rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Gable Tostee On Trial For Murder After Girl Fell Off Balcony Due To Her Own Stupidity

Gable Tostee On Trial For Murder After Girl Fell Off Balcony Due To Her Own Stupidity

Quote:Quote:

IT WAS terror. Sheer, unmistakeable terror. [Love how the journalists are parroting the prosecution's case as if it's established fact.]

When the cries of Warriena Wright rang out, via an audio recording, across the Brisbane Supreme Court on Tuesday, the chilling tape left no question the 26-year-old was in fear for her life [great media *impartiality*, again] in the moments before she plunged to her death from the balcony of Gable Tostee’s 14th floor Gold Coast apartment.

The voice of Tostee, which had, in the recordings played on Monday, seemed so calm and rational, suddenly turned.

The Crown earlier argued it could best be described as threatening and intimidating. [This is much more non-partisan reporting, but too late.]

Witness after witness on Tuesday testified that there was something different about these screams.

They were not just regular cries, according to James Evans, who was passing by the Avalon Apartments when Ms Wright fell from the 14th floor balcony of the apartment belonging to Tostee on August 8, 2014.

“It wasn’t just an ordinary scream. It was a terrified scream,” he testified.

He then heard what he described as “a large bang”. Minutes later, he saw a man later identified as Tostee running from the apartment building on foot.

Nick Casey, a hairdresser, was visiting a friend in the apartment two levels beneath that belonging to Tostee, when he heard cries for help from above.

When he went to the balcony and looked up, he saw a woman lowering herself over the balustrade.

“I heard her say, ‘I want to go home’. I heard her say, ‘help’ and at that point I said to her, ‘go back inside’ and it wasn’t long after that she fell.”

Mr Casey’s may well have been the last voice Ms Wright ever heard.

“She fell straight past where I was standing on the balcony and ricocheted off a few balconies below us and kept on going to the ground,” he said.

http://www.news.com.au/national/queensla...a474f631fd

A complicated but stupid case. There are many news stories about this and none of them really encapsulates the general facts, as they're all too focused in portraying her as an automatic victim (and not of her own stupidity).

Basic story is:
- Gable Tostee met a New Zealander girl, Warriena Wright, on Tinder (she was on holiday as part of her attending a wedding here in Australia)
- They went to his Gold Coast apartment, drank, watched a movie, had sex
- The sex was quite rough
- She could not handle her liquor and became very violent (even the prosecution admits this)
- Actually, scratch the first half of that last part out - she became very violent just because she could
- She started trashing his things as well
- She threw rocks at him, allegedly hit him with a telescope
- She threatened to call the police (likely crime: him having sex with a psycho bitch)
- He restrained her, put her on the balcony and locked the door
- She went dangling off the edge (presumably to get to the balcony of the apartment below)
- She fell off and died (his apartment was on the 14th floor/15th in American terminology)

Features/background of Gable:
- Clearly an unconventional guy
- Socially awkward, to the point where he could at one stage credibly claim autism (this diagnosis was later denied by a doctor, but he was evaluated as having social anxiety etc)
- Despite his womanizing, a loner
- Has served jail time for a previous incident involving a police chase. In fact, he served this time after the balcony incident

The reality of Gable's situation is this:
1. Recording his sexual encounters, at least the audio of them, has saved his neck from a certain murder conviction. Now the odds of conviction are "merely" probable. Of course, the general public and any white knight judge/jury are likely to construe the recording of these encounters by Tostee as some sort of very nefarious character trait. But imagine where he would be without having done this.
2. In almost no other situation would charges of this ridiculous nature be laid. The girl did not deserve to die, yet she was remarkably stupid. Plus, if she was attacking him and breaking his stuff, what do you do? If you strike her even reasonably in self-defence/to protect your property, you're done for assault. I've mulled over whether locking the door was the right thing to do, but in the heat of the moment, you have to give some leeway to the person (Tostee) being attacked.
3. The prosecution is saying in no uncertain terms that Warriena Wright "feared for her life." Um, so why did she attack him for no reason? I love how a woman can flip out, trash your place, and assault you, but when you contain her aggressiveness without knocking her out, she's suddenly fearing for her life.
4. Social media has ensured this guy will NEVER get a fair trial. Men promising to maim or kill him/wishing him death, women wishing him death and calling him a creepy murderer...
5. Massive amounts of attention-whoring is going on through girls claiming they either met him in person or spoke with him on Tinder. This guy got around on Tinder, that much is true, but it seems some girls are just promulgating their "stories" to sound important. Even the ones telling the truth about having interactions with him are a sight to behold for their "I told you so" post-incident boasting.
6. Unless you sleep, eat, work and do other things monotonously, your otherwise harmless idiosyncrasies will be used against you. Gable was not the most popular or slick kid at school, so he had to learn things on the fly as an adult. As a result, and perhaps for other reasons, his mannerisms, lifestyle and habits are far from "average". In the context of the trial, they are therefore seen as unacceptable and supposedly make him "creepy" and "predatory".

[Image: c031c38adc2d31ff9321830fe48743de]

Born Down Under, but I enjoy Slovakian Thunder: http://slovakia.travel/en/nove-zamky

That sucks

I really genuinely feel for this guy. You have some loony chick over for some fun under the covers, she gets wasted , she trashes your place and attacks you, you tell her to leave- she responds with more aggression. You put her crazy ass on the balcony and tell her "I will let you go but stop attacking me first". Dumb drunk bitch tries to climb down, falls and dies-and everyone acts like it is your fault. How does the guy win in this situation?

Delicious Tacos is the voice of my generation....

Quote: (10-11-2016 06:43 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  

I really genuinely feel for this guy. You have some loony chick over for some fun under the covers, she gets wasted , she trashes your place and attacks you, you tell her to leave- she responds with more aggression. You put her crazy ass on the balcony and tell her "I will let you go but stop attacking me first". Dumb drunk bitch tries to climb down, falls and dies-and everyone acts like it is your fault. How does the guy win in this situation?

By recording video of her with your cell phone once she's locked out on the balcony.

Why not the front door?

Just saying... This is why the sleeper hold should be learned.

"Shh. Shh. Just let it happen..."

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Every article on this situation has a closed comments section. That is telling, because the truth is always in the comments section.

Delicious Tacos is the voice of my generation....

Quote: (10-11-2016 07:27 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  

Every article on this situation has a closed comments section. That is telling, because the truth is always in the comments section.

IT doesn't actually. This kind of thing evokes highly emotional responses, mainly from women and white knights, who have tried and convicted this man before it's impartially reviewed by the legal system.

Look "Gable Tostee" up on Facebook and all of the news articles are from Cosmopolitan, Kidspot etc. all publications who are mainly read by women aged 25-50.

Am I supposed to know who gable tostee is?

Is he famous, or just an Australian murderer with a real shitty name?

According to google that's all there is about him.

Aloha!

Quote: (10-11-2016 08:40 PM)Kona Wrote:  

Aloha!

do u even lift bro?

Quote: (10-11-2016 07:59 PM)CodyB Wrote:  

Quote: (10-11-2016 07:27 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  

IT doesn't actually. This kind of thing evokes highly emotional responses, mainly from women and white knights, who have tried and convicted this man before it's impartially reviewed by the legal system.

Look "Gable Tostee" up on Facebook and all of the news articles are from Cosmopolitan, Kidspot etc. all publications who are mainly read by women aged 25-50.

Lest I may play devil's advocate, aren't we doing the same thing on the defendant's behalf, in absolving him of any complicity by flipping the mens rea onto the deceased as "FRA/sexual remorse backfires fatally after yet another dumb bitch goes crazy" -- the OP framing kind of puts it in no doubt who is and isn't guilty.

If the defendant has grounds for a full acquittal, what exactly are the charges against him?

Lesson: avoid Kiwi sluts.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Aloha!

He's a Gold Coast (Queensland) man who had an ONS with some Kiwi shlyucha off Tinder, then she wanted to leave, he told her to be a good girl, then she tried to climb off the balcony before falling to her death.

See also:

http://en.kingswiki.com/wiki/Gable_Tostee
http://en.kingswiki.com/wiki/Warriena_Wright

,,Я видел, куда падает солнце!
Оно уходит сквозь постель,
В глубокую щель!"
-Андрей Середа, ,,Улица чужих лиц", 1989 г.

Quote: (10-11-2016 08:57 PM)Chauncey Wrote:  

Aloha!

do u even lift bro?

Do you even ha'ole?
Fuck with Kona, you fuck with me.

Being the skilled procrastinator, I wasn't surprised the least to find a pretty Jekyll-and-Hyde-ish characterisation of the pair by the meedja:

Excerpt from The Courier Mail, 9 August 2014:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queen...b214503b8b

Ms Wright, a passionate animal rights advocate and the daughter of a Christian church deacon, was on the Gold Coast for a wedding, travelling from her home in New Zealand’s Lower Hutt region for a fortnight-long adventure with her Australian friends.

She was only days away from boarding a plane home to her family when she organised to meet Mr Tostee through dating app Tinder.

Ms Wright, 26, was seen with Mr Tostee on the balcony of his Avalon apartment in Surfers Paradise drinking and talking on Thursday night.

Police are still trying to piece together exactly what happened next.

As Ms Wright’s body was formally identified yesterday, her friends could barely describe their loss.

Savana Lesa was with Ms Wright in her final days, hanging out on the Gold Coast beaches and climbing Q1.

“Though my heart aches for you and my mind is still adjusting to the fact you are gone I will always cherish the best moments I have had with you while you were here,” she wrote on Facebook. “I will never forget you my dearest friend who I love and keep close to my heart forever.”

Edwina Ulberg, who accompanied Ms Wright to Seventh Day Adventist church services near Wellington when they were teenagers, was shocked to hear what had happened to her “quiet but lovely” friend.

“She was really quiet, petite, and she was really nice. I’m just pretty shocked at the moment.”
[SNIP]
Police said Ms Wright, a talented aspiring photographer, went to the wedding the weekend before her death.

Her Facebook page is a virtual scrapbook of a fun-filled Aussie holiday.

Days ago she was photographed holding a giant python at the iconic Australia Zoo, laughing as the reptile wrapped itself around her neck. A day earlier she had posted a skydiving picture, taken over an expanse of aquamarine ocean.

She had also scaled Q1, one of the world’s tallest buildings.

Ms Wright was a passionate animal rights activist who once wrote to the New Zealand Parliament appealing for tougher penalties for animal cruelty offenders.

“This is something I strongly believe in, and seeing how people in New Zealand treat animals has truly made me ashamed of this country,” she wrote in a post added to the Government’s website in 2013.

“When I see an animal in pain, to me it’s exactly the same as seeing a child in pain.

“If someone murders an animal or tortures an animal I believe their punishment should be the same as if they had done this to a child.”

Her Facebook page was littered with passionate posts about the environment.

“Stop littering, you’re killing this planet!” she wrote above a post about a whale dying from ingesting plastic.”

Her passion for animals was shared by her younger sister Reza, whose social media pages are filled with photographs of the two women with their treasured pet dogs.

The death sparked a warning from renowned Australian child and adolescent psychologist Dr Michael Carr-Gregg for people to avoid using the Tinder app.

“Clearly people on Tinder aren’t always who they say they are, so there’s always that whole ‘anybody can be anybody on the internet’ concern,” Dr Carr-Gregg said.

“In my mind it’s terribly superficial. It’s based entirely on appearance. There’s no depth to it and my advice would be to stay as far away as possible from it.”
[SNIP]
Skilled artist has forgery form

HE WAS described by his lawyer as “partially autistic”, suffering from a ­severe obsessive-compulsive disorder and having such a talent for making counterfeit money that he stunned federal investigators.

Gold Coast self-described “superhero” Gable Tostee is the only person who can tell police what happened to New Zealand tourist Warriena Tagpuno Wright.

Mr Tostee, 28, was gone when police arrived at the Avalon apartment building in Surfers Paradise early Friday morning, minutes after a witness called to say she had seen a woman fall 14 floors to her death.

Mr Tostee fronted a police station hours later and was questioned before being released without charge.

The talented artist was only a teen when he came to police attention in 2004, found to be the mastermind of a sophisticated fake 18+ ID racket that earned him and two mates $30,000.

But it was a reproduction of a $50 note found on his computer that shocked police. Mr Tostee was said to have “exceptional skills” in art and had been meticulous in ensuring the fake IDs were of a high quality.

He pleaded guilty to forgery, possessing an instrument for making counterfeit money and beginning to make counterfeit money. Mr Tostee was given a good behaviour bond for his role as manager of the “business”.

Judge John Newton decided against recording a conviction.

“(Mr Tostee) has extraordinary talents that must be harnessed in such a manner to ensure the products of his abilities are not illicit,” he said.

Avalon apartment complex residents said Mr Tostee kept to himself and was rarely seen in the building.

The former Somerset College student met Ms Wright through dating app Tinder. She was seen drinking and talking with him on his balcony before neighbours reported a disturbance.

And they had to bring this one up:

Mr Tostee is no stranger to police, with the former Somerset College student expected to face Southport Magistrates Court in coming weeks.

On January 27 this year Mr Tostee was allegedly involved in an incident in Surfers Paradise which saw him charged with assault police, obstruct police and public nuisance offences.

He was granted bail but was back in custody on July 27 when he led New South Wales police on a high speed pursuit after attending this year’s Splendour in the Grass music festival.

Police allege Mr Tostee was spotted driving a grey vehicle with no numberplates and reaching speeds of 200km/hour on the Pacific Motorway south of the border.

Police deployed road spikes on the northbound lanes of the M1 just prior to the Tugun Tunnel, but it is alleged Mr Tostee continued to drive on the rims at about 140km/hour.

He was finally stopped about 15km up the M1 at Currumbin.

Mr Tostee will appear in Southport Magistrates Court on August 27 on assault police, obstruct police and public nuisance charges from January.

His appearance will also include a mention for the drink driving and breach of bail condition charges he received on July 27.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/news...16fe9ef009

The dude is good looking, tall, and gamey. He was quite an avid poster on the BB Misc:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queen...57a9dd92c5

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/search.php...2175454341

Just the sort of candidate for the sort of FRA/sexual remorse I mentioned.

You'll notice that he has a pretty fancy apartment for a carpet layer at his age — in Australia, tradesmen earn a handsome amount, plus he has a well-off family — again, not an uncommon occurence here.

Quote: (10-11-2016 05:21 PM)david.garrett84 Wrote:  

Features/background of Gable:
- Clearly an unconventional guy
- Socially awkward, to the point where he could at one stage credibly claim autism (this diagnosis was later denied by a doctor, but he was evaluated as having social anxiety etc)
- Despite his womanizing, a loner
- Has served jail time for a previous incident involving a police chase. In fact, he served this time after the balcony incident
[snip]
6. Unless you sleep, eat, work and do other things monotonously, your otherwise harmless idiosyncrasies will be used against you. Gable was not the most popular or slick kid at school, so he had to learn things on the fly as an adult. As a result, and perhaps for other reasons, his mannerisms, lifestyle and habits are far from "average". In the context of the trial, they are therefore seen as unacceptable and supposedly make him "creepy" and "predatory".

David, apart from my link, whereabouts did you source the info on Gable being socially awkward to the point of being autistic, and a loner? All the data I've gone through so far claims the contrary; and while a 'loner' could credibly claim to have slept with 150 girls met in clubs and on apps, wouldn't it be a slight stretch for an autistic dude, or at least one with autism, to have done so?

The media used his field reports from the misc to portray him as a sociopath.

Quote: (10-11-2016 08:57 PM)Chauncey Wrote:  

Aloha!

do u even lift bro?

Don't answer questions with questions.

Aloha!

So Tostee's defense evidence when accused of throwing a girl off a balcony is a recording of him threatening to throw her off a balcony?

Aloha!

Quote: (10-11-2016 11:31 PM)Kona Wrote:  

So Tostee's defense evidence when accused of throwing a girl off a balcony is a recording of him threatening to throw her off a balcony?

Aloha!

She tried to climb from his balcony to another one, but she lost her grip and fell to her death. The MSM are spinning this so that it looks like Tostee actually threw her off the balcony.

В глубокую щель!"

JWLZG:

Re your first post: the media is incontrovertibly against him. Given their bias and the general public's, I'm perfectly fine with us critiquing both the charges and her moronic behavior. I take no pleasure and feel no schadenfreude about her death, but a spade is a spade. This is neither murder nor manslaughter.

I had hoped the charges would be dropped entirely. It's why I sat on this for so long. Part of me felt SOME prosecutor would see the writing on the wall and risk the criticism of canning the whole prosecution.

Re your second post: I never said he was autistic. I was saying the way he came off to some people was said to be autistic-like.

I know three guys he went to school with. They found him awkward at school and say it continued after school, on the occasions where they crossed paths with him. He disappeared from many people's radar for quite a while is the general story.

That said, they were pretty surprised at how he turned out. Despite the awkwardness, he came across as more charismatic and savvy than he had been at school. He knew a lot of people they say, but tended to spread that time out.

Part of it is growing into adulthood, but there's no doubt he worked on himself very well. I think the seriousness with which he took his self-development has led to the loner perception.

Born Down Under, but I enjoy Slovakian Thunder: http://slovakia.travel/en/nove-zamky

@David - is there gonna be an ROK article about this?

В глубокую щель!"

There's also this.

Gable Tostee shares dating advice on Facebook page Blokes Advice

On my phone so difficult to elaborate on it right now.

Her bullring is front & centre. Of course.

I have to say that of all of the crazy tells I've picked up on, the bullring is, without doubt, a smack in the face.

He shouldn't have locked an intoxicated woman out on the balcony. Seems as if she panicked and made a stupid and fatal decision (dumb girl thought she was a gymnast).
The media reporting is biased as always.

Tostee's plight is a microcosm of why it's so shitty to be a man accused of a crime these days:

- He beds many women and doesn't *seem* to have found a LTR or want one - must be a creep and sexual predator because super-awesome women are everywhere! Girl power!
- Journalists, especially females, cast her in the most laudatory light and find the worst details from his life and past (via some massive twisting).
- Anyone supporting him publicly, aside from people like parents, will be denigrated as enablers and apologists for "violence against women".

Imagine how crazy the MGTOWs get about this. It's bad enough for us observing this, but the men swearing off women entirely or semi-entirely are probably catatonic after a few years.

Brick, maybe, yet dealing with psycho women is usually a black-and-white choice (hit her back or just take the hits) thanks to our political and social climate. Men who act between the two extremes have a raw deal.

For most men, you either defend yourself sufficiently (and get a criminal record and life-time social ostracization) or you put up with her assaulting you with her hands, legs, or sharp/hard objects.

Even if it's a female attacking you and your property, responding perfectly to someone else's violence is a stupid standard in order to avoid conviction. Things happen fast and the initiator of the violence almost always has themselves to blame.

Tostee had been drinking, too. He may be a big guy and take more booze to get tipsy/drunk, but if he's held responsible for her death, any guy at a club or otherwise drinking will likely be held to similarly ridiculous standards when they respond to another person's violence against them.

Fokker: yes, I'll run it by the Boss.

I learned a lesson many moons ago from my mentor that if a woman says she's an animal right activist, human right lawyer, works with the Aboriginals or does any form of social care work, back away slowly then run for my life.