rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Apt prices in Rio

Apt prices in Rio

If anyone stayed in a temporada in Rio. How much did you pay per month?

Apt prices in Rio

two bedroom arnd 1500 to 2000 usd for one bedroom about 1200usd

Apt prices in Rio

Apartments are pricier than I thought they'd be. What's a good site to find and book them?

Any recommended areas? I was thinking of looking for one in Ipanema, but I guess you won't find anything cheap there.

Apt prices in Rio

I found someone (American) that rented an apt in Copacobana near Leme for R$1400 for a studio. That's a local price from a landlord. Keep in mind that's not the Ipanema side, but the other side, so the area could be questionable.

I'd just recommend going there, staying a hostel and them finding something.

I found something in Barra (will be doing BJJ there anyway).

Apt prices in Rio

Check out the site easyquarto.com.br. I got both of my apartments this way, met some friendly people and ended up staying in the best parts of Rio and São Paulo (Leblon and Itaim) at half the price I would've paid from those touristy sites on the net. If you post an add a month or two ahead of time, you can get lucky with some good deals.

Apt prices in Rio

Damn, these prices sound way too high. My friend was living in a one bedroom by posto 3 in Copa for $400 a month 3 years ago. I'm sure prices have gone up since then, but not by that much. I guess it just depends where you're looking and how long you're staying.

Apt prices in Rio

Quote: (03-06-2009 06:06 PM)fbx258 Wrote:  

two bedroom arnd 1500 to 2000 usd for one bedroom about 1200usd

Those are almost LA prices[Image: banana.gif] damn!!!

Apt prices in Rio

My Ipanema rental will be $2300 for the month. It's a 2br and aesthetically pleasing. I'm OK with dishing the extra cash for crazy good location and quality.

Apt prices in Rio

Rio is rough. Apparently its the most expensive city in the world now.

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

Apt prices in Rio

Right now, IIRC, the prices are crazy because of the Pope`s visit and the Futbol cup/Olimpics.

"What is important is to try to develop insights and wisdom rather than mere knowledge, respect someone's character rather than his learning, and nurture men of character rather than mere talents." - Inazo Nitobe

When i´m feeling blue, when i just need something to shock me up, i look at this thread and everything get better!

Letters from the battlefront: Argentina

Apt prices in Rio

Quote: (06-10-2013 06:33 PM)MaleDefined Wrote:  

My Ipanema rental will be $2300 for the month. It's a 2br and aesthetically pleasing. I'm OK with dishing the extra cash for crazy good location and quality.

This is a good deal. I guess that your 2br is rather small. Price in Ipanema is between 80 RS and 100 RS per square meter per month.

Viva Real is the best site to find apartments. Some 90 pages for Rio ("Para alugar" -> "Apartamento" -> "Rio")

Quote: (06-10-2013 06:26 PM)AlbertoDelMuerto Wrote:  

More expensive. It is Paris price, which is insane for such a shithole.

Quote: (03-06-2009 08:10 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Any recommended areas? I was thinking of looking for one in Ipanema, but I guess you won't find anything cheap there.

Gavea (East of Lagoa) is a bit cheaper, and as chic and enjoyable. It's a affluent bairro, but a bit arsty, famous for its high concentration of artists and intellectuals. You could also check Humaita, an enjoyable middle-class bairro between Jardim Botanico and Botafogo. Botafogo is also a nice neighborhood for that matter, it's where I used to stay in Rio.

Viva Real is the best for long-term rentals, for shorter periods you can also check Alugue Temporada.

Quote: (06-11-2013 11:05 AM)DVY Wrote:  

Rio and Sao Paulo are the most expensive cities in the Americas:

http://www.romandie.com/news/pdf/PDF_Etu...120906.pdf

Apt prices in Rio

@Prosal- thanks. Stand corrected. I don't know where I heard that or maybe it was referencing after Rio has olympics.

If anything, I see the top 10 list of most expensive cities and think to myself, eff that. Ill go when Im older.

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

Apt prices in Rio

Most expensive city in the world rio? Try zürich, tokyo, or oslo. As a matter of fact I've read that caracas is more expensive than rio and sao paulo, according to the business insider.

Apt prices in Rio

Try Craigslist. I got two hits the day of out of ten. Great locations and cheap. Cant remember the price but I was down to get it if I was going to make that long term stay and I thought Rio was expensive. I might still have the replies on my gmail if anyone is interested. These replies were in Feb.

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

Apt prices in Rio

Quote: (06-11-2013 12:35 PM)Prosal Wrote:  

Viva Real is the best site to find apartments. Some 90 pages for Rio ("Para alugar" -> "Apartamento" -> "Rio")

Out of curiosity, what are your opinions about Viva Real with regards to "furnished" apartments in other cities like Curitiba, Porto Alegre, or Belo Horizonte?

I'm finding more hits on furnished places on Easy Quarto, but the selections on Viva Real are coming off as more unfurnished. Great thx!

Apt prices in Rio

Quote: (06-11-2013 12:35 PM)Prosal Wrote:  

Quote: (06-10-2013 06:33 PM)MaleDefined Wrote:  

This is a good deal. I guess that your 2br is rather small. Price in Ipanema is between 80 RS and 100 RS per square meter per month.

Quote: (06-10-2013 06:26 PM)AlbertoDelMuerto Wrote:  

More expensive. It is Paris price, which is insane for such a shithole.

Quote: (03-06-2009 08:10 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Gavea (East of Lagoa) is a bit cheaper, and as chic and enjoyable. It's a affluent bairro, but a bit arsty, famous for its high concentration of artists and intellectuals. You could also check Humaita, an enjoyable middle-class bairro between Jardim Botanico and Botafogo. Botafogo is also a nice neighborhood for that matter, it's where I used to stay in Rio.

Viva Real is the best for long-term rentals, for shorter periods you can also check Alugue Temporada.

Quote: (06-11-2013 11:05 AM)DVY Wrote:  

Rio and Sao Paulo are the most expensive cities in the Americas:

http://www.romandie.com/news/pdf/PDF_Etu...120906.pdf

Better than Moscow, I checked prices in Russian, 3/2hrs away from the center, still 900-1000usd/month for a single room.

Apt prices in Rio

how much the average white collar salary man makes there?
probably less than $2k a month.....so who can afford those housings? foreign employees working for international companies?

Apt prices in Rio

Quote: (06-14-2013 06:46 PM)avantgarde Wrote:  

Better than Moscow, I checked prices in Russian, 3/2hrs away from the center, still 900-1000usd/month for a single room.

I've read somewhere recently that the cheapest apartment sold in 2012 in Moscow was a 22 square meters studio, located near the MKDA (the biggest beltway around the city) at metro station Skhodnenskaïa (end of the n°7 ligne - ie somewhere you DON'T want to live) at a price of 3, 5 millions rubles, which is about 86 000 €, so about 4 000 € per square meter.

Apt prices in Rio

Quote: (06-14-2013 10:16 PM)Sebastian Wrote:  

probably less than $2k a month.....so who can afford those housings? foreign employees ?

No, it's brasilian people. There is very few foreign employees living in Rio. Expats working for international companies live where their companies have manufacturing complexes i.e most often Parana and Sao Paulo states.

I seriously don't know how most brasilian people manage a such expensive cost of living. And it's not just real estate, EVERYTHING is expensive. Last time I was in Sao Paulo - last year- I paid a movie ticket 30RS (14us$). And everything is in accordance with. To have a good lifestyle in Rio or SP, you spend just as much as you do in the most expensive european cities - and much more than you do in most american cities.

I understand that Brasil is an emerged (and not emerging) country where many people are outrageously wealthy, but I REALLY don't understand how the middle class (and I'm not even talking about the lower-middle class) can afford such high costs of living.

[Image: huh.gif]

Apt prices in Rio

Quote: (06-15-2013 02:54 AM)Prosal Wrote:  

Quote: (06-14-2013 10:16 PM)Sebastian Wrote:  

probably less than $2k a month.....so who can afford those housings? foreign employees ?

No, it's brasilian people. There is very few foreign employees living in Rio. Expats working for international companies live where their companies have manufacturing complexes i.e most often Parana and Sao Paulo states.

I seriously don't know how most brasilian people manage a such expensive cost of living. And it's not just real estate, EVERYTHING is expensive. Last time I was in Sao Paulo - last year- I paid a movie ticket 30RS (14us$). And everything is in accordance with. To have a good lifestyle in Rio or SP, you spend just as much as you do in the most expensive european cities - and much more than you do in most american cities.

I understand that Brasil is an emerged (and not emerging) country where many people are outrageously wealthy, but I REALLY don't understand how the middle class (and I'm not even talking about the lower-middle class) can afford such high costs of living.

[Image: huh.gif]

I've often wondered the same about average Brazilians. I guess that's why you have so many favelas. The people with Western-level incomes are the ones paying to get into nice clubs and for $14 movie tickets. Everyone else just squats in a shanty town. At this point, I think I'd rather go to Argentina. Way more for your money there. Extended trips in Brazil are cost prohibitive. And I still do think Brazil is a developing country. There's a shit ton of poverty there. It's not even close to being at Western level of affluence and wealth distribution.

Apt prices in Rio

Quote: (06-15-2013 02:26 AM)Prosal Wrote:  

I've read somewhere recently that the cheapest apartment sold in 2012 in Moscow was a 22 square meters studio, located near the MKDA (the biggest beltway around the city) at metro station Skhodnenskaïa (end of the n°7 ligne - ie somewhere you DON'T want to live) at a price of 3, 5 millions rubles, which is about 86 000 €, so about 4 000 € per square meter.

Well, that is Moscow. Ha, in Lviv, u can get a small one-bedroom for 60,000usd in the center that is less than the cheapest apartment in Moscow.

Apt prices in Rio

Quote: (06-15-2013 08:57 PM)avantgarde Wrote:  

Quote: (06-15-2013 02:26 AM)Prosal Wrote:  

Well, that is Moscow. Ha, in Lviv, u can get a small one-bedroom for 60,000usd in the center that is less than the cheapest apartment in Moscow.

Good deal..but if you're going to buy in Lviv..might as well purchase a 2-3 bedroom [Image: smile.gif]

Apt prices in Rio

Some of you guys are making brazil sound more expensive than it is. Grant it I haven't been in 3 years, but I remember food being quite cheaper than the states, especially for the quality. The only things I do remember being more expensive than the states were clothes, electronics, and pretty much most things you'd go to the mall to buy.

Apt prices in Rio

Quote: (06-16-2013 01:02 AM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

Some of you guys are making brazil sound more expensive than it is. Grant it I haven't been in 3 years, but I remember food being quite cheaper than the states, especially for the quality. The only things I do remember being more expensive than the states were clothes, electronics, and pretty much most things you'd go to the mall to buy.

Depends. Ethnic food can be quite expensive. Not that I would try Mexican food in Brazil, but one taco will cost 8 Reais/4 USD in Belo Horizonte if craving it. I also remember paying 60 Reais/30 USD for Pad Thai and a bottled water in Floripa back December 2011.

The pay per kilo type cafeterias in shopping malls like Patio Savassi or Diamond Shopping in BH are also quite expensive...20-30 Reais for a light plate...but if you go to the blue collar shopping areas in Centro of the city or a small outdoor patio..then it'll be 10 Reais for a larger plate of food.

The unmarried lower-upper middle class professionals who can however afford the high prices practically live at home with their parents so therefore have some disposable income to blow on overly-inflated entertainment down there. Having spent 4 very enjoyable days in Belo Horizonte last week...I gotta say the city is probably more expensive than say Madrid or Vienna now with regards to going out for entertainment.

Apt prices in Rio

Yeah but then again I paid R$30 for a rodisio and the food was great. For the equivelant in the states its over $50 plus the meat probably isn't as good. I would go to a per kilo spot in vitoria and get bomb ass picanha, arroz, feijao, salad, and queijo with a drink for R$12-15, and it was a full ass plate. In floripa I went to all sorts of all you can eat spots for R$9-12. I was with locals the whole time, you just have to know where to go. I never even saw mexican food in brazik, but its probably expensive because its hard to fine some of the stuff. I never even saw tortillas there.