rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

My Travel Journal

My Travel Journal

I made this journal to document my travels to Riga and Warsaw. I had booked my flight several months back and piplined several chicks however, only one of them were from Latvia. Ya I know, big mistake. I ended up developing a moderate case of oneitis for her but managed to shake off most of it, and hopefully will rid my system of this disease once I meet more women in Latvia.

I flew out last night and for some reason had a crazy amount of anxiety visiting Riga. I don't know what it was, maybe I developed a fear or something after reading countless records of scams going on and also having some issues on airbnb for my host. Well now I'm official in Riga.

Day 1:

Things got off to very rough start today. I got fed incorrect information at the Warsaw airport for my connecting flight to Riga. I thought they would have fucked up my checked luggage and I would be without my clothes but luckily I resolved it in time. As I got closer and closer to my flight for Riga, my spider senses were tingling like crazy as if it knew something was up. Well they always say trust your intuition and that's what I probably should have done and made backup options.
I arrive in Riga around 6pm. The place was cold and dark and raining heavily, very depressing to say the least. I had booked two places via airbnb for Riga and Warsaw. I had some issues with the host with asking for some extra money for utilities after I paid for my apartment on Airbnb. It wasn't much so I let it go but asked her to change it on airbnb to reflect the new price. Things seemed fine until about 3 weeks ago. The women said that a previous tenant wanted to extend her stay and asked if I would like to be "upgraded" to a new apartment. I told her no thanks and didn't hear back until a week before I flew out inquiring if I needed airport transport and answering my question if she was going to be there to show me the place. She said yes and said it would cost me 7 euros for the transport. Alright so here's where things turn for the worse.

I show up at the airport and she's nowhere to be found after I get through clearance and pick up my luggage. I message her on airbnb via wifi and she's like I was already there but I'll do a second take. She shows up and appears friendly and everything appears fine. Then within two minutes she is like I have some good news and some bad news for you. I'm thinking "oh great" I've been had.
This bitch tells me the previous tenant still hasn't moved out yet and won't be back until next week but that she had two other "better places" for me. Classic bait and switch. I tried to remain calm but told her well I already paid for the place in advance so you can just move her things. She is like I can't do that but why don't we just go see these two places first and if you don't like them we'll cancel the reservation. I'm thinking shit, I'm in a foreign country and don't speak the local language, it's nearly completely black out, and this bitch is playing me for a fool. How the fuck am I going to get a room for the night with this crazy bitch driving me around god knows where.

I start to panic a little inside but don't show it. I also mention my friend in Riga who is going to show me around to try to tell her in a subtle way to don't fuck with me.

Anyways she takes me to the first place claiming its close by, its like an extra 5-10 min walk farther away and as expected it was crap. I was greeted by two old couple waiting inside. I immediately tossed the idea of staying there aside. There wasn't even a real bed, but a fucking futon and there was no bedroom neither. I had booked a place with 1 bedroom and also an additional bed. Needless to say, I was pissed and told her no! We started arguing a little in her car and I gave her shit and she is like if you don't like this place then I'm going to have to refund you the money and drop you off at some caferia or something. So then we show up at the next place.

I was greeted by some middle aged attractive Russian women. I didn't know if she was the owner or one of the hosts assistants but I didn't care. I just wanted what was promised to me. I had a look around and to my surprise the place actually looked better and bigger then the place I had rented. The attractive women showed me around the place, took her time to explain everything while my host stood idle. I think she herself was kind of surprised at how tidy and done up the place was. She had sent me pictures 1 week ago of the place according to her and it looked like crap so I immediately dismissed it.

This made me feel a little bit better but the place still seemed farther then the original place. The real estate agent mentioned about 20 minutes walk while my host said 15 minutes (obviously). There were a few issues with the place such as not having any pots and pans, and there wasn't any blankets there. I asked the host about that. My host looked at the other women and asks how come there's no blankets and bedsheets and she replies "no no, that wasn't apart of our deal, you never mentioned this to me." So from what I gathered her was that my host is a dishonest unethical bitch probably got a little worried about me making her refund my rent and her being dinged a penalty and bad review so quickly called up this women to give me this place and since it was so last minute she wasn't prepared yet. They both start arguing a little bit and then my host is like ok I'll take care of it and bring it to you. I'll go home and grab the stuff you need. At this point I'm thinking, I'm fucked either way, I can of course say no and have this women drop me off god knows where in the middle of the night and try to locate a wifi signal to get in touch with that girl who I developed a mild form of oneitis for to try and get her to help me and try to look for a hotel in the vicinity to spend one night and also call Airbnb and report this bitch or take the hit. The place is nice and looks bigger and better then the apartment that I booked and the other women seemed quite honest, she even offered to give me her number and when I asked her if she was the owner or something she said she's a real estate agent and is doing this for an Irish friend. I saw an irish booklet so it seemed more plausible.

I decided best not to try my luck this dark out without a sim card or having wifi so I took the hit. I was still extremely skeptical of the host but the other women made me feel abit more comfortable with the apartment. I also made sure to check and test out the stuff and she also took her time to show me and explain everything. It's a bit farther then I would have liked but I don't want to end up sleeping on the streets trying to sort this shit out. So I told the host alright, I'll do the switch and then guess what? This bitch again tries to pull a fast one. She is like there is a $250 deposit as well. I was like wtf! I told her airbnb already placed a hold for a security deposit already and that I wouldn't give her any money. Then I also told her that since she is really inconveniencing me because of the switch that she should take care of it. She paused and thought for a moment and then finally agreed.

I'm just about ready to strangle this bitch. She then says give her a minute while she and the other women sign their contract. The women gives me the keys, shows me where to dispose of garbage and then my host makes me go away with her to the car to grab my luggage and that other chick takes off. After returning back to my apartment, the host says she is going to go grab the rest of the things and then come back. I still don't even know where the fuck I am because she still hasn't given me the address yet. The other women told me but I didn't get a chance to write it because the host cut me off. I immediately go on facebook and message my oneitis girl. She says did I pay, don't pay. She is like I'm very busy right now but give me your address and I'll look for transport. We exchange a few more messages and she is like ok I hope everything will work out for you and then suddenly the host knocks on the door. I wait close to an hour before this bitch shows up with a few more items. She is like |"ok are we good?" I said I would feel comfortable if we have some of record on airbnb about this. So we agrees that she will send me a message on airbnb with the address of this new place and ask if I agree. Just then I forgot I was talking smack about her with the girl so I immediately minimize my browser and open up a different browser. Quick save!
I ask the host instead to change my reservation to reflect this new listing. My host doesn't have it on airbnb as a listing. Again bait and switch and probably because she doesn't want to deal with airbnb. We argue some more and she says "Look, I'm very busy and I don't have time to do this" so I end up relenting and saying fine just send me a message on airbnb and I'll reply to it. On my reply I made sure to right something like "something unfortunate came up and we agreed that the host would substitute me to this new place located at. It was the best I could do otherwise get a refund and be out there all alone at 10pm at night with pouring rain.

After we took care of that, the bitch took me to the grocery store to do some shopping and to help me get a sim card but the tech section was already closed. I think she was trying to get on my good graces so that I wouldn't leave her a bad review. She also asked if I could extend my stay and blah blah. I told her no but that in the future we could do this outside of airbnb because I know she is paying them a fee. I had a sneak peak of what airbnb is charging her (around 30%) when she went to send me a message on her account. I have no reasons to ever deal with this piece of shit human being again but I wanted to lessen the chance that she would further try to fuck me over by implying that I would look her up in the future early next year and we can skip airbnb and deal directly saving both of us money. She is like ya, make sure you write down my personal contact info and now that we both know each other and trust each other we can do it outside of airbnb.

She said tomorrow she would take me to a mall to purchase a sim card when she would come back with blinds for the windows.

What a fucking horrible night! This experience makes me not even want to ever step foot in this country ever again! I haven't sleep at all since yesterday morning and on the verge of my mental and physical exhaustion levels. I hope things turn out better. I'm going to go take a shower and hit the sheets. There's way too many things on my mind right now. I'm going to start scouting the area and become familiar with the place first before I start approaching chicks.

My Travel Journal

Quote: (10-08-2016 03:42 PM)destiny Wrote:  

I made this journal to document my travels to Riga and Warsaw. I had booked my flight several months back and piplined several chicks however, only one of them were from Latvia. Ya I know, big mistake. I ended up developing a moderate case of oneitis for her but managed to shake off most of it, and hopefully will rid my system of this disease once I meet more women in Latvia.

I flew out last night and for some reason had a crazy amount of anxiety visiting Riga. I don't know what it was, maybe I developed a fear or something after reading countless records of scams going on and also having some issues on airbnb for my host. Well now I'm official in Riga.

Day 1:

Things got off to very rough start today. I got fed incorrect information at the Warsaw airport for my connecting flight to Riga. I thought they would have fucked up my checked luggage and I would be without my clothes but luckily I resolved it in time. As I got closer and closer to my flight for Riga, my spider senses were tingling like crazy as if it knew something was up. Well they always say trust your intuition and that's what I probably should have done and made backup options.
I arrive in Riga around 6pm. The place was cold and dark and raining heavily, very depressing to say the least. I had booked two places via airbnb for Riga and Warsaw. I had some issues with the host with asking for some extra money for utilities after I paid for my apartment on Airbnb. It wasn't much so I let it go but asked her to change it on airbnb to reflect the new price. Things seemed fine until about 3 weeks ago. The women said that a previous tenant wanted to extend her stay and asked if I would like to be "upgraded" to a new apartment. I told her no thanks and didn't hear back until a week before I flew out inquiring if I needed airport transport and answering my question if she was going to be there to show me the place. She said yes and said it would cost me 7 euros for the transport. Alright so here's where things turn for the worse.

I show up at the airport and she's nowhere to be found after I get through clearance and pick up my luggage. I message her on airbnb via wifi and she's like I was already there but I'll do a second take. She shows up and appears friendly and everything appears fine. Then within two minutes she is like I have some good news and some bad news for you. I'm thinking "oh great" I've been had.
This bitch tells me the previous tenant still hasn't moved out yet and won't be back until next week but that she had two other "better places" for me. Classic bait and switch. I tried to remain calm but told her well I already paid for the place in advance so you can just move her things. She is like I can't do that but why don't we just go see these two places first and if you don't like them we'll cancel the reservation. I'm thinking shit, I'm in a foreign country and don't speak the local language, it's nearly completely black out, and this bitch is playing me for a fool. How the fuck am I going to get a room for the night with this crazy bitch driving me around god knows where.

I start to panic a little inside but don't show it. I also mention my friend in Riga who is going to show me around to try to tell her in a subtle way to don't fuck with me.

Anyways she takes me to the first place claiming its close by, its like an extra 5-10 min walk farther away and as expected it was crap. I was greeted by two old couple waiting inside. I immediately tossed the idea of staying there aside. There wasn't even a real bed, but a fucking futon and there was no bedroom neither. I had booked a place with 1 bedroom and also an additional bed. Needless to say, I was pissed and told her no! We started arguing a little in her car and I gave her shit and she is like if you don't like this place then I'm going to have to refund you the money and drop you off at some caferia or something. So then we show up at the next place.

I was greeted by some middle aged attractive Russian women. I didn't know if she was the owner or one of the hosts assistants but I didn't care. I just wanted what was promised to me. I had a look around and to my surprise the place actually looked better and bigger then the place I had rented. The attractive women showed me around the place, took her time to explain everything while my host stood idle. I think she herself was kind of surprised at how tidy and done up the place was. She had sent me pictures 1 week ago of the place according to her and it looked like crap so I immediately dismissed it.

This made me feel a little bit better but the place still seemed farther then the original place. The real estate agent mentioned about 20 minutes walk while my host said 15 minutes (obviously). There were a few issues with the place such as not having any pots and pans, and there wasn't any blankets there. I asked the host about that. My host looked at the other women and asks how come there's no blankets and bedsheets and she replies "no no, that wasn't apart of our deal, you never mentioned this to me." So from what I gathered her was that my host is a dishonest unethical bitch probably got a little worried about me making her refund my rent and her being dinged a penalty and bad review so quickly called up this women to give me this place and since it was so last minute she wasn't prepared yet. They both start arguing a little bit and then my host is like ok I'll take care of it and bring it to you. I'll go home and grab the stuff you need. At this point I'm thinking, I'm fucked either way, I can of course say no and have this women drop me off god knows where in the middle of the night and try to locate a wifi signal to get in touch with that girl who I developed a mild form of oneitis for to try and get her to help me and try to look for a hotel in the vicinity to spend one night and also call Airbnb and report this bitch or take the hit. The place is nice and looks bigger and better then the apartment that I booked and the other women seemed quite honest, she even offered to give me her number and when I asked her if she was the owner or something she said she's a real estate agent and is doing this for an Irish friend. I saw an irish booklet so it seemed more plausible.

I decided best not to try my luck this dark out without a sim card or having wifi so I took the hit. I was still extremely skeptical of the host but the other women made me feel abit more comfortable with the apartment. I also made sure to check and test out the stuff and she also took her time to show me and explain everything. It's a bit farther then I would have liked but I don't want to end up sleeping on the streets trying to sort this shit out. So I told the host alright, I'll do the switch and then guess what? This bitch again tries to pull a fast one. She is like there is a $250 deposit as well. I was like wtf! I told her airbnb already placed a hold for a security deposit already and that I wouldn't give her any money. Then I also told her that since she is really inconveniencing me because of the switch that she should take care of it. She paused and thought for a moment and then finally agreed.

I'm just about ready to strangle this bitch. She then says give her a minute while she and the other women sign their contract. The women gives me the keys, shows me where to dispose of garbage and then my host makes me go away with her to the car to grab my luggage and that other chick takes off. After returning back to my apartment, the host says she is going to go grab the rest of the things and then come back. I still don't even know where the fuck I am because she still hasn't given me the address yet. The other women told me but I didn't get a chance to write it because the host cut me off. I immediately go on facebook and message my oneitis girl. She says did I pay, don't pay. She is like I'm very busy right now but give me your address and I'll look for transport. We exchange a few more messages and she is like ok I hope everything will work out for you and then suddenly the host knocks on the door. I wait close to an hour before this bitch shows up with a few more items. She is like |"ok are we good?" I said I would feel comfortable if we have some of record on airbnb about this. So we agrees that she will send me a message on airbnb with the address of this new place and ask if I agree. Just then I forgot I was talking smack about her with the girl so I immediately minimize my browser and open up a different browser. Quick save!
I ask the host instead to change my reservation to reflect this new listing. My host doesn't have it on airbnb as a listing. Again bait and switch and probably because she doesn't want to deal with airbnb. We argue some more and she says "Look, I'm very busy and I don't have time to do this" so I end up relenting and saying fine just send me a message on airbnb and I'll reply to it. On my reply I made sure to right something like "something unfortunate came up and we agreed that the host would substitute me to this new place located at. It was the best I could do otherwise get a refund and be out there all alone at 10pm at night with pouring rain.

After we took care of that, the bitch took me to the grocery store to do some shopping and to help me get a sim card but the tech section was already closed. I think she was trying to get on my good graces so that I wouldn't leave her a bad review. She also asked if I could extend my stay and blah blah. I told her no but that in the future we could do this outside of airbnb because I know she is paying them a fee. I had a sneak peak of what airbnb is charging her (around 30%) when she went to send me a message on her account. I have no reasons to ever deal with this piece of shit human being again but I wanted to lessen the chance that she would further try to fuck me over by implying that I would look her up in the future early next year and we can skip airbnb and deal directly saving both of us money. She is like ya, make sure you write down my personal contact info and now that we both know each other and trust each other we can do it outside of airbnb.

She said tomorrow she would take me to a mall to purchase a sim card when she would come back with blinds for the windows.

What a fucking horrible night! This experience makes me not even want to ever step foot in this country ever again! I haven't sleep at all since yesterday morning and on the verge of my mental and physical exhaustion levels. I hope things turn out better. I'm going to go take a shower and hit the sheets. There's way too many things on my mind right now. I'm going to start scouting the area and become familiar with the place first before I start approaching chicks.

I have had good luck for the most part with Airbnb. I did have one bait and switch in Russia, but the apartment was very nice, albeit in a different location than I wanted. You should have booked a hotel for the night and told the host to cancel the reservation. The next day with a night's rest you could have looked for a more suitable apartment.

My Travel Journal

Seems like your experience matches stories about how easy it is to get scammed in Riga.

My Travel Journal

Quote: (10-08-2016 06:27 PM)Dantes Wrote:  

Quote: (10-08-2016 03:42 PM)destiny Wrote:  

Day 1:

I have had good luck for the most part with Airbnb. I did have one bait and switch in Russia, but the apartment was very nice, albeit in a different location than I wanted. You should have booked a hotel for the night and told the host to cancel the reservation. The next day with a night's rest you could have looked for a more suitable apartment.

I contemplated that but I saw no hotels in the vicinity and it was pitch black out. I didn't want to take the chance. This new place kind of messes with my logistics now ( a 20 minute walk), plus after going through last night I don't know how eager I am to be using the taxi's here in Riga. This host full on intended to screw me over because she could have told me it wasn't possible to have the original apartment booked weeks ago and just cancelled it.

My Travel Journal

Hopefully it gets better for you man... Read every single thing on here about Riga to make sure you know exactly what you are doing from now on. I think i remember reading about how to deal with Taxis.

Resident Germany Expert. See my Datasheet:
thread-59335.html

Mini Datasheets: Antwerp / Rotterdam / Lille

My Travel Journal

Day 2: I pretty much passed out last night and woke up around 3pm and then had the host come by to pick me up so that we could pick up the rest of the stuff needed for the apartment and also help me get a sim card. She showed me around the old town and I have to be honest, it's nothing compared to the one in Krakow. The one in Krakow was very centralized and the cobblestone sidewalk was even whereas the one here was all fucked up with different heights for the cobblestones making walking a bit of chore. I didn't see a centralized area but alleys and lanes everywhere. Also several of the alleys smelled like piss like some Swedish bridge my host was telling me about that if you pass through it makes your wishes come true or something. There's a small mall in the old town with like 5 floors or something where I picked up my sim card and I also purchased my tram tickets. I forgot how much I paid but my host said it was like 1.25 euros per a ticket if you bought a package of tickets at once. Across the street was a cinema called forum cinemas or something. They have different prices for movies depending on the day and time, I think the cheapest was like around 7 or 8 euros I can't remember, not that big of a discount compared to North America. I also noticed when buying my stuff that most of the staff had this cold emotionless look on their faces. Like I know your salary sucks but still. You work in customer service or sales, its a part of your job to appear happy. The people in Poland had smiles on their faces even though their salaries are low compared to North America and you don't see them look all grumpy and shit. Also the weather today was again really awful. Very cloudy, cold, and raining. The infrastructure looks like crap too, really old and definitely needs updating. Also there was some farmer's market right beside the cinema that my host showed me. They also sold meat and cheese I believe inside of the buildings.

Once this was done, we headed back to my apartment to get the blinds fixed and then the host took off. I signed into facebook and noticed that the girl who I was suppose to go out with but suddenly mentioned she got a new boyfriend and said she was really busy had gone to some countryside resort or something with her new boyfriend. WTF! Not too busy, just too busy for me. Anyways fuck her! I needed to run outside and buy some food and groceries at one of the two supermarkets near my place because I hadn't eaten all day yet except for a banana and some cake. The first place was crap. It was this tiny supermarket called Maxima or something. I got lost trying to locate the second one called Rimi's which is this huge supermarket and then when I tried to use the data and gps my phone suddenly locked up and asked for a pin while it was pitch dark out and raining and barely anyone around. The streets were also poorly lit and sometimes lights would just go out. Jesus, when is my luck ever going to turn around in this place?
I felt lonely, depressed, hungry, and wanted to go back home to Canada or at least out of this country.
I pretty much had to backtrack all the way back to my apartment and then scourged to look for a pin which was hidden away in the pamphlet because I didn't want to risk getting out in the middle of the night again.

Once back home, I noticed that I got a reply back from another girl that I messaged here. She's a possible lead but I will need a little time to build some rapport with her to get her out. I also received some messages from that chick who bailed on me but I was like fuck her and told her I was busy and heading to the supermarket. Even though my night was going horribly, I was determined to find this supermarket no matter what. After walking around for another 15 or so minutes, I finally located it. At last! The supermarket was practically empty inside but I did notice 1-2 attractive girls that I wanted to approach, unfortunately they were with their guys. I was tired and exhausted so I just grabbed some food and then headed back home.

When I got back, I noticed that the blinds came off from the window so I had to spend a good 10-15 minutes taping it back up again.
Then I went on couchsurfing and tried to look for some more leads but I have to say, the girls there aren't that attractive or they had mentioned boyfriends in their description. I only managed to find a few good leads and messaged them. Also something seems to be wrong with my tinder and I can't even use it. It just keeps on crashing every time I launch it. Oh ya that chick who bailed on me, again messaged me on facebook saying she has some time next week and asks me to meet next week and setup a time with her later this week. Gee, its so good of you to finally make some time out of your busy schedule to meet with me. I was like whatever just message me when your certain. At this point I couldn't give a fuck about her anymore. If I do meet up with her it'll be strictly platonic so that I can get her to introduce me to her friends or so that I have a future contact her, but frankly I don't think I'll ever step foot in this country again. I don't care how hot the women are here (which wasn't even that impressive) it ain't worth living here. Also considering its suppose to be a poor country and in Eastern Europe, the prices certainly don't reflect that. At the supermarket I saw a broccoli stalk for like 1.25 euros. That's even more expensive then in Canada. A 2 L bottle of Coke Zero was like 1.75 euros if I'm not mistaken.

Tomorrow I'm going to go head to the gym near my apartment and get a membership and then try the tram to old town. I'm going to see if I can meet up with some regular people on couchsurfing. I need some company. We'll see if things improve.

Here's a few videos of me walking around trying to get home at night. As you can see, very poor lighting and just a really creepy eery feeling all around. I definitely didn't feel safe and there were a lot of houses boarded up with graphitti. Sorry about the shaky cam. I was filming using one hand while my other was carrying the groceries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91O66hCpJZc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtef7eE6GcM

My Travel Journal

Looks like a scene from EuroTrip.

If you don't feel safe in that area, then book another place. Traveling always has its unknowns, and you control the results.

I don't know if you're young or haven't traveled much. However, your attitude is the most important variable when traveling. Locals don't want to be around pessimists. People can sense your vibe and behave accordingly. Also, flip your perspective of scarcity to abundance.

If you're not feeling the vibe with the culture, then give it enough time and split. No need to stay somewhere where you're not connecting for whatever reason.

I was in EE for business last month, and I couldn't find the correct people to meet. No one spoke English, and I thought I would never obtain the information I traveled all the way from the US. I was 0 / 15 repeating myself over and over. However, I never got frustrated.

I kept persevering, then things turned my way. Eventually, I found the right contacts.

By the end of the day:

I met the head of the department, with his assistants serving us pastries and tea.

Met a local girl who later showed me around town and still emails me. I'll see her next time I'm in town.

There will always be challenges. Sometimes things take time to fall into place.

My Travel Journal

@jabba, "Bratislava" scene in particular

My Travel Journal

Relax a little man. A lot of the things you are mentioning are shit that happens when you move/land in a new country. I had similar problems first arriving in Germany.

Your patience WILL be tested. I've been overseas for 6 years and people here STILL piss me off with their bullshit. Take it easy and try to stay positive. Women are fucking good at picking up bad vibes from men and if you keep being negative like that it won't help anything.

thread-59335.html

My Travel Journal

Quote: (10-10-2016 02:18 AM)sterling_archer Wrote:  

@jabba, "Bratislava" scene in particular

Yes, that's what I was thinking...lol.

My Travel Journal

Quote: (10-10-2016 03:48 AM)kirdiesel Wrote:  

Relax a little man. A lot of the things you are mentioning are shit that happens when you move/land in a new country. I had similar problems first arriving in Germany.

Your patience WILL be tested. I've been overseas for 6 years and people here STILL piss me off with their bullshit. Take it easy and try to stay positive. Women are fucking good at picking up bad vibes from men and if you keep being negative like that it won't help anything.

In hindset, my morning started really badly. I Ubered to the US Embassy way west out of town. Nobody could answer my business questions there, but I flirted with the female workers and went to my next appointment. There were no Uber cars in that part of town, and I was lost. It was the world vs me & Google maps GPS. I intentionally asked some pretty girls for directions since I was "lost" and wanted to generate some amusement from my circumstances. Some girls giggled; some were very stern and looked constipated. I couldn't control their bowel movements, so I kept walking in my new shoes.

Along the way, I stopped by a highly recommended pizzeria and had a delightful meal. The female servers were friendly, and I felt a good vibe. I walked almost an hour before I arrived at my destination. When I arrived, I grinded for another hour before I found the right contacts. When I met the head guy, he told me to return in 4 hours.

This took me 4 hours finding the right guy, and I spent nearly 90 minutes walking back to my flat. It was a nice day, and I was pleased I met my first objective. This is when I met the girl who later showed me around town. I had a good vibe despite my challenges, and she felt it. She invited to show me around town. I was on my mission and just happened to run into her.

I know a lot of my friends who would have given up at the embassy and hang out at the flat all day. Fuck that. I have shit to do. I spent 90% of the day grinding to spend an hour of facetime with the key decison maker. That meeting was worth the entire trip.

I explained my story to the local girls during my trip, they were like Wow! You're crazy persistent with business. I got a lot of mileage out of that story, but I always have to make new achievements while I'm on my mission. My results could have been the worst, but good things happened on that trip.

We travel to get away from our comfort zone and learn how to adapt to succeed. Once you learn how the local rhythm works, then things get easier.

My Travel Journal

Day 3:

Well well, things slowly seemed to be turning around. I feel more energetic today and less paranoid. I headed down to the gym about a block from my apartment and got a gym membership. Its called Joker Klubs and has a swimming pool, squash, and I also think a bowling as well. I went there around 5:30-6pm and it looked pretty empty despite the front desk girl telling me this was the busiest time lol. The gym membership cost 64 euros which is definitely on the pricer side for eastern europe and even North American standards. I will try to take some photos when I got to workout. There was only one employee working at the front desk but she was cute and gave me a smile, the first I might add. She looked kind of like AnnaSophia Robb with platium blonde hair. Come to think of it she was the only girl who since I've landed that's actually given me a smile and was friendly. I'm going to try and chat her up each time I visit and then once I've built up some rapport ask her to show me around the city.
Oh and I finally got my tinder to work and have used up all of my swipes. I haven't received any likes back yet and I don't know if that's because of my looks or because I have bad pictures but I remember getting some likes back when I was in Poland and Paris last year so who knows.

Finally, I figured out how to navigate the tram system here. Its like 4 stops to old town from my apartment so not too bad, although I would probably want to grab a taxi if I was going to bring a girl back to my apartment. I didn't head out to the old town until like around 8-8:30pm but it was pitch dark and very cold. There weren't much people out except for Asian tourist or what I initially thought were Asian tourist. It turns out that there is a very large tourist population from FSU countries like Kazakhstan and all of the other ones where they look Asian or mixed. I heard them speak in Fluent Russian. I also had some Asian women come up to me speaking in Russia asking me something but I quickly told her I didn't speak Russian.

I grabbed dinner at Lido's which is a very tiny and had a very poor selection of food. A small salad bar, some deserts, and a hot plate area which only had filleted chicken, lamb shank, and skewers but they weren't ready. The only sides they had was fries and rice. I paid like around 5 euros for a small piece of chicken fillet, some rice, a small piece of potato cake topped with some fish salad and a very small strawberry drink. I was kind of disappointed in the food selection and price. While I was seated in the back to eat my food, there was an old man who suddenly dropped all of his plates and dinnerware on the floor, smashing all of the glass and caused a ruckus. It caught the attention of the few people there by the tables. I think he was drunk or something and then when he proceeded to leave, went up to a table of 3 guys and was like "bon appetite, can you guys give me some change?" lol.

There weren't really much girls to approach in old town with it being monday and this late and the few girls I did see were together, had cigarettes in the hands, standing idle and chatting with heels and a purse. I wasn't sure if they were prostitutes or not but didn't want to take the chance in this scammy city. I'm really starting to feel loneliness creep in. I'm going to have go make some friends with some locals or even some ex-pats/tourist in the area just so I don't feel so lonely. Maybe I can even use them for a wingman when I visit the clubs here.

Well that's all for now. I hope my luck and situation improves.

My Travel Journal

Day 5:

Today I metup with a coachsurfing fellow from Romania. A early 40's mexican guy who just arrived to Riga. We were corresponding early but then when I was getting ready to arrive, I didn't get anymore replies from him so I thought, alright I guess that's it I'm on my own. I walked around the old town area but most places looked dead but I read someone there's a place with good food and decent prices and they also played local Latvian music too so I thought I would check it out. The place is called Folkklubs ALA pagrabs and is situatated near the end of the old town. I almost didn't find it, luckily I had GPS on my phone. Anyways the place was pretty packed and I think most of the people there were either latvians or tourist. Anyways I grabbed one of the waitresses and asked her how does it work around here because the staff were like ignoring me when I came in. She told me to grab a seat by the bar area because the tables were for guests with 3 or more people. So I grab a seat, beside some middle aged women and there's another seat beside me with someone's coat. There is also a land whale about 2 seats away from me. What a great start to the night I thought. So I order my food and drink and then I notice some guy walked right past me who looked like the couchsurfing guy who I spoke with earlier. He turned around and he was like "Hey man, are you from couchsurfing?" So we start talking and then all of a sudden some European guy stands between us and starts looking at us, giving us a strange stare. He is like "are you guys together?" and my cs guy is like ya we just met and then all three of us start talking and it turns out this guy is also here alone and his seat was right beside mines. He's from Moldova all three of us spent the evening talking about chicks, travel, and life. I tell the guys my story and how much of an idiot I was to come here on a whim because of a chick. They both suggest I should still meet up with the girl because she could introduce me to her friends.

Right around this time, I notice there is a cute blonde who is friends with the chick sitting beside me and there is also a table in front of us with a group of Spanish Erasmus students I presume (because the CS guy could hear them speaking Spanish and he's been to Spain before). I pretty much spend the next 15-20 minutes mentally masturbating in my head trying to force myself to talk to them. I tell the cs guy that we should go approach the table of Spanish girls and he is like "nah, It doesn't work like that with Spanish women, they will get weirded out." so we spend the next several minutes talking about how to date Spanish women. There is still the cute blonde chick sitting 2 seats away from me with her friend beside me. I contemplated making a comment on what her friend was eating but ended up chickening out. In the end, both groups of girls left and I was kind of pissed. It's been a while since I last approached and opened a girl so my approach anxiety was at an all time high.

Anyways, I notice a few minutes later a cute brunette walk by but didn't pay too much attention, figuring ah what's the point? Then like a minute later I notice someone bump into my shoulder that caught my attention. It was the same girl and she turned around and said something which I assume was sorry. She walks over to the stage area and starts recording the people dancing there. Alright now its game on! I whip out my phone and tell the two guys I'm going to go approach that chick and then immediately walk over to her and pretend to film to make it less obvious. Then I moved near her and then turned and said something. I forgot what I said, so comment about the dance or her video filming skills I think. We start talking but the noise is really loud so she speaks into my ears and I can see us quickly getting into each other's personal space. Her English is pretty bad and she had to ask me several times to either repeat what I said or speak slower. She was a bit of a tough nut to crack because of the language barrier. It turns out she's Ukrainian and is here on holiday with her friend which I wondered during our conversation if it was a girl or guy. She said she was leaving tomorrow afternoon or something and was doing some morning excursion.

Anyways I fucked up by mentioning where was her friend and she ended up taking me all the way back to her friend who was sitting alone. Her friend was also attractive, a platinum blonde but her body language told me she was cold and disinterested. The girl who I just spoke with introduces us but I can already tell right off the bat, I wasn't going to get anywhere with her. I tell the girl who I spoke with that she should join me and my friends for a drink and she agrees so I quickly go up to my boys and tell them come on those girls are going to join us let's walk to their table. The guys take their sweet time while the girls walk up to the bar stool area and realize that there's no tables. Then the empty table where the Spanish chicks left had a couple of seats so the girl who I spoke with said I'm going to go sit there near the music so I follow, hoping my boys would do the same but the still take forever. While we are trying to get seated, a group of Italian guys all suited up on the opposite table right in front of us notices the two girls. The leader of the pack, some good looking Italian tries to approach them and opens the blonde while my girl is standing there. Then he does the same for my girl and I notice what's going on now and try to redirect her attention to me. The Italian knows that I know what he's trying to do so just diverts his attention to her friend. I was hoping my wings would get there asses over here quickly to cockblock the group of Italians but they took forever. There must have been a good 5-10 minute window between the time the Italian spoke to the blonde until my wings arrived. I was like fuck. I was talking to the girl while her friend was bored so the Italian kept her company.

While speaking I noticed she had a ring on her left 4th finger so I casually asked her when she's going to get married. She struggled to understand me and my jokes because of the language difficulty so it was hard to build rapport and comfort with her. When my boys finally arrived, what did they do instead? They ignored both of the girls and talked to each other. I was like OMG man! This gave the Italian guy plenty of opportunity to build rapport with her friend while I worked on her. After becoming frustrated with the two guys and noticing my girl being ignored by my friend, I gently tapped her on the upper arm and introduced my friends but they didn't capitalize on her and went back to speaking to each other within a minute. Then the Italians attempted to extract the friend while I kept my girl busy, I didn't even notice them do it until later. All of a sudden my girl is like I have to go now and I was well let's exchange contact info for the future and then I tried to add her on facebook but my fucking phone had issues with data so I ended up with nothing while the Italian with his boys successful managed to extract both girls. The cs guy told me the girls went with the Italians when they left. Fuck!

I suppose it wasn't too bad considering she was my first approach since arrive here and I managed to technically to get her contact info but my game is very rusty right now from lack of practice for nearly a year now. After she had left, I looked at my watch and noticed it was nearly 12am. I had asked the bartender if the trams ran 24/7 but he said no, they end around 12am so I bid my boys farewell and tried to make it quickly to the tram stop before they went out of service. Unfortunately when I got there I notice they had already stopped running since 11:48pm. Looking back I should have just stayed with those guys and hit on more women since I already built up the social momentum.

Tomorrow me and the CS guy are going to go hit up a club called friends which supposingly has an older crowd, which the CS guy said would be more comfortable for him. The CS guy didn't bring dress clothes so hopefully we can both get in, otherwise I'm going to have to try to another club with him.
I feel more energized now and more motivated to approach girls. I don't know what it is, maybe confidence from that first approach or something but I feel like a fire has been lit inside.

My Travel Journal

Day 6: I just came from a very strange cs meeting. Me and the cs guy from yesterday decide to chill for a little bit and then head off to the cs meeting. My main purpose for going to that was that I could network and befriend some of the local guys so that I had access to getting into the more exclusive clubs. Anyways me and my friend show up and we see two guys who look like wow nerds with those weird geeky haircuts sitting down by the couch. In my mind, I was like wtf is this? To make matters worse, the two dudes start talking about how there's zombies here and shit ( I guess maybe referring to the people acting like zombies but then he said there were vampires in Romania when my cs friend mentioned he lives in Romania, which was very weird and awkward.)

Anyways we introduce ourselves and then start chatting. A few minutes later we are joined by a land whale with extra thick arms who seemed to take a liking to my Mexican cs friend lol. After a good 10-15 minutes, its quite apparent to me that those three people are weird and lack even the most basic of social skills. I knew I had to gtfo of there so just casually reach for my phone and text the Mexican guy upon he immediately replies back saying he knows what's up lol. I tell him let's bounce in 30 minutes if things don't pick up because I was hoping that some better prospects for befriending would show up. A good 5-10 minutes went by and then suddenly some more people showed up thank god I said. I try to talk to some tall Swedish guy who looked the most alpha out of the bunch of dudes but again his social skills was very weak and I had to try to carry most of the conversation. I manage to snag his contact info after asking him where the to be spots were for each day of the week. Suddenly then I notice to my right there is some attractive looking chick who shows up with a guy who I assumed was her man. They seem to know everyone there and the girl sits between me and my cs friend. She starts talking to the cs guy and appears way more social and energetic compared to the zombies here. I'm thinking alright, maybe there is potential here. A few more people show up. Two tall guys (1 Latvian, not sure about the other) and two more chicks (1 really fat, and one ugly German girl with a lot of freckles).

I try to strike up a conversation with the tall Latvian dude and try to befriend him but again he wasn't much better then the rest of the people there but I managed to get his contact info and he said if he's going out tomorrow he will let me know. The girl's man was talking to the other dude so I just let them be. After a while, suddenly the attractive chick turns her attention towards me and we start talking like friends. It was so much more easy and relaxing to talk to her because she actually had social skills. It turns out she's Turkish and from the USA and just got hitched and moved her with her husband (that guy) because he was just stationed her in Riga for the US Embassy.

The chick seems quite friendly and I couldn't tell if she was into me or not but probably not. She mentioned that the owner had let her use a bazooka before to all of us and then later in the evening while I returned back to the talking to the other tall guy, suddenly I felt someone poking me. I turn around and she's like come with me. I was a little confused. I don't remember if she grabbed my arm, ran her hand on it, or just told me to follow her but then she goes up to the owner and tells the guy to bring out his bazooka to let me hold it lol. I thought she was joking but then the owner walks out with a giant bazooka with the ammunition attached in an empty case I would assume. So I start posing with it and she starts snapping some photos and then asks for my number to send me the photos. I thought It was a little strange that she picked me to go up with her to pose with the gun when it looked like she was getting along better with my friend. Also when the meeting was over she shook everyone's hand except mines and gave me a hug instead, although she did give my friend a hug as well. Anyways I think I'm looking into it too much.

Also I went back to the same pub that I went yesterday. It was the only happening place today. Everywhere else was pretty much dead. Although there looked like more people today, it was a big sausage fest and the only girls who were left weren't very attractive or in very large groups with guys. Not much opportunity to approach. The bartender did however remember me and my friend and gave us a smile. We left him a nice tip when we left so hopefully I'll be treated better in the future here.

Right now I'm feeling really demotivated to approach girls. My circadian rthym is messed up and I can't fall asleep until its like 7am in the morning here and I end up not being able to do any daygame by the time I wake up. Also I'm not sure it its just the limiting beliefs I keep on telling myself that Latvian chicks don't dig foreigners or something but it seems to be working on making me not approach any girls. I'm kind of pissed off at myself actually right now. Ever since that incident with that chick who I tried to pipeline that went south, I haven't been able to shake it off out of my system. I need to get a fucking handle on my emotions and mind. I spent thousands of dollars to come here yet I've only done like 2-3 approaches so far. That's pathetic. I have also been trying to go hard on online game but it has yielded zero results. I have gotten zero matches on tinder, nothing on badoo, nothing on any language exchange websites. I tried to message a few girls on cs today who are coming her soon to see if I could set something up. Tomorrow I'm going to just force myself to go to nightclub alone and also approach girls during the day no matter what even if I fuck up my approach.

Lastly my scammy airbnb host texted me today saying she has an "interesting internet business opportunity for me" and wants to meet with me to discuss it. What the hell woman! This broad just won't leave me alone with her damn scams. I'm just about ready to tell this woman to fuck off literally!

My Travel Journal

It's normal that your sleeping rhythm is messed up (always happens when you fly to Europe) and that you are struggling to find anything going on during the week.

Unless it's a top city I've always found that during the week opportunities are pretty low outside of college parties. I'm in a second tier city and during the week there is only 1 club per night where everyone goes. If you don't know that club or come here as a tourist without the inside track you'd be shit outta luck.

thread-59335.html

My Travel Journal

Bazooka? Really?

[Image: 1301228998.jpg]

My Travel Journal

Quote: (10-14-2016 12:50 AM)kirdiesel Wrote:  

It's normal that your sleeping rhythm is messed up (always happens when you fly to Europe) and that you are struggling to find anything going on during the week.

Unless it's a top city I've always found that during the week opportunities are pretty low outside of college parties. I'm in a second tier city and during the week there is only 1 club per night where everyone goes. If you don't know that club or come here as a tourist without the inside track you'd be shit outta luck.

I'm hoping my sleep pattern can adjust by the end of this week so I can start doing some daygame. I plan on hitting up the old town today and doing a minimum of 5 approaches and then later tonight hit up a club. Also I was really surprised, one of the guys from yesterday who I exchanged contact info actually invited me to go out and have a drink with him. I didn't feel I could connect with any of these guys yesterday so its good to see that I'm slowing easing my way into a local's social circle. I'm just going to act cool today and buy him 1-2 rounds for inviting me out and take it from there.

My Travel Journal

Quote: (10-14-2016 02:27 AM)sterling_archer Wrote:  

Bazooka? Really?

[Image: 1301228998.jpg]

[Image: 9sgswi.jpg]

My Travel Journal

I cannot believe this country. My airbnb host just tried to scam me again with some shady looking Russian guy and wasted an hour of my time that I could have used for daygame. We agree to meet at 3:30pm and then when she shows up tells me there will be another guy joining us here to give me a presentation. She asks if I know anything about bitcoin and blockchain and I tell her not really, 5 minutes later some shady looking old Russian guy who doesn't speak any English (which I think is bullshit because in Latvia they study all three languages here) shows up and gives me a presentation on his laptop about this company called https://kiboplatform.net/en/landing.html. He firsts asks if I'm ambitious and if I want to be successful, blah blah blah... I already know its a scam just by his first question. He says there is two avenues for this, either become an affiliate or something or invest in the company. He was being pushy for me to invest so I told him I need time to think about it and even then he was pushing for an answer by this weekend. I'm just gonna tell him no and to fuck off this sunday. Once he left I googled this company and well and behold look what we have here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comment...ated_scam/
https://bitcointalk.org/index.html?topic=1622153.0

I'm just gonna tell my host to fuck off from now on whenever she wants to meet me.

My Travel Journal

I haven't visited Latvia yet, but your unfortunate stories are textbook example of talk about Latvia being one of scam "capitals" of Europe. Your airbnb host literally made her personal mission to scam you.

My Travel Journal

Day 7:

I met up with the local Latvian guy today at around 8pm all suited up ready to do some damage but was met with sneakers, jeans, and a hoodie from the guy. I guess he wasn't looking to go clubbing tonight. He tells me he's going to take me to some bar where he knows one of the bartenders that could could get us really cheap beer and then meet with his girlfriend who's with her friend (Wait a minute... her friend?)

So he starts walking and taking me all around all these secret corners and then walks into some kind of sketchy looking bar and I'm thinking is this guy going to try and scam me too here lol but luckily its not the right one. After walking around for a good 5-10 minutes he finally locates the bar, which is right beside the bar that I went to yesterday for the cs meeting. The name of the bar is some gamer's bar or something. Upon entry I am greeted by a lair of fat geeks and unkept dudes. He does a quick scan and then bolts with me in toll. We walk back to the main busy area in old town but then he says he can't find the place where his gf is at. After walking for another good 5-10 minutes, he spots his gf inside of lido's. He quickly introduces me to her and I shake her hand. I was both surprised at how much friendlier she was compared to the other Latvians and also that she was just below average looking compared to a typical Latvian. Maybe a 5 on a good day. Man, this dude was dating down but I guess what can you expect from a guy who's into playing computer games and shit like that. His gf grabs food while he walks me over to the bar area and we order two beers. I offer to pay for his drink and then we all sit somewhere in the back. I try to genuinely take an interest in both of them, finding out about their hobbies, stuff they do, viewpoints, etc and the conversation ended up being not bad. I was actually dreading the conversation part because yesterday was fucking awful like pulling teeth out with all of those cs people. After a good 15-20 minutes his gf bolts next door to be with her friend and tells us to go next door when we finish our beers. Me and the Latvian guy get a good conversation going, and we talk about Latvian history and also Feminism lol. After we are done, we head next door.

As we approach the table where his gf is seated, I notice some middle aged blonde women who looked maybe Russian or something maybe a 6. I'm quickly introduced and it soon becomes apparent that she's been drinking a bit more than usual but is extremely friendly. I find out she's German and just got married and is moving to Hong Kong soon. Not sure if I would have wanted to bang her but I guess this automatically crosses her out of my list. Today was their ladies night out. We all start chatting and then this women is telling me all about beers in Latvia and even tells me to have a sip of her beer lol. After talking for a good 30-45 minutes we bolt to this small cafe called cafe cuba which seems kind of lively. We quickly make ourselves at home and I order the guy 1 more round (alright that's it, no more free drinks from me). The German women is like let's go dance to the whole group so we all follow her lead. There's a DJ there playing Michael Jackson Billy Jean but no one's on the dance area dancing. We quickly become the center of attention at the place. I do a quick scan of the place and notice 2 couples sitting on the sidelines. The girls all looked bored sitting there and envious to go dance while their guy is just sitting there sipping his drink. So we'll all just there dancing for 2-3 songs enjoying ourselves and I also notice the latvian guy making out with his gf, leaving me and the german woman just dancing by ourselves which I found was kind of weird. Anyways the German woman is like let's go to another place. I want to dance there so we all begin to walk out of the dance floor. Just as this happens, I notice a flood of girls start hitting up the dance floor. Fuck!

Next we hit up a place called rock cafe. It's a huge cafe/lounge/club building. Pretty much the whole building is one entertainment unit. There is karaoke downstairs in the basement, a DJ and dance floor upstairs, some take out area right in front, and the think the rest was for sitting down to eat or private functions. The German woman leads us upstairs to the dance floor and she runs out to go grab another beer lol leaving me with the latvian couple. The start dancing and making out again while I'm dancing by myself and just scanning the room. I spot an average looking chick about 3-4 feet away from me, 1-2 groups of girls all the way in front, some hot tall looking chick out in front dancing by herself who I'm pretty sure was just there for the attention and pretty much the entire dance floor loaded with dudes. On the sidelines are seats, where there's couples as well. You can pretty much see it in the chick's eyes that they want to go dancing but the dudes are either too busy drinking her alcohol or too chicken to go to dance floor. I'm thinking I should go approach the average looking chick, but my approach anxiety starts kicking in again. I fucking hate nightclubs, I can't stand them and have the worse approach anxiety and luck with them. I'm a much better daygamer and feel way more comfortable doing that. Anyways my hesitation leads to the chick getting approached by guys but she quickly fends them all off one after another. One overweight guy got really offended that he said something to her and made her walk away even further from him. I guess she just came her for the attention. The other hot tall chick has now moved to the back and is pretty mooning these two tall dudes. She's doing some sort of stripper dance, bending down and flashing her ass out and swinging side to side for all to see. The two guys from behind her try to strike up a conversation with her but she blows them off. Ouch! Another attention whore. The latvian guy soon takes off to go the washroom, leaving me and the two girls dancing together. I soon notice some jackass trying to surround my group and tries to make eye contact with me so he can pretend to be friends with me and swoop in and try to steal the Latvian guy's gf. Not tonight my friend. I move over to where he's stationed and immediately turn my back on him, shutting him out. He gives up after 10 seconds.

Soon, I start noticing groups of girls coming in but they are all in pairs or large groups. Damn! I try to think and rationalize in my head, how the hell do I approach these girls. Do I try to make and keep extended eye contact with them and then approach, do I just jump in and say something, or do I just try and dance behind or in front of them? I was analyzing too much instead of taking action. Minutes pass by and I'm still dancing there all alone while the German woman has returned with a beer in her hand and passing it to each of us to have a sip. At this point, I notice her legs and as expected she's overweight and I lose all interest in her. She also whips out her phone and starts taking group pics with all of us there but the only thing on my mind was how the hell do I approach these girls here. After doing jackshit for a while, we end up leaving the dance floor and going downstairs to the karaoke. I'm kicking myself on the inside for being such a pussy.

Downstairs the place is equally packed. There's some people on stage singing karaoke and the other people are just dancing. I spoke several groups of girls together but no chicks alone. Some of the girls were decent looking but not really anything to write home about and there were a few fatties too. In yet another pathetic performance, I do absolutely nothing until the German woman tells us she has to leave so we all leave the venue and take off.

Fuck! Another wasted night. The only thing I accomplished was getting closer into the Latvian guy's social circle but no approaches, no #'s, no nothing. I really need to start getting earlier so that I can do some daygame. Luckily tomorrow I won't need to see my scammy airbnb host anymore so I plan on hitting up old town in the afternoon and doing some daygame after having breakfast and working out. Also I have been in contact with another guy on cs from Serbia and he's arriving tomorrow evening so we're going to go hang out and grab some beers. He could potential be a good wingman unlike the last cs guy that just left. We'll see.

My Travel Journal

If I were you I'd roll solo. Get a list of the best day game/night game places and really get some approaches in. This way you can control all interactions and are not reliant on anyone else.

That guy who has a gf is not gonna be interested in helping you at all. It's better to be alone than roll with a shitty wingman who is gonna hold you back.

thread-59335.html

My Travel Journal

Quote: (10-15-2016 05:14 AM)kirdiesel Wrote:  

If I were you I'd roll solo. Get a list of the best day game/night game places and really get some approaches in. This way you can control all interactions and are not reliant on anyone else.

That guy who has a gf is not gonna be interested in helping you at all. It's better to be alone than roll with a shitty wingman who is gonna hold you back.

The thing is here if you show up alone, its automatically a DLV.

My Travel Journal

Quote: (10-15-2016 07:41 AM)destiny Wrote:  

Quote: (10-15-2016 05:14 AM)kirdiesel Wrote:  

The thing is here if you show up alone, its automatically a DLV.

Honestly I'd just lie about it.

thread-59335.html

My Travel Journal

Day 8: OMG what a fucked up night this was. Its 6am in the morning and I just got home. I caught the cold yesterday or something and have been fighting with a mild runny rose and a sore throat. Needless to say this makes speaking difficult. I had to run out and buy some meds last night. I didn't get up until like 3pm and then noticed I was getting some messages back from a two chicks online in Riga. Finally my online game is paying off. I read somewhere that gaming Russians requires a different style of game compared to Western style where you need to persist to get the prize (I saw a Russian guy pull this off in a club but will get to it later). I wanted to go out and daygame but I had already put some effort into online gaming these two chicks so decided I was going to try and push the interaction as far as possible to get them out. One of them went offline so I was left with just one, an 18 year old Russian brunette. I couldn't really tell if she was really interested because at times she would send me really short replies, and other times long ass replies in multiple messages. Anyways I decided I needed to build some rapport and comfort with her because I previously planted the idea of us hanging out together but didn't really get a solid answer from her. I was determined to try and get her out or at least some sort of compliance like her giving me her #. I figure what the hell do I have to lose at this point? None of the local women are giving me the time of the day anyways. So we start chatting and I try to dig deep into her passions and interests and try to connect with her. Then I try planting ideas of us getting together again but she keeps on saying she is shy to speak English with me, so I try to use some humor and more bonding with her. I start asking her about nightclubs and stuff and then she actually told me she wanted to go with me to a nightclub but was too shy or something. Anyways I just checked my inbox and noticed she sent me her number which is really surprising considering she kept on claiming she was too shy to speak English to hang out with me. I guess my persistence paid off but now the final test is to see whether she actually agrees to meetup.

Now onto nightgame. Yesterday I mentioned that I was going to meetup with a new couchsurfing dude from Serbia, well it turns out that he missed his flight and won't be arriving until tomorrow. I received his message right after I had gotten dressed and ready to hit the clubs. Anyways I was determined not to let his blunder get in the way of me gaming so I went out anyways. I opened up hangouts on couchsurfing and tried to look for some company first to get into a social mood before bouncing off to do my own thing unless the people were cool, in which case I would invite them to come with me. So I noticed there were a good amount of people today who were using the hangout function and I actually got in contact with 2 different groups of people and also had 1 additional fobby Indian guy who wanted to hangout but I declined his request. One of the two people disappeared on me, while the other I had some trouble arranging a convenient meeting location with them. After some back and forth in front of Lido's I was like ah fuck it! I'm just staying here in Lido's and eating dinner. We agreed to meetup at some bar called French bar which supposingly has some of the cheapest beers in Riga. I paid like 2 euros for 0.5L. So after eating dinner and feeling abit lonely, I head to the French Bar. I wasn't actually expecting the other guy's group to show up because we were arguing over a convenient location but he said he would be there later. I show up at the class, which is a tiny ass bar in the basement somewhere. The place is practically empty with like 3 small groups of people. I spot two blonde chicks walk in front of me and go down but then are greeted by their friends, these two local guys so I decide not to strike up a conversation with them. I seat myself over to the other side of the bar area and notice two chicks talking amongst themselves. I debate for a while to open them but ultimately chicken out and they leave. A few more guys start coming in and I try to make eye contact with them to strike up a conversation, but the guy beside me gives me a dirty look and turns away wtf.

I'm sitting there thinking ah great! Looks like I'll be hitting the club alone tonight. About 5-10 minutes past and then all of a sudden I am approached by some tall black guy and asks if my name is so and so. I'm kind of surprised he knew that, and then he introduces himself and introduces some fat old Russian guy and some old Russian women by one of the two tables to the side. I wasn't paying attention to them but I guess they actually showed up at the place. I had actually conversed with some younger looking Russian dude and was surprised at how much fatter and older the guy was in person. It must have been a really old photo. So we all sit down and we all start talking. The black guy tells me he's from London and I can tell by the way he is dressed and also his accent. The older Russian guy is a lawyer from Moscow and the other women didn't even speak English. The Russian guy tells me he arranges weekend tricks to Riga from Moscow regularly and this week he's coming with this two people. Me and the Russian start talking about the women here in Riga and how I don't get much love from them. I also tell him about my lack of success online using tinder and badoo and then he shows me some Russian app that is integrated with Facebook. I think it was called topface. He was like you should install that and also sign up for speed dating here lol. He was like that was how I got laid here before.

A few minutes past by and I can kind of sense that the black guy is into game and clubbing so I ask him, if he's single or not and if he's down for clubbing later. The black guy is like ya ya. Alright I have a wing man for tonight! After that, I notice he immediately opens some hipster looking blonde chick who's about a 5.5 on the side. He somehow gets her to come sit down with us and he spends a good 10-15 minutes chatting to this girl. I'm thinking in my mind, this guy has good game. My phone's battery is pretty much dead at this point so the Russian lends me his charger. For some reason, ever since I got my phone unlocked and added in this sim card from Latvia, my phone's battery life has been draining like crazy. I used to be able to squeeze at least 15-24 hrs out of it but now it won't last more than 3-5 hours at most. I'm not sure if its the data that's draining the battery life but it has cost me some opportunities.

After the black guy finishes his conversation with the chick, we all decide to leave, the Russian and the woman say they are going to go home, but he will message me together about something while the black guy is like ya, let me ditch these people first and then we'll go. I decide to dress up as more hipster style today so I chose spot kafe. It was suppose to be a club with more foreign girls. I figured why not, after not getting much attention from the local ladies. When we arrived, it immediately became apparent to me that the place was small and tiny. We quickly left within 10 secs. I actually just googled it and I meant to go to shot kafe not spot kafe so that explains the shitty club. As we leave and walk outside, we start discussing what our other options are. He notices some club across from us with two girls standing outside. He's like "do you want to check it out?" I figure why not? He approaches the two chicks and starts speaking a few words of Russian with them or something (He works in Moscow). They tell him its like every other club so we decide to scoop it out. The club was in the basement and was very bright colored. All the walls were painted white and there were a small dance floor with two other sections with tables for people to sit down and eat I presume. The ratios were pretty good about 40-50/50 f/m. I didn't see a single tourist there and I'm pretty sure it was just local Latvians at the club. Most of the chicks were pretty hot, a 7 and above. I saw maybe 2-3 fatties and that was it. After ordering drinks, the black guy says he needs to take off for a bit to grab his phone from his hotel so ditches me there. Once he leaves, I immediately feel anxiety creeping up and completely out of place. I felt like one of the those dudes with a beer in his hand standing by the sidelines lol. While standing there, I did notice that non of the local Latvian guys approached any girls. There were a few dudes standing near the dance floor while the rest were huddled in the back. I have to say though, these dudes were pretty well dressed, about a third were wearing blazers or dress shirts. Nothing compared to the trashy hipster style from Rock Cafe yesterday. As I'm standing there with a drink in my hand, one blonde chick approaches me and says something to me in Latvian. I ask her "What?" and she repeats herself and then takes off. I think she was an employee or something. They definitely don't like to speak English to foreigners here, even when I'm at the supermarket or restaurant. My anxiety levels at this point is at end all time high. I get no stares or eye contact with any of the chicks here. I did observe an notice one Latvian guy jump out in front of chicks who were walking by and just grabbed them and started dancing. The chicks seemed to be somewhat receptive to his style of game as they were laughing and smiling. There seemed to be a lot of close knit social circles at the club as well, with a lot of people knowing each other. After waiting for what seemed like an eternity, my wing finally arrives. I'm thinking cool, now I can get my social juices up and start approaching, but my wing also doesn't do anything and just lingers. Even though me and him are the other non-latvian dudes there, we had zero exotic factor, in fact it probably made us look worse. He says let's bounce because this club is shit so we take off and look for another club. As we walk through the streets in old town, he points to some club up ahead. We decide to check it out but the place is dead with a huge sausage fest so we leave.

I tell him, I know this place that supposed to have foreigners there so let's check it out. We agree and make our way to Kalku Varti which is a restaurant with a club in the basement. Cover is free. The place is decent with ample room, with about a ratio of 30/70 when we arrived. We both start scouting the place for targets, and the vibe feels less cliquey compared to the other Latvian club we were at earlier. There were some good looking girls here but also some foreigners. I saw like 3 black guys who were aggressive with the women (caveman style) and also some suited up Asian guy with his friend. We spot 3 girls on the side dancing so we make her way over there and start dancing near them, but we don't approach them yet. I spot a girl by herself standing near the center of the stage but not dancing so I figured she's bored and lonely. I make my way over to her and open her "Come on, dance, this is a nightclub." I yell out. She just gives me a apathetic smirk and then ignores me as I make my way back to my wing who's still stationed around the three chicks. With my peripherals I also notice another 3 girls to my left in our vicinity. Two short blondes, and a tall brunette. The blondes were probably 5.5-6 and the brunette probably a 6.5. The place was very dark so I couldn't tell 100%, but I noticed the brunette looking at a me a few times when I had walked by or so I thought. I mention it to my wing. He takes a look and then we notice the brunette and her friend walk by us and glances at me and then goes to the coat area. My wing is like "Dude, you better jump on that, it doesn't get anymore obvious". I honestly couldn't tell if she's interested or not, because I have been rejected outright before in the past when I approached girls who looked at me directly. My wing is like "OMG, if your not going to jump on that, I will and then storms off after the two girls." I run after him and then notices he opened the two girls and then quickly introduces me to the brunette. She has a big smile on her face so I know I'm in. Damn, why can't I better pick up on when a girl's interested in me in a nightclub?
She says she's going out to have a smoke but invites me and my wing to go join them. My wing is like nah I'm staying here to work on the other targets and abandons me. I was quite nervous to be left with these two girls but nonetheless say fuck it! I grabbed my coat and then headed upstairs to the front entrance where they were smoking. We start chatting and I found out they are from Moscow and here on vacation. They will be leaving tomorrow as well. Why does every chick who shows interest in me always end up leaving the very next day?

We chat a little bit, and I try to kino both of them, gently touching her shoulder and forearm when I tell a joke or make a point. She seems receptive to it. After a few minutes, we all head back inside and start dancing. I'm still feeling nervous at this point, but push through anyways even though I wanted to eject. Besides worrying about my shitty dance moves and how to escalate and extract this chick to go home, my mind was also preoccupied on whether or not she was a scammer. I read plenty of stories about men being scammed in nightclubs and didn't want to become another victim of this scam. I also mentioned it to my wing and he agreed that we should be cautious. I also pointed out that two of the black guys who were with chicks, were probably were scammer chicks because one of them was dressed like a stripper while the other was just sitting on the side with a purse in her lap, scanning the place. It looked very suspicious.

Things start off slow, with her dancing near me, but then I look for an opportunity to touch her. I grab her hand during one song and spin her around and I guess that's all it took because before I knew it, this chick was all over me. She was grabbing my hands, locking our fingers, running her hands through my back and chest, and kept smiling at me. It felt a little awkward to me because I have never experienced this level of aggressiveness from a chick before. We continue to dance and this chick likes to lean up against me and rest her head on my shoulders. I'm thinking alright, you need to escalate things now. During some of the dances, I try to run my hands up and down her body and caress her ass gently. I figure I need to go for the kiss too. I wait for her to lean into me again and then I place my hand on the back of her neck and shoulder but she just rests her head on my shoulders. Fuck! We dance some more and she does the same thing. Dances away, grabs my hand, leans her back against my chest, then spins around and rests her head on my shoulder. Each time I attempt to try to move her head up but no go. Then I was like fuck it, when she was leaned up against me again, I kissed her neck, hoping that would make it easier to kiss her again. Again she leans in to my shoulder. I grab her neck and try to move her face up but only manage to kiss the side of her cheek. Then she runs off to grab a drink and tells me she'll be back.
I turn and face my wing and tell me I'm not getting anywhere with this chick, how do I extract her. He's like "at this time? Your not getting the bang, but I hope you got her number." It was 2am in the morning so I don't know what he's talking about. I'm like no. He shakes his head and rolls his eyes. She soon returns with a drink in her hand. I know from reading stories that girls drug drinks and hand it over to guys so I told my wing, make sure you don't drink any of that. He agrees.

Things soon pick up where they started. She's all over me again and can't get hands off of me. I yell into her ear
"You know, I'm going to have to give me your number."
She looks at me and shakes her head. "uh-uh"
"Why not?" I ask.
"I don't know you yet." She replies.
I'm thinking oh boy. This must be that persistence shit I read about on Roosh V with Russian women. I decide to wait a little bit and then try again. We continue dancing and I try yet again but fail to kiss her. Fuck, she's toying with me. She tells me she's gonna be back and then takes off with her friends.

I walk up to my wing and tell him she's playing with me. He's like alright let's go over there and try with those other girls. We make our way over to another set of 3 girls. I notice the girls looking at my wing and tell him to go make a move. He reassures me that he will but then does nothing. We just station ourselves there dancing. About 10 minutes past by and the girl and her friends finally return but they are at the previous spot. I see her dancing with her friends but I figure it's probably good not to always be hovering around her and instead make her come to me. I start noticing guys coming up to her trying to dance with her but she quickly blows all of them off. Another 5-10 minutes past by and I casually walk near her. We lock eyes and she flashes me a smile but doesn't come over. I wasn't going to go walk over to her again and give up my frame. I give her a come hither motion and she soon makes her way over to me and we start dancing again. She's grabbing my hands, wrapping her arms around me, resting her head on my chest, but I can't get the kiss!

She whispers into my ear
"This is very strange."
I didn't quite understand what she meant by this.
"This is in Riga." She said something else in broken English but I didn't understand her.
I think what she was trying to say was, she never expected to fall for a guy from Canada in Riga and therefore its strange that we met here in Riga.
My wing at this point says he's tired and ditches me. I'm like "bro don't leave me here to get scammed." lol
I try again and ask for her number. She looks at me again and smiles. She's like "ok, do you have facebook, whatsapp, instagram?"
I open whatsapp and she's like no, facebook. I'm thinking facebook? wtf. I shake my head. Looking back at it, I probably should have just given her my facebook because her number is useless once I go back to Canada and I ain't about to spend money on long distance.
She looks at me all sad and says "It's a big mistake."
I contemplated backtracking on the facebook but didn't want to seem like I was giving up my frame so just stuck to my guns. I figured she would eventually fall into my frame and give me her number.
We continue dancing and this chick is like resting her head on my shoulder and shaking it side to side like in a no motion, which didn't make any sense. We embrace and interwine our fingers and continue dancing and she keeps on whispering into my ear "This is very strange." She was like kissing my neck but wouldn't let me kiss her lips.
A couple of other Russian dudes also attempt to dance with her when she moves away from me, but she quickly blows all of them off and then comes back to me. She also tells me to look at all of the Russian men there, looking dissatisfied and disappointed with their level of aggressiveness. She's like "Look at those Russian men, they are so aggressive." I guess she didn't like that style of game. I was surrounded by a circle of pissed off looking Russian men who say me and her dancing intimately. I was worried I might get my ass kicked by these jealous dudes lol.
I was pretty much the center of attention and I could see all the other girls sitting down by the seats checking me out while I was dancing with the girl.
Things continue like this for a while and then finally she nodds her head and I ask her one more time for her number. I whip out my phone but the fucking battery has died. Fuck me! She looks disappointed and I'm like just add me on your phone. She is like this is fate or something and wasn't meant to be. Fuck! This is the second time I lost digits because of problems with my phone.
Also around this time, there was another jacked Russian dude who was hovering around one of her friend. The girl initially rejected him coldly but he just stood his ground and continued to hover around her, grabbing her. I know in North America doing something like this would have branded you a creep and been an instant turn off, but I noticed that she eventually warmed up to him and by the end of the night, they were making out! I guess with Russian women, persistence does pay off.

Her other friend was aching to really go home at this point and kept on nagging her and the other friend who was with the other guy, so eventually she succumbed. She kissed my forehead and was like this is very strange and gives me a big warm huge and I try one more time to kiss her but no go.

Outside we chat a little bit and the other Russian dude is still hovering around her friend and they kiss. I give her a big hug and then we depart ways.
I still haven't gotten the chance to do daygame yet but if the locals aren't digging me then I think its a safe bet to switch things up and target tourist here. That's two chicks now from the FSU (Ukraine and Russia).

What a crazy fucking night!