rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Gyro Progress Log; Feedback appreciated

I've been approaching casually so far, and i've been netting numbers here and there. I tend to get carried away as an entertainer (clown game) in social interactions, but I'm slowly backing away from this.

Also need to learn to be comfortable expressing desire, Salsa/bachata has been helping with this. I'm still clueless as to how to escalate during an initial encounter so I've been number closing a lot.

Anyways, need some feedback on how I've been handling my texts:

At first when texting, I'd send long, back and forth "clown"-like texts. Joking around, but after like 4 or 5 girls, I realized this is an absolute terrible waste of time/effort and usually ended with nothing. Honestly, looking back, this looks extremely "needy" as well.

So I decided to switch things up.

I met this cute Armenian girl, and it's the first time I've been direct and to the point. Literally the entire text exchange was comprised of solely logistics. No emotion, nothing. It's worked pretty well so far to be honest.
Anyways, I texted her like two days ago (sunday) and set up a meeting for friday; my only concern is that I texted her far too early. It's going to be like a 5 day gap.
Should I text her early on friday, asking her something along the lines of :
"are we still on for today?" or does this make me come from a position of weakness.

Thank you in advance guys

Also, any thoughts on "clown" game....it's been extremely ineffective for me so far.

Seems like girls respond much better to "James Bond"-type dry witty, remarks more-so than Kevin Hart/Zach Galifinakis-like persona humor.

My humor is my strongest personality trait, so I'm trying to leverage that but I need to learn to do far less monkey-business bullshit and more direct, targeted humor.

You are on the right track. Humor alone doesn't get you anywhere. If not only stand up comedians and clowns will be fucking all the girls around the world. Rather than being funny be a fun conversationalist. Role playing,guessing and myth works well in this case. Then build comfort. Pick up is done in the comfort zone. Talk about the girls interest and try to connect with her, ask her open ended questions which she will not reply in one word. In the same time , express your interest in a creative way. Make a few sentences. For example, let's say you are an engineering student(which is quite boring for girls). But you can still make it interesting:

You: I do engineering. I start with an abstract idea and try to implement it in real life in an intelligent way. A few days ago, I created a special kind of chemical, its called love potion. Once you take it you will fall deeply in love with the first person you look at. Just be careful not to look at the street beggar over there, or your life is over. I can sell some of this magic liquid if you want?

Or

You: I do engineering. I love machines, and yes boats, boats are amazing. I am building a big yacht right now. Me and you, we will ride the yacht and go to an isolated island in the middle of the pacific ocean. There we will build bonfire, catch fish and swim happily in the sea. Then at night we make sweet love in the small chalet that we will build ourselves. We can also fight the big dangerous dinosaur which will try to kill us.

Say it with a a light smirk.

Text msg is hit and luck. There can be lots of reason a girl might not reply you back. Always go for the instant date, if the girls in not free then go for the number. The girl comes first, then the number. There is already enough written in the Forum about txt msg. Do some search in the forum search bar. Check out Roosh's book or London Daygame Model(Nick Krauser). The txt method is different in these books. See which one suits you. Remember that the main of aim of txt msg is to get the girl out on a date and not to give too much needless attention.

Quote: (10-04-2016 11:17 PM)Gyro Wrote:  

I've been approaching casually so far, and i've been netting numbers here and there. I tend to get carried away as an entertainer (clown game) in social interactions, but I'm slowly backing away from this.

Also need to learn to be comfortable expressing desire, Salsa/bachata has been helping with this. I'm still clueless as to how to escalate during an initial encounter so I've been number closing a lot.

Dancing you are already touching. Ramp up the touching in a way that increases touching in sexual manner but still normal within the confines of that dancing style. Now you have thr sexual intent set and time to build comfort.

Quote:Quote:

Anyways, need some feedback on how I've been handling my texts:

At first when texting, I'd send long, back and forth "clown"-like texts. Joking around, but after like 4 or 5 girls, I realized this is an absolute terrible waste of time/effort and usually ended with nothing. Honestly, looking back, this looks extremely "needy" as well.

So I decided to switch things up.

I met this cute Armenian girl, and it's the first time I've been direct and to the point. Literally the entire text exchange was comprised of solely logistics. No emotion, nothing. It's worked pretty well so far to be honest.
Anyways, I texted her like two days ago (sunday) and set up a meeting for friday; my only concern is that I texted her far too early. It's going to be like a 5 day gap.
Should I text her early on friday, asking her something along the lines of :
"are we still on for today?" or does this make me come from a position of weakness.

Thank you in advance guys

No don't text her that. Say "I'm running a few minutes late. i'll see you shortly."

Then she'll reveal her intentions with a nonresponse, flake response or confirmation.

I wouldntplan that far ahead. Make it seem spontaneous even if it's planned.

Update guys!

So I just got back from my first non-hooker bang off tinder and it really kind of shifted my view on sex/relationships in general.

I know one tinder bang doesn't seem like a big deal to a lot of folks out there in the community but I was viewing sex/relationships through a very "selfish" light before my epiphany today.

I've lead a very selfish life up until now, and one of my business mentors told me to start giving and eventually, even if some people don't reciprocate, the universe tends to give back. So this theme of "giving" has been ringing pretty loud in my mind lately...and I've been practicing it in every level I can.

So I met up with this chick off tinder, and beforehand I've always seen sex as something purely robotic, transactional (I developed this fucked up worldview from banging hookers as my "firsts").

So I never got into the "rhythm"...say what you want about tinder but I could sense pretty strongly that this girl was into me so the sex was pretty good. And somewhere in the middle it clicked.

When it came to sex I was just trying to "get off", I never wanted to give "intimacy" or share myself with anyone...I was just trying to orgasm and leave. Now this is where the root of my problems lies and now I know where to start plowing.

thanks for the advice in previous posts guys, I'm feeling myself grow into a better man by the hour and honestly, to be frank, without the advice I have gotten on this site, I wouldn't be very far in life. So thank you all for your generosity.

Anyways, things that can improve:

- I felt like tinder was too easy, there was no "gaming" involved so I don't think I got better at persuasion or any of that...it was more of an inner game revelation.

- this was only a step above prostitution, the only thing that was different was that we were both into each other

Goals for the future:

- finally ask out a girl that I prospect and that I approached and that I like... I want to build the attraction from the ground up, not rely on either alcohol or some app to make things "easier".

I've always found that the harder route is the most fulfilling....that being said I'm far from having the balls to daygame haha so I'm sticking to social network which is somewhat limited.

Had a girl over for a good while to smoke hookah with me in my living room but my friends weren't leaving me alone with her. I kept hinting at going to my room, but when it became like 3:00 am they started leaving and the girl suddenly wanted to leave as well.

We were vibing pretty well at first and I started kinoing a bit too, but it led nowhere in the end cuz too many people were around. The friends that were over were girls so I felt like they were deliberately cock blocking and succeeded. What should I do in a situation like this next time? And why are friends that are girls shitty in situations like this?

Also should I text the girl tomorrow/Monday with "hey it's gyro, you seem like a pretty cool girl, let's grab dinner"?? Don't want this lead to die...

EDIT: after thinking about this, I should've just asked the girl to dance, started grinding on her, then potentially making out on the dance floor, then straight to my pad afterward...instead of getting her number and inviting her to a hookah after party with my friends.....oh well an important lesson on logistics was learned!

Update: set up a date for Friday; here was the txt exchange, feedback appreciated:

-me: hey yesterday was fun, let's hangout later this week

Her: Hey!! it was! Let's do it. What do you want to do?

Me: Yah I'm free Friday afternoon, let's grab some sushi

Her: what time?

Me: like 6 pm

I'll follow up on Thursday asking for a confirmation? But there's a couple glaring errors in this exchange:

(1) I suggested a food venue for the first place...this sucks, I should have done a coffee shop then venue change.

(2) date time is literally at the end of the week which skyrockets the chance of flakiness... really should of gunned for an earlier day but my personal logistics/calendar won't allow for it

I'm thinking of pivoting to a coffee shop suggestion when I text to confirm on the day of so that I can try and adhere to Tut's first date bang recipe.

I'd leave your plans as they are. She was enthusiastic in her response. She even asked what you wanted to do and agreed to it. I don't think she is going to flake.
She has an idea of what the night is going to be like. Changing plans might mess with her and make her nervous.

I basically had my first date ever so a pat on the back for myself there. It's a good milestone but lots of work remains; here are the details, please provide feedback because that's how I can get better.

-met up with her at a restaurant
-dominated the conversation with interesting stories, I got her talking a bit and she was giving tons of IOIs but I never really led the convo in a sexual direction
- didn't really kino at all
-I tried to do a venue bounce but she mentioned she wanted to go to the gym after dinner and that she was waking up early the next day to volunteer ... so I didn't follow up
- we split the bill lol; she didn't drink
-walked her home, and she invited me inside...went inside but there was like 3 other girls around and I didn't get a sexual vibe going so essentially nothing happened

- she sent a couple follow up texts that showed a lot of enthusiasm

My questions:

(1) should I just cut this lead? Is this bitch wasting my time? (No make-out on first date; is it salvageable though)

(2) how do I be more aggressive? ( I should have kino'd or escalated in her house)

Anyways I learned a lot, it was a great experience, and I'm proud of myself for finally having the balls to set up a date. I'm going to go out today to hunt for more leads/bangs! I appreciate the feedback guys, once I'm a stonecold player...i promise to do the same to up and comers.

I went out and a really good bout with opening and did fairly well doing some light touching; I feel like I was bouncing around way too much from person to person in the club though. I should focus on completing one swing at a time instead of cutting off and bouncing to another group. It's effective in maintaining interest/mystery but a lot of open prospects were closed by other people after. Feel like this might be some more advanced shit so I'll pivot to one-at-a-times

One of my friends with me commented that I'm good at getting initial attraction but needed to be more aggressive with the girls and I agree.

Im going to focus on incorporating this into my personality; anyone have any tips to get more comfortable being more aggressive with approaches??

I think this stems from passive aggressiveness that I need to work on as well. Right now, I'm going to go down to meet my "friend" who has been trying to rope me into a cult pyramid scheme using psychological "tricks" and I'm going to use this as practice being direct and aggressive in face of people trying to persuade rather than limp-wristed, avoidance of confrontation.

Overall a win so far for this week.

I have two dates lined up this week: one tomorrow morning and one on Thursday.

I had to work around my schedule so that's why I have a weird morning date tomorrow, but I'm just going to apply the tried and proven Tut's first date bang recipe on Thursday for sure. For tomorrow, I'll try to do a follow-up maybe a week later but if an opportunity presents itself, I will by all means strike.

I talked to another friend, who pretty much pressured me into being straightforward through a random call that got me the upcoming date on Thursday. So for newbies that are struggling, it's because we are pussyfooting way too much....girls are confused about our intentions because we're not revealing our intentions. It's really as simple as saying:

"Hey I really like hanging around with you , and I think we should hang out"
Instead of fucking around, and playing games.

Also going out on Friday with a girl that I'm crushing hard on (social circle friend group) but have not been straightforward with. I'm not quite sure on how to appropriately handle this without alienating anyone in the circle, I don't think I've been completely sidelined yet, but the window is closing and it's closing quick, so I'm going to be vigilant come Friday.

I'll report back with the details tomorrow.