rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"Bachelorhood And Its Discontents"

Not sure if this belongs in "Girls" or others, but it makes a lot of awesome points about productivity and marriage.

http://www.newenglishreview.org/custpage...c_id/22098

Thanks for the article. Some good quotes:

Talleyrand:

Quote:Quote:

a married man with a family will do anything for money.

Chekov:

If you are afraid of loneliness, don't marry.

Washington Irving:

With married men their amorous romance is apt to decline after marriage…but with a bachelor, though it may slumber, it never dies. It is always liable to break out again in transient flashes, and never so much as on a spring morning in the country; or on a winter evening, when seated in his solitary chamber, stirring up the fire and talking of matrimony.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

ONE ENDURING MYTH holds that the bachelor is an expert on the female sex, a legend encouraged by Mencken when he said that “Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn’t they’d be married too.” To my knowledge there has never been a study that sought to determine why men remain bachelors, though the most reluctant among them seem to possess one common trait: a deep and abiding cynicism toward the fairer sex. Not that the bachelor is completely immune to female charms and wiles; he simply has a greater resistance than the average guy, combined perhaps with a more profound dread of connubial bliss.

I think generalizations about bachelors fail to note a distinction obvious to the observant. Namely that there are involuntary bachelors, for whom marriage to anyone remotely attractive is out of reach, and there are voluntary bachelors who can't imagine why they would buy the cow when they can get the milk for free.

I'd agree with Mencken's point about cynicism. Guys with game, natural or learned (maybe more so for those with learned game), are in a position to see things for what they are, and cynicism is often a byproduct of that. Guys without game can remain blissfully ignorant . . . until reality rams itself home like his wife's lover plowing her ass.

Quote: (08-21-2011 11:38 AM)assman Wrote:  

ONE ENDURING MYTH holds that the bachelor is an expert on the female sex, a legend encouraged by Mencken when he said that “Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn’t they’d be married too.” To my knowledge there has never been a study that sought to determine why men remain bachelors, though the most reluctant among them seem to possess one common trait: a deep and abiding cynicism toward the fairer sex.

I'd agree with Mencken's point about cynicism. Guys with game, natural or learned (maybe more so for those with learned game), are in a position to see things for what they are, and cynicism is often a byproduct of that.

One thing they don't don't mention, is men who have been fucked over by a lying, cheating cunt & fucked over in divorce court.
"Once burned, twice shy".
"Fuck me once, shame on you. Fuck me twice, shame on me. There won't be a third time".

The article is awesome for many reasons, and i've read it a couple of times over the years.

As someone who has been in a relationship and not, I will say that being in a relationship was a major time suck for me. Dating regularly and having casual girlfriends is nothing like the time demands imposed on a man by a live-in woman/wife.

When I think of my life as a bachelor, I enjoy the fact I am in full control of my day-to-day living. I can come home after a long day and relax/re-charge. I can choose to spend as much time/money doing what I want to do versus what I don't want to do. I can focus some hours in the day to think about the bigger picture and what I want to do in the brief years on this Earth called my life.

Make no mistake: every girl's horny wet dream is to domesticate an alpha dog. They'll leave you once they've done the job. They'll leave you if you don't let them. Either way, they'll leave.

If you decide to marry, you will fork over your life's ambitions and enjoyments to support her materialistic nesting ambitions. A house, car, and kid won't be enough. A bigger house will be sought. A newer car will be demanded. A second kid will be added. Those kids will grow up more devoted to her than you.

The sad thing about all this is that's immutable. It's programmed into her biology, and will be reinforced socially by the peers/family that she values over you. She may not even think about these things when she's first with you in love and all. But it will come.