rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

NYT: American Women Are So Messed Up Because the Pill Makes You Mentally Ill

We've talked many times on this board about why American women are so messed up. They're unhappy. They're unstable. They're overweight in shocking numbers. But why? They didn't used to be this way. My grandmother was a happy, stable person who loved her husband a lot.

Well, today the New York Times has an answer for us: the contraceptives most women take are making them crazy. Using the pill increases your risk for depression by 80%. Progestin only pills double your risk. Certain IUDs can TRIPLE it.

The lead from the story in the NYT:

Quote:Quote:

Hormonal contraceptives are associated with an increased risk for depression, a large study has found.

Danish researchers studied more than a million women ages 15 to 34, tracking their contraceptive and antidepressant use from 2000 to 2013. The study excluded women who before 2000 had used antidepressants or had another psychiatric diagnosis.

Over all, compared with nonusers, users of hormonal contraception had an 80 percent increased risk of depression. Some types of contraceptives carried even greater risk. Women who used progestin-only pills more than doubled their risk, for example, while those who used those who used the levonorgestrel IUD (brand name Mirena) tripled their risk. The risk persisted after adjusting for age, age of first intercourse, educational level and other factors.

Now that we know this risk is so great, will anything be done to curb this? I'm thinking no. Big pharma and "Women's Rights" will keep ensuring this stuff is prescribed to practically every girl in her teens, twenties, and thirties. And the result will be untold misery.

I can't find where I read this, but I believe that long term use of birth control ultimately renders the women who use it infertile. Fool nature long enough and she'll have the last laugh.

Secondly, I believe that women are meant to have children, and denying themselves this, puts a cumulative strain on their psyche.

It's why I always practice 'natural' birth control with the women I date, as I believe that the less artificial modifications to our sex life there are, the better.

G

Is it the hormones of the IUDs/pills, or the psychological scarring of the cock carousel that contraceptives enable access to, that makes a chick depressed?

Probably both, but the psychological effects of high notch counts are harder to quantify.

Its one of them. You can correlate women and girls personal problems with the advent of women-only magazines with perfect women on the front page and throughout.

Go into any store and look at the aisles of female magazines. "Lose 15lbs in 3 weeks and still look fabulous!". Feeding on female insecurity and ramping it up even more has made them vulnerable psychologically.

Thinking back on my experiences this does make sense.

Every girl I've dated that has been on the pill has suffered with some sort of depression / anxiety / jealousy.

The small amount of girls that weren't on the pill were the ones with their heads screwed on (did not throw tantrums / weren't overly jealous / etc)

“It is far better for a man to go wrong in freedom than to go right in chains.” Thomas Henry Huxley

The Drum & Bass Music Thread
The Dubstep Music Thread

Quote: (10-02-2016 03:12 PM)Foolsgo1d Wrote:  

Go into any store and look at the aisles of female magazines. "Lose 15lbs in 3 weeks and still look fabulous!". Feeding on female insecurity and ramping it up even more has made them vulnerable psychologically.

I remember a few months ago I was looking at the rack of goofy magazines they have by the checkout line at my local pharmacy.

Men's Health had a cover story rather like "Lose 15 pounds in six weeks with this program"

One of the lady magazines had a cover story rather like "Lose 15 pounds in two weeks with this program"

Motherfuckers why does it have to take me six weeks when she can supposedly do it in two

Quote: (10-02-2016 03:23 PM)UlteriorMotive Wrote:  

Thinking back on my experiences this does make sense.

Every girl I've dated that has been on the pill has suffered with some sort of depression / anxiety / jealousy.

The small amount of girls that weren't on the pill were the ones with their heads screwed on (did not throw tantrums / weren't overly jealous / etc)

Exact same experience, every woman I knew who was on the pill was depressed or BPD or both.

Things I've heard about the pill, from science articles and from women themselves:

- it lowers women's sex drive
- it changes women's sexual preferences toward men who are more effeminate (possibly making them more prone to lesbianism? Iunno)
- it makes them depressed/crazy
- it makes them gain weight
- traces of artificial hormones are now showing up in drinking water, so it really can't be avoided

So yeah, add to this the emotional scarring of increased carousel riding, higher likelihood of contracting STDs, and the general devaluing of men/male partnership that comes from women's sexual liberation... yeah, that's a perfect storm.

Women are made to pop out kids young within a stable secure relationship. Everything our culture says and does is against nature. That is what fucks up women. Add in abortion guilt and it is really toxic to the female mind.
The only path to turning this around is to rectify the culture. Women should marry at 18+ to a much older man that can provide and act maturely. Then after popping out some kids, they can tie their tubes and get on with education and a career at age 30+.

Every girl I ever dated that came from a sane culture with intact and healthy male-female relations (sample: Eastern Europe, East Asia, South East Asia) refused to take the pill, all saying something like "It's bad for you, everyone knows that", "My mum said it screws up your body" etc.

I don't even remember banging a girl that was on the pill. Must be selection bias.

Quote: (10-02-2016 03:49 PM)rpg Wrote:  

Women are made to pop out kids young within a stable secure relationship. Everything our culture says and does is against nature. That is what fucks up women. Add in abortion guilt and it is really toxic to the female mind.
The only path to turning this around is to rectify the culture. Women should marry at 18+ to a much older man that can provide and act maturely. Then after popping out some kids, they can tie their tubes and get on with education and a career at age 30+.

I can get behind that ticket. RPG for president! (may be a tough sell but one can dream)

"The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."
– Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

Basically the pill cause women's bodies to think they are already pregnant. Anyone who has been around pregnant women knows the mental instability and emotional rollercoaster that ensues.

I've also heard that birth control changes a woman's sexual preferences: she wants a beta when she's on the pill, but wants an alpha when she's off of it.

Thus, women marry betas and then "realizes he's not the person I thought he was" - but she doesn't realize her hormonal changes (caused by the pill) are to blame.

In my experience girls who are on the pill and girls who keep a drawer full of condoms and sex toys next to their bed have a high correlation

The pill has been used as a weapon against men since it began—a chance for a crazy woman to trick a man into impregnating her and then fleecing him for twenty years of child support.

I once did an informal study of the guys I knew that had children. At least half of them stated that is was an “accident”: that their psycho girlfriends were on the pill, but still managed to get pregnant. At some point, the scam becomes obvious—a generation of men have been duped into having children that they never wanted.

And now these women are depressed? I find it hard to muster concern when I know the hell that so many have caused to countless men. It sounds like karma to me.

"Action still preserves for us a hope that we may stand erect." - Thucydides (from History of the Peloponnesian War)

Quote: (10-02-2016 04:43 PM)MMX2010 Wrote:  

I've also heard that birth control changes a woman's sexual preferences: she wants a beta when she's on the pill, but wants an alpha when she's off of it.

Thus, women marry betas and then "realizes he's not the person I thought he was" - but she doesn't realize her hormonal changes (caused by the pill) are to blame.

Yes, womens sexual preferences change during their ovulation cycle as well. They prefer beta-bux when not fertile and crave alpha-fux when ovulating. Science has proven this so I don't see how the pill wouldn't have the same effect. However one must remember that reliable, available birth control is only a few decades old. It is difficult for human women to change milleniums of sexual mating strategeies just in a generation or two.

Birth control gives women the same power that they gained when they evolved to conceal estrus, thus allowing multiple partners to entertain the possibility that a certain females offspring might be theirs. This allowed female primates to collect more resources from more men and to avoid infanticide and filicide of their children by male primates who had not fathered the offspring in question.

Quote: (10-02-2016 04:02 PM)Belgrano Wrote:  

Every girl I ever dated that came from a sane culture with intact and healthy male-female relations (sample: Eastern Europe, East Asia, South East Asia) refused to take the pill, all saying something like "It's bad for you, everyone knows that", "My mum said it screws up your body" etc.

I hear this a lot from girls from those countries too.

My fiancee never takes any BC. She was a virgin before she met me, and she's very strongly against BC for the same reason as above. And I'm on Team Raw Dog / Pull Out Method. I believe one reason she is so pleasant to be around and doesn't have these stupid mood swings that so many women are prone to is because she has never been on BC.

Fucking around with hormones and nature has serious consequences.

Quote: (10-02-2016 09:09 PM)StrikeBack Wrote:  

Funny how mainstream society is so quick to say that about steroids and TRT but not about BC.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Modifying hormones to prevent pregnancy can only result in a problem. Physical health risks are also high such as heart attack risk.

Quote: (10-02-2016 05:09 PM)MajorStyles Wrote:  

The pill has been used as a weapon against men since it began—a chance for a crazy woman to trick a man into impregnating her and then fleecing him for twenty years of child support.

^This. "I am on the pill"...uh huh.

Quote: (10-02-2016 05:09 PM)MajorStyles Wrote:  

This. I took a direct hit from that weapon. Turned the tables and won full custody in court though. Also got an order for child support against her. Cuz you gotta remind these bitches to mind their business. Believe me, the pimp game is very religious.

"If we took away women's right to vote, we'd never have to worry about another Democrat president."

- Ann Coulter

Team ∞D Chess

Quote: (10-02-2016 03:09 PM)DarianFrey Wrote:  

Is it the hormones of the IUDs/pills, or the psychological scarring of the cock carousel that contraceptives enable access to, that makes a chick depressed?

Probably both, but the psychological effects of high notch counts are harder to quantify.

Chicken or the egg? I'd love to see a study done on this but there are way too many variables involved. It'd be near impossible to isolate each one.

I saw the mood swings first hand with my ex. She was fine on birth control for a while, got off it, acted crazy and hormonal, freaked out and got on it again, and still acted crazy and hormonal.

I'll never enter a serious relationship again with a girl who has ever been on bc. Lesson learned.

Quote: (10-02-2016 09:22 PM)eatthishomie Wrote:  

Quote: (10-02-2016 09:09 PM)StrikeBack Wrote:  

Funny how mainstream society is so quick to say that about steroids and TRT but not about BC.

I have brought this very thing up at social events around lifters, PTs etc. and many a jimmies were seriously rustled.

If you read up about it, steroids were invented over a decade before hormonal BC, and their issues have far less impact than BC. BC not only impacts its users (women) but also children that those women eventually have, and the rest of us through our water supply.

However, any serious medical link between BC and other diseases would be killed quick smart by the elite MSM. I believe they buried the links between the pill and breast cancer, the pill and autism in children etc. hard and fast.

I was just watching the last ever scene in the Sopranos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_iMVlqTs5Q

@ 14:20 Carmela tells Tony that Meadow's at the doctor switching birth control. Tony makes a dejected face. This is meant to convey that he no longer has any control over his kids--an Italian dad hearing about his daughter's birth control would not have gone over in prior eras, which gives us the surface message: The culture is changing and guys like Tony, as Alpha as they are, can't stop the change from occurring.

Birth control was also a plot device in Mad Men season one, when it was literally a brand new product that just became available. SPOILER ALERT someone gets pregnant, despite being on the pill, then winds up giving the baby away and falling into a deep depression she eventually gets over to become a pioneer of women in the workforce. Still, in later seasons she admits feeling less than fulfilled with her single women's life right before hooking up with a beta orbiter, supposedly happily ever after.

Anytime I've banged a ons or fwb they've been on birth control while any more serious girl has only got the iud once we've began dating. If a girl has ever been on birth control outside a relationship you know what it means.