rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Silly dating site rejected by Shark Tank still stumbling along

One of the sillest Match.com properties:

http://archive.is/XXybX

Quote:Quote:

Once we've met you in person, if we think you're a fit with our premium members, we'll match you for free.

So I get to sit down for an interview to see if I fit the bill for someone who paid for a membership to a site that sends someone else to interview me for them?

ok.

When Talia, our CEO, founded Three Day Rule, her mission was to create a much more enjoyable, stress-free dating experience for both men and women.

Nobody cares about the "male experience" of online dating. They could engineer an app that sent 10 thousand volt shocks through male user's fingers every time they fired off an opener and dudes would still line up to use it if there were hot chicks there.

We train every matchmaker to ensure they are positive, empowering, and personalized in their approach to finding you a committed relationship.

Spinster town!

Here's some other spinster's commentary:

http://archive.is/UmAON

The Short Version: When you can’t seem to find the right person after years on the dating scene, you might consider a matchmaking service to help deliver exactly what you’ve been looking for.

You might consider you're hopeless.

In high school, my friend Megan’s longest relationship was maybe a few months, which was pretty typical among our friends and for our age. None of us were all that picky about who we dated (as long as they were cool), and whenever we found ourselves in a relationship, we were focused on enjoying it to the fullest and breaking things off if it wasn’t making us happy. When I think about it now, I realize we just wanted to have fun and to laugh and to have someone find us interesting enough to talk to for hours at a time.

I see, I see, please continue...

Somehow, 10 years and several relationships later, we’re all approaching 30, and Megan now has many prerequisites for a potential mate as well as a list of what drives her crazy. Rather than helping her find Mr. Right, her list ends up eliminating potential matches based on aspects that don’t play as big a role in actual compatibility.

[Image: laugh4.gif]

No fooling?

Condensed list of things that "drive her crazy": players, hookups

As the Founder of the matchmaking service Three Day Rule, Talia said one of the biggest hurdles her company faces is helping clients see past the laundry list of little things they’re looking for in a mate. Her matchmakers instead look at three to four intangible attributes, such as outlook on life and shared sense of humor, to find clients the right fit.

Sadly, I doubt they'll ever listen. Are any of these chicks bringing anything to the table besides pussy along with their laundry list?

Well, I guess I'll just break it off when it isn't making me happy.

How about instead of rolling out these ever more convoluted concepts that solve nothing, somebody correctly diagnose the actual problems with online dating and fix them?

I get that much of the problem with online dating is inherent to the current state of the sexual market, but there are solvable issues with the online component itself. For example:

1. Your average girl receives such a massive barrage of shitty canned openers that even when a guy she might be into messages her, he gets buried like a needle in a haystack (not to mention that girls find the deluge of thirst off-putting and often quit because of it).
2. People don't take the dating apps seriously and treat other users like shit.
3. Snowflakes who have always been told how great they are have no idea why they can't find someone.

The solutions are pretty simple:

1. Limit users to contacting let's say 1 or 2 new people per day. Problem solved.
2. Require decent photos (at least one clear facial shot, at least one full body shot, no group shots, no pics of your dog, etc). Require at least some semblance of a profile written out. Ban users who are reported doing shitty things like ghosting before a scheduled date, or misrepresenting themselves.
3. Encourage users to give constructive feedback to people they reject; require giving such feedback to see feedback received. This would accomplish two things: A reality check for fatties, and causing super picky girls to contemplate whether their expectations are actually reasonable.

I'm not naive enough to believe these simple innovations would make online dating some sort of utopia, as you'd still have a shit ton of thirsty guys and a scarce supply of women. But they sure as hell would be an improvement over the current crop of dating platforms. If only I knew how to program an app.

I'm gonna go against the grain here and say this service works...for men. I have a friend who makes well into the 6 figures, he lives in Chicago. Dude found his high-value Russian wife (who lives in the US, works at a bank and is super traditional) using this particular service. Cost him $5K for the service though.

If you're a high roller/can't waste time on Tinder hoes and bar sluts and you're looking for that traditional wifey material, they could do a lot of the leg work for you. Look at it as a low-cost (if you make dough) way of easily filtering out women.

Just one data point though.

Not happening. - redbeard in regards to ETH flippening BTC

Quote: (12-15-2016 12:39 AM)XPQ22 Wrote:  

Sadly, I doubt they'll ever listen. Are any of these chicks bringing anything to the table besides pussy along with their laundry list?

The ones bringing anything to the table are already happily married and working on their 3rd kid.

Before the Internet and smart phones, wasn't this how many dating services worked? The service employees would try to match you up with people who seemed "compatible?"

As Genghis said, the service is quite expensive. I'm familiar with old style matchmaking businesses and they can run upwards of $20k for a year of service.

After reading all the bolded parts in the original post, I'm not sure if this article is serious or satire. You can't make this stuff up.

Somehow, 10 years and several relationships later, we’re all approaching 30

Hmmm, from a business strategy sounds like a goldmine. 10 years of recurring monthly billable revenue set to your credit card of choice? How could lose money?

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein