rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Weekend trip to 2nd tier city in France

I'm planing on going to a 2nd tier city in France from Oct 28 to Nov 1.

A little background: 20, Asian, fluent French, sharp style, right now studying abroad in Budapest, definitely gonna do another semester in France(80% sure it's gonna be in Montpellier) after Budapest.

I have been to Paris a couple of times. Kinda curious what 2nd tier cities in France are like. I read a few threads on France and I have a list: Lille, Lyon, Strasbourg, Nice, Aix, Montpellier, Bordeaux. I will be gaming mainly college chicks. Can do both daygame and nightgame.

Given the weather and the length of my trip, I'm wondering where you guys think I should go.

Not many asians in France, many young asians are students and dont speak French.

Lille and Lyon are fun. Nightlife is lacking a bit in Marseille.

There are bunch of smaller student cities like Rennes or Dijon that might be fun.

don't go to Marseille, it is a dirty city with a high criminality rate. For me me Bordeaux and Lyon are the best ones

Quote: (09-23-2016 11:09 AM)d_hzy Wrote:  

I'm planing on going to a 2nd tier city in France from Oct 28 to Nov 1.
Not the best time to come to France as the this is the week for Saints Holidays(One week in france). Students will be back at their home. But gaming is still possible in the bigger city. Lyon, Toulouse and Liile would be your best bet.I gamed in Toulouse and I find girls there a bit more open then the ones in Lyon. The best student city to game after Toulouse is Grenoble only if you are visiting during the scholar periods or else the city is dead.

I would go for Toulouse. Cheaper than Lyon with load of students and good nightlife.

I didn't want to start a brand new topic for this question so decided to just bump this thread.

I have the opportunity to go to Lille next week for two days... Thursday and Friday. I have no problem to game both nights there.

Would you guys say it's worth it? I don't speak a single word of French.

FYI: I'm black, 5,10 180lbs and pass for late 20s.

I've started to swipe a little on Tinder and quality is ok but not great. Anyone have a datasheet or am I searching wrong?

Resident Germany Expert. See my Datasheet:
thread-59335.html

Mini Datasheets: Antwerp / Rotterdam / Lille

@Kir

I've been to Toulouse a month ago. Lille is a similar student town in North France. They told me that people from South France are more open, but I did not see that. Many big groups of friends or students and no online opportunities.
Speaking French is essential and don't rely on students that will be out of town anyway.
Next time, I will go to Paris or Nice and knowhere else without local connections.
Don't go to Lille to game.

Lille is a student town. I'm not 100% sure but the academic year in France is probably over so you may not find as many targets as you wish.

Looking on Facebook/Instagram I am seeing "end of exam parties" popping up. So maybe things are just winding down.

Apolis what exactly happened? Not doubting you at all.... Just wanted to know what your experiences were. You ran night game? day game? How responsive were the women to you opening in English?

In case I decide to go I want to know kind of minefield im walking into. France honestly seems like a complete uphill climb if you cant speak French.

thread-59335.html

@Kir

Check my Toulouse datasheet update somewhere on here.

The basic problems were provincial mentality and lack of (conversational ) English.

My French friends in the UK say ''If you want French girls that speak English, go to London or Paris.''

Of course I don't mention the 'French attitude' which is a chapter on its own. [Image: smile.gif]

Quote: (06-23-2017 08:36 AM)kirdiesel Wrote:  

Looking on Facebook/Instagram I am seeing "end of exam parties" popping up. So maybe things are just winding down.

Apolis what exactly happened? Not doubting you at all.... Just wanted to know what your experiences were. You ran night game? day game? How responsive were the women to you opening in English?

In case I decide to go I want to know kind of minefield im walking into. France honestly seems like a complete uphill climb if you cant speak French.

I studied in Lille it's an INSANE student city during the semester (highest # of bars per km2) outside Paris but they are are all close, and cheap and full of really drunk girls. However, in summer the city is a little bt more dead. Might be worth the detour though (check my Lille thread I have a datasheet on bars). Girls have the flemish look but prettier, they are tall and lot of blondes compared to elsewhere in France.

Kir a trip to lille would be decent.

Not much to do in the city touristy other then walk around though you could technically take the train to Bruges, drive to the Belgian breweries or ypres.

Lille still has decent nightlife in the summer. I was there is exact time last year. I dont remember seeing any black guys out either so id imagine you'll be exotic. Id say Lille girls are about equal to girls youll see in west Germany but there will be far fewer blondes around.

I think I went out in Lille maybe 5 or 6 times and picked up twice. Lille is much better nightlife wise then the rest of france because there were a lot more western style bars where people stand up and interract.

English levels among the youth in Lille were decent. Worse the Belgium but better then Brittany or south of france.

After reading MrRoundtree's thread I am going to go ahead and give it a try. I just hope im not too late and the students have all dipped out.

I have an awesome apartment there (63 square meters )on Rue Esquermoise supposedly with great logistics. It says its near Grand Place. Lets see if I can make Tinder work for me before even showing up. Will start pipelining heavy on Sunday night.

Looking on Instagram I saw some black guys so lets see if I am in fact exotic. Hopefully theres no problem racist bouncers or some shit like that. I'll be walking with my passport.

On Saturday i will be in the The Hague, Netherlands.

thread-59335.html

Quote: (06-23-2017 12:50 PM)kirdiesel Wrote:  

After reading MrRoundtree's thread I am going to go ahead and give it a try. I just hope im not too late and the students have all dipped out.

I have an awesome apartment there (63 square meters )on Rue Esquermoise supposedly with great logistics. It says its near Grand Place. Lets see if I can make Tinder work for me before even showing up. Will start pipelining heavy on Sunday night.

Looking on Instagram I saw some black guys so lets see if I am in fact exotic. Hopefully theres no problem racist bouncers or some shit like that. I'll be walking with my passport.

Can't go wrong with le Vieux Lille or the main 2 party streets (Masséna and Solferino).

Be careful though, Lille crime rate is high for a second tier city, lot of mugging in the streets and petty thiefs. Don't leave your jacket on a chair and stay away fromt he gipsies and low-lifes hanging out at the exit of clubs (like Smile).

Vieux-Lille is probably better for that. But one club you should go to is la Boucherie (and don't get too drunk).

Online game was bad, I don't think I had one tinder lay when I was there (in Lille), it mostly came from night game.

Similar safety issues in Toulouse. Haven't mentioned that in the update. Loads of undesirables (refugees?) in some streets in packs of five, staring at you in a totally weird way.
Friday and Saturday, Moroccans and Algerians had fights in the square all night and both nights the police came. They were shouting and screaming at 6 clock in the morning outside my flat. Fucking hell.

Honestly I'm not scared of refugees or the crime

I've never had a problem with them in Germany and don't anticipate a problem with them in France. Black men are mostly unaffected.

thread-59335.html

Quote: (06-23-2017 08:37 PM)kirdiesel Wrote:  

Honestly I'm not scared of refugees or the crime

I've never had a problem with them in Germany and don't anticipate a problem with them in France. Black men are mostly unaffected.

Oh I believe that but I'm just saying it just so it doesnt surprise you or you get caught off guard. But at this time of the year I think it will be quieter.

So the results of my two days in Lille are in and I wanted to talk about what I experienced.

I pipelined and boosted from Sunday onwards and stayed Thursday and Friday. I went out hardcore BOTH nights on Massena and Solferino.

Online Game Pipelining: I got a reasonable amount of matches. After opening many of them said they dont speak English and one or two said they could try and conversation fizzled out. I did match with a girl from Finland and was able to grab a date with her at a restaurant.

Before we met she already gave me a HARD time constraint because she had to work the next day and is not really a party type of girl. I had nothing else to do so I decided to meet with her anyway. I was able to loosen her up by the end of the date but wasnt able to break her out of going home and couldn't get her back to my airbnb. She doesnt drink due having an alcoholic father so that strategy was out. She wants to meet again as soon as I come back to Lille. I told her ill be back in two weeks but I dont think I am going back.

Nightlife:

As I said before I only went out on Massena and Solferino both nights which seems like a huge student party area.

There was NO ENTRY FEE to any club whatsoever. However most of the places are tiny crappy dive bars (or at least looked like it) with the exception of a few.

I visited - Smile Club, Le Network, Le Trading Hip hop Bar one crappy other one (cant remember the name).

Smile Club - Unfortunately I played myself and only went here on Thursday. The top floor had girls on it and one other black guy but for the most part the ratio were ok but the music was horrendous with lots of french songs. Kinda weird vibe but wish I had of went back on Friday to see if there was more potential here. Some fairly cute girls though. Would go back if I end up in the city again.

La Network - Fancy club with bottle service and all that. Paid 10€ here for a Vodka Redbull. Too many people dancing on the stairs here making it very hard to approach girls. Wont be going back here.

Le trading hip hop - I spent most of my time here because I am black and seems like brothers were getting the most attention here. I did see brothers with some decent french girls but venue is GARBAGE and just a hole in the wall bar. Really small and you can open every girl in there in 20 minutes or less. Best music I heard in Lille though.

La Boucherie - Mr Roundtree highly recommended this place but they would not let me in saying that you needed an invitation to get in (BULLSHIT). I asked one of the english speaking black guys about it and he told me that they are racist. At the end of the night I also did not see any black guys hanging out in front or coming out of the place. The girls inside did look better than all the other places on the street though. Maybe next time ill suit up and go in here. Not sure.

Quote: (06-23-2017 09:01 AM)apolis Wrote:  

The basic problems were provincial mentality and lack of (conversational ) English.

My French friends in the UK say ''If you want French girls that speak English, go to London or Paris.''

Of course I don't mention the 'French attitude' which is a chapter on its own. [Image: smile.gif]

I would have to say Apolis was right on this one. The lack of English was really a challenge. In two nights out on Massena and other street and I found 3 girls I could have a "reasonable" conversation with but couldn't convert that into anything. Its makes things very tough since youll have a limited selection of girls to talk to. I found a super hot blonde girl and opened her and she got flabbergasted having to speak English and kinda got freaked out. Just didnt work well.

next time I have to try this VIEUX- Lille place and see if I fit in better over there. Again not sure if ill go back.

Quote: (06-23-2017 09:49 AM)godzilla Wrote:  

Kir a trip to lille would be decent.

Not much to do in the city touristy other then walk around though you could technically take the train to Bruges, drive to the Belgian breweries or ypres.

Lille still has decent nightlife in the summer. I was there is exact time last year. I dont remember seeing any black guys out either so id imagine you'll be exotic. Id say Lille girls are about equal to girls youll see in west Germany but there will be far fewer blondes around.

I think I went out in Lille maybe 5 or 6 times and picked up twice. Lille is much better nightlife wise then the rest of france because there were a lot more western style bars where people stand up and interract.

English levels among the youth in Lille were decent. Worse the Belgium but better then Brittany or south of france.

Nightlife was in fact decent and I didn't feel the city was lacking in the amount of people going out at all. The ratios weren't the best but I have seen worse in other cities. However, English levels are REALLY bad in my opinion. Maybe its just where I went out.

I found the city beautiful and VERY walkable once you had a central apartment like I did. I walked everywhere... The EURALILLE shopping mall, Grand Place, all the shopping streets and restaurants.... everything walkable. I drove to the city and the parking garage was 20€ for two days.

Quote: (06-23-2017 01:06 PM)MrRoundtree Wrote:  

Quote: (06-23-2017 12:50 PM)kirdiesel Wrote:  

Can't go wrong with le Vieux Lille or the main 2 party streets (Masséna and Solferino).

Be careful though, Lille crime rate is high for a second tier city, lot of mugging in the streets and petty thiefs. Don't leave your jacket on a chair and stay away fromt he gipsies and low-lifes hanging out at the exit of clubs (like Smile).

Vieux-Lille is probably better for that. But one club you should go to is la Boucherie (and don't get too drunk).

Online game was bad, I don't think I had one tinder lay when I was there (in Lille), it mostly came from night game.

Exotic American Game:

Black guys are NOT.. I repeat NOT exotic at all in this city or in the nightclubs. Maybe some black guys dont go to some places but there are many black guys in the city and some even work as doormen or bouncers at the clubs.

When do you do tell people you are from NYC people do go crazy for it. I have never seen people more excited to talk to someone in my life. It works great for opening girls but then its like a balloon that is slowly losing air. First the girls get really excited and then interest just slips away when you cant speak French and they fuck off and go talk to their friends again.

Zero problems with security or feeling safe at all. I saw two or three bums and that was about the most of it but again im black so your experience could vary.

Final thoughts:

I liked the city... atmosphere, architecture, results on tinder, walkability, food and restaurants. Loved the exotic factor being from NYC gave me. Making opening SUPER FUCKING EASY. Just need to properly weaponize it by speaking some French. Cute thin brunette girls.

I hated city for... Tiny little shoddy dive bar scene, VERY bad English levels among girls and people in general, BAD French music.. girls weren't anything SUPER special.. just pretty good but not AMAZING or GREAT.

All in all I'd say its a good city to visit if you are a French or even better non-native French speaker. Don't feel like as a native English speaker you are going to get too far. You NEED NEED NEED French to game here effectively. In Germany, Netherlands or Belgium you can cruise enough on English with a language problem here and there. In Lille, France you gotta cross your fingers and hope she speaks English.

I would give Lille, France a "skip it" rating for gaming. The ROI for girls just isnt there.

I didn't think girls there were anything THAT SPECIAL and worth going out of your way for. You could get the same quality of girls in other places in Europe where girls speak English. I wasn't overly impressed by the quality of the girls. Lots of thin, cute and good looking French brunettes.

But nothing you CANT get anywhere else putting in less work.

Not really sure if ill be back.

thread-59335.html

I got rejected by La Boucherie once too and I was dressed pretty well. I got in another time when it was empty. I thought it sucked in the summer anyway. It is open late as fuck though, thats the real advantage there. I went to get some crossaints at 6 in the morning one time and some French people were stumbling out of that place.

I laughed at your bad french music comment. I spent most of my time at either Temple Bar or Latina Cafe. Temple Bar is pretty french too. They blast popular sing-a-long shit French songs all night. People were always merry, drunk and dancing horribly. I spend a lot of time on the street talking to people as well, as people who've been know, Messina is full of people walking around smoking and hanging the street too.

I found a lot English speakers on that block as well. If you were opening up in English, that's a good way to get rejected in France. You'll need to at least open up in French even with fluent English speakers. Once they realize your French sucks, they'll be more willing to conversate in English. Then you grab their pussies.

Quote: (07-05-2017 12:03 AM)godzilla Wrote:  

I got rejected by La Boucherie once too and I was dressed pretty well. I got in another time when it was empty. I thought it sucked in the summer anyway. It is open late as fuck though, thats the real advantage there. I went to get some crossaints at 6 in the morning one time and some French people were stumbling out of that place.

I laughed at your bad french music comment. I spent most of my time at either Temple Bar or Latina Cafe. Temple Bar is pretty french too. They blast popular sing-a-long shit French songs all night. People were always merry, drunk and dancing horribly. I spend a lot of time on the street talking to people as well, as people who've been know, Messina is full of people walking around smoking and hanging the street too.

I found a lot English speakers on that block as well. If you were opening up in English, that's a good way to get rejected in France. You'll need to at least open up in French even with fluent English speakers. Once they realize your French sucks, they'll be more willing to conversate in English. Then you grab their pussies.

I didn't attempt Latina Cafe although it seemed pretty busy. I should have just stopped in for a few minutes to see what was going on in there. Possible mistake.

I have ZERO knowledge of French.. I am only Fluent in Engish and German. It was my first time gaming in France so of course I did not know exactly what to expect. So you are spot on that you need to open in French and let your "accent" do the talking.

What was also surprising was the assumption that you speak French although are in the country just to visit. Some were even surprised that I don't speak it. As if French is as widespread in the world as English is.

I even got accused once of being able to speak French but just not wanting to. Never had that situation in any other country so far. I can even pull off the "I don't speak German" excuse in Germany although I am 100% fluent in it, without being questioned.

Strange country BUT I think I would give it another shot as some point. I won't give up that easy.

During this trip I also was in the Netherlands for a day and my results were infinitely better in a shorter period of time so I think I will be investing time there next month.

thread-59335.html

I forgot a MAJOR tip:

I am not sure this applies to everyone but as a BLACK MAN I find it makes things easier if you bring your passport with you when trying to enter venues. I had my passport checked a few times by bouncers. At "Le Network" they were turning people away and the guy checked my passport, tried to speak English, made jokes with me and let me inside.

thread-59335.html

Kir, GOdzilla...all good points.

I remember there were not that many people black guys in la boucherie. I remember it is a quite crazy club and the beer is really strong, I blacked out 2-3 times after going to this bar because I got offered many beers that were really too strong (8-10%)+ my bartender friend was always giving me Ricards. I got kicked out by the black man bouncer (which I think is the same Kir met). Really cool dude who liked me but once I was too drunk in la boucherie and he said I was really mean apparently. I think in la boucherie and in Lille they had many problems with moroccans or african gangs in the past so they are really careful with who they let us in. With a gang of french guys or girls I don't think you would of had any problems. The music is somewhat 80-90es music, not really any hip-hop. Again the beer is really cheap there for a cluband its VERY VERY easy to lose control (very strong beer).

Latina Cafe, I really forgot this area but its one of the best clubs to pick-up girls and its an erasmus place ( I didnt really got there at first as I didnt like it but over time when I discovered it on the weekends I really liked the place, its crowded also). Mostly hip-hop and and salsa music. The guys doing the best there were jacked upf rench guys, blacks and classy moroccans (for this palce they were not really racist at all).

Le Smile is a shitty palce for young people but you can see some hotties there. I like the french music on the second floor, to each his own XD...I didn't realize that was weird music for a lot of people...buut its mostly classic songs.The first floor really sucks tho.

I suggest you should go back during the semesters.

And yeah, the francosphere is somewhat a pretty big landmass in Europe with France, Belgium, Switzerland, Monaco and Luxembourg and french is still a major world language there ( and english culture has not impregnated those smaller french cities)...so yeah...it can be difficult to use american/english games with people who have no experience with the british/american way of seeing things.

Quote: (07-06-2017 09:37 PM)MrRoundtree Wrote:  

Kir, GOdzilla...all good points.

I remember there were not that many people black guys in la boucherie. I remember it is a quite crazy club and the beer is really strong, I blacked out 2-3 times after going to this bar because I got offered many beers that were really too strong (8-10%)+ my bartender friend was always giving me Ricards. I got kicked out by the black man bouncer (which I think is the same Kir met). Really cool dude who liked me but once I was too drunk in la boucherie and he said I was really mean apparently. I think in la boucherie and in Lille they had many problems with moroccans or african gangs in the past so they are really careful with who they let us in. With a gang of french guys or girls I don't think you would of had any problems. The music is somewhat 80-90es music, not really any hip-hop. Again the beer is really cheap there for a cluband its VERY VERY easy to lose control (very strong beer).

Latina Cafe, I really forgot this area but its one of the best clubs to pick-up girls and its an erasmus place ( I didnt really got there at first as I didnt like it but over time when I discovered it on the weekends I really liked the place, its crowded also). Mostly hip-hop and and salsa music. The guys doing the best there were jacked upf rench guys, blacks and classy moroccans (for this palce they were not really racist at all).

Le Smile is a shitty palce for young people but you can see some hotties there. I like the french music on the second floor, to each his own XD...I didn't realize that was weird music for a lot of people...buut its mostly classic songs.The first floor really sucks tho.

I suggest you should go back during the semesters.

Noted.

I will possibly give Lille another shot in the Fall when school is in session and see how that goes. Even with the adversity I liked the shock it gave to my system and it is situations and cities like these that help push your game forward.

thread-59335.html

Quote: (07-08-2017 02:05 PM)kirdiesel Wrote:  

I will possibly give Lille another shot in the Fall when school is in session and see how that goes. Even with the adversity I liked the shock it gave to my system and it is situations and cities like these that help push your game forward.

Kir, seriously, it's gonna be the same and even worse. Don't rely on Western students. France is not Ukraine, where poor students looking for a savior. This is a big misconception on this forum. They only students that are good material for game in Western countries are the short-term language students from foreign countries.

Quote: (07-08-2017 02:50 PM)apolis Wrote:  

Quote: (07-08-2017 02:05 PM)kirdiesel Wrote:  

Kir, seriously, it's gonna be the same and even worse. Don't rely on Western students. France is not Ukraine, where poor students looking for a savior. This is a big misconception on this forum. They only students that are good material for game in Western countries are the short-term language students from foreign countries.

I am not targeting students specifically and not looking to be a savior for anyone. If I went back I'd target French girls in general. If they are a student or not is of little interest to me.

Again its not even written in stone that I am going back. I have the Netherlands high up on the list now and am going to Rotterdam next month. I was only there for a day and my Tinder was jumping with 1 boost.

thread-59335.html