rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Films about teachers/mentors/guys who made it, from beta to alpha, etc.

lets have a thread like that

post films inspirational and educational films to motivate and aware us
films about great men,idols,guys who went from beta to alpha
about guys who made it
about mentors who train beta guys to become AF
you get my point

here's my ultimate suggestion,the count of monte cristo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzRSVl8UewM

Ferris Beuller and Fast Times at Ridgemont High have some good comparisons of Alpha and Beta guys, and attempts at transitions. Those guys don't go all the way to alpha, but you can see realistic attempts, so i think these films are valuable, Ferris more for the inspiriation to seize the day, FTaRH more for explaining that everyone has set backs, even the alpha guys and girls, and that success is a journey rather than a destination.

Limitless
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TLppsfzQH8)

Imagine doing what he does without the pill; through practice, meditation, clean living, reading, learning, and relentless focus on improvement.

I really liked Stand and Deliver.

Except they all really did cheat!

Quote: (10-13-2016 11:23 AM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

Yeah, and wasn't there a scene where a girl got her mom's permission to take the class by telling her, "I'm doing this so I don't have to depend on some dumb guy the rest of my life"? That was some nice feminist indoctrination. They showed us that film in Algebra II class, I think with the intent of teaching why we should feel motivated and inspired to study math.

Quote: (10-13-2016 12:06 PM)RaymondKertezc Wrote:  

Quote: (10-13-2016 11:23 AM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

Yeah, and wasn't there a scene where a girl got her mom's permission to take the class by telling her, "I'm doing this so I don't have to depend on some dumb guy the rest of my life"? That was some nice feminist indoctrination. They showed us that film in Algebra II class, I think with the intent of teaching why we should feel motivated and inspired to study math.

Shit did we go to the same school? I watched it in Algebra class too!

Quote: (10-13-2016 12:41 PM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

Former classroom teacher here: movie day = teacher sits back and relaxes. It's like a day off [Image: banana.gif]

I wonder how many young people have been inspired to go into teaching by Dead Poets Society, idealistically thinking they could make a difference.

guys make sure you post a link too

great debaters is on this topic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN2AGZThL-8

coach Carter defenately is on this topic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znyAnWUYf2g

I know it's not a film, but "Breaking Bad" would certainly qualify, albeit in a strange sort of way.

Quote: (10-13-2016 12:53 PM)ElFlaco Wrote:  

Quote: (10-13-2016 12:41 PM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

Former classroom teacher here: movie day = teacher sits back and relaxes. It's like a day off [Image: banana.gif]

I wonder how many young people have been inspired to go into teaching by Dead Poets Society, idealistically thinking they could make a difference.

Day off for the kids too!

I remember we all made it a game to get the teacher distracted and talk about nonsensical things in the classroom. Always loved those days haha.

scent of a woman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=losLAzU9YCk

Falling Down.

Although maybe that's more of a "Beta Uprising".

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Scarface

karate kid

the mask of Zoro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uczLtpWF_cY

Midnight in Paris by Woody Allen gets a vote from me.

Owen Wilson plays a typical melancholic writer who is bossed around by his girlfriend with wealthy parents.

While visiting Paris, by means never explained in the movie, he is transported back into time where he meets different writers and artists during their prime who are also facing their unique problems.

Lovely movie with a lot of charm in which I especially loved the scenes with Hemmingway and Dali.

‘All cowardice comes from not loving or not loving well.’

Dali and his rhinoceros.

I propose this movie because there is one wonderful scene where Wilsons character shoves a boot into the assess of the pretentious snobs.

At the end he ditches the basic bitch for a quality French woman.

Romans 8:31 - 'What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?'

My notes.

Mike Cernovich Compilation 2015 | 2016

The Gold from Bold

Quote: (10-15-2016 06:00 AM)Guriko Wrote:  

Midnight in Paris by Woody Allen gets a vote from me.

Owen Wilson plays a typical melancholic writer who is bossed around by his girlfriend with wealthy parents.

While visiting Paris, by means never explained in the movie, he is transported back into time where he meets different writers and artists during their prime who are also facing their unique problems.

Lovely movie with a lot of charm in which I especially loved the scenes with Hemmingway and Dali.

thats very intresting m8

looking for Eric is on the same note
a loser man imagines his idol,Eric Cadona,helping him

Josh Gad's character in The Wedding Ringer, Doug Harris.

Doug is a beta nice guy about to marry Gretchen (Kaley Cuoco); even though its established in the film that she used to date good looking jerks. She walks all over him and he spoils her financially.

He hires Jimmy (Kevin Hart) to pretend to be his best man; Jimmy also brings his buddies to be groomsmen. This is because Doug has no male friends and he hires them behind his fiancee's back.

When Doug starts hanging around the guys, he feels like one of them. He never felt so alive or confident in his life. He slowly starts losing blue pill tendencies the longer he hangs out with Jimmy and the guys.

On the wedding day Doug overhears Jimmy congratulating Gretchen privately but she instead complains about the wedding, she reveals to Jimmy she only married Doug because she's ready to settle down.

Soon afterwards when making a toast in front of the whole audience, Doug dumps Gretchen in an alpha red pill way. The film ends with Jimmy, Doug and the guys having a guys trip to Tahiti.

Its a comedy film but with that title I didn't expect such a red pill movie. Completely caught me by surprise.

Definitely recommend this film.

Lester Burnham's transformation in American Beauty from your prototypical beta male into a man of action is an excellent red pill example (and the movie is phenomenal as well):

American Beauty hands down.

Falling down.

I never really analyzed it from a neomasculine perspective, but Pursuit of Happiness is a good movie about a man rising above his circumstances.

Quote: (10-13-2016 10:10 AM)jamaltyrone Wrote:  

here's my ultimate suggestion,the count of monte cristo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzRSVl8UewM

Pay close attention to the mannerisms and body language of Jim Caviezel.
Women go fucking nuts for this guy and it has very little to do with his looks.
He just has "it" and by "it" I mean - the mannerisms, body language, aura, presence, of an Alpha Male.

Even better, watch his Facial Expressions in the movie Escape Plan (the one with Arnold and Stallone)
This is the EPITOME of Dark Triad, Sociopathic, Psychopathic, Cocky, Arrogant Prick - AKA "Get Laid Machine"

[Image: EscapePlan_Patek1.jpg]

[Image: cavizel.jpg]

[Image: cc612456b3d62b3fd020c9c2f482fd90.jpg]

Basically: "Respect the Cock" Face

Quote: (10-15-2016 12:20 PM)Bobb Johnson Wrote:  

Josh Gad's character in The Wedding Ringer, Doug Harris.

so i watchd it yesterday
didnt like it
but what he did in the end was quite cool

Im gonna throw one in here you guys may not expect.

Initial D, the live action movie. Spoiler alert ahead.

[Image: initial-d-live-action-movie-now-on-itunes1.jpg]

For those who are out of the loop, or just not into cars, Initial D is based on an old-school anime from the 90's about street racing and the drift/car culture of Japan. It is also a very popular and difficult arcade game. It also made the Toyota AE86 a legend in the car community.

The plot revolves around a young kid who delivers tofu to customers' houses from his dad's tofu shop in the early morning hours.

His father was once a driving legend decades ago in the Toyota the boy now drives, but the man's wife left him and the pressures of life ended his driving career.
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

He has no interest in racing or becoming a drift champion, however his father sets him strict timelines for his blocks of tofu to be delivered to customers houses in tact and in one piece. In addition, every morning before the kid leaves the store, his dad puts a small cup of water in the car's cupholder and warns him if he spills a single drop during the drive that he will smack the shit out of him when he returns. He is secretly training his son to be the most formidable driver in the mountains of Japan.

[Image: initial-d-the-movie-title.jpg]

Of course there is a girl, and the boy is madly in love with her. She ticks all the boxes, feminine, innocent, sweet and submissive. Even his cynical chain-smoking father approves of her.
[Image: initial_d_live_action_movie_09.jpg]
However there is a mysterious unknown stranger she has to break away and talk to peridically through the movie.

Long story short, he gets called out by the current drift kings who recognize his legendary car for back in his father's day. Under the instruction of his dad he kicks the shit out of everybody, including the main rival, who drove a way faster car.

As for the girl, it turns out that the mysterious stranger she would break off to talk to was her sugar daddy.

This is the part where we cringe and expect him to get all beta and accept her past for what it is, right? Wrong. He tells her to fuck off, and drives his AE86 into the Japanese sunset.

[Image: initial-d-the-live-action-movie-20050404053618207.jpg]

I liked this movie because it had a strong element of the bond between father and son. About being humble but ready to fuck shit up if need be. And finally, being able to tell a girl to fuck off, no matter how good she seems on paper. For these reasons I would recommend watching this movie. Bonus if you're a car guy as well.