rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to Build a Website?

How to Build a Website?

What are some resources, books, info, etc. on how to start and make a successful website?

Hello.

How to Build a Website?

Come up with the website's visual design, layout, functions its going to perform and code it. Manage a database to your website and secure its data.

Now the part when succesful comes into game is the part where you manage to advertise your website enough that you start getting hits, and after that you advance to the next level, which is growing a steady fan-base. This are users that have grown accustomed to visit/use your website's services/etc.

By the way, is your avatar from Elfen Lied?

How to Build a Website?

Quote: (08-14-2011 05:41 PM)FretDancer Wrote:  

Yes, I'm surprised you noticed! I thought I was the only man on here that's seen that excellent series.

Hello.

How to Build a Website?

Quote: (08-14-2011 05:32 PM)blurb Wrote:  

What are some resources, books, info, etc. on how to start and make a successful website?

What do you mean specifically by "successful website". You have to define what you mean by that. Is successful a website that generates X amount in revenue? That brings you X amount of new clients a month? That serves a social networking purpose? That effectively communicates something? What does the website have to do for you in order to be successful?

Before you dive into the mechanics of building a site, you should have the information framework sketched out. Like defining what it is the site has to do for you, what sections/pages will be on it. What information(copy,multimedia,videos,photos,forms,pdfs,etc) will be on the pages. That's called creating a site scope. Then when all those things are clearly spelled out, you can then have it developed. First a graphic mockup based on your scope, then a web developer create the html, style sheets, backend script, database setup, etc. Then you will have to do a lot of testing across multiple browsers to make sure everything is consistent and this can a lot of trial and error.

Not sure if you're wanting to learn how to do this stuff yourself, but I think sitepoint.com has some good materials to get you started. Though if you aren't planning to make a career out of web development you're better off just hiring someone and saving yourself the time and trouble.

How to Build a Website?

Quote: (08-14-2011 06:08 PM)blurb Wrote:  

Quote: (08-14-2011 05:41 PM)FretDancer Wrote:  

Yes, I'm surprised you noticed! I thought I was the only man on here that's seen that excellent series.

Your previous was from Full Metal Alchemist.

[Image: sleepy.gif]

How to Build a Website?

Quote: (08-14-2011 05:32 PM)blurb Wrote:  

Go on Amazon and find the best rated books on Wordpress and blog marketing. Wordpress is simple for beginners to learn and they're themes you can get that do all the designing part for you.

How to Build a Website?

Makingmyfirstwebsite.info

Password: fiverr

How to Build a Website?

The easiest way to build a successful site is to use a platform that has all the tools you need. Before I got into sitebuilding, I researched... and researched... and researched some more. I decided to use this platform.

The reason is because I didn't have to learn html or any of that technical stuff. And I didn't have to hire anyone to help me. On top of that it costs only $300 for a year or a monthly option of $29.99.

I built 4 sites, and two of them will together bring in almost 5k this month. Not bad for a low investment and limited technical knowledge.

How to Build a Website?

Quote: (08-20-2011 07:33 PM)Tbone Wrote:  

The easiest way to build a successful site is to use a platform that has all the tools you need. Before I got into sitebuilding, I researched... and researched... and researched some more. I decided to use this platform.

The reason is because I didn't have to learn html or any of that technical stuff. And I didn't have to hire anyone to help me. On top of that it costs only $300 for a year or a monthly option of $29.99.

I built 4 sites, and two of them will together bring in almost 5k this month. Not bad for a low investment and limited technical knowledge.

Care to share your websites? It would be cool see what a successful website looks like.

How to Build a Website?

Here's my very first plain old, simple website. I started building it 5 years ago and I've barely touched it for over two years. It does anywhere from $1200 to $2000 on complete auto pilot.

http://www.steam-sauna-benefits.com/

How to Build a Website?

Quote: (08-21-2011 03:23 PM)Tbone Wrote:  

Here's my very first plain old, simple website. I started building it 5 years ago and I've barely touched it for over two years. It does anywhere from $1200 to $2000 on complete auto pilot.

http://www.steam-sauna-benefits.com/

I was just about to recommend SBI when I seen your post. Congratulations on your success online, I hope to get there in the not too distant future.

SBI is definitely the way to go - no other platform comes close in my opinion.

I've been building my site slowly part time with SBI for a year now and I've got around 65 pages up and things are happening slowly - I wouldn't mind picking your brains for an hour [Image: smile.gif]

How to Build a Website?

Quote: (08-22-2011 03:01 PM)merlin Wrote:  

I was just about to recommend SBI when I seen your post. Congratulations on your success online, I hope to get there in the not too distant future.

I've been building my site slowly part time with SBI for a year now and I've got around 65 pages up and things are happening slowly - I wouldn't mind picking your brains for an hour [Image: smile.gif]

You're right. Besides SBI, I know of no other way to build a site that has all the tools, training, and support that you need under one "roof" without having to purchase a bunch of additional stuff.

Merlin, keep at it. Add content, build links, rinse and repeat, eventually you'll get there. Make sure you follow the action guide, and refer to it often.

That's all I did. I made a bunch of mistakes, but I just kept chippin away at it.

How to Build a Website?

Quote: (08-22-2011 04:18 PM)Tbone Wrote:  

Quote: (08-22-2011 03:01 PM)merlin Wrote:  

You're right. Besides SBI, I know of no other way to build a site that has all the tools, training, and support that you need under one "roof" without having to purchase a bunch of additional stuff.

Merlin, keep at it. Add content, build links, rinse and repeat, eventually you'll get there. Make sure you follow the action guide, and refer to it often.

That's all I did. I made a bunch of mistakes, but I just kept chippin away at it.

Yeah, I'm busy rewriting a couple of sections due to mistakes with keywords but I'm getting there. I dont mind adding the content its link building that pisses me off.

I have just started to address it lately and instead of doing the work myself I've bought SBI's link building program to kickstart it. I haven't looked at the action guide for a while as I'm just concentrating on adding content - I think I'll go through it again and yes I won't stop chipping til I get there.

Cheers

How to Build a Website?

The easiest way to build a successful site is to use a platform that has all the tools you need. Before I got into sitebuilding, I researched... and researched... and researched some more. I decided to AFFILIATE LINK.

Your post would have a lot more credibility if you didn't include an affiliate link.

And $300 a year? For a closed platform? LOL. Yeah. OK.

How to Build a Website?

Quote: (08-23-2011 08:19 AM)ManAbout Wrote:  

The easiest way to build a successful site is to use a platform that has all the tools you need. Before I got into sitebuilding, I researched... and researched... and researched some more. I decided to AFFILIATE LINK.

Your post would have a lot more credibility if you didn't include an affiliate link.

And $300 a year? For a closed platform? LOL. Yeah. OK.

Guys you can click on my affiliate link and check out Sitesell or take a pass and go directly to google and do some research about it. If you do your own thorough research as I did, you'll find that sitesell has a great reputation.

Buy into it from my link, buy into it from somewhere else. Or don't buy it at all. I don't give a damn. My bread and butter comes from adsense and dating site sales.

An alternative that you can research is WealthyAffiliateUniversity. I have no experience with it, but that training was recommended by one of the most ethical marketers on the internet.

Whatever you guys do, don't fall for the "get rich quick" stuff that's out there. I bought my share of it in the past, and I wasted lots of precious time.

How to Build a Website?

Quote: (08-23-2011 08:54 AM)Tbone Wrote:  

Buy into it from my link, buy into it from somewhere else. Or don't buy it at all.

Wordpress + Premium Themes + Plugins + Google Adwords Keyword Tool >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sitesell crap

How to Build a Website?

Quote: (08-23-2011 10:08 AM)ManAbout Wrote:  

Wordpress + Premium Themes + Plugins + Google Adwords Keyword Tool

That's all I needed? I guess I wasted a bunch of time learning from sitesell...

- how to choose a profitable and winnable niche,
- the dozens of ways you can monetize a site,
- how to choose good keywords,
- how to structure a website properly, and most importantly...
- how to actually get traffic to make money.

What was I thinking. [Image: huh.gif]

How to Build a Website?

Quote: (08-23-2011 10:44 AM)Tbone Wrote:  

Yeah like anybody is really going give away their niches.

Quote:Quote:

the dozens of ways you can monetize a site,
how to choose good keywords,

Plenty of free online resources to get that information.

http://www.warriorforum.com/

How to Build a Website?

Quote: (08-23-2011 11:34 AM)ManAbout Wrote:  

Quote: (08-23-2011 10:44 AM)Tbone Wrote:  

Yeah like anybody is really going give away their niches.

Quote:Quote:

the dozens of ways you can monetize a site,
how to choose good keywords,

Plenty of free online resources to get that information.

http://www.warriorforum.com/

I have to say I'm surprised by your reaction. Making money online always seemed abit mystical to me and subscribing to SBI for 5 GBP a week was the best thing I have ever done.

I now 'know' what to do and its only a matter of time before I start making a decent living passively. And this is just my first site.

I've also been a 'private forum member' of the warriorforum for a couple of years and there is no comparison. The WF is a jumbled mess whereas SBI is structured learning for the cost of a coffee and a cake from starbucks.

SBI teaches you everything about online marketing while building your business. So the beauty of this is that after learning the process you can build more money making sites.

IMO the bottom line is this - if youre a newbie or you don't quite get how it all goes together there is no better platform to use than SBI. Its not how to build a website its how to build a moneymaking online business all under one umbrella.

No affiliate links there.

How to Build a Website?

I'm thinking of purchasing SBI (Solo Build It) based on the glowing recommendations from users. Anyone have experience with it? Worth it?

I have zero knowledge of website building but I have a good idea of the content I want to provide.

How to Build a Website?

Quote: (02-24-2019 10:23 PM)TigerMandingo Wrote:  

I'm thinking of purchasing SBI (Solo Build It) based on the glowing recommendations from users. Anyone have experience with it? Worth it?

I have zero knowledge of website building but I have a good idea of the content I want to provide.

I'm always leary of "Business Builders" or whatever they want to market it as.

Easiest solution is Wordpress with a good template. Check out Thrive templates if you want something more marketing wise. I believe it also has a blog template.

For more DIY, I would recommend Pinegrow. This is what I use and love it. It's what Dreamweaver should have been. The developers are constantly releasing updates and new functionality.