rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Years ago I left Game b/c it was BS

I stopped gaming 5 years ago. At that time I had read lots and lots of game and memorized theory like nobody's business. After being frustrated with the lack of results, I left game and dismissed it as ultimately being bullshit.

I was actually wrong about game being bullshit. Here's why.

I was just a really nice guy years ago or so I thought. The thing about being a nice guy is that it made me miserable. Really I was just a passive aggressive kid who thought he was nice. After leaving game and just living life without it, I focused more on myself and socializing/ making friends. In this time I became better socialized with people and more confident around others, including girls.

My approach anxiety lessened and I was better at conversing with girls. Also at this time I wasn't using game and I still don't today, per se. I did however have a profound change in my personality. I became selfish and less apologetic. These two traits I would say were crucial for me to getting laid and having better luck and relationships with girls.

Before I used to be extremely polite and respectful to girls. I'm still quite polite and respectful, but to a lesser degree. the problem with me and game was that I was just a bitch boy. What I'm trying to say is that now that getting girls is no longer a huge problem for me, I realized that the way I interact with girls now is similar to what game essentially teaches you.

If a girl goes hot/ cold on me, I don't hesitate or get emotional. I keep my cool and carry on, because the moment a girl knows she can fuck with your emotions is the moment she starts losing respect for you and toys with you for fun.

If a girl disrespects me, I don't act all hurt and salty, but I'm also not going to pretend like we're cool. I let it go and move on, don't act petty. And sure enough, they always come back on their own and apologize for their behaviour. After that you can basically do whatever you like because they feel guilty for a little while [Image: wink.gif]

Anyway, after meeting at least a few girls every couple months and sleeping with one or two, I realized that sleeping with girls is simple. Have confidence in yourself and be your own dude. If you ask the girls who know me, they would tell you I'm actually a nice guy, because I am. I'm still nice to girls and pull mushy shit and act cute with them, but at the right time. And I can also be an asshole but only when it's deserved.

Even though this post is a little disorganized, the point is that girls should not matter that much. After leaving game I learned so much on my own, but in the end I realized that game makes sense. I used to be shy and overanalyze situations to the point of little action. I was seriously so hopeless when it came to girls. The most important thing to takeaway would be that most girls won't care about you unless you give them a reason. Be confident in yourself and when starting it, it might be better to be a little beta, because faking being something your not can hurt your chances, it certainly did for me. Once you get more confident, then you can start to really apply game and utilize it well.

I just wanted to share my experience and I realize there is like no technical advice whatsoever.

[Image: 9c71a6f9bd4a34044b5b935503f8837e9253c4ec...b6b8cf.jpg]

[Image: 1qPm2oJFSuWOI4rtFx06_Confused%20Ice%20Cube.gif]

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

We're still men...

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

...men is what we are.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Don't know why the above posters are laughing at the OP.

What the OP wrote makes perfect sense to me. It may read the same old same old to many on here, but like the OP said he's just sharing his experiences.

Game isn't the PUA bullshit like we used to think it was. I, too, got sucked into that with mediocre results, and I also "left" the PUA community. Ten years or so later, plus a failed marriage, I know far more about how women work and know enough about game that some self respect goes a long way with women.

This sounds a lot like "just be yourself" and "be confident" which is the advice that girls give guys.

But do I do think there is something to be said about not pushing game theory on newbies as the first avenue to success with women. A lot of men aren't ready for it and if they dive in too deep too quick they end up moving towards the rsd spam approach camp with clown game confidence instead of developing themselves as men. I think a lot of guys would be much better suited to expand their horizons and confidence first before even worrying about girls by doing some self-exploration/development through avenues like long term solo travel, or military.

Certainly game has come a long way since the sedfast days when I first dove in though. That shit got me laid back then but my personality and confidence was all built on a giant house of cards instead of developed authentically. Long term solo travel is what eventually really set me on the right path.

Cleanslate might be right.

Maybe it is we who are the phaggots.

[Image: My+dick+is+confused+_4600d76fd295ba73347...6a0614.png]

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Quote: (01-16-2017 08:25 AM)CleanSlate Wrote:  

What the OP wrote makes perfect sense to me. It may read the same old same old to many on here, but like the OP said he's just sharing his experiences.

Game isn't the PUA bullshit like we used to think it was. I, too, got sucked into that with mediocre results, and I also "left" the PUA community. Ten years or so later, plus a failed marriage, I know far more about how women work and know enough about game that some self respect goes a long way with women.

What OP wrote is mindset, and improving ones self first. No different than any self improvement. It could very well be that studying game and getting no results pushed him out the door and into real life, for the first time. Notice how just being relaxed, and socially active, changed OP's life. For a lot of the more inexperienced guys I see and meet, I would say this is their number one drawback. Being such a long time member of RVF, its plausible.

The spammy title of the thread is whats garnering the negative reaction most likely.

^ It's that the voice of his post sounds pretty gay.

Also we been going through phases since 2012 of almost trying to exterminate active game tactics by lauding these gay "I found myself threads".

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

Quote: (01-16-2017 10:06 AM)Travesty Wrote:  

^ It's that the voice of his post sounds pretty gay.

Also we been going through phases since 2012 of almost trying to exterminate active game tactics by lauding these gay "I found myself threads".

the title of the thread is all that I see wrong with it.

Quote: (01-16-2017 08:25 AM)CleanSlate Wrote:  

Just not thread worthy IMO. Doesn't offer any discernible insight, or help nor is there a request for help.

Don't mean to be harsh on newcomers but this " exercise in mental masturbation" would / should be better logged in Forum-Lounge Everything Goes is all.

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

Quote: (01-16-2017 03:38 AM)Social Deviant Wrote:  

If a girl goes hot/ cold on me, I don't hesitate or get emotional. I keep my cool and carry on, because the moment a girl knows she can fuck with your emotions is the moment she starts losing respect for you and toys with you for fun.

If a girl disrespects me, I don't act all hurt and salty, but I'm also not going to pretend like we're cool. I let it go and move on, don't act petty. And sure enough, they always come back on their own and apologize for their behaviour. After that you can basically do whatever you like because they feel guilty for a little while [Image: wink.gif]

OP,

it says you left Game....but the above seems to be a form of Game. Simpler and shallow but still game.

It makes sense to me, and actually is consistant with my journey. I read all the right "lines" and all about how to act, but until I was truly in the right mindset it was all meaningless. And getting to the right mindset isn't something you can just read about.

Sounds like he's advocating the Mark Manson Models approach. I see nothing wrong with that.

https://www.amazon.com/Models-Attract-Wo...1463750358

I enjoy reading through these threads on RooshV because the community aspect of game makes it feel literally like a competitive sport, but not everyone's got the fire in the belly to be chasing notches like the "pros".

Red pill knowledge has far-reaching benefits even without being a player.