rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The most ideal locations for travel

===== Stats =====

Height: 5 foot 10 (178 cm)
Nationality: Indo-Canadian (East Indian/Punjabi)
Skin Tone: Olive Skin Tone
Body Type: Normal
Eye Color:Brown
hairstyle: short with a fade
game: confident social guy that's also "nice"

Greetings,

After thoroughly looking at the travel section and collecting all the appropriate information. I have decided on a few locations that could possibly suit my location independant lifestyle. I'm working on becoming a stock trader and currently looking for two countries to live in to pursue a location independent lifestyle. I have decided that I would ideally like to expatriate, learn the local language, become a citizen of one of these countries, and leave Canada for good. Here are my options:

=== Set 1 ===

1) Poland (expat)
2) Romania

With this option I would be living 3 months Poland/Romania and ideally working towards Polish citizenship. Poland is a 2nd world country that has solid infrastructure, beautiful architecture, attractive women, and a member of the European Union. Romania would be the other country I would live in since its close to Poland, affordable, and more reasonable male competition. The con's would be the xenophobia/racism, learning to speak Polish is pretty difficult and Polish people are pretty tall and i'm just average height so that could possibly neglect my dating experiences in regards to the quality of women.

=== Set 2 ===

1) Colombia
2) Mexico

Latin America is my other option with Colombia and Mexico.l The pro's is that Spanish would be the easiest language to learn for a native English speaker, tropical climate with great food, women with voluptuous body physiques, and a interesting culture. The con's is the crime/violence in these countries is a problem, infrastructure, and the local economies of the countries not up to par with EE. I wouldn't know which one of these countries I would become a citizen of if I had too.

I prefer set #1 more then set #2 but I would rather have the opinion of people with more experience, and knowledge regarding this field. I've been on Badoo and Ive had Polish women check out my profiles and Colombian girls check out and even msg me. I was speaking with one Colombian chick from Bucaramanga who wanted me to visit her. I don't want to mix the set's because I want to save money by travelling between countries and the whole timezone crap. Plus it would help me learn the local language alot better. The most difficult aspect would be for me to learn the local language. I dont plan on leaving anytime soon but I do wanna make the necessary preparations now for a smooth transition. Please feel free to share your opinions. Appreciate it.

Quote: (01-08-2017 06:21 AM)kartik13 Wrote:  

1) Poland (expat)
2) Romania

With this option I would be living 3 months Poland/Romania and ideally working towards Polish citizenship. Poland is a 2nd world country that has solid infrastructure, beautiful architecture, attractive women, and a member of the European Union. Romania would be the other country I would live in since its close to Poland, affordable, and more reasonable male competition. The con's would be the xenophobia/racism, learning to speak Polish is pretty difficult and Polish people are pretty tall and i'm just average height so that could possibly neglect my dating experiences in regards to the quality of women.

How would you be working toward your citizenship in Poland? Work Visa? Marriage with a local? If you like Latin American women, Romanian women are more similar looking and also overall better looking. Also, compared to Polish women, Romanian females are shorter on average. But I think overall, Polish women are friendlier than Romanian. Polish and Romanian people speak very decent english so knowing local language is not even necessary. I also wouldn't worry about xenophobia. Only the punks and idiots are outwardly racist and you generally won't be coming across them much.

Also European culture is very different from Latin American. If you like long bus rides, less developed cities and few people who speak english, go to Latin America. If you prefer a more cultural place, historic buildings, safer, more orderly but somewhat colder demeanor, go to Europe. My advice is go on a short trip and visit these places before you make any major decision. In the end, its more about finding a place that suits you more than it is about women.

How much time have spent living outside of Canada before? I ask because as a Canadian, I understand how much the place can suck (especially during winter) but after spending 3-4 months in Colombia each year, I'm always happy to return back home. Basically what I'm saying is that the grass isn't always greener on the other side, between Canada and Colombia, both places have their pros and cons.

Nationality: Indo-Canadian (East Indian/Punjabi)

With the current situation in Poland your safer bet is option 2. Just read in the Everything else section about the Tunisian who killed a Pole. Eventhough you are Canadian people make assumptions based on race.

Poland is a 2nd world country that has solid infrastructure, beautiful architecture, attractive women, and a member of the European Union. Romania would be the other country I would live in since its close to Poland, affordable, and more reasonable male competition.

Poland is a first world country with better infrastructure than many US or Canadian cities. Furthermore prices are higher in the bigger cities than they are in Southern Europe.

Good luck nevertheless but I would go to Latin America.

Quote: (01-08-2017 10:58 AM)scotian Wrote:  

How much time have spent living outside of Canada before? I ask because as a Canadian, I understand how much the place can suck (especially during winter) but after spending 3-4 months in Colombia each year, I'm always happy to return back home.
Sometimes when I watch "Trailer Park Boys" on Netflix, I wonder if this show is based on your life in Nova Scotia.

Being from Mississippi, I think I'm qualified to tackle these sorts of stereotypes.

And I have to disagree. I'm never happy to return back home after being in Colombia. When I'm down to my last couple of weeks in Colombia, I'm always stomping around and saying goddamnit a lot.

Quote: (01-08-2017 12:37 PM)BrewDog Wrote:  

How much time have spent living outside of Canada before? I ask because as a Canadian, I understand how much the place can suck (especially during winter) but after spending 3-4 months in Colombia each year, I'm always happy to return back home.
Sometimes when I watch "Trailer Park Boys" on Netflix, I wonder if this show is based on your life in Nova Scotia.

Being from Mississippi, I think I'm qualified to tackle these sorts of stereotypes.

And I have to disagree. I'm never happy to return back home after being in Colombia. When I'm down to my last couple of weeks in Colombia, I'm always stomping around and saying goddamnit a lot.

TBPs is a pretty accurate depiction of the lives of blue collar white trash on Canada's east coast. My brother reminds me a lot of Ricky because he grows and sells a ton of dope but somehow never gets ahead in life, my mom actually lived in the trailer park where they filmed the first season, now she lives in a trailer in the middle of nowhere and snares rabbits for money haha.

I get pissed off in Colombia over little things like shitty customer service, shitty gym culture (never re-rack weights or wipe benches), line cutters, gringo prices and crazy drivers. Overall though I love the place but when I get back to Canada I am pretty happy to be back to my "normal" but of course after a couple of months I get antsy and want to go back down south.

Quote: (01-08-2017 12:47 PM)scotian Wrote:  

I get pissed off in Colombia over little things like shitty customer service, shitty gym culture (never re-rack weights or wipe benches), line cutters, gringo prices and crazy drivers.
I agree with this. Customer service in Colombia is complete bullshit. I have no idea how such a bunch of nice people can be such complete shitbirds when it comes to service. They just don't give a shit.

I hate to be that guy that comes to someone else's country and complains. But goddamnit, is it too much to ask to get a beer and a menu within the first 20 minutes of sitting down in a restaurant? When the waitress comes up the first time, I'll usually order anywhere from 3 to 5 beers. And she'll ask, "At one time?" And I'm like yeah, bring it. Because I know I'm not gonna see her ass for another 30 minutes. And if I have to sit quietly without a beer for 30 minutes I'll lose my goddamn mind.

And the Gringo tax can be annoying as fuck. I got some cavities filled and a polished porcelain filling on my tooth in Bogota. I paid $250 and figured I got a good deal because in the US that shit would've been a grand. When I was paying, the girl I was dating said, "750 mil? I could get the same thing for 250 mil. You want me to complain?" I said, No, fuck it. Even the doctors dick you over.

The lack of customer service here is mind blowing and someone from North America simply can't comprehend how terrible it can be until you get down here and experience it first hand. I was at Chipichape mall (fancy mall) in Cali recently with three other forum members, we decided to eat at El Corral, an expensive burger place. I ordered a burger combo and it cost 32.000 (about $10, which is very expensive in Colombia) and asked for no tomatoes or onions. We were the only customers there and still waited for about a half an hour and finally our burgers were ready and of course I opened it up and what did I find? Fucking tomatoes and onions and a half liter or mayonnaise so thick the bun was soggy and I couldn't properly eat it. I scooped that shit onto a serviette and went up to the register and slammed the pile of shit onto the counter and told the idiot working there "I waited over a half an hour and you still fucked it up!" She just looked at me with a stunned look on her face.

In my experience the best places to eat are the cheap menu del dia places where the locals dine, it isn't the best food but its cheap ($2-3), quick and at least you know what you're getting. If you find a restaurant that you like, just keep going there because if you eat at different places, you will inevitably lose your fucking mind over this shit, at least I do, no wonder I smoke so much dope down here.

Ha! I sort of like El Coral. I love some meat platters, and that's a good meat place. Sort of. My expectations for food go way down while I'm in Colombia. If you want some overcooked fried trout and some tasteless arepas, then Colombia is the shizzy. The best damn food there is "Crepes and Waffles." And the girls like going there because that's some high dollar food. A night at "Crepes and Waffles" is gonna get a Gringo laid, fo sho.

Here's some more shit that annoys me to no end... You'll go to some little place and ask for a menu. They have NO fucking menu. They just come up and ask for your order. As if I have a goddamn clue what the fuck they're selling. "Hey man... could I get a menu?" No menu. "Ok, well do you have sancocho?" Nope. "Do you have sopa de costilla?" Nope. Well that's why I wanted a goddamn menu because I don't know what the fuck you're selling! There's no chalkboard on the wall with the day's specials or jack nada.

So, they'll have like two dishes. And the specials aren't even the same every day. I'm just supposed to automatically know what they have to eat. It's pretty obvious that I've never been there before because they might remember the only gringo that's been there ever in history. They might start out the conversation with, "Hello sir. These are our two lunch specials..."

So, they'll tell me lengua and ajiaco are the two specials. I wanna switch up the side items to go with my main dish, but "No es posible." Because god forbid a Colombian might have that sort of flexibility to switch one side dish for another.

There's a reason Colombia doesn't have a space program. The first time I spent months in Colombia the expats would go on and on about how stupid the Colombians can be. I kept my mouth shut but didn't agree. I think the Colombians are surely smart in their own way; they just don't understand common sense the same way we do. And I've come to see what those expats meant. It can be maddening. It's like dealing with children.

But I still love the place. I wish I were there now. Shitty food and all, it's magical.

I often wonder what goes through a Colombian's head when they travel to a place like the US or Canada for the first time and things are efficient, run smoothly and people obey rules? It must be really weird to stand in a line and the person next to you gives you personal space, doesn't bump into you or cut into the line. I have a friend in Medellin who just returned from NYC after living there for 6 months, I'm going to pick her brain about this.

Quote: (01-08-2017 03:05 PM)scotian Wrote:  

I often wonder what goes through a Colombian's head when they travel to a place like the US or Canada for the first time and things are efficient, run smoothly and people obey rules? It must be really weird to stand in a line and the person next to you gives you personal space, doesn't bump into you or cut into the line. I have a friend in Medellin who just returned from NYC after living there for 6 months, I'm going to pick her brain about this.
I still don't understand the cutting in line. Some other Gringos swear it's just cultural, but horse fucking donkey ass. That is rude no matter where you are.

It always happens to me at the ATM. In the civil world, you don't stand right over someone's shoulder while they enter their PIN and take out money. So, you give them a bit of space. To a Colombian, that means there's somehow a free open spot. It's as if all the rest of us fuckers standing in line are just hanging out in the bank and not waiting for the ATM.

And they always act surprised after they come butt in. I'll say, "Hey! There's a line for the cajero!" And they're like, "Oh, sorry. I didn't know there was a line."

I havent spent much time outside the western world. Its mostly been Usa, Canada, and Britain. From the sound of things latin america is out the picture. I really like Poland i was worried about my height being a factor but I think thats bullshit. Theres more then enough for everyone especially if I put my best foot forward.

Quote: (01-08-2017 05:03 PM)kartik13 Wrote:  

I havent spent much time outside the western world. Its mostly been Usa, Canada, and Britain. From the sound of things latin america is out the picture. I really like Poland i was worried about my height being a factor but I think thats bullshit. Theres more then enough for everyone especially if I put my best foot forward.

Why did you write off South America? With all its problems, there's less racism there than in many other parts of the world, generally speaking. You'll be exotic in a country like Colombia or Ecuador. Height is not a big deal either, because many locals are short.

Racism is not as bad as people say in Poland. If you look at the statistics on hate crimes its not that bad. Theres racism in Canada as well but im here. I mean look at Philko hes a African American livingin Russia having a blast.I wouldnt be considered exotic in Ecuador or Colombia because im a brown guy. Some Colombian girls thought I was Colombian. Well for height I have also been with women that are 6 foot... I lost my virginity to a woman that was taller than me. Yeah Poland has some tall guys but theres alot of women and my exotic value is high. There will be some women out of reach due to my height but that goes for almost all western countries, Ee and Russia. Thats life but there are ALOT of women that it wouldnt matter.

Quote: (01-08-2017 05:26 PM)kartik13 Wrote:  

Racism is not as bad as people say in Poland. If you look at the statistics on hate crimes its not that bad. Theres racism in Canada as well but im here. I mean look at Philko hes a African American livingin Russia having a blast.I wouldnt be considered exotic in Ecuador or Colombia because im a brown guy. Some Colombian girls thought I was Colombian. Well for height I have also been with women that are 6 foot... I lost my virginity to a woman that was taller than me. Yeah Poland has some tall guys but theres alot of women and my exotic value is high. There will be some women out of reach due to my height but that goes for almost all western countries, Ee and Russia. Thats life but there are ALOT of women that it wouldnt matter.

I was in Poland two months ago. I'm slightly taller than you at 185cm (6'1''). I felt comfortably taller than most men there, more so than I do back home (UK). I would say 5'10'' would definitely not make it so that girls are rejecting you due to your height.

I'm also brown and girls definitely take notice of your exotic factor; especially if you are westernised. They loved my accent, and I'm sure your Canadian accent will also play a big factor.

How much time have spent living outside of Canada before? I ask because as a Canadian, I understand how much the place can suck (especially during winter) but after spending 3-4 months in Colombia each year, I'm always happy to return back home. Basically what I'm saying is that the grass isn't always greener on the other side, between Canada and Colombia, both places have their pros and cons.

This is the truth.

This is my 3rd winter outside Canada. 6 months becomes a grind and that is why I opted for 3 months this year.

Thats why im opting out of Latin America. Yeah Colombia has beautiful women but I also want other things as well. I also want culture, beautiful scenery, safety, health and nutrition, workout at quality gyms, and etc. In Poland I would live in a small town anyways i dont see myself in Warsaw at all only as a tourist which I can do over a weekend. Eating gmo free organic food will also be essential which is usually more available in more developed countries. Maybe Romania might not be as lovely but ill probably be there temporarily until i get a visa for Poland.

Quote: (01-07-2017 01:33 AM)Captain Gh Wrote:  

I also wouldn't worry about xenophobia. Only the punks and idiots are outwardly racist and you generally won't be coming across them much.

Yes and no, the racism is veiled and if you don't understand Polish very well then you may not even notice it.

It's more nationalism than "racism" anyway. Poles will subtly hang shit on the French for example...

I'm a brown Southeast Asian American of average height who's lived in Gdansk for a year and a half now. Have had a Polish 7 for a girlfriend for a little over a year now. Met her using intermediate day game.

Can't speak to Romania or Latin America, but you should be fine here. As multiple ethnic guys living in continental Europe have posted, you'll be your nationality first, and your race second, rather than the other way around, as it is in the Anglosphere.

That being said, make sure you lift, dress well, and have intermediate game. Your exotic value will interest some girls, but only for the first few seconds of your approaches.

hello everyone
my "go for it" location is Barelona, Spain
I am planing to move there
any advice?
thanks
Pablo

hi guys, i'm now here one week in poland ( Warsaw) and here are my toughts: the polish girls are really approachable as a foreigner and they are really friendly and have a great character and are goodlooking. However , i had already 5 dates so far, and i wasn't been able to seal the deal yet and capture my polish flag( i live now a bit outside the city center, so that decreases my changes for sure, i will move soon). It's definatly not that easy as SEA but the quality is much better and still much better then the west and girls are so sweet, they are more marry material. So i guess it will takes a couple of dates to seal the deal.

There are some huge disadvantes on poland: it's aboslutly freezing now ( - 15 degrees) and the polish guys ( it's like roosh told in his book and this is completly true, they are huge cockblockers, jealous, especially if you have a darker skin, they can be aggressive, i can't say many good words about them). They are a huge thread in nightlife!! My most friends here so far are other French, spanish, indians,..

But i still would recommend poland to you [Image: smile.gif] In Romania you will be less exoctic, they have many gypsies over there [Image: smile.gif]))))))

Yeah for Romania it seems like the only feasible option under my circumstances. I could do Ukraine but wouldnt be worthwhile without speaking Russian since most people dont speak conversational english. Croatia is another option but alot of tall people in the balkins. But I dont see myself spending much time in Romania, maybe i might just get a visa and stay in Poland. Whatever is cheaper interms of paying taxes and saving money.

Quote: (01-08-2017 09:05 PM)Swell Wrote:  

This is the truth.

This is my 3rd winter outside Canada. 6 months becomes a grind and that is why I opted for 3 months this year.

Canada is a great place to be honestly, but the winters are brutal and most people can't afford to live in Vancouver so I try to leave in the winters as much as I can. I've been shoveling snow almost everyday here in central canada and it's really getting on my nerves lately, I can't wait to leave for warmer pastures in a few weeks.

It really depends. If you went to Colombia and made a local wage it probably would be pretty shitty. But because we come from countries with much higher incomes we can afford substantially better lifestyles in 2nd / 3rd world countries than here.

I'm about 5 years out from my move and that day couldn't come soon enough. Canada is a great place to make money. It is a boring place to live.

I'd do South America for sure. You'll have a blast, the woman will be more fun to hang around with, you'll learn skills like dancing and the language and you'll be able to have a much better lifestyle for the same amount of money.

I'm a bit confused by your planned way of paying for this. Stock trading would require you to have substantial capital to make any sort of meaningful income.

think you just need to go visit those places you listed for at least a month and see how it's like, that's the only way you'll know you've made the right choice in investing your time.