rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Changing sleep patterns

Changing sleep patterns

I am starting to research how Trump is able to sleep so little but still have that much energy.

I found this list of different sleep patterns:
https://www.polyphasicsociety.com/polyph...overviews/

Does anyone have been able to change from the common one (Monophasic Sleep) to another?
How did you do it?

Changing sleep patterns

Interesting. I have tried unsuccessful to sleep for 4 - 5 hrs instead of the usual 8. I haven't used any specific pattern yet, so I will try the triphasic pattern in the link you posted.

Changing sleep patterns

My first two years of college were biphasic. It happened from staying up late then having to go to class in the morning. I ended up sleeping about 4-5 hours every night with a 1-2 hour nap in the afternoon after classes.

Just stay up late and set an early alarm so you only get 4-5 hours of sleep. You'll be tired during the day and naturally take a mid-afternoon nap. Then you'll feel refreshed and stay up later than normal. Rinse and repeat.

Changing sleep patterns

I've found that also setting a regular bedtime and sticking to it helps immensely in getting a regular sleep schedule.

I actually have three alarms set daily:

9:30pm Brush Teeth!
9:45pm In Bed!
(Takes about 15 mins to fall asleep)
10pm-6 I sleep, I need a solid 8 hours
6am I wake up

I do this even during weekends and it helps me maintain a great cycle.

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Changing sleep patterns

I used to do monophasic sleep : 8 hours straight. Then I read something about "parted sleep", it changed my views of sleeping forever. The analogy is "if you had to eat once for a whole day, don't you think you would eat more than 3 meals?", same with sleep.
The transition was hard, you'll feel pretty much tired all the time. But it's worth it. At the time, I was doing 20min nap after lunch, 20min nap when I get home and 5hours sleep (2 to 7 am). Now I adjust from day to day.
The keys for a good nap (i.e. around 20-30 min): do NOT lay down, use a black mask to shield from the light during the day and ear plugs to shield from the noise. Set your timer and you're all set.

Make men great again!

Changing sleep patterns

^
You take naps by sitting? Why?

Also how long did it take for the transition before not being tired all the time?

Changing sleep patterns

Quote: (12-17-2016 12:39 PM)James Bond Next level Wrote:  

I used to do monophasic sleep : 8 hours straight. Then I read something about "parted sleep", it changed my views of sleeping forever. The analogy is "if you had to eat once for a whole day, don't you think you would eat more than 3 meals?", same with sleep.

Were there any scientific facts in this study? I can justify everything I do with an analogy it doesn't make it better or right.

Quote:mistertruc Wrote:

I am starting to research how Trump is able to sleep so little but still have that much energy.

OP you are not reducing the number of hours you are sleeping. The idea is the same, if your body needs 8 hours of sleep in a monophasic sleep pattern you will still need 8 hours of sleep when doing a polyphasic sleep.

Changing sleep patterns

My sleeping patterns have been unusual since I reached middle adulthood. I can't remember when last I managed 8 hours of undisturbed sleep. Thanks to the link I realise I'm not suited to monophasic sleep. I tend to become sleepy between midday and 3pm daily. And I'm least productive after sunset.
So I've gathered that I need to reset somehow, although finding time for naps would be a challenge. I'll have to try a new method of sleep.

Edit- From experience I back what James bond said above, namely napping lying down caused me to not feel fresh after the nap. Sometimes I woke up feeling groggy. I think it's because of how the body functions when it's at rest horizontally, although I've never googled this.

Changing sleep patterns

Quote: (12-18-2016 07:53 PM)Nater Wrote:  

Quote: (12-17-2016 12:39 PM)James Bond Next level Wrote:  

Were there any scientific facts in this study? I can justify everything I do with an analogy it doesn't make it better or right.

I never talked about a study, just something I read. Let me just point out that in our natural state (think baby), we don't sleep for 8 hours straight, but do a lot of naps. The 8 hours sleep is merely a social construct to go with the cycle of the sun and our working habits (9-5).

Quote: (12-18-2016 08:35 PM)brick tamland Wrote:  

My sleeping patterns have been unusual since I reached middle adulthood. I can't remember when last I managed 8 hours of undisturbed sleep. Thanks to the link I realise I'm not suited to monophasic sleep. I tend to become sleepy between midday and 3pm daily. And I'm least productive after sunset.
So I've gathered that I need to reset somehow, although finding time for naps would be a challenge. I'll have to try a new method of sleep.

Edit- From experience I back what James bond said above, namely napping lying down caused me to not feel fresh after the nap. Sometimes I woke up feeling groggy. I think it's because of how the body functions when it's at rest horizontally, although I've never googled this.

It's normal, digestion take some of your internal energy, so you're always more sleepy after eating. About the lying down, it's actually an anchor (the PNL kind). Your body is programmed to go in deeper sleep (cycles of about 90min) when you do it whereas you want a quick nap (20-30 min) for a more conscious type of sleep. So you anchor it with something else : you're sit, have your mask and ear plugs.

I'm not pretending I have the magical solution. Like game, you should read more about it and try it for yourself, you'll find your own formula.

Make men great again!

Changing sleep patterns

This is actually really simple, cuz he bangs First Lady Melania

Changing sleep patterns

I fell into a polyphasic sleep pattern at some points in my academic life. It's difficult to get back into the 9-5, but you can be more productive when managing to catch 20-30 minutes every 3 or 4 hours. One of the big downsides is that it takes a physical toll on your body. If you aren't eating very clean it will wear you down. I imagine it wouldn't be good for building muscle either.

Changing sleep patterns

To play devil's advocate, depending on what your goals are, perhaps you should just prioritize sleep:

[Image: sleep-to-be-an-allstar_50290ef373f85.png?format=1500w]