rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Silicon Valley increasingly using AI and algorithms to screen "offensive" content

Silicon Valley increasingly using AI and algorithms to screen "offensive" content

Facebook developing artificial intelligence to flag offensive live videos

Quote:Quote:

Facebook Inc is working on automatically flagging offensive material in live video streams, building on a growing effort to use artificial intelligence to monitor content, said Joaquin Candela, the company’s director of applied machine learning.

The social media company has been embroiled in a number of content moderation controversies this year, from facing international outcry after removing an iconic Vietnam War photo due to nudity, to allowing the spread of fake news on its site.

Facebook has historically relied mostly on users to report offensive posts, which are then checked by Facebook employees against company "community standards." Decisions on especially thorny content issues that might require policy changes are made by top executives at the company.

Candela told reporters that Facebook increasingly was using artificial intelligence to find offensive material. It is “an algorithm that detects nudity, violence, or any of the things that are not according to our policies,” he said. The company already had been working on using automation to flag extremist video content, as Reuters reported in June.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/facebook-deve...nance.html

Google Tweaking Top Stories Algorithm To Filter Out Fake News?

It looks like Google is or has worked on tweaking the top stories algorithm to filter out fake news sites, or rather, promote higher quality news sites from showing in that box. This is around Google's efforts to not show fake news including banning some AdSense publishers.

The BBC reported earlier this month, an interview with Google's CEO Sundar Pichai who said "there should just be no situation in which fake news gets distributed." In fact, he added that Google would "make our algorithms better," to make sure to "drive news towards more trusted sources."

https://www.seroundtable.com/google-top-...23053.html

And then once their computers identified "offensive" or "fake" content (e.g. ROK, Breitbart, Alex Jones, etc), they try to starve them of advertising money...

Facebook and Google promise to cut off fake news websites from advertising

Facebook and Google have pledged to ban websites that peddle fake news from their advertising services after the world’s two most popular websites were accused of spreading false and incendiary articles about the US presidential election.

Facebook, which has faced a storm of criticism in the last week over its role in Donald Trump’s victory, added fake news websites to its list of banned adverts, which also prohibits ads for guns, gambling and spy cameras, on Monday night.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2...-algorithm

Even worse is that the way they "teach" the AI to know what is bad content is by feeding it "safe" sites like the NY Times...

Jigsaw, a subsidiary of parent company Alphabet is certainly trying, building open-source AI tools designed to filter out abusive language. A new feature from Wired describes how the software has been trained on some 17 million comments left underneath New York Times stories, along with 13,000 discussions on Wikipedia pages. This data is labeled and then fed into the software — called Conversation AI — which begins to learn what bad comments look like.

According to the report, Google says Conversation AI can identify abuse with "more than 92 percent certainty and a 10 percent false-positive rate" when compared to the judgements of a human panel.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/9/21/129987...ls-to-spot

The future will be AI computers using corporate media as the gold standard, and anything that doesn't adhere to that narrative will be removed from Google/Facebook and starved for cash. This is a clear escalation of their effort to maintain the status quo.

So, when you go on amazon or ebay or whatever, you look on the sidebar and the site says other items you maybe interested in.

How long (if not already) will the cops have a side bar with other people you may want to arrest/investigate?

Their stocks are taking a beating and a half lately, I think there's definitely room for interrupters and new platforms.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine_learning

This tech has been around for a long time. I think they haven't implemented it yet because they would lose credibility. This sounds of desperation or they feel competitors wont get a leg up and they can put a hammer on their genre.

The real problem is those very same asshole companies practicing censorship also mine your personal data to serve ads. Most internet traffic passes through servers owned by Google, Facebook, and Amazon. Netflix? They use EC2 (the last time i heard about it). In some ways you need to reinvent a new internet or the monopoly needs to be broken up.

SJW always double down.

Their grip on the status quo is slipping due to the bypass of legacy media and their narrative is disconnected from reality. Their "AIs" are going are going to fine tune to events that only reported from the corridors of NYC-Chicago-LA by sweatshop labor of journalism graduates. They are creating their own' matrix' for themselves.

This is a worrisome development and it illustrates the need for us to develop alternative technology platforms. Most of us found the game via google search, reddit thread, 4chan post etc. All those places have been cucked and they all look eager to purge our content. I don;t doubt that we could turn facebook into myspace by building up whatever network comes next. We are the coolest of the guys after all, and they all want to be around us.

Most people aren't seeing those google ads with adblockers anyways, I doubt a website could even cover hosting costs running adsense in this day and age.

Quote: (12-01-2016 11:57 PM)HectorLavoe Wrote:  

Most people aren't seeing those google ads with adblockers anyways, I doubt a website could even cover hosting costs running adsense in this day and age.

The problem isn't the ads its the tracking. Blockers dont block all of the tracking especially if, for instance, you wish to support a website you like. If you have a youtube account or execute a google search, as an example, you are tracked.

Think of the largest data set outside of what the US Government has of everyone in the world. Google/Amazon/Facebook/other? can query your IP address, email, or login and using machine learning determine your profile...can guess your gender, occupation, whether you are married, maybe where you lived in the last 20 years. Chances are your data is being sold to another provider to see if they can gain access to you.

https://www.privacytools.io/

This is a start.

Facebook has a new "feature" that will force mainstream news into your news feed after making backroom deals:

Facebook is working on a new feature that will showcase lists of curated content from publishers directly in the News Feed, according to two people familiar with the project and internal documentation seen by Business Insider.

The feature is called Collections and functions similarly to Snapchat's Discover section, which showcases news stories, listicles, videos, and other content submitted by handpicked media partners.

Facebook has approached media and entertainment companies in recent weeks to create content for Collections, but has not given a time frame for when the feature will be made available.

http://businessinsider.com/international...nsider_com

Quote: (12-01-2016 10:19 PM)TheFinalEpic Wrote:  

Their stocks are taking a beating and a half lately, I think there's definitely room for interrupters and new platforms.

I'm interested to see if that stock has topped out (only time will tell). I'm no stock guru, but my gut tells me yes.

"Action still preserves for us a hope that we may stand erect." - Thucydides (from History of the Peloponnesian War)

This is a definite trend and it won't be just Facebook either. That term "fake news" is one we are going to hear more and more of.

Obama mentioned it in a recent interview:

“The answer is obviously not censorship, but in creating places where we can say that the information is reliable. There has to be some sort of way we can sort through information that passes some sort of truthiness test.”

Reading between the lines, I would guess that sites such as Breitbart and ROK are the targets of this "curation". Having just lost the presidency and the narrative, the establishment are now in panic mode.

Net neutrality has always been in a delicate balance, but the threats to it are now graver than ever. Hopefully Trump will be smart enough to oppose these despicable moves to reduce liberty and freedom of speech.

PM me for accommodation options in Bangkok.

Reading between the lines, I would guess that sites such as Breitbart and ROK are the targets of this "curation".

ROK has already been banned by every major banner ad network for being "offensive." When you define what is offensive or fake, you can control all information that you don't like.

I'm trying hard to start something that will kill this.
OUR media. A counter culture.

It's very hard to get buy in though. How hard do I have to work? Do I become Gary Vaynerchuk?

The demoralization runs deep.

Quote: (12-03-2016 07:25 AM)Sooth Wrote:  

It's very hard to get buy in though. How hard do I have to work? Do I become Gary Vaynerchuk?

Our media i.e. the manosphere is good but every site is a separate silo unlike social media like Reddit where you can easily hop between communities. We need the benefits of social media (a huge audience) whilst avoiding the downsides (censorship).

Luckily the ideal platforms already exist. It's just a case of promoting them now really.

New P2P social networks like Steemit offer additional features that are simply impossible for Facebook to match - microtransactions for content you like, getting paid for creating or curating content, uncensorability and more.

Since all mainstream social media (old social media?) is cucked, better to focus on the new ones. They strike a perfect balance - like all social media platforms there's access to a wider audience than just ROK readers, yet they're able to combat the censorship which is rampant on most social media platforms nowadays.

Quote: (12-03-2016 07:25 AM)Sooth Wrote:  

I think the answer is in Roosh's post.

We have lots of content creators already. (Obviously more is better) But if more and more big advertisers opt-out then there needs to be replacements for them. Create an ad agency that can place ads on alt right/new right/right content and ensure that content creators get the money they need to continue. Could possibly go the Alex Jones route. He created a bunch of products and his own store and advertises the hell out of them and completely cuts out the need for an ad agency.

As long as Facebook offers feels and attention it won't go away. Right now they have the money and resources to do this.

Is it a good idea to fight them on the same footing? There are movements out there gaining steam to hit alt-media in the pocket through advertising so we cannot simply ignore it.

Quote: (12-01-2016 07:19 PM)ms224 Wrote:  

So, when you go on amazon or ebay or whatever, you look on the sidebar and the site says other items you maybe interested in.

How long (if not already) will the cops have a side bar with other people you may want to arrest/investigate?

Brilliant idea, and I'm sure there's already something like it in law enforcement-- "Known Associates"...?

Youtube changed its setting to show you random "recommended" videos instead of channels you are subscribed to. Popular Youtubers are complaining:

I think a lot of it started a few years ago when google stopped offering search for forums.

True crowd sourced info at your fingertips. Pretty much every car, computer, consumer electronics and household problem solved, to say the least.

I wonder what happened to Sergi Brin, he lived in the bad old country, I wonder if he remembers?

Algo censorship + "Fake news" campaign + end of net neutrality = end of free internet.

The end of net neutrality means that Facebook, Twitter and approved websites like CNN load lightning fast, RVF loads like a 56k dialup connection.

It will be a test for Trump, because Big Telcom and Big Media lobbyists want to end net neutrality. Don't fall for the fake "deregulate the internet" theme.

Quote: (12-03-2016 08:36 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Youtube changed its setting to show you random "recommended" videos instead of channels you are subscribed to. Popular Youtubers are complaining:

Unfortunately, I can see how it makes sense from YouTube's perspective.

My guess? $. YouTube cares more about total view time spent on YouTube as a whole than its content creators, which they have plenty of now. They've probably looked at the data and figured the best way to do that now is by showing recommended videos instead of subscribed channels.

That, and most of the other reasons described on this thread, are why Cernovich is right to say that you need your own platforms.

If a meme or video is banned from one platform, soon it will automatically banned from all platforms.

Web giants YouTube , Facebook , Twitter and Microsoft will step up efforts to remove extremist content from their websites by creating a common database.

The companies will share 'hashes' - unique digital fingerprints they automatically assign to videos or photos - of extremist content they have removed from their websites to enable their peers to identify the same content on their platforms.

"We hope this collaboration will lead to greater efficiency as we continue to enforce our policies to help curb the pressing global issue of terrorist content online," the companies said in a statement on Tuesday.

Tech companies have long resisted outside intervention in how their sites should be policed, but have come under increasing pressure from Western governments to do more to remove extremist content following a wave of militant attacks.

YouTube and Facebook have begun to use hashes to automatically remove extremist content.

But many providers have relied until now mainly on users to flag content that violates terms of service. Flagged material is then individually reviewed by human editors who delete postings found to be in violation.

Twitter suspended 235,000 accounts between February and August this year and has expanded the teams reviewing reports of extremist content.

Each company will decide what image and video hashes to add to the database and matching content will not be automatically removed, they said.

The database will be up and running in early 2017 and more companies could be brought into the partnership.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/giants-coopera...nance.html

[Image: sHol9rL.gif]

Quote: (12-05-2016 08:13 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

If a meme or video is banned from one platform, soon it will automatically banned from all platforms.

Facebook, twitter, youtube and microsoft all being in one big circlejerk

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/giants-coopera...nance.html

[Image: sHol9rL.gif]

[Image: 1ff33j.jpg]

I like announcements like these, because it proves they're not sitting on the fence. They're actively policing crimethink and allowing globalist propaganda to proliferate the platform.

I'm curious why Microsoft is on the list. Their main websites are Outlook and Bing. If they openly say they're blocking emails and search engine content then that's a pretty big jump in policing the internet.

Microsoft owns Skype, Bing web search results, xBox and LinkedIn. I could see it being rolled out on all four.

The news of far reaching censorship on the top platforms has web developers and entrepreneurs jumping up and down. Not in anger but in excitement of new opportunities. People don't take too kindly to being censor or being told what to think.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

They ignored, they laughed, and now they are fighting.