rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Good Excuse to Cover My Ass Since I'm Unemployed?

I'm currently unemployed. When I meet girls I lie to them and say that I work so I don't look bad. But there are times when I ask a girl out on an afternoon date and she asks if the afternoon doesn't conflict with my work schedule. I ask for afternoon dates sometimes because its the only time some girls are available. What excuse do I tell them if they inquire about this again when I ask them out on an afteroon date?

You're obviously insecure about being unemployed. It's messing with your confidence.

The easy answer is to tell them you work in sales and have an unconventional schedule.

The hard answer is to figure out why you are unemployed, what skills you possess, and how to land a job.

It would help you drastically if you found a job in a field you can excel in. Figure out what you bring to the table and go from there.

Unemployed game is exclusive to drug dealers and failed musicians.

What's your usual line of work? Is "I used to work for X company but I didn't like the environment there, so I'm currently seeking a job with Awesome Y Corp" not a viable explanation?

As being temporarily unemployed is not terribly uncommon, I wouldn't worry about it too much. The great thing about women is that so long as you give the impression that you've got something going for you and have a modicum of ambition in life, and aren't absolutely broke as fuck, they're willing to forgive a lot. FFS it'll put you yards ahead of the curve of the average chode who tries to run game on them who is content with their lot in life.

When I got back into game I was unemployed, because I had been chronically ill for a while and unable to work The girls I went out with at that time I told: "I suffered from a chronic illness, but I'm doing better now and working on starting my own business. This is what I do, I do blah blah and blah."

Did I never get laid? Of course not. Did they care too much? Of course they didn't.

If I was unemployed I'd be directing all my efforts into landing a job or making myself more employable.

Women would come a very distant second on my list of priorities. It won't do you any harm to put getting laid on the backburner till you sort your situation out.

Have you tried "acting the opposite"? [Image: lol.gif]

^ this shit actually works

Quote: (01-10-2017 01:25 AM)XPQ22 Wrote:  

^ this shit actually works

^ Completely agree. The key is to "own it." Almost every game rule can be bent or broken if your frame is strong enough.

I think there is a disconnect between western men's perception of what their women care about, and what they actually do.

The western man rationally concludes that because it's stupid for a woman to go after a guy who can't get a job, that they won't like him if he's unemployed, so he needs to hide that fact.

But this is wrong. Don't try to project your rational thought onto the particular type of twisted irrational people known as the western woman. For her, you just have to be exciting. Look at all those women in the American 'hood', with multiple kids by different guys. Did they give a shit about jobs? And the women who bang unemployed broke university students studying some useless degree. Do they give a shit?

Hell, I don't normally disclose personal stuff here, but I'll admit to having finally gotten with an American not too long ago (in Asia). You know how I got her? I walked into a bar and saw her give me a smile. Then banging an hour later. She was just some ditzy international student [and incidentally, Roosh's description of them treating sex as a mere bodily function is correct, even though she looked good if I never get with another American chick again that'd be lovely]. Did she care about jobs? None of them do, dude. That would be rational and require foresight beyond 24 hours.

Just be an interesting exciting guy. Make your unemployment sound deliberate, and connected to a goal of yours, even if it's bullshit. You're writing a book on Migration Patterns of Polar Bears because it fascinates you, and you needed to dedicate more time to it. You're trying to study Daoism deeper to find your true self. Any horsecrap will do as long as it stimulates her tiny brain somehow. Say you quit, not that you were fired. Say your boss was a crazy cokehead and everyone else quit too.

Think 'stimulating'. Work on things that create immediate short-term stimulation (muscularity, style, personality, stories etc). Don't consider things that indicate good long-term prospect because they don't care.

"Entrepreneur". General catch all, and dumb chicks aren't going to pry further. It's not a lie as such.

Or as suggested above, own it (but with a twist).

"For a few weeks I've been out of work, eating into my riches, and frankly I'm starting to enjoy myself just a little too much."

edit: "Witness protection program" would be an awesome one to pull off. If you can make up something totally ridiculous and run with it as a joke then by the time you've established rapport she won't give a fuck what you really do (or don't do) for a living. She'll just start building a fantasy in her head that leads to your bed.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

solid advice by phoenix. i got laid more when i was a poor student probably because I knew I wouldn't be poor for long, and that affected how i interacted with people.

in addition to entrepreneur, there is consultant and writer. but fibbing is not good if it weakens your frame.

OP, don't give straight answers, you don't need to explain yourself to girls.

OP: "Let's meet this afternoon."
girl: "Does it conflict with your work schedule?"
OP: "It doesn't. There's this bar I really enjoy, let's have a drink there."

If she asks question, answer whatever you want, it doesn't matter.
"I'm a UFO hunter, and there was no sighting in the area this afternoon."
From my experience, young girls enjoy this kind of not-to-the-point answers.

Quote: (01-10-2017 02:38 AM)Phoenix Wrote:  

Hell, I don't normally disclose personal stuff here, but I'll admit to having finally gotten with an American not too long ago (in Asia). You know how I got her? I walked into a bar and saw her give me a smile. Then banging an hour later. She was just some ditzy international student [and incidentally, Roosh's description of them treating sex as a mere bodily function is correct, even though she looked good if I never get with another American chick again that'd be lovely]. Did she care about jobs? None of them do, dude. That would be rational and require foresight beyond 24 hours.

I’ve had a similar experience in Asia. Some of these American women (so “educated”) get very jealous in SE Asia. They see all the men taking Plan B, so they try to “up their game” by putting out easily. But most lack the attributes of submissive femininity that are cultivated over time; once a man has experienced this femininity, he becomes unwilling to settle for less.

The OP should not worry, as you’ve pointed out. It’s about stimulating tingles—not exhibiting your character, integrity or virtue. I would add the “entrepreneur” tag, as Leonard Neubache describes below. Her imagination will run with that.

"Action still preserves for us a hope that we may stand erect." - Thucydides (from History of the Peloponnesian War)

Quote: (01-10-2017 11:02 AM)MajorStyles Wrote:  

I’ve had a similar experience in Asia. Some of these American women (so “educated”) get very jealous in SE Asia. They see all the men taking Plan B, so they try to “up their game” by putting out easily. But most lack the attributes of submissive femininity that are cultivated over time; once a man has experienced this femininity, he becomes unwilling to settle for less.

Did you feel like you'd fucked a pig? That's what I thought. 'I just fucked a pig'. She wasn't even fat, good body for a western white girl actually. Felt kind of empty and dirty, like 'I just fucked someone right? I didn't just imagine it?'. Like she's enjoying the feeling but its completely devoid of any emotional affect for her. Like taking a badly needed shit or something. OP your problem with being unemployed isn't that you can't lay dates, it's that you can't afford a plane ticket.

Quote: (01-10-2017 12:53 AM)nidall Wrote:  

I'm currently unemployed. When I meet girls I lie to them and say that I work so I don't look bad. But there are times when I ask a girl out on an afternoon date and she asks if the afternoon doesn't conflict with my work schedule. I ask for afternoon dates sometimes because its the only time some girls are available. What excuse do I tell them if they inquire about this again when I ask them out on an afteroon date?

'I am an entrepreneur' [Image: tard.gif]

A Primer on Fast Club Sex || Speed Closing || Brisbane Datasheet

PM me for add into my Seeking Arrangement 'Saltdaddy' Free FB Mastermind Group

Quote: (01-10-2017 11:31 AM)Phoenix Wrote:  

Did you feel like you'd fucked a pig? That's what I thought. 'I just fucked a pig'. She wasn't even fat, good body for a western white girl actually. Felt kind of empty and dirty, like 'I just fucked someone right? I didn't just imagine it?'. Like she's enjoying the feeling but its completely devoid of any emotional affect for her. Like taking a badly needed shit or something. OP your problem with being unemployed isn't that you can't lay dates, it's that you can't afford a plane ticket.

I do remember that she tried to move me from position to position. I’ve noticed this before, being with other Western women. Some will move you around like you’re the woman. At the moment, I was able to overlook it. But over the long term, it would be a deal breaker.

"Action still preserves for us a hope that we may stand erect." - Thucydides (from History of the Peloponnesian War)

If you play it off well, you'll actually be more successful pulling ass while unemployed than when you're employed. When I lived in Vegas full time, I went through a brief stint of unemployment. I applied for jobs full time, wrote a bunch, sold some collectibles on eBay, did a little sports betting and blackjack, and cultivated online matches. My profile said something to the effect of "Writer and Blackjack Extraordinaire."

My response rate was much higher than when I was employed, as was the rate of turning those responses into dates. I also flipped those dates into bangs at a much higher rate. The key to it was keeping what I really did a mystery. My days were actually boring. I didn't do much because I wanted to conserve my savings, and most of my day was spent building connections and applying for jobs. I had been published a few times, so I could show them my work, which kept them intrigued. If they asked how I made money, I was vague.

I was also much more relaxed. When you're unemployed, pussy takes a back seat to everything else. This showed through my carefree attitude, and since I didn't want to divulge too much about my current situation, I maintained that mystique that women love. When I got a job, the boom ended and things went back to normal.

So OP, use this to your advantage. Just don't spend too much money. Pick out venues with cheap drinks, or go during happy hour to save money. You'll be surprised by how many women will ignore the guy with the great job for the one with no job.

You gotta get creative man.

At first when I started actively chasing girls they didn't even know where I lived and what I really did for a living. I was hanging with them at their place and going out to clubs/pubs.

It was rather enlightening that all it took was to assume to hang out at their place and to not bring the topic of "me". Date? We met at their place, went out somewhere near and came back to theirs. House party? At someone's house or dorm.

As for actually talking about it.. Phoenix said it best. Think stimulating. Come up with some exciting bullshit that makes you independent thinker and a person living on his terms even when the temporary cost is no regular income. Be one of those "babe don't worry, once my mixtape blows up we're set" wannabe rappers. One of those IT startup junkies living in one small house and working on their breakthrough application cause they don't want to regret in their fifties not taking a shot at it. Basically put your unemployment in some cool frame and convey certain image with stimulating meaning behind it.

I own my own business and work for myself. The work I do is not really attractive, it's in the IT category. Women always ask me what I do for a living.

I tell them I'm a criminal, or a drug dealer, or an art thief. Then change the subject. It definitely throws them off. I say it with a smirk and they usually don't believe it. If they do believe it then good, I'm cool. If not oh well the conversation keeps moving

Quote: (01-10-2017 02:38 AM)Phoenix Wrote:  

You're writing a book on Migration Patterns of Polar Bears because it fascinates you,

Good idea. You incidentally gave me an idea for my new book: The "Rapefugees" Invasion of Europe: Migration Patterns of Saharan Beggars

Why are you going out with women and spending money when you have no source of income. You need to be 100% focusing on YOU, NOT WOMEN. Your wellbeing matters more than random women at the moment. Get your own financial house in order, then get back to the dating realm. Dating while broke and out of work, plus lying about it to women you meet is not the path to self-improvement. Focus on finding work first which gives you purpose, then date.

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Quote: (01-10-2017 10:35 AM)Latan Wrote:  

OP, don't give straight answers, you don't need to explain yourself to girls.

OP: "Let's meet this afternoon."
girl: "Does it conflict with your work schedule?"
OP: "It doesn't. There's this bar I really enjoy, let's have a drink there."

If she asks question, answer whatever you want, it doesn't matter.
"I'm a UFO hunter, and there was no sighting in the area this afternoon."
From my experience, young girls enjoy this kind of not-to-the-point answers.

Do this. Get out of your habit of explaining yourself to people when you don't need to.

Quote: (01-10-2017 12:27 PM)Prof. Ligate Wrote:  

Quote: (01-10-2017 12:53 AM)nidall Wrote:  

'I am an entrepreneur' [Image: tard.gif]

We all know that, and would never bother playing that shit here at the RVF, but this is not about how we look at it.

How would a prospective bang look at it?

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Leonard, your frame is wrong. you are assuming you need a job to get laid, or that it will enhance you. you are also assuming she will ask you about your employment.

read post 16. being unemployed can be a blessing in terms of getting laid. you have more time and more mystery instead of being a wage slave.

I think you're reading the post incorrectly. I didn't infer that.

Get a job. it'll take the psychological burden of lying off of you and you'll have money and all that other good stuff that comes with working.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.