rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dakota Access Pipeline (DAPL) Protests

I haven't seen a thread for this yet and it's been going on for some time.

Some background on the pipeline itself:

Quote:Quote:

The Dakota Access Pipeline or Bakken pipeline is a 1,172-mile-long (1,886 km) underground oil pipeline project in the United States. The pipeline is currently under construction by Dakota Access, LLC, a subsidiary of the Dallas, Texas corporation Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. The route begins in the Bakken oil fields in northwest North Dakota and travels in a more or less straight line south-east, through South Dakota and Iowa, and ends at the oil tank farm near Patoka, Illinois. The project was planned for delivery by January 1, 2017. As of November 26, 2016, the project was reported to be 87% completed.

[Image: 2300-NDpipelineMAP-v2.jpg?uuid=s5besnVEEeaXgUnlkXgXVA]

For measure here is a map of DOT Gas & Hazardous Material pipelines throughout the US:

[Image: dot_gastransmission-hazliquidpipelinesmap.jpg]

Some protest background info:

The Dakota Access Pipeline protests, also known by hashtags such as #NoDAPL, are a grassroots movement that began in the spring of 2016 in reaction to the approved construction of Energy Transfer Partners' Dakota Access Pipeline. The approved pipeline would run from the Bakken oil fields in western North Dakota to southern Illinois, crossing beneath the Missouri and Mississippi rivers, as well as part of Lake Oahe near the Standing Rock Indian Reservation. In April, LaDonna Brave Bull Allard, a Standing Rock Sioux elder, established a camp as a center for cultural preservation and spiritual resistance to the pipeline. Over the summer the camp grew to thousands of people.

Now there are varying reports of what exactly is going on out there at the actual protest site.

For example a woman's arm was seriously injured by what protestors called a concussion grenade but what police says was from an exploding propane.

You can see how two sided this event is.

Here are some links that you can read into:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bakken_Formation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dakota_Access_Pipeline

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dakota_Acc...ce_respond

I'll be posting more news about this.

The latest news:

N.D. Gov. Jack Dalrymple orders Dakota Access pipeline protesters to evacuate

MORTON COUNTY, N.D., Nov. 29 (UPI) -- North Dakota Gov. Jack Dalrymple said he signed an emergency evacuation order to clear Dakota Access Pipeline protesters from U.S. Army Corps of Engineers territory.

Dalrymple said he signed an executive order to clear protesters from territory the Army Corps deemed prohibited due to "severe winter weather storm conditions" that have the "potential to endanger human life."

In the executive order, Dalrymple said the prohibited areas do not have the proper permanent sanitation infrastructure, adding that it also difficult for emergency personnel to effectively respond, particularly during winter weather conditions.

"The persons are ordered to leave the evacuation area immediately, and are further ordered not to return to the evacuation area," Dalrymple wrote in Executive Order 2016-08. "Any action or inaction taken by any party which encourages persons to enter, reenter, or remain in the evacuation area will be subject to penalties as defined in law."

Dalrymple's evacuation order follows the Army Corps' announcement this weekend that all lands north of the Cannonball River will be closed to the public as of Dec. 5 and a "free speech zone" will be established on Army Corps property south of the river.

In a statement, Greenpeace spokesperson Lilian Molina said it is not up to Dalrymple or the Army Corps to "decide whether an indigenous sovereign nation can remain on its own lands."

"The Standing Rock Sioux Tribe has the right to self-determination in deciding its own destiny," Molina said in a statement. "The governor has overstepped his authority with this executive order."

If completed, the $3.7 billion pipeline will carry hundreds of thousands of barrels of oil from North Dakota oil fields to Illinois and then onto the southern U.S. coast. Some Native American tribes, including the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe, launched protests against the 1,134-mile oil pipeline's construction.

Protesters have said police used tear gas and other non-lethal methods to disrupt the demonstrations.

"It's not surprising that a governor who received money from the companies behind the pipeline, and who has himself invested in fossil fuel companies, would be quick in attempts to clear the camp and pave the way for oil profits," Molina added. "Ironically, the same governor who ignored the use of rubber bullets and water cannons in sub-freezing temperatures against protectors now claims to want to remove them for their well-being through the winter."

"If Governor Dalrymple or the Army Corps of Engineers truly cared about the health and well-being of water protectors, they would put an end to the pipeline once and for all," Molina wrote.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2016/11/2...480418019/

The police there are going to be pulling some serious overtime if Soros' agencies and other left-wing organizations decide to do battle.

I gave a rather long post a month or so ago on my personal experience with the production of putting up pipelines for upstream oil & gas somewhere on the forum. Wish I could find it now.

This was before the election so I was writing at the time with the assumption that these things would never be built under the presidency of Hillary. With that not happening however things are definitely looking up for US oil.

Quote: (11-30-2016 09:43 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

I gave a rather long post a month or so ago on my personal experience with the production of putting up pipelines for upstream oil & gas somewhere on the forum. Wish I could find it now.

Was it the OPEC thread that you were talking about ?

thread-58520-page-2.html

Enbridge just got the approval for their extension from Alberta to Wisconsin.

Northern gateway on hold again. This was the one Canada really needed so we could get our oil to market outside of North America. But at least Troolander approved something.

Even though it sounds like a shady deal with Alberta's hard left NDP to put a $50/tonne carbon tax on themselves for the approval.

Wonder how much Warren Buffett is paying these protesters, last thing he wants is more pipelines so he can continue his dominant position of transporting Bakken crude to market via the Burlington Northern Santa Fe railway.

Quote: (11-30-2016 12:18 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

Quote: (11-30-2016 09:43 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

Was it the OPEC thread that you were talking about ?

thread-58520-page-2.html

Right here's the post I had in mind: thread-58520...pid1405515

As an aside I do acknowledge Global warming, it's a matter of rather simple physics but the protesters mentioned above takes it to such lengths that a constructive dialogue on the matter is impossible but makes the question completely binary.

Don't worry because Tulsi Gabbard is on the way!

http://www.civilbeat.org/2016/11/gabbard...-pipeline/

Native Hawaiians and the State of Hawaii in general could really use a boost from Washington, but she's out making a name for herself. Sad.

Aloha!

This has less to do with the environment and more to do with corporate globalists making sure they have enough cannon fodder to keep disrupting their enemies.

If the environment truly mattered to these people, they would live their lives in a manner that actually equated to less carbon footprint and it would end up plunging the North America back into the 1600's.

Can you even imagine if even 1 million of us decided to 'get back to the land' and adopt the old Indian way of life? The forests and its animals would be wiped out in a couple years followed by war, starvation and death similar to the last time Indians had to fight.

These fools just don't understand that a $40 barrel of oil does the work of 200 farm animals and a forest of wood.

From what I understand, the east coast piedmont/coastal areas of the US were almost entirely deforested by the time of the Civil War. Most of the forests in those areas now are new growth, made possible by the use of non-wood sources of fuel. Tree huggers should be happy for the use of natural gas and coal.

They just don't want to hear such logic.

The west coast here, where eco feminists love to talk about like its Gaia, was once deforested, muddy, and had all the whales and even little cute sea otters wiped right out. The mountains looked like shaved dogs. The mud would pour down the deforested mountains in torrents come winter. Deltas would back up and ships and men would be stuck in the floods.

Whole towns burnt down all the time as the mills tried to keep up with the need for more wood; for heat, for building, for roads, for fuel, for everything. Whales were harpooned for days to get their oil because oil is energy x1000 compared to trees.

We have millions of KM's of pipelines in NA. Another 300km is not going to be the pipeline that sends us spiraling into apocalyptic nightmare, but getting rid of oil certainly will.

As much as I love my Indian family, they would be just as fucked as the rest of us if we had to go back to the land. The snack truck and frozen food section might seem like Traditional Ways now, but that shit dries up quick when you don't barely even know how to hunt.

The left has a vendetta against domestic oil and gas production, and pipelines in particular. Even if you accept global warming (I do), it is not production that is driving warming but consumption. I haven't yet heard a leftie explain why a barrel of oil from Saudi is more environmentally friendly than a barrel produced in the US or Canada. Furthermore, pipelines are by far the most cost efficient, environmentally friendly and safe method for transporting oil and gas.

summation: We are going to consume oil (nobody wants to turn off their heat or AC) so we might as well get that oil from an environmentally responsible source i.e. the US and Canada transported by pipeline.

This particular project, I'm a little surprised that the current route was permitted. That story is a lot more complex than the media is telling us, and it sounds like the standing rock tribe mostly chose not to participate in the process. Still it was in the industries best interest to avoid this public relations nightmare, so I'm surprised they weren't more proactive in trying to get the Natives to buy in. I'm used to the industry bending over backwards to get the Natives on-board from the get-go, then selling the project to the public as an opportunity for the Native community to gain economic development.

Quote: (11-30-2016 11:58 PM)Laner Wrote:  

If the environment truly mattered to these people, they would live their lives in a manner that actually equated to less carbon footprint and it would end up plunging the North America back into the 1600's.

Can you even imagine if even 1 million of us decided to 'get back to the land' and adopt the old Indian way of life? The forests and its animals would be wiped out in a couple years followed by war, starvation and death similar to the last time Indians had to fight.

These fools just don't understand that a $40 barrel of oil does the work of 200 farm animals and a forest of wood.

People like Greenpeace spokesperson Lilian Molina truly don't want us to return to the land. They are self loathers who want people removed from the earth altogether. Although they will never admit it. They think humanity is a cancer to the planet. It's really like a religion to them.

Example, remember that movie years back called "The Happening"? The movie features plants sending signals to humans that cause humans to spontaneously commit suicide in mass numbers. Sure it's just a movie but the point is that films like that are a major circle jerk for the Greenpeacers. They are anti human and therefore try to stop real human progress at every turn.

Uzi

I work in oil/gas/coal and note the protesters always turn up in cars, wearing synthetic clothing and go home and consume coal fired electricity.

Quote: (11-29-2016 12:48 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

In a statement, Greenpeace spokesperson Lilian Molina said it is not up to Dalrymple or the Army Corps to "decide whether an indigenous sovereign nation can remain on its own lands."

Whom should decide then? It's up to "indigenous sovereign nations" themselves to make sure they are strong enough to defend and remain on their own land. If Greenpeace is the last line of defense then I'm pretty sure you're fucked. Welcome to the dark world! People have always dispossessed others from land, riches, women, everything. It's what we do, it's what all animals do and it's been going on since time immemorial.

These are the same people who attack our military, police, and any other of our means to defend not only ourselves but them as well. If it was up to them we would be dispossessed of our land. In fact they are aiding in that dispossession through mass and illegal immigration, however we'll set that to the side for now. These people have no sense of irony.

Uzi
EDIT: One more thing. I'm suspicious of the 'tribal' aspect of this issue. Leftists use identity politics and race division as a weapon to tear at the fabric of society and progress. Black lives matter anyone? If they don't get what they want then you are a racist. It's been going on the whole election 2016 and this entire forum knows it. The tribal aspect is just another example.

Isn't it high time to get rid of Native American Reservations altogether?

There is nothing to "protect" the natives from anymore. This isn't the 19th century.

We are one country. Federal laws should be uniformly applied across the country, and State laws should be applied uniformly throughout the State.

The fact that Reservations, and special treaties with these 'nations' still exist is ridiculous.

You don't get there till you get there

When it comes to the left, the only time they recognize respecting contracts and property rights is with native reservations. I'd like to keep that example at least.

It's like when anti-religious people say they want to take away tax exemptions for churches.

We should be fighting for more tax exemptions and for ALL getting reservation status, not taking it away from the few groups who have it.

I realize that is contrarian and probably extreme to most reading here. But if you are worried about the disparity between net tax payers and those that benefit from exemptions, I would say get rid of all forms of welfare first (the actual giving away of resources, not the absence of taking them) and then we can talk about the exemptions.

I believe the biggest beef is that the pipeline is in violation with of a treaty enacted with the local tribes' lands and is in fact therefore illegal. You may have differing opinions about the validity of the the written words of our government, but myself I'm a Constitutionalist, I believe in our founding documents and I believe that they should be sacred - like the 2nd Amendment (and I believe many here feel the same about the Constitution) but but believe this is all left wing obstructionism. The issue is that we entered a treaty with the sovereign nations and now we're defaulting at gunpoint. How can people take us seriously about anything if we renege whenever we want because we can exercise the violence to back it up?

All Native American treaties should have been thrown out once Native Americans were accepted as American Citizens.

You don't get to have it both ways. If you want your treaties and your Tribal laws, you don't get to have Citizenship.

You don't get there till you get there

Quote: (12-01-2016 01:36 PM)Laner Wrote:  

They just don't want to hear such logic.

The west coast here, where eco feminists love to talk about like its Gaia, was once deforested, muddy, and had all the whales and even little cute sea otters wiped right out. The mountains looked like shaved dogs. The mud would pour down the deforested mountains in torrents come winter. Deltas would back up and ships and men would be stuck in the floods.

Whole towns burnt down all the time as the mills tried to keep up with the need for more wood; for heat, for building, for roads, for fuel, for everything. Whales were harpooned for days to get their oil because oil is energy x1000 compared to trees.

We have millions of KM's of pipelines in NA. Another 300km is not going to be the pipeline that sends us spiraling into apocalyptic nightmare, but getting rid of oil certainly will.

As much as I love my Indian family, they would be just as fucked as the rest of us if we had to go back to the land. The snack truck and frozen food section might seem like Traditional Ways now, but that shit dries up quick when you don't barely even know how to hunt.

I know someone who was a hardcore Bernie supporter and has been pretty quiet about politics ever since Trump got elected. He can't stand Trump and realized Hillary was a total crook, so I think this appealed to him and his gf more than anything else as a way to forget about the elections and move on with the next big SWPL cause.

He even posted a photo comparing his getting hosed by the federal cops as similar to blacks getting hosed by Birmingham firemen back in the sixties. That's a bit of a stretch, I think, but he 's undaunted. The trust fund crowd (or wannabe trust funders) need something to believe in, so in the absence of religion this will do.

First world problems....

I went to the local farmer's market today and the leftist hippie psychos were dancing around the room, locked arms, chanting "water is life" over and over.

Even when I tend to agree with them, they still find a way to piss me off.

People don't care about principles at all, only specifics and their feelings that blow in the wind. If we had a video of forum members locked in arms, dancing and chanting "attractive, feminine women are life!", they would compare us to a cult (and rightly so). But they would say, of their own demonstration, "this is different".

Bleh. Call me when you actually give a shit about private property and rush to defend white farmers or family businesses.

Military Vets are in now in the DAPL standoff - should be interesting how LEO will treat them as protesters.

https://www.rt.com/usa/369007-veterans-a...-protests/

Hundreds of veterans arrive to support Dakota Access protests (PHOTOS, VIDEO)

[Image: 584187f2c46188cb2c8b459d.jpg]

Scores of military veterans have begun arriving to take part in the North Dakota pipeline protest, with hundreds, possibly thousands more expected, including a US congresswoman.
Read more

Members of the group Veterans for Standing Rock, organized on Facebook, have come to support Native American and environmental protesters against the Dakota Access Pipeline. Over 2,000 veterans have pledged their support, with the step coming as law enforcement authorities increase their efforts to crack down on the protest. Hundreds have been arriving at a protest camp on Friday, according to Reuters.

“The militarized police paid for by tax dollars ... is unconstitutional,” Ashleigh Jennifer Parker, a former member of the Coast Guard, told USA Today.

“People are being brutalized; concussion grenades are being thrown into crowds. They're spraying people, even old women, and other elders of the tribe with tear gas and pepper spray, and all of this is just unconstitutional. I can't believe the media hasn't taken more of an interest in this.”
Mark Sanderson, a former special forces soldier from Texas, told CBC News: “I bled in Iraq and you're going to threaten to shoot me on a bridge in North Dakota?”

A number of veterans have already arrived at the protest camp, including Purple Heart recipient Chris Turley.

Also joining the protest will be Tulsi Gabbard, a Democrat congresswoman from Hawaii who served two tours of duty in Iraq. Gabbard, a lifelong environmental activist, said she wanted to highlight how the proposed pipeline project would affect the supply of drinking water to the Standing Rock Sioux tribe and other local people.

“If my participation in this protest helps send one message, it is this: we must protect our fragile water resources for current and future generations,” said Gabbard, as quoted by the Nation.

Other groups of veterans launched solidarity protests around the country, including in Austin, Texas.

Protests first erupted over the Dakota Access Pipeline in April, but received little mainstream media coverage until recent months. Critics of the pipeline say it will cut through indigenous land, including sacred burial sites, as well as threaten the local environment and drinking water.

The Standing Rock protests are said to be the largest gathering of native peoples in modern American history, involving members of 280 tribes. Demonstrators have clashed with police, with water cannon and rubber bullets being deployed against protesters, whom the authorities have accused of rioting.

However, not all veterans have supported their comrades’ decision to join the protests. In West Fargo, North Dakota, representatives of the North Dakota Veterans Coordinating Council held a press conference denouncing those who have taken part in the campaign.

"We agree that it is our constitutional right to assemble and to peacefully protest," said Council President Russ Stabler, as quoted by Reuters. “However, protests over the last 100-plus days in North Dakota have been less than peaceful.”

“Participating in this kind of assembly even as a peaceful bystander or participant will only mar the image of the North Dakota veterans and the veterans of our nation.”

Meanwhile, Morton County Sheriff's Department published a video on Thursday in which they interview a “North Dakota veteran” named Raymond Morell. Morell said that the veterans coming from outside the state “don't understand that relationship that we have,” and “are imposing their misunderstandings and quite possibly their disgruntlement with our federal government into a relationship that has been ongoing for generations within the state of North Dakota.”

In response to the video, veteran Stephen Handlin told RT: “I don't even know what [Morell's] talking about. The veterans who are coming here are coming here because of the police abusing the citizens. It's Morton County Sheriff. It's not the Feds! They're on our side. That's ridiculous. He's trying to discredit the veterans that are coming here. He's trying to delegitimize them and the federal government is the one being reasonable here."

Handlin says he has met at least 50 other veterans at the Standing Rock camps. “You have guys of all stripes. You have me, who is an agitator. I believe in direct action against machinery. That’s prayer in action. Then you have the Veterans for Peace guys who are very passive and want to be organized and are a part of the whole tribal system and meet with all these groups. There’s really nothing you can say like ‘all veterans are like this,’" Handlin told RT, adding that veterans are less likely to engage in gossip and are more determined to complete “whatever their project is.”

Another veteran who spoke with RT anonymously explained that arriving at Standing Rock was how she was able to “spiritually heal” from the Post Traumatic Stress Disorder she sustained overseas.

On Thursday, US President-elect Donald Trump said that he supports the completion of the Dakota Access Pipeline. Despite unproven claims that Trump owns a stake in Energy Transfer Partners, the company building the pipeline, his endorsement “has nothing to do with his personal investments and everything to do with promoting policies that benefit all Americans” read a daily briefing note, as reported by Reuters.

All I have to ask is,where were these guys when Bundy was having his issues?

This smells suspicious.

I agree. Something far bigger is going on.

The vets getting involved is a surprising move.

Putting more thought into this now. Could these protests, these globalist eco feminists, actually are being ready to be sacrificed?

Expect them to light themselves up any day now, in sync with the dozens of other protests happening 'in solidarity' with them. The media will be silent on what starts it off, but will be there when bodies start hitting the streets.

Jan 20th is still a long ways off, and the cold weather coming in will not be doing the movement any favors. How much of a situation would it take for Obama to be able to some sort of control of the government moving into January?