rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Things I will never wear thread

So I'm out, just doing some random banking and shopping, and I can't help by notice that the douchebaggery, hipsteronomy and broheiming has reached critical mass.

Anyways, adding insult to injury, these guys almost always have girls (I've noticed the girls are always the same type; trashy bleach-dyed blondes in the 6-7 range but never higher) when they look like this;

[Image: douche_bag.jpg]

Anyways, it got me thinking. I do pretty well without broing or douching it up, but these assholes wear shit that I wouldn't even own, let alone wear, starting with:

Crocs: Every time I see someone in crocs, I think and sometimes say 'How lazy are you? You look like a total asshole.'

Girl Jeans: More hipster turf, but I mean goddamn! If it's made for women, guys shouldn't wear it (I'm also 22" around the thigh and with a 33.5" inseam; they don't make girl jeans in that size, and if they do it's not for a girl I want to meet). I don't mind rocking tight jeans here and there, but not those weak cigarette-legged jeans that are made for women.

Anything with glitter on it: Glitter is for girls and arts & crafts hour at pre-school.

Sunglasses that aren't Aviators: I don't wear Oakleys because they're sporty and I don't try to look sporty when I'm not sporting.

Jerseys: Again, I'll wear a jersey when I'm playing some type of organized sport. When I'm not, I will not.

Sandals: Double foul if worn with socks.

Plaid Shorts: Exception: If it's hot and I'm on the golf course.

Trucker Hats: I don't even wear hats, let alone trucker hats.

Cowboy Hats: I don't wrangle cattle, I hunt gazelles. I don't need a cowboy hat to do my job.

Gold Watches: When I can afford a legitimate, expensive gold watch (such as...) I'll get one. Until then, the cheap knockoffs look tacky and lame.

Excess Jewels: First, most of these hipsters and douchebags jewels are fake, and second, I'm not trying to draw attention to myself...well okay I am, but attention that's like 'He looks interesting...', not 'We're gonna rob that guy as soon as he leaves.'

Anyways, that's just a summary of things I won't wear. I'm not G Manifesto flush (so I'm not custom suited always), but when I go out I try to maintain some level of dignity; a dark shirt of a solid color, nice jeans, loafers (or boots), minimal jewels (minimal as in a watch).

What kind of stuff is on your guys no-wear list?

Of your list the only def no no's are

Jerseys - only wear these to games or when playing a sport.

Sandals - BIG NO NO

Crocs - any guy wearing these needs to get shot

Cowboy hats - only wear these to country concerts

Questionable iteams are

Plaid Shorts - i have seen a few cool ones but most of the time NO

Gold Watches - def out of style

Girl Jeans - def skin tight is a no go. But slim and skinny fit is fine, so long as you have the proper shoes (boots or some other hightops) for them.

Nothing wrong with

Non Aviator Shades - yea some look retarded but it depends on ur face and look.

Trucker Hats - nothing wrong with these if worn properly

Flashy / Glittery Shirts - Here again nothing outrageous. Some flashly colors and designs with embroidered stickwork and some glitz and glamour can work. Gotta use rational and know how to make it work or fit with the overal image.

[Image: Boombox2.jpg]

[Image: man-heels-fashion-1.jpg]

Quote: (08-14-2011 03:11 PM)Nonpareil Wrote:  

So I'm out, just doing some random banking and shopping, and I can't help by notice that the douchebaggery, hipsteronomy and broheiming has reached critical mass.

Anyways, adding insult to injury, these guys almost always have girls (I've noticed the girls are always the same type; trashy bleach-dyed blondes in the 6-7 range but never higher) when they look like this;

[Image: douche_bag.jpg]

http://hotchickswithdouchebags.com/

I feel your pain with the hipster crap. I live in Austin, it's awful, google 'austin style watch' for an idea. The city was awesome about 10 years ago with legit hippies and a nice mix of cultures. Now everyone from California moved here and jumped on the hip bandwagon and literally makes the city look like a bunch of clowns. Even the girls shop exclusively at trendy thrift stores. It is almost like all the crap people give to thrift stores gets sent here and recycled.

So in keeping in line with my rant, I will not wear the following:

Welders caps;
Jeans with one leg cut out so my bike chain doesn't mess it up;
anything a local bum would be seen sporting;
or anything older than I am.

Other than that I'm pretty open, but tend to go very minimal with jeans and a darker t-shirt.

Quote: (08-14-2011 10:57 PM)Pilate Wrote:  

I feel your pain with the hipster crap. I live in Austin, it's awful, google 'austin style watch' for an idea. The city was awesome about 10 years ago with legit hippies and a nice mix of cultures. Now everyone from California moved here and jumped on the hip bandwagon and literally makes the city look like a bunch of clowns. Even the girls shop exclusively at trendy thrift stores. It is almost like all the crap people give to thrift stores gets sent here and recycled.

So in keeping in line with my rant, I will not wear the following:

Welders caps;
Jeans with one leg cut out so my bike chain doesn't mess it up;
anything a local bum would be seen sporting;
or anything older than I am.

Other than that I'm pretty open, but tend to go very minimal with jeans and a darker t-shirt.
That's hilarious. I've heard nothing but bad things about Austin for the past few years.

How about: "What do you wear that no one else does?"

Cardigans
Penny Loafers, sockless
Patterned watchbands
Brightly colored trousers
Pocket squares
Bomber, collar popped
Cricket/Tennis sweaters occasionally
Gingham & Seersucker

(not all at once)

[attachment=2709]

Quote: (08-15-2011 01:04 AM)basilransom Wrote:  

Cardigans
Penny Loafers, sockless
Patterned watchbands
Pocket squares
Bomber, collar popped
Gingham & Seersucker

(not all at once)

I wear everything you listed.

Two things that I just cant bring myself to wear is a cardigan or shorts with patterns.

My list:

Fag flops
sandals
jewlery
dockers
cargo shorts

anything that clips on (cell holder)
belts
cowboy boots
Tommy Hilfiger
beaters
underwear (ditched 20 years ago)
pants (unless below 50 degrees)
Any shirt with clothes company on it (CK or Polo or any name brand)
Basketball shorts
concert t shirts
[attachment=2710]
This is how I dress. Remember that it is balls hot here. I watched people melt down on Clearwater beach patios all day Sunday. Eating Bread, Drinking beer and sweating like pigs= No Play

Nothing wrong with non-aviator shades.

Cowboy hats are fun in the bedroom, especially when you get your chick to wear it riding you (start taking pictures). Agree with most of the rest of the list.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Every time I travel to America, I've noticed some outlandish shyt so to be honest, I've given up judgement. People just have different swag and are able to pull off different things.
The same way a sports jersey won't have maximal impact everywhere is the same way a custom suit won't have maximal impact everywhere.

I think skinny low hanging jeans are straight homo. I never liked the super saggy baggy jeans back in the days either. However, there were people who wore them who got nothing but pure ass..so hey if it works..right?

I also think wearing trainers (canvas shoes/tennis shoes) with a suit or a suit blazer is straight wack.

I think durags with the cape bit sticking out looks suspect.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

IMO, the chief advantage of great style is there's less need to prove you're cool and interesting. With a good, compatible style, the girl is already tipped in that direction, she just needs a little confirmation via conversation.

Quote: (08-15-2011 08:56 AM)jariel Wrote:  

Quote: (08-15-2011 01:04 AM)basilransom Wrote:  

Cardigans
Penny Loafers, sockless
Patterned watchbands
Pocket squares
Bomber, collar popped
Gingham & Seersucker

(not all at once)

I wear everything you listed.

There's lots of cool stuff that almost no one wears, because it requires a little nerve. If you wear it right, you'll get kudos for it. That's what I was getting at. What else do you have along those lines?

I *don't* wear:
crew neck sweaters
shirts with lettering
sneakers generally
jersey shorts
flip flops
cargo anything
American Jackass striped shirts
Denim jackets
Anything by Perry Ellis or Kenneth Cole
Rubber-soled dress shoes
baseball caps
sweat- anything
track suits
sportwear except at the gym

I wear mono track suits / gym clothing to my office/warehouse job (often spend time pulling orders or unloading trucks). Adidas Originals or higher end UA. Typically go straight to the gym with you changing each day at 5 pm [Image: smile.gif]

I think geographic location should play in to what people wear, also. Living in a college town is tough. It's either hipster chic or frat boy pathetic.

I am really struggling with the typical douche bag dj look. graphic t, backwards flatbill... I am not sold on my dj uniform yet, I am still bouncing around ideas. I had a girl tell me I didn't look like a college guy or dj, but rather an intelligent man... I want to get some nice clothes to DJ in, but I am afraid they will get messed up in the nasty bars.. you should see what happens to even dark colored converse. I would be fearful of some G gucci loafers.

I will never wear:
any glasses/shades that are not rayban
jewelry/watches
any shorts other than my work uniform
douchey graphic t's
anything preppy/frat boy
anything overtly hipster (skinny jeans)

I won't wear scarves. A lot of guys cutely tie scarves around their necks. Looks too feminine to me...that's not how I roll.

I realize many think it's a stylish accessory. Just too soft looking for me.

Also, I hate everything Banana Republic, Gap, etc.

Seems like every style/type of clothing has officially been ruled out.

I'm generally a fan of nice traditional men's wear but the trend towards rolled up slacks / sockless shoe combo is straight up gay imo.

i will never wear:

sweater vests
jeans and anything but t-shirt/ sweatshirt
affliction t-shirts(haha for fags)
khaki's
polo's t-shirt
kilts
whity tighties
parachutes
condoms

i will wear:
dark green cargo pants and off color t-shirt(no logos)
uniforms(work)
boots, blue jeans, long sleeve t
athletic shorts when i dont give a fuck/ work out
parachutes
condoms

Alpha on accident

Seems were all diverse here, though I am legitimately only anti-douchebag and bro. I rock some slight hipster style (like when I go to concerts or visit my old roommates), but I don't let it get too far.

Anyways, what I do wear:

Band tees (Why people be hatin'? I don't have many mainstream ones [ie no Beatles, but that's more because I don't like the Beatles...I have a few Stones ones]. Many times I've had girls indirectly open me by saying 'oh, I like your shirt!' or 'Did you see them last time when they were in town?' in a band tee.)

Jeans (Blue, black, brown, green and white)

Corduroy

Sweater Vests

Plaid

Flannel

Leather Jackets

Bomber Jackets

Blazers

Peacoats

Floor-Length Coats

Suits (Grey, creme and dark blue, 2-3 button)

French Cuffs

Skinny ties

Workboots

Combat Boots

Tennis Shoes

Loafers

Black Leather Gloves (Straight gangsta)

what's the point of talking trash about other guys who don't care about your opinion ?

I don't believe no one mentioned...

[Image: fedora_felt_hat.jpeg]

Anything that even comes close to looking like this....

[Image: wholesale_affliction_tshirts_on_wwwnike4cheapcom.jpg]

Crocs
Ugg boots
Mc Hammer pants
boyfriend jeans
sweat shirts/pants outside the gym
flat shoes (flip flop looking) to night party
bags 3x bigger than my arm
too much make up and perfume making me looking like a clown. (jersey style)

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

I probably won't be wearing overalls ever again.