rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Progressives: Science Must Fall

Panel (safe space) on "Decolonizing Science"

H/T @bunkerwsmith

She can send lighting to someone with voodoo magic black power.
So science is a hoax.
Convincing argument.

These people are mentally ill, I hope and pray Crooked Hillary doesn't steal the election or it will just further empower filth like this.

[Image: DeLHSSF.png]

"Abide by the rules"

Women get their power from the rules, almost never from respect, admiration or even fear from others. Women in the workforce will constantly try to quote the rules (when it suits them) to get men in line, that's why they're constantly running to HR to complain. When push comes to shove and a man won't fall in line, women rush to an authority figure knowing they don't possess authority or respect in themselves.

Quote: (10-14-2016 02:12 PM)eskimobobseal Wrote:  

These people are mentally ill, I hope and pray Crooked Hillary doesn't steal the election or it will just further empower filth like this.

These people are exactly what the left wants more of. Moronic, yet convinced of their own intelligence - and completely dependent on the government for life.

Notice at the end, after she finishes speaking she immediately whips out her smartphone.

"Abolish science! And don't forget to like me on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram!"

The "safe space" anti intellectualism has been well and truly embraced even in South Africa

So she "did science" in high school and she didn't like it?

I'm really confused by this video.

Is she also saying there is no gravity in certain parts of Africa?

Aloha!

The crux of this comes down to the scientific method invalidating every ounce of bullshit the left can produce.

I heard an article in this vein on the radio the other day and I had to do a double take. The premise was that when the scientific method disproved politically correct thought then the science had to go. "Science", they said, "was a construct created by men and therefore enforced hetero-normative and patriarchal outcomes."

Exile! Exile! Exile!

Out! Out! Out!

I cannot suffer these people any longer.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

This is not an attack on science per se, it's an attack on reason.

They have used exactly the same offended rhetoric regarding due process and trials, i.e. let's substitute believing in feeling and emotion (an accusation) for properly examining the facts and seeing whether those facts support the likelihood of an alleged criminal event taking place.

The difference between most leftists of today and most of leftists of yesteryear is that many in the past rarely believed the bullshit they told people. Nowadays countless leftists can't see the difference.

Born Down Under, but I enjoy Slovakian Thunder: http://slovakia.travel/en/nove-zamky

Quote: (10-14-2016 02:12 PM)eskimobobseal Wrote:  

That was my idea as well. These people are insane. Not just the speaker in the first 20 seconds I could stand to listen to, but the rest of the group that enthusiastIcally wants to listen to it.

There's a popular saying that the definition of insanity is doing something over expecting different results. It's a humorous bit of word play, but I think it's dangerously untrue.

True insanity is wrapping yourself up in an imaginary constructed worldview that is so far off base from reality that it causes you to do insane things that make sense in your warped reality. Things like overthrowing science because it hurts SJW feels.

Unfortunately, by this standard, the whole world is going insane. Most of the modern leftist platform would have been universally recognized as insane by nearly all western adults 50 years ago.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

Easier to live in juvenile fantasy as opposed to cold harsh reality.

Feminist adult colouring books attest to that.

Don't worry guys, time is working in our favor. If these are the type of graduates that universities are churning out today then the end of Western civilization is perhaps a decade at most away. It'll all come crashing down.

"The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."
– Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

Quote: (10-15-2016 02:20 AM)david.garrett84 Wrote:  

This is not an attack on science per se, it's an attack on reason.

They have used exactly the same offended rhetoric regarding due process and trials, i.e. let's substitute believing in feeling and emotion (an accusation) for properly examining the facts and seeing whether those facts support the likelihood of an alleged criminal event taking place.

The difference between most leftists of today and most of leftists of yesteryear is that many in the past rarely believed the bullshit they told people. Nowadays countless leftists can't see the difference.

Somewhere in the last week, maybe here, I read an interesting comparison of Western vs. Islamic cultural mindsets that relates to your first paragraph, and which I was reminded of by her "Western Africa, Northern Africa" bit about gravity.

I think the key word was "dehellenization". It had to do with a certain 'fatalistic' mindset within Islam winning out in the 900s, which held that since Allah controls the universe and everything in it, every phenomenon observed is a conscious decision by Allah and not the result of impersonal, consistent "forces of nature". Therefore any effort to investigate nature and derive from observation a set of universal, predictable laws for how it operates is futile (if not actually blasphemous) because Allah cannot be bound in his actions within his creation by any rules within that creation - every natural phenomenon is therefore a direct manifestation of Allah's conscious will, and he can change his mind from one moment to the next. This mindset won out among the leading clerics of the day, and they set about purging the competing, more Hellenic view of an ordered, impersonal physical world of natural laws out of Islam in a sort of "anti-enlightenment".

The article made the point that this "dehellenization" was beginning in the West right now, with among other things these critical-theory-based notions that "lived experience" is a better guide to reality than observed facts, consistent reasoning and logic, repeatable experimental demonstration, and predictive power. The feelings-trump-science BS described is exactly what this young woman was getting at with her notions of rebooting science from scratch based on "African knowledge and experiences". 'Decolonization' may be the particular path by which she discovered this anti-rational poison, but the idea is widespread in feminism and other radical movements throughout the West.

Added: a not-bad synopsis on Infogalactic: https://infogalactic.com/info/Dehellenization

Quote: (10-15-2016 12:31 AM)Kona Wrote:  

So she "did science" in high school and she didn't like it?

I'm really confused by this video.

Is she also saying there is no gravity in certain parts of Africa?

Aloha!

Where ever the dumb bitch is I'd say there's too much gravity. The blood rushed to her feet starving her brain. Kinda explains why she's a dumb fuck.

I made it 35 seconds then had to shut it off.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

SJWs are mentally ill, but with powerful obsession of dictating and trying to force others to obey them

Quote: (10-15-2016 11:10 AM)TheFinalEpic Wrote:  

I too found it challenging to balance the delight in watching an SJW trainwreck (particularly the coerced apology via the Matrix ghost-twin hosting the forum) with the ear-flensing pain caused by the speaker's accent.

Quote: (10-15-2016 11:12 AM)torid Wrote:  

SJWs are mentally ill, but with powerful obsession of dictating and trying to force others to obey them

Exactly. She resides in Africa. If she really wants to "decolonize" her mind by abandoning all Western science, what is stopping her from leaving it all behind and joining one of the nomadic tribes or rural villages where they haven't internalized the totalizing rational brain-rape of Western modernity?

Two things. One, she will not under any circumstances give up the trinkets and comforts and conveniences brought to her by "Western modernity" and "Western science". Unless her "African ways of knowledge" include not merely sending the lightning but some form of social media I'm unaware of.

Two, it's not about her doing anything, it never is with these types, it's about everyone else giving up "Western modernity" and science. She's not content to disagree with others on the matter and do for herself what she thinks is right, and live how she things she should live. She actually tells the guy who verbally disagrees with her (and then gets punished for it, on the spot), that he needs to reeducate himself until he agrees with her - that his view is invalid, even pathological, and is something that needs to be corrected not tolerated. Like all SJWs and social reformers and such, she knows best, she's already done the hard think-work of coming up with the right idea - now it's everyone else's job to fall in line and do what she wants, whether they agree or not. Where's the joy in being right if you can't use your rightness coerce others to submit to you?

Sometimes I wonder if I've unfairly demonized SJWs, if I've dismissed otherwise good people based off of their gravely-mistaken beliefs.

Then I see shit like this, and remember that yeah, they really are that bad. May the entire academic industrial complex burn to the ground.

If you skip to the end, it's basically a restatement of the beginning. The girl says they need to end science and "start over"

But yeah the whole middle part is that annoying panelist engaging in an excessive lecturing of someone who laughed at the comment about magic.

Quote: (10-15-2016 03:16 PM)Alsos Wrote:  

I too found it challenging to balance the delight in watching an SJW trainwreck (particularly the coerced apology via the Matrix ghost-twin hosting the forum) with the ear-flensing pain caused by the speaker's accent.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought that.

[Image: Twins300px.png]

Chicago Tribe.

My podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr and Cobra.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic

Quote: (10-14-2016 11:22 PM)Alsos Wrote:  

Notice at the end, after she finishes speaking she immediately whips out her smartphone.

"Abolish science! And don't forget to like me on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram!"

Decry Western Civilization, science and the scientific mode of thought. Enthusiastically use a technological device made and sustained due to the advances of science and the scientific mode of thought as practiced because of Western Civilization. Choose both.

I would happily:

1. Take that phone right out of her hand. "What? I'm trying to save you from that nasty Honky-Cracker science."

2. Drag her onto a plane and parachute her into a jungle in Africa. Straight into the arms of Boko Haram or Joseph Kony. "There. Now the horrible science can't oppress you. You're welcome."

Back in ancient times people this dumb were fed to crocodiles for shits and giggles.