rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What's With The Flakiness of People In LA?

I've been here nearly a month and it's disturbing how when you make plans with someone (a girl for a date or a guy to hang out with as a bud) that they don't even show up 95% of the time. Weird thing that I did not see in NYC or Chicago.

Quote: (10-16-2016 04:22 AM)Naughty By Nature Wrote:  

I've been here nearly a month and it's disturbing how when you make plans with someone (a girl for a date or a guy to hang out with as a bud) that they don't even show up 95% of the time. Weird thing that I did not see in NYC or Chicago.

I'm not the biggest fan of LA and I've lived here for most of my life. Some people do really well here (work in entertainment, "know people", high energy clubbers think CMQ) but I'd take a guess the majority of the forum (more intellectual, not playing mass social circle game) would rather station themselves elsewhere and avoid the superficial social scene. There was a mass exodus of high rep forum members from LA a few years back, which somewhat proves my point for the general forum guys looking for greener pastures.

You're right there is a flakey mentality and it isn't restricted to girls. I'm not sure where it stems from but everyone loves leaving options open and has trouble committing. Guys are often the worst culprits of this. I've adapted to it and have set my expectations quite low while spearheading 99% of logistics for whatever planned event to minimize the "what time", "who's going", "where do you park", "will there be traffic" obstacles that are easy avenues to flake.

I can only speak for myself but flake rate from online/nighttime numbers, amongst 18-23 yo girls, are quite high (vs NYC). I've gone through multiple periods of having 3-5 numbers and converting none of them into dates. Often the ones really willing to meet up live out in Winnetka or Fullerton and with the drive it's just not worth it. A lot of young girls are broke and a shocking amount don't even have a car. The talent is definitely out there and often better than many foreign countries but pulling them online/nighttime isn't easy.

A lot of guys say LA is a daygame city. I can see this being true with places like 3rd street promenande, the grove, and old town always packed. I'd say it's best to focus your attention on daygame/social circle unless you're a rockstar at nighttime or are good looking enough and satisfied with low hanging fruit via online. Dealing with flakey numbers, mainly via online/night, is a surefire way to get annoyed and project a lot of negativity. As for guys, most of my good non-flakey friends aren't originally from LA. That male flakiness seems to be most prevalent with LA natives. I'd meet some fellow RVFers if possible and join a gym or start volunteering. Down for a meet up but no one responds when I suggest one [Image: sad.gif]

LA is a very big city. You have to deal with the big city mentality, big egos, etc. The reality is that these girls have many options. All they have to do is go downtown LA or Hollywood and there will be plenty of losers waiting for these girls. It is a shame that a lot of guys take attitude and headache from sluts who don't eve deserve 5 minutes of attention.[Image: huh.gif]

I always pictured LA to be a gaming nightmare for the average cat. You just have so many alphas out there. The top 25% of guys are legitimately rich/handsome/famous. The mid level guy is just a handsome, creative guy with famous aspirations. A 9-5 schlub has to be at the bottom of the totem pole.

Not to mention it's probably a nightmare for an LTR. Hypergamy has to be off the charts with Bradley Cooper and Leo types walking through any spot and taking whoever they want. If someone like that comes in the spot your girl is at you know it's over for you...

I'll put my looks/game/dress up against any finance millionaire in NYC. Going up against Justin Bieber is a different story.

It is a nightmare unforuntely. You would be better off going to a smaller city somewhere else in Southern California such as Anaheim, Irvine, or Santa Barbara than full on LA

I moved out to socal about 3 years ago from NYC, and I immediately noticed this flakiness epidemic.

having a girl flake is.... well not surprising, but grown ass men will come up with silly shit too.

Im in a well off area, so I've noticed the local girls will have an interest in the "east coast" thing, especially if you have an accent, however are so used to being pampered are not worth being around. As for guys 25-35 I have no idea what there excuse is.

I feel the best thing to do is, when it comes to women, don't waste your time if they live over 20' away, there is just to much talent to have to go any further. I find day game to be very effective, they are going to be grocery shopping, drinking coffee, walking their dog near there home, logistics make sense.

All the good friends I've made out here are from some where else, gym & out door activities accelerate this.

Quote: (10-16-2016 09:37 PM)Sikh Warrior Wrote:  

It is a nightmare unforuntely. You would be better off going to a smaller city somewhere else in Southern California such as Anaheim, Irvine, or Santa Barbara than full on LA

Even in the LA area. There's spots like Culver City, Pasadena, San Gabriel, and San Fernando Valley that doesn't have the overwhelming male to female ratio like in the trendy spots of Hollywood, West LA, Santa Monica, Venice where you're competing with high status men with large bank accounts or status.

The L.A. "We'll do lunch" mentality.

It's just a matter of being there. Unless you're some big shot of some kind(or ungodly handsome or have a lot of drugs) odds are you won't get much receptiveness. L.A. is a city where social circle and who you know are huge(if you aren't an extrovert willing to put in a lot of time to get connected leave). Same in Miami or so I hear.

I've learned to accept it

NYC though you can just drop in and have a good time.

L.A. is like a cancerous growth and it annoys me every time I visit, but there's a certain charm to the city I'll admit that. Just don't let that tar pit rot your soul. A certain breed of socially savvy men survive well in L.A. I wouldn't count myself among them. It just made me want to shoot my head off after a while and I was only there for a week last time I was there.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

Quote: (10-16-2016 08:41 PM)Balkan Wrote:  

Quote: (10-16-2016 04:22 AM)Naughty By Nature Wrote:  

I'm not the biggest fan of LA and I've lived here for most of my life. Some people do really well here (work in entertainment, "know people", high energy clubbers think CMQ) but I'd take a guess the majority of the forum (more intellectual, not playing mass social circle game) would rather station themselves elsewhere and avoid the superficial social scene. There was a mass exodus of high rep forum members from LA a few years back, which somewhat proves my point for the general forum guys looking for greener pastures.

You're right there is a flakey mentality and it isn't restricted to girls. I'm not sure where it stems from but everyone loves leaving options open and has trouble committing. Guys are often the worst culprits of this. I've adapted to it and have set my expectations quite low while spearheading 99% of logistics for whatever planned event to minimize the "what time", "who's going", "where do you park", "will there be traffic" obstacles that are easy avenues to flake.

I can only speak for myself but flake rate from online/nighttime numbers, amongst 18-23 yo girls, are quite high (vs NYC). I've gone through multiple periods of having 3-5 numbers and converting none of them into dates. Often the ones really willing to meet up live out in Winnetka or Fullerton and with the drive it's just not worth it. A lot of young girls are broke and a shocking amount don't even have a car. The talent is definitely out there and often better than many foreign countries but pulling them online/nighttime isn't easy.

A lot of guys say LA is a daygame city. I can see this being true with places like 3rd street promenande, the grove, and old town always packed. I'd say it's best to focus your attention on daygame/social circle unless you're a rockstar at nighttime or are good looking enough and satisfied with low hanging fruit via online. Dealing with flakey numbers, mainly via online/night, is a surefire way to get annoyed and project a lot of negativity. As for guys, most of my good non-flakey friends aren't originally from LA. That male flakiness seems to be most prevalent with LA natives. I'd meet some fellow RVFers if possible and join a gym or start volunteering. Down for a meet up but no one responds when I suggest one [Image: sad.gif]

Excellent post, bro.

Yeah, it's crazy. I've basically only done day game, too, and these girls are still flaking left and right. Some black babe at Hooters said I had "electric energy" yet still ignored all my texts. LOL, so fake.

I'm just gonna have to accept it and focus on the fact I'm taking persistent action and just let the chips falls where they may.

I've gotta check out those places you listed. I've just pimped it in Hollywood but mostly Target (the store), lol. Some mall game, too.

I'm down to meet up, bud. Feel free to send a PM.

Quote: (10-16-2016 08:43 PM)Sikh Warrior Wrote:  

LA is a very big city. You have to deal with the big city mentality, big egos, etc. The reality is that these girls have many options. All they have to do is go downtown LA or Hollywood and there will be plenty of losers waiting for these girls. It is a shame that a lot of guys take attitude and headache from sluts who don't eve deserve 5 minutes of attention.[Image: huh.gif]

Will keep this in mind moving forward.

Quote: (10-16-2016 09:35 PM)Graft Wrote:  

I always pictured LA to be a gaming nightmare for the average cat. You just have so many alphas out there. The top 25% of guys are legitimately rich/handsome/famous. The mid level guy is just a handsome, creative guy with famous aspirations. A 9-5 schlub has to be at the bottom of the totem pole.

Not to mention it's probably a nightmare for an LTR. Hypergamy has to be off the charts with Bradley Cooper and Leo types walking through any spot and taking whoever they want. If someone like that comes in the spot your girl is at you know it's over for you...

I'll put my looks/game/dress up against any finance millionaire in NYC. Going up against Justin Bieber is a different story.

FAWCK, very valid point! What do you believe are the best cities for game for a non-celeb/dude making less than 8-figures, lol?

Good call, partner. What other cities throughout America would you recommend?

Quote: (10-16-2016 09:37 PM)Begriff Wrote:  

I moved out to socal about 3 years ago from NYC, and I immediately noticed this flakiness epidemic.

having a girl flake is.... well not surprising, but grown ass men will come up with silly shit too.

Im in a well off area, so I've noticed the local girls will have an interest in the "east coast" thing, especially if you have an accent, however are so used to being pampered are not worth being around. As for guys 25-35 I have no idea what there excuse is.

I feel the best thing to do is, when it comes to women, don't waste your time if they live over 20' away, there is just to much talent to have to go any further. I find day game to be very effective, they are going to be grocery shopping, drinking coffee, walking their dog near there home, logistics make sense.

All the good friends I've made out here are from some where else, gym & out door activities accelerate this.

Yeah, it's hella whack. I just moved to Studio City. I was in Woodland Hills (a hotel then AirBNB) for the first few weeks. Hopefully I find some bad bitches out here. At least I do see them walking around.

Quote: (10-16-2016 11:11 PM)Clemmo Wrote:  

Even in the LA area. There's spots like Culver City, Pasadena, San Gabriel, and San Fernando Valley that doesn't have the overwhelming male to female ratio like in the trendy spots of Hollywood, West LA, Santa Monica, Venice where you're competing with high status men with large bank accounts or status.

Thanks man. Will keep this in mind. I'm in the San Fernando Valley so hopefully that works in my favor.

Quote: (10-16-2016 11:29 PM)Comte De St. Germain Wrote:  

The L.A. "We'll do lunch" mentality.

It's just a matter of being there. Unless you're some big shot of some kind(or ungodly handsome or have a lot of drugs) odds are you won't get much receptiveness. L.A. is a city where social circle and who you know are huge(if you aren't an extrovert willing to put in a lot of time to get connected leave). Same in Miami or so I hear.

I've learned to accept it

NYC though you can just drop in and have a good time.

L.A. is like a cancerous growth and it annoys me every time I visit, but there's a certain charm to the city I'll admit that. Just don't let that tar pit rot your soul. A certain breed of socially savvy men survive well in L.A. I wouldn't count myself among them. It just made me want to shoot my head off after a while and I was only there for a week last time I was there.

FAWCK! Well said, partner. Love that "tar pit" quote, haha!

On a more positive note, at least the scenery is unmatched for an American city. Hills, mountains, beaches, palm trees, pacific coastline. I went to Runyon Canyon Park a week ago. Simply majestic.

LA is a gaming nightmare

-the most entitled women in the nation

-price of pussy is high, price of dick is low

-worst logistics of any major city in America. absolute worst.

-shitty nightgame because of the above factors

-flake rates off the chart because of the above

-LA is a GREAT city for women because they can get all the dick, attention, and validation they want and they can be picky with men who are above them. Hence making it a horrible city for men

LA. I once went on a date there, and the girl went from making out with me to saying she was going home to "hang out" with her neighbor who is "a Kings player". Switched over from me to ultra-alpha dude in a split second, no shame. Also fuck the traffic.

Quote: (10-17-2016 06:47 PM)MidJack Wrote:  

LA. I once went on a date there, and the girl went from making out with me to saying she was going home to "hang out" with her neighbor who is "a Kings player". Switched over from me to ultra-alpha dude in a split second, no shame. Also fuck the traffic.

Rude woman.

Quote: (10-17-2016 03:39 PM)Unchained Wrote:  

LA is a gaming nightmare

-the most entitled women in the nation

-price of pussy is high, price of dick is low

-worst logistics of any major city in America. absolute worst.

-shitty nightgame because of the above factors

-flake rates off the chart because of the above

-LA is a GREAT city for women because they can get all the dick, attention, and validation they want and they can be picky with men who are above them. Hence making it a horrible city for men

haha, well said, playa

Also keep in mind that LA has one of the worst m/f ratios in the country. Every American city is a sausagefest by any metric you care to use in the 20-39 demographic, but LA is particularly bad.

http://jonathansoma.com/singles/#2/5/2/0

75 unmatched men per 1000 women - it's nearly as bad as tech-nerd filled Seattle or San Francisco. San Diego is worse at 125.

By comparison, NYC destroys it at 35. Even Chicago, Boston and Providence, RI are theoretical game paradises at around 40-50.

Boston's m/f spread in the 20-39 demo is only 28 unmatched men per 1000 women, and most clubs I go to never look any better than 50-50 on the best of nights. The average LA or San Francisco night spot that doesn't cater to ballers must look like gay bars. I can completely understand how guys in that environment who are above average in looks, financially secure with good game like I'm sure Balkan above is are having multiple 6es a week flake on them who are 26, barely employed, broke as fuck and don't even have a car.

Though in a sense it hardly matters because night game is pretty much dead as a doornail in the feminist-heavy Northeast. In LA SNLs with club girls is likely still actually a possibility. Baltimore and Washington, DC also look great on paper if you only look at the ratios, but we know they suck.

Quote: (10-18-2016 12:34 AM)XPQ22 Wrote:  

Also keep in mind that LA has one of the worst m/f ratios in the country. Every American city is a sausagefest by any metric you care to use in the 20-39 demographic, but LA is particularly bad.

75 unmatched men per 1000 women - it's nearly as bad as tech-nerd filled Seattle or San Francisco. San Diego is worse at 125.

By comparison, NYC destroys it at 35. Even Chicago, Boston and Providence, RI are theoretical game paradises at around 40-50.

Boston's m/f spread in the 20-39 demo is only 28 unmatched men per 1000 women, and most clubs I go to never look any better than 50-50 on the best of nights. The average LA or San Francisco night spot that doesn't cater to ballers must look like gay bars. I can completely understand how guys in that environment who are above average in looks, financially secure with good game like I'm sure Balkan above is are having multiple 6es a week flake on them who are 26, barely employed, broke as fuck and don't even have a car.

Though in a sense it hardly matters because night game is pretty much dead as a doornail in the feminist-heavy Northeast. In LA SNLs with club girls is likely still actually a possibility. Baltimore and Washington, DC also look great on paper if you only look at the ratios, but we know they suck.

You think LA has decent nightgame or even better than the Northeast when bartenders are saying last call at 1:30am and flicking on the lights at 1:45? Hahaha

Single night lay in LA is really only possible when the stars align and logistics actually make sense. Let's say you live and game in some of the most expensive parts of the city Weho and Santa Monica you met a hot 21 year old blonde or Asian or whatever ethnicity you prefer. Vibe is good, you shared a few drinks and got through the bitch shield and then madeout.

Lights come on in the club and you invite her to your place whether a hotel or apartment just 4 blocks away, should be solid right? Well, she lives in Orange County and rode to the club with her 3 hot girlfriends. One of the girls is complaining that she is hungry, one of the girls just got an invite on social media to a party in the Hollywood hills tonight by some reality tv star, and the sober DD is a complete bitch and pulling the girl you just made out with into the car.

But you number closed her right? So you can just roll down to OC next weekend and close down there, no? Well in the time between when you last saw her she now has an additional 180 Tinder matches and ended up banging one, a college frat brother at UC Irvine or an aspiring model/rapper/actor on Wednesday night. Welcome to LA nightlife!

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Quote: (10-18-2016 03:58 AM)azulsombra Wrote:  

Let's say you live and game in some of the most expensive parts of the city Weho and Santa Monica you met a hot 21 year old blonde or Asian or whatever ethnicity you prefer.

<snip>

Well in the time between when you last saw her she now has an additional 180 Tinder matches and ended up banging one, a college frat brother at UC Irvine or an aspiring model/rapper/actor on Wednesday night. Welcome to LA nightlife!

Yep, that's the problem. If I were forced to attempt game in LA, I'd likely use a similar strategy to the one I use in Boston - I try to avoid the downtown/trendy areas entirely.

Boston's downtown is compact, but the metro area is large; not as large as LA certainly, but still very spread out. The most straightforward bangs I had over the past year were with girls who lived in the 'burbs significantly outside the city center. Salem, about 25 miles north. Worcester, to the west. Plymouth and Providence, to the south.

When I first started I was really miffed that I didn't have logistics in the city. At this point, I don't care as much, cuz plenty of these suburban girls are hot and gaming them is way easier than running up against the bitch shields of the city girls who have offers pouring in from all sides.

Even the 5's around here have license to be flakey cunts, if they can afford to sublet a dingy third story one bedroom down the road from Harvard U. for $1700 a month.

Trying to run up against ballers in OC or Santa Monica if you're not one sounds like a false economy. Maybe the quality is so fantastically better than what you could find further out that it's worth grinding on, though, I haven't been there in a long time so I can't say for certain.

LA was made for the car.

Quote: (10-18-2016 05:33 AM)XPQ22 Wrote:  

Let's say you live and game in some of the most expensive parts of the city Weho and Santa Monica you met a hot 21 year old blonde or Asian or whatever ethnicity you prefer.

<snip>

Well in the time between when you last saw her she now has an additional 180 Tinder matches and ended up banging one, a college frat brother at UC Irvine or an aspiring model/rapper/actor on Wednesday night. Welcome to LA nightlife!

Trying to run up against ballers in OC or Santa Monica if you're not one sounds like a false economy.

Agreed.
I'm not advocating going head to head with millionaires. I'm just stating the reality that even a guy in his 20s with good looks, good game, earning in the upper 5 figures with great logistics by LA standards but no fame or connections will still frequently miss out on the SNL with hot girls due to factors largely outside of his control.

<snip>

LA was made for the car.
100%

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

I often wonder if "L.A flakiness" is just a West Coast thing in general. This was extremely common in Seattle too. Luckily I had my Coast Guard buddies for male companionship, but when it came to the girls, things were just as bad, if not worse with making plans and arrangements.

Portland is pretty bad too from what I heard, and I met a guy who was from the East Coast originally but now lives in San Francisco complaining about the same thing there.

The laid back mentality is cool because you're dealing with less assholes and less confrontation. But it sucks for making friendships and dating girls.

Quote: (10-18-2016 12:34 AM)XPQ22 Wrote:  

You think LA has decent nightgame or even better than the Northeast when bartenders are saying last call at 1:30am and flicking on the lights at 1:45? Hahaha

Single night lay in LA is really only possible when the stars align and logistics actually make sense. Let's say you live and game in some of the most expensive parts of the city Weho and Santa Monica you met a hot 21 year old blonde or Asian or whatever ethnicity you prefer. Vibe is good, you shared a few drinks and got through the bitch shield and then madeout.

Lights come on in the club and you invite her to your place whether a hotel or apartment just 4 blocks away, should be solid right? Well, she lives in Orange County and rode to the club with her 3 hot girlfriends. One of the girls is complaining that she is hungry, one of the girls just got an invite on social media to a party in the Hollywood hills tonight by some reality tv star, and the sober DD is a complete bitch and pulling the girl you just made out with into the car.

But you number closed her right? So you can just roll down to OC next weekend and close down there, no? Well in the time between when you last saw her she now has an additional 180 Tinder matches and ended up banging one, a college frat brother at UC Irvine or an aspiring model/rapper/actor on Wednesday night. Welcome to LA nightlife!

Nothing but truth. Can't wait to leave this city.