rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

St. Petersburg Data Sheet

St. Petersburg, Russia

Quality of Women: 4.5 / 5
Ease of Hooking Up: 2.5 / 5
Things to Do: 4 / 5

Time Spent There: One month
Lays: 3 (All Russian)

Executive Summary: I love this place. Russia is not for everybody, but I'm nervous writing this data sheet because I don't want this city to become overrun with a bunch of horny westerners. For a certain type of person (i.e., me), this place is an untapped goldmine. For others, it'll be horrible and they won't want to come anywhere near it.

A Note About Race and Culture: So let's get this out of the way early. If you're not white, you'll probably want to think twice before going to Russia... or at least spending more than a few days there. The people are openly racist. It's not an hateful, "I want to stab black people," kind of racism. But more of a, "We don't want to talk to people who aren't white," type of racism. It's different than racism in the West. It's less about superiority than just wanting to be with your own kind. I asked some locals about it and they said that if minorities came to Russia, they would probably be fine, but just expect to be ignored by many locals and not treated with the same respect in restaurants and shops, etc. Middle Easterners or people who look Middle Eastern (Latino, Indian) are particularly the targets of the racism. I think it's because of the stuff in Chechnya, the terrorist attacks over there and Russia immigration problem.

It is possible that guys of a different race would be able to self-select in Russia very easily -- and that is basically the name of the game over there -- but the overall pleasantness of your stay may not be worth it. In my month there, I saw 10 Asians at the most, and less than 5 black people.

When it comes to culture, Russians appear to Westerners as cold and disinterested. Or even at times, assholes. This isn't true and took me a while to get used to. The fact about Russians is that they don't bullshit. They see no reason to put on niceties or a fake smile so that people will like them. If they don't know you, they really don't care what you think, and so they see no reason to be nice or friendly with you until they've gotten to know you. Westerners regularly misinterpret this as them being rude, but it's just how they are. Once they get to know you, they are some of the warmest and most fun people in the world. But it takes time and patience.

They are also incredibly blunt. If they think you did something stupid, they'll tell you to your face that it was stupid. I had a girl look me in the eye and tell me that what I said was dumb on the first date. It wasn't a shit test or flirting. It was matter-of-fact, "That's stupid, why did you say that?" This also takes getting used to.

But if you're the kind of person who doesn't like dealing with bullshit, dealing with fakeness or fake status, someone who prefers to be to-the-point and communicate open and honestly, once you get over the initial shock, you'll love it. It's like a drug. I talked to some of the other people at my language school and they agreed. People who stay in Russia either love more the longer they stay, or they hate it more the longer they stay and this is the biggest reason why. You either love their style of communication and socializing or you hate it, and that will probably determine your entire experience with everyone there.

Finally, Russia is corrupt as hell. Nothing works. People are late everywhere. People drive on the sidewalk and park in the grass. Cops drive the wrong way up one-way streets. Waiters will randomly walk out and smoke a cigarette instead of serve you. Get used to it. It's just how the country operates. You either go with it, or you fight a losing battle against it. It never gets any better. Russia is basically a first world country that operates like a third world country.

The Women: The women are incredible. I've been to 35 countries and have 20 flags, and Russian women are at the top of my list. Again, part of it's my values (no bullshit, honest communication, party like it's your last day on earth), but part of it is my taste in women (super skinny, feminine, angular faces, amazing legs). If you're into women with the classic model body-type, St. Petersburg is full of them. A walk down Nevsky Prospekt and you'll see 4-5 girls that could model in the US in a 15 minute stroll. It's incredible, really.

On top of that, the women are educated, sensual, feminine, and passionate to the point of being slightly nuts (kind of like Latinas). They love Western men as well. Russian men, in general, are short, hairy and brutish. There's currently a severe lack of quality men in the former Soviet countries, so the dating market is stacked way in our favor. Strangely enough, they love Americans as well. There were a number of times where I'd be speaking English in public and some random Russian would come up and ask if I was American, and get very excited when I said yes. I think most of the westerners who come through are either English or German. But for some reason they love Americans and Germans. I know this doesn't make sense considering oh, I don't know, the last 100 years. But one Russian described it to me as, "America, Germany and Russia, we are like brothers. You don't truly love your brothers until you all beat the crap out of each other." And with that he bought me a shot.

Speaking of which, Russians drink. They will out-drink you. Any of them. I think it was mentioned in another thread, the drinking there is not a joke. Let's put it this way, the first girl I hooked up with out there, she was small and cute, probably 5'3" and no more than 110 lbs. After about 8-9 drinks I got nice and drunk and she was openly making fun of me for being a light-weight (I'm 6'2" and 180 lbs). Her friends soon joined in. Yes, it was my first night out with Russians and four girls were sitting around laughing at me because they drank more than me. Keep in mind, I out-drink most of my friends back home.

So super-hot, feminine, educated, passionate girls who love Westerners and love to party. What's the catch?

The catch is the language barrier. I'd say 10% of women speak any English in St. Petersburg. And St. Petersburg is the most cosmopolitan and progressive city in Russia. On top of that, Russian is ridiculously hard to learn and communicate in. And sorry, but Pimsleur is not going to cut it on this one. I did the Pimsleur's before I went and it was a joke. The grammar might as well be a Rubik's Cube. It took me a solid two weeks of studying with a teacher 4 hours a day to get to the point that I could order food or ask for directions.

So you're going to be limited to English-speaking girls. The bad news is that that means cold approaching randomly, particularly during the day, is going to yield very little. But the good news is that if you can find a way to screen for English speakers, the girl's are unbelievably reliable and excited to meet you.

And by unbelievably reliable and excited to meet you, I mean that they'll show up and not smile once. That's the other catch with Russian women. Until they bang you, they have poker faces on the entire time. I like to think that my radar for when a girl is into more or not is finely honed, but it was all over the place with these girls. Russian women expect you to be insanely aggressive. They offer you NO help. You really grow to appreciate the assertiveness of US girls in some ways. They don't ever touch you back. They don't smile back when you smile. They don't react to teases. They basically expect you to more or less start molesting them. Again, when I'm back in the US, girls regularly comment on how aggressive I am. Two of the girls I told this to in Russia laughed at my face when I told them that. One of them even said, "You? Aggressive? I didn't even think you liked me." Wow, great...

So the conclusion here is this: if you've got tight game, if you're willing to brunt a lot of rejections, and if you're comfortable being very physically aggressive, then you're going to do very, very well. If you have trouble escalating, if you hate rejection, and if you rely a lot on teasing and verbal game, then you're going to be in trouble.

St. Petersburg Logistics (IMPORTANT!)

St. Petersburg has the most unique set of logistics I've ever come across. This is because the bridges on the Neva raise every night at around midnight and don't come back down again until 3AM or 4AM. Also, the metro stops running at midnight each night.

What this means is that the city is effectively split in half from 12:00 to 4:00 every night.

What does this mean? If you live on one side of the river and she lives on the other side, all you have to do is keep her out until midnight, then she's stuck staying with you. I can't emphasize how fucking money this is. I got laid twice because of this. "Oh, the bridges are up. Well, it's cold, you can come have a drink at my place until the go back down." What else are they going to do? There's literally no way to get across... unless she wants to swim.

I recommend staying on the southern side of the Neva, as close to Nevsky-Prospekt as possible. All of the nightlife is around here, the best day game area is around here, and it's more or less the "cooler" side of the river to live on.

The Nightlife

Strangely, for such a big city, there didn't seem to be a whole lot of night life options. But there's a very good chance that I just didn't find them all because the few I did find were so awesome and I ended up shacking up with a girl for my last 2.5 weeks there.

St. Petersburg's nightlife is cyclical. Obviously it's way too fucking cold to go out in the winter. But the white nights in the summer brings the party-goers out until dawn (if there is a dawn) multiple times a week.

Fidel's: Yes, that Fidel. There's a row of bars near the University of St. Petersburg, Fidel's being the largest and most popular one. These bars are populated with ex-pats, university students and are generally regarded as the "go to" place for girls who want to meet western guys. To say it's easy to pick up a Russian girl here is crazy. Just to give you an idea, the first girl I picked up (the one who made fun of me for being a light-weight) literally told me, while sitting on my lap, with a completely straight face, that I may want to consider trading up because I could probably hook up with any girl in there. I assumed she was fucking with me, and didn't want to risk a done deal (she was cute enough).

But when I went back... yeah, it was pretty ridiculous. Not all of the girls speak English here, but most of them will respond well to English. These bars are dirty though. And they get fucking nuts. Girls taking their shirts off, people tap dancing on the bars, people buying rounds of 15 vodka shots for half the bar, polka music blasting. I had my ass grabbed no less than 6 times and the girl I was with told me that that was normal, to take it as a compliment. I told her that in the US we call that sexual harassment. She laughed at me and told me "that's stupid, it's a compliment."

Coyote Ugly: I've been to so many awful Coyote Ugly's in the US that I couldn't bring myself to go to this one. But I heard it recommended a number of times, so I figure I'd mention it. I believe it's one of the more high-end clubs. Also think it's mostly locals. Couldn't tell you.

XXXX: Pronounced "Ick Ick Ick Ick." There are actually three or four of them around the city. There's one close to Nevsky. Good clubs. Crazy dancing. Russians are fucking nuts. Lots of guys there when I went, and I was with my girl, so I didn't do any gaming. I've heard that this is another place where girls look for foreigners or ex-pats, but I can't say for sure. A few VERY hot girls here. Fuck, what am I saying, there were hot girls everywhere.

Day Game

Nevsky Prospekt and the parks up near the river, particularly the Summer Gardens. Tons of people go out and walk around them in the spring and summer.

I didn't do much day game. I tried to talk to some girls in coffee shops but only found one who spoke any English. Like I said, the language barrier is going to determine most of your options anywhere you go. The hard part is finding the English-speakers... then once you find them, chances are they're going to be very interested in you.

Things to Do

If you're a history buff, then there's tons of shit to see and do around the city. Great museums, The Hermitage, the Summer Palace, Peter's Fortress, war monuments, war museums, etc.

I was fortunate enough to be there during the Victory Day Parade, which was very cool and humbling at the same time. The amount of reverence, respect and pride they have not only in their veterans but also in their victory over Nazi Germany (and by the way, THEY beat Germany, we didn't), is astounding and very inspiring.

There are tons of great parks and good architecture for simply walking around. Kazan Cathedral and Nicholas' Cathedral are both impressive. World class ballets and operas if you're into that kind of stuff. Fuck, I could keep going. I was there a month and feel like I was just getting to know the place. I definitely plan on going back.

I'll be honest though. The food sucks. The weather really sucks (it snowed in May... ugh). The service is terrible. Everything is overpriced (it is NOT cheap there). The music is goofy. People shower half as often and often smell bad. It's not an easy place to live. And it's not for everybody. But I'll tell you this, every day I was there I loved it more. I told a British guy I was staying with that and his response was: "I've been here for six months and I feel the exact same way." I would never live there permanently. But for six months or a year? Absolutely. With a smoking hot Russian girlfriend (or three) of course.

Visa Concerns

Here's the deal with visas. And ultimately why I decided to post this since between the visa hassles, the obscene language barrier, the high cost of living, the corruption and the racism, 95% of you reading this aren't actually going to bother to go.

To go to Russia you need a visa and a letter of invitation. Getting these involves about $300-400 worth of fees and 2-3 weeks wait period for a 30-day visa. If you want to go for more than 30 days then you're looking at up to $800 in fees and a month wait period. And that doesn't even count the $1000 or so in airfare to get there.

Yeah. Blows.

I'm sure that's different for some other countries, but from what I understand the procedure is similar for Brits and most European countries. Getting there sucks. And to a lot of people it's not going to be worth it.

Nice.

Keep em coming! lol

Very nice! I was expecting a data sheet on St Petersburg for long [Image: smile.gif]
+1

Can you give us an idea of the range of prices you saw?
(Since Moscow is super expensive)

Quote: (08-10-2011 06:16 AM)julio26 Wrote:  

Very nice! I was expecting a data sheet on St Petersburg for long [Image: smile.gif]
+1

Can you give us an idea of the range of prices you saw?
(Since Moscow is super expensive)

Honestly, Russia is the anti-Thailand. You pay a lot and get very little. I had a shitty tiny studio apartment in the center of the city and paid about $1000 a month. Food is anywhere from $7-15 for a shitty dish (super small portions as well). $6-8 drinks.

It's expensive. Not quite Manhattan or London prices, but almost. I'd budget at least $2000-3000 a month if you want to live in a good area and plan on going out a lot.

Awesome data sheet. +1 from me as well. Did you meet or see any foreign girls in St. Pete? Specifically Estonian?

I wouldn't worry about too many members flocking to Russia. It's a hard place, as you described. The only thing that's really gonna suck is the language barrier. I has hoping more girls spoke English.

It's good to hear you didn't come across any American hate sentiment. That's always a plus.

Met a couple American girls, one was through my language school, the other was there teaching English there. Met a number of ESL teachers. Every one of them either loved being there or hated being there. Was interesting.

Nice

I will be there next month

Superb write up! Being so close to Russia I've been wanting to go for quite a while but the prices and visa hassle has kept me from it.

Good informative post. About the racism, is that racism from the women or from the guys? I don't care what the guys think but if the women are racist then it will be a big turn off.

+1

Great, precise, helpful information!

Thank you for not bullshitting around like so many like this "XYZ kill it in Russia", "XYZ guys are treated like gods there". Etc.

Quote: (08-10-2011 08:19 AM)Mystik Wrote:  

Good informative post. About the racism, is that racism from the women or from the guys? I don't care what the guys think but if the women are racist then it will be a big turn off.

+1

From what I gathered, it's everybody.

Great post, Entropy4. Very accurate snapshot.

Great report, I've had my eye on Russia for a while.

One thing I wanted to say is that you're overestiminating the power of this forum to overrun a city. I've been declaring Poznan to be heaven for 3 months here, on my blog, and on Twitter, and I haven't noticed even a noticeable uptick of foreigners. Comparing to something like Lonely Planet, this site is very underground.

Excellent report, +1 from me.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Alright I got the chance to read this carefully. My questions:

1. How much Russian did you use in the 3 girls you banged? I'm assuming they spoke English. For gaming purposes, is it even worth bothering to study for a short trip?

2. Did the Russian you learn help with the women or was it mainly helpful to get around, order food, etc.?

3. The 10% number that speaks English... is that for the entire female population or what you encountered at night? I'm guessing at the right bars that number would be higher.

4. How much is a studio of 1-bedroom flat for tourists in the best part of town?

5. After sleeping with a Russian, how much does she relax her poker face? Does she become affectionate and sensual by American standards?

6. If Russian women are always standoffish before the bang, what are some indicators that you're doing well in an approach? I'm assuming they still ask questions like where you're from and how long you're staying.

7. Did you dabble in internet game? What have you heard from other guys who have tried it in Russia?

8. Have you looked into the logistics of a longer stay? Is it just that the visa is more expensive? I read that you have to go the business visa route in that case.

9. Did you have to carry your passport everywhere? I read that Russian police will randomly stop you and demand to see your papers, especially if you look Muslim.

Again, very detailed report. This is the best Russian datasheet we have in the forum now.

Russia sounds like fun! I like frank folk! I am very attracted to Russian lizards as well. I was gaming on one during Caribana and information from this forum plus one of my wings, who has hit a few, gave me some tips.

I was speaking to her and she seemed very cold and indifferent, however, she did not move away in any particular pace.

My instincts took this as she wasn't interested but I have worked with a few Russians in my career and I find them as you say to be very to the point no need for bullshyt.

So, anyway, I was talking to this lizard and she continued to stay cold but once I told her about the origin of the Toronto carnival being from Trinidad, I finally struck gold.

I saw a glimmer of interest and she said "Oh, really?"

Sadly, my friends were moving out of my sight line so I went to catch up with them but I get your sense on Russian.

It's a shame about the xenophobia, though. Oh well, another day, another time, I guess.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

I agree with you on the Russian women, I also got the "Russian disease", even in US they are my favorites.
Note that in my trip to Kazan (Tatarstan) I haven't encountered racism against darker skin people, I myself might look latino and I actually felt it gave me an advantage with the girls. Maybe cause of the different area/city.

Russia, the CIS and the Ukraine are in my future plans. I just absolutely have to get my Russian to at least a low intermediate level, if not good intermediate level.

I hope to visit the hinterlands, as i visited Moscow, St. Pete & the Baltics a long time ago. I'm thinking along the lines of the Volga, the Ukraine, and Almaty, Tashkent, etc.

The funny thing about racism with Russians, is that I've noticed that Russian girls are probably the most race open girls out there. Russian girls have married Chinese guys in the far East, hookup with dark skinned Indian guys in Goa, etc. I also have locally seen Russian/Ukrainian girls who hooked up with Salvadorean guys.

This is similar to the post about Poland someone wrote a few days ago. I've seen Russian girls date most races, although i personally have only seen Estonian girls with black guys, never personally seen Russians.

The key with Russians, IMHO is language. But few people speak it.

Completely on point. I have a colleague in StP, and the OP's post eerily matches his emails. will go into them and report back tomorrow

But re: visa, this is a good resource:

http://www.waytorussia.net/RussianVisa/

I am no gentleman

Entropy4, excellent summary, pretty much everything is true. Just a few notes.

Quote: (08-10-2011 06:01 AM)Entropy4 Wrote:  

The people are openly racist. It's not an hateful, "I want to stab black people," kind of racism. But more of a, "We don't want to talk to people who aren't white," type of racism. It's different than racism in the West. It's less about superiority than just wanting to be with your own kind.

This is not even considered racism in Russia (and I don't consider that racism either); I'd dare to say that wanting to be with your own kind is a natural species survival reaction, which requires a lot of government effort to override. But I can see how this information could be a source of disappointment to the "all white women are craving for the black cock" crowd, so this was a useful note [Image: smile.gif]

Quote:Quote:

I asked some locals about it and they said that if minorities came to Russia, they would probably be fine, but just expect to be ignored by many locals and not treated with the same respect in restaurants and shops, etc.

It depends on a lot of things. For example, a well-dressed (think suits) middle-aged black/latino/middle-eastern guy who behaves properly (i.e. NOT the obnoxious look-at-me-everyone way some behave in US) would have no problems at all. But if the same guy is dressed up in a baggy pants and hoodie is unlikely to even make it into any restaurant which has a doorman, not to mention a club. The way you dress up makes huge difference in Russia, hundred times more than in US. So if you go there, choose your clothes very carefully. Especially if you're from the West coast - in this case I suggest to leave all your clothes at home, and just buy them there.

Finally, Russia is corrupt as hell. Nothing works. People are late everywhere.

It has some benefits though - when you're caught driving drunk from a party with six girls in your car smoking pot, then a nice police officer might get into the driver seat and drive you all home - for a small fee of $500 in cash.

It took me a solid two weeks of studying with a teacher 4 hours a day to get to the point that I could order food or ask for directions.

Russian is very hard to start learning, as you need to learn A LOT before you even start actually talking. However once you get past this initial knowledge barrier, things are getting much easier.

Russian women expect you to be insanely aggressive. They offer you NO help.

Russian women expect you to be a man who knows what he wants, not a pussy who needs constant assertiveness and support like a teenager on a first date. Her motto is "I already have a kid, I don't need an adult kid in my life". Note that being a man has nothing to do with "badass" look - in fact, VK type will likely have problems there as he will be associated with criminals which is not good association - it is about behavior.

You really grow to appreciate the assertiveness of US girls in some ways. They don't ever touch you back.

It is not socially acceptable for women to touch a stranger man in public. And there is no such thing as "touch back" in Russia - for me it is still a weird concept. And be really careful about touching other guys, some may think you're gay and hitting on them - an easy way to get beaten up right there.

They don't smile back when you smile. They don't react to teases.

They do react to teases in Russian, they just rarely know English good enough to understand you're actually teasing them. Think of it this way: she doesn't understand your English, she translates every word you say to Russian and then tries to understand it. This makes most of your teasing sound gibberish.

What this means is that the city is effectively split in half from 12:00 to 4:00 every night.

There is a tunnel under the Neva river, so the city isn't split completely. But it is kinda far away.

What does this mean? If you live on one side of the river and she lives on the other side, all you have to do is keep her out until midnight, then she's stuck staying with you.

If she stayed till midnight and didn't watch the clock every minute, she already wants to spend the night with you, so this is not relevant. All you need to do is NOT to remind her about bridges as she'd consider it as "he wants me out".

The food sucks. The weather really sucks (it snowed in May... ugh).

I can tell you DO NOT want to be there in winter. Except if you're from Toronto and REALLY enjoy the February weather there. Then SPB will be fine for you, just grab extra warm clothes.

To go to Russia you need a visa and a letter of invitation. Getting these involves about $300-400 worth of fees and 2-3 weeks wait period for a 30-day visa. If you want to go for more than 30 days then you're looking at up to $800 in fees and a month wait period. And that doesn't even count the $1000 or so in airfare to get there.

And if you overstay your visa, you may be in DEEP trouble. They won't let you out, you'd have to go to the special city office (conveniently open from 9:00 to 9:30 every second Monday), file the paperwork, wait a week or two and get another exit visa. Do not.

Quote: (08-10-2011 11:52 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

1. How much Russian did you use in the 3 girls you banged? I'm assuming they spoke English. For gaming purposes, is it even worth bothering to study for a short trip?

Not likely. Even if you know the language, you wouldn't know the culture, so you won't be able to tease, make jokes she'd actually laugh on, etc.

However without the language you won't be able to get around on your own. I haven't been to SPB for a while, but even in Moscow the English signs are pretty much non-existent. Even in the city center you'll have hard time to find a street which has its name translated to English. Cashiers in subway, cops, taxi drivers usually speak very little to no English. And the alphabet is Cyrillic.

3. The 10% number that speaks English... is that for the entire female population or what you encountered at night? I'm guessing at the right bars that number would be higher.

People who speak English usually do it for business (i.e. they work for foreign corp, or they teach English) or for some other purpose (i.e. golddigging). There may be some people who learn it for fun, but there will be very few of them, as the effort is much higher than potential incentive. In any case, "she speaks English" should be translated as "she understands the basic meaning of half of what I said, and responds with yes/no or other short answer". You'll rarely hear long stories.

5. After sleeping with a Russian, how much does she relax her poker face? Does she become affectionate and sensual by American standards?

Yes, she does. There is no poker face anymore.

6. If Russian women are always standoffish before the bang, what are some indicators that you're doing well in an approach?

If she is still there, you're doing well. If she is tired of you, she'll stand up, say something about visiting her sick mom and leaves. As Entropy said, it is very straight and direct culture, nobody cares about someone's little feelings.

8. Have you looked into the logistics of a longer stay? Is it just that the visa is more expensive? I read that you have to go the business visa route in that case.

You can stay up to 90 days using your Turkish passport. After that it gets as difficult as in EU.

9. Did you have to carry your passport everywhere? I read that Russian police will randomly stop you and demand to see your papers, especially if you look Muslim.

Cops usually don't bother with English speakers, too much trouble for little gain.

None. All three spoke good English. One of them spoke perfect English. The learning curve on Russian is extremely steep in the beginning. It's not like Spanish where you can start throwing sentences together after a week or two of study. If you're going for less than a month, don't bother. If you're going for at least a couple months, then it's probably worth it.

The other thing that sucked about Russian was that girls didn't give two shits that I could speak some of it. It wasn't like Latin America or some European countries, where if you make an effort and say show them that you speak a little, they get excited or give you a lot of credit. In Russia, they couldn't care less. I can honestly my four weeks of Russian got me absolutely no where with women while I was there.

2. Did the Russian you learn help with the women or was it mainly helpful to get around, order food, etc.?

Get around and order food.

Places like Fidel's it's higher. But that's an overall estimate for the population based on my experience. I asked my Russian teacher what he thought as well, and he said 10% was being generous.

4. How much is a studio of 1-bedroom flat for tourists in the best part of town?

Mine studio about $1000 a month. Granted, it was a piece of shit and the water stopped working a couple times. But hey, that's Russia. I would guess anywhere from $800 to $1300 depending on where and how nice your place is. My location was pretty prime. I've heard that if you know some Russian, once you hit the ground you can go around and negotiate better prices. But can't comment further than that.

Yes, very. In private. The poker face will come back out in public some. But when you're together, it's pretty much gone. They reminded me a lot of Latinas. Very feminine. My girl got excited to cook for me, made my bed every morning, was very touchy (in a good way, not in a clingy way). It was nice.

6. If Russian women are always standoffish before the bang, what are some indicators that you're doing well in an approach? I'm assuming they still ask questions like where you're from and how long you're staying.

What Oldnem said. If they aren't leaving, then they're interested. It took me quite a while to figure this out. But if she's still standing there listening to you, she has some sort of interest. To me this was the biggest shock in picking up. Like I said, in the US I've always felt like I'm a pretty blunt and forward guy, and there were numerous times with Russian women where I was just sitting there, knowing that they must have some interest because they were still there sitting with me, but having no idea what I should be doing. It really exposed my game a bit, and showed me how reliant we in the West actually are on women giving us green lights. Russian women give you no green lights. They expect you to run the red light.

7. Did you dabble in internet game? What have you heard from other guys who have tried it in Russia?

Internet game was money for me in Russia. I got on Mambu.ru and did a search filtered for English speakers, got four girls on a back and forth on there. None of them flaked. Two of them showed up and looked nothing like their pics (some things are universal), and out of the other two, I laid one. The name of the game over there for me was basically "Find the English speaker." Once I found them, my hit rate was extremely high.

I'll add, that by Russian standards I was very good-looking. Average height there is probably 2-3 inches shorter than the US. And I'm 6'2" so I stuck out big time. Most of the guys there are not in good shape either. The dating market there really is amazing. The women are a full 50% hotter and the men are a full 50% uglier. You get these smoking hot girls fighting for attention from these fucking oafs. It's basically the exact opposite of the US.

Yes. I plan on going back for at least the entire summer next year. You do have to go the business visa route. It's paperwork hell and probably going to cost over $800. You can handle the visa issues on the our end or on their end. I think it's a bit cheaper to handle it on their end. The language schools out there and hotels will take care of letters of invitation and submitting paperwork for you, but you still have to submit your passport to the Russian embassy and pay an arm and a leg. You can pay a passport service in the US to do everything for you, but you'll end up paying slightly more most likely.

I photocopied my passport and photocopied proof of registration at my language school. The people at the school told me I needed both on me at all times to avoid police bribes, but I never had any problem.

Again, very detailed report. This is the best Russian datasheet we have in the forum now.

Honestly, some of the other threads on Russia pissed me off. It was a bunch of racism mongering and trashing the girls as shallow, gold-diggers. Russia's by no means a great place to live. But I really liked it over there, so wanted to give it some love.

Great post!!!

"This is not even considered racism in Russia (and I don't consider that racism either); I'd dare to say that wanting to be with your own kind is a natural species survival reaction, which requires a lot of government effort to override. But I can see how this information could be a source of disappointment to the "all white women are craving for the black cock" crowd, so this was a useful note"

"It depends on a lot of things. For example, a well-dressed (think suits) middle-aged black/latino/middle-eastern guy who behaves properly (i.e. NOT the obnoxious look-at-me-everyone way some behave in US) would have no problems at all. But if the same guy is dressed up in a baggy pants and hoodie is unlikely to even make it into any restaurant which has a doorman, not to mention a club. The way you dress up makes huge difference in Russia, hundred times more than in US. So if you go there, choose your clothes very carefully. Especially if you're from the West coast - in this case I suggest to leave all your clothes at home, and just buy them there"

So are you saying a decent black guy would be ok there???

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

I'm a black dude but I plan to make it out to Russia one day, no racist mofos are gonna stop me. Should I be scared for my life?

Thanks oldnem and entropy for the answers.

The women there sound a lot like Polish girls, but in Poland about 50% speak english, minorities are welcome, it's cheaper, the women are more flirty/warm before sex, and you don't have visa issues. Poland can be a fuck fest if you go hard, but unless you speak Russian I don't see if that's possible in Russia. It doesn't sound like Russia has an advantage except for the fact that it's more raw/edgy, which while fun, doesn't really matter to me.

In other words, Russia seems like a harder version of Poland with girls that may be slightly better looking. I still want to check it out, but I've lowered my expectations by quite a bit. If I can go there, bang a few cuties, and not get jumped by skinheads who think I'm muslim, it will be a great success.