rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Can I ditch her???

Can I ditch her???

So I met a girl who is deffinitely girlfriend material. She graduated from Columbia, makes $50 G's a year, drives a range rover, loves to travel, and fluent in 3 languages not to mention super cool and smoking hot. I'm only 22 and a snowboard bum that didn't even finish community college She is 25 and has all her shit together, good score for me for sure. It's really hard to find a good chick where I am (12 to 1 guy to girl ratio in some places). We've been hanging out a lot and she always wants to meet up and snowboard with me during the day. I like to do some pretty hard stuff and she holds me and my friends up. I'm trying to step it up and get real good, so this can be frusterating having to waite when I could be riding. Then when I want to ride park she doesn't like it unless we are in the little sissy park. She will come with me but it goes something like this, Me: "Do you want to go ride the half pipe?" Girl: "I mean I guess we could." Today I told her that tomorrow I would be riding park with my friends and she said, "Well, maybe we can meet up and say hi and then I can go ride by myself." It kind of sounded like she didn't want to ride by herself and she was trying to make me feel guilty in her tone. Do you think it will make her like me more because I'm showing I don't really give a shit to hang out with her when I'm riding or do you think she will be pissed because I ditched her to go ride with friends?

Can I ditch her???

Quote: (02-26-2009 10:58 PM)Brandon E Wrote:  

So I met a girl who is deffinitely girlfriend material. She graduated from Columbia, makes $50 G's a year, drives a range rover, loves to travel, and fluent in 3 languages not to mention super cool and smoking hot. I'm only 22 and a snowboard bum that didn't even finish community college She is 25 and has all her shit together, good score for me for sure. It's really hard to find a good chick where I am (12 to 1 guy to girl ratio in some places). We've been hanging out a lot and she always wants to meet up and snowboard with me during the day. I like to do some pretty hard stuff and she holds me and my friends up. I'm trying to step it up and get real good, so this can be frusterating having to waite when I could be riding. Then when I want to ride park she doesn't like it unless we are in the little sissy park. She will come with me but it goes something like this, Me: "Do you want to go ride the half pipe?" Girl: "I mean I guess we could." Today I told her that tomorrow I would be riding park with my friends and she said, "Well, maybe we can meet up and say hi and then I can go ride by myself." It kind of sounded like she didn't want to ride by herself and she was trying to make me feel guilty in her tone. Do you think it will make her like me more because I'm showing I don't really give a shit to hang out with her when I'm riding or do you think she will be pissed because I ditched her to go ride with friends?

Think she'd be more pissed off that you ditched her tbh. Riding by yourself is dire (done it a couple times) and the whole time going on the lifts she'll probably be thinking about what an asshole you were for ditching her. The time you ditch is when she doesnt know what you're doing, so you get the whole mysterious vibe. for instance,if i ever go back to my old city for the weekend to party(which happens a lot)i tell any chicks that im supposed to go out with that I have to go back to ___ city to take care of some stuff. That way you look mysterious and they dont get pissed off and are actually very interested in what "stuff" your taking care of.

Anyway, to me she sounds like one of those people that use boarding as an excuse to just go to the hill and meet people, i dunno if she's any good or anything but I find there are a lot of people that actually do that and cant really do any tricks or are scared of going off jumps and shit lol. If she does end up getting pissed just tell her you'll make it up to her and take her out or something. Usually if they're interested in you enough to get pissed off then thats a good thing.

Can I ditch her???

Quote: (02-26-2009 11:46 PM)KCT0673 Wrote:  

Quote: (02-26-2009 10:58 PM)Brandon E Wrote:  

Think she'd be more pissed off that you ditched her tbh. Riding by yourself is dire (done it a couple times) and the whole time going on the lifts she'll probably be thinking about what an asshole you were for ditching her. The time you ditch is when she doesnt know what you're doing, so you get the whole mysterious vibe. for instance,if i ever go back to my old city for the weekend to party(which happens a lot)i tell any chicks that im supposed to go out with that I have to go back to ___ city to take care of some stuff. That way you look mysterious and they dont get pissed off and are actually very interested in what "stuff" your taking care of.

Anyway, to me she sounds like one of those people that use boarding as an excuse to just go to the hill and meet people, i dunno if she's any good or anything but I find there are a lot of people that actually do that and cant really do any tricks or are scared of going off jumps and shit lol. If she does end up getting pissed just tell her you'll make it up to her and take her out or something. Usually if they're interested in you enough to get pissed off then thats a good thing.

Thank for the advice. What exactly would you suggest though? Just saying fuck it and ditch her or deal with riding with her. I mean I see my options like this: 1) Wake up early and ride since she usually doesn't meet up with me until around 11, take a couple of shitty runs, then make her go to the park with me. I can say something like, "Hey, do you want me to teach you some things about riding pipe?" Because she had mentioned trying it and even seeming to like it though she said she sucked. OR 2) Ditch her and make arangements to go to these hot springs she mentioned she had wanted to go to. I don't know, what would you do?

Can I ditch her???

Oh, and by the way I left my options open right after she said that. I said, "Alright, just give me a call tomorrow and we'll see what's going on."

Can I ditch her???

There is no game happening here.

You basically told her to screw off without leaving any options open for later. So you tell her to call you tomorrow but if she feels dejected she sure as hell isn't going to be calling tomorrow. You didn't demonstrate higher value (lower value imo), you didn't mention that there were any IOI's, and you didn't develop attraction.

If there is some attraction going on here it's purely superficial and the more dejected she feels the more likely some other guy on the kiddie park with her is going to be able to close a deal with just a fraction of game. It sounds like to me she's just looking to make friends. I dunno.

Can I ditch her???

Quote: (02-27-2009 11:57 AM)Trotter Wrote:  

You basically told her to screw off without leaving any options open for later. So you tell her to call you tomorrow but if she feels dejected she sure as hell isn't going to be calling tomorrow. You didn't demonstrate higher value (lower value imo), you didn't mention that there were any IOI's, and you didn't develop attraction.

If there is some attraction going on here it's purely superficial and the more dejected she feels the more likely some other guy on the kiddie park with her is going to be able to close a deal with just a fraction of game. It sounds like to me she's just looking to make friends. I dunno.

You were right on the calling back part. She didn't call me today. I ended up calling her tonight to go snowboard tomorrow and also invited her to a party tonight. She sounded really happy that I asked her to come. I figred that was the best thing to do so she didn't think I thought she was a burden on my snowboarding. With the whole friend thing though, we've been banging and she does a lot of things that a girlfriend would do like try and hold my hand in public and that kind of stuff.

Can I ditch her???

Quote: (02-27-2009 11:40 PM)Brandon E Wrote:  

You were right on the calling back part. She didn't call me today. I ended up calling her tonight to go snowboard tomorrow and also invited her to a party tonight. She sounded really happy that I asked her to come. I figred that was the best thing to do so she didn't think I thought she was a burden on my snowboarding. With the whole friend thing though, we've been banging and she does a lot of things that a girlfriend would do like try and hold my hand in public and that kind of stuff.

i was gonna say what trotter said...but you bailed yourself out. maybe you could teach her some boarding stuff as well? I find that whenever i teach a chick how to board (if even just improving some things) it can increase attraction as it shows your good at something and girls like guys who are successful. hope the party went well.

Can I ditch her???

Quote: (02-28-2009 03:06 AM)KCT0673 Wrote:  

Quote: (02-27-2009 11:40 PM)Brandon E Wrote:  

i was gonna say what trotter said...but you bailed yourself out. maybe you could teach her some boarding stuff as well? I find that whenever i teach a chick how to board (if even just improving some things) it can increase attraction as it shows your good at something and girls like guys who are successful. hope the party went well.

Yeah, it worked out. I'm trying to teach her board slides right now, she's all stoked on learning them. She didn't go to the party though, I knew she wouldn't be able to since she is a live in nanny and is working this week. I just asked her to be cool.