rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Selling Life Insurance

Selling Life Insurance

So I did a search and couldn't find anything in this thread. When I get home in December I'm looking at getting started selling life insurance as an underwriter. However, I've never done sales before (as far as commission based) does anyone have a good starting point for learning, as in YouTube channels you really like or books that have knocked it out of the park for you? I'm looking for a good starting point and I want to make sure I'm getting good info.

Selling Life Insurance

Lookup Zig Ziglar's Secret of Closing the Sale. I use the lessons on the daily at work.

Selling Life Insurance

Underwriters don't sell insurance.

Selling Life Insurance

Underwriter price insurance, for brokers to sell. The brokers receive commission.

Underwriters are typically salaried.

Selling Life Insurance

That has to be a difficult job. Other insurance products might be easier to sell.

Selling Life Insurance

Get your Series 7 and 66 as soon as possible, get your signing bonus, close one good sale in your first month, then get out and go be an advisor for an RIA.

Selling Life Insurance

Life insurance is not a terribly easy product to sell, and the trailing commissions on them aren't that great.. a lot of life insurance producers end up living a very hand to mouth existence (although at a very high standard of living), and end up basically not building sustainable businesses.

For the same required skill set, and the same amount of effort, you might want to look at wealth management at Morgan Stanley, Merrill Lynch, Wells Fargo or Stifel. You can build a business there with recurring revenues and equity.

As far as sales training, most of it is pretty useless. Bill Good Marketing isn't too bad, Peak Advisor Alliance is ok as well. Most of what it takes is a lot of cold calling, understanding your product, and believing in what you're selling.

Selling Life Insurance

Bump.

I see a lot of of Job offers on Craigslist for this in my area. I had considered responding but had concerns about legitimacy/lucrativeness of doing this would love for someone to respond. The ads claim it's common to make 80k-150k in the first year but my "if it's smells like horseshit then guess what ya'll.." approach to life rang in.

Would love to hear more from someone who has or does do this kind of work. Preferably a gentleman from my neck of the woods (east coast USA).

If it helps my country ass has no fancy degree.

"Look Mama, no hands..."

Selling Life Insurance

my dad was an agent for 1 company then became a broker who can sell the products of many companies. He is a highly social guy and has a large network so he does decent for himself. He made me get the life insurance licence as well but I havn't used it once.

The ads that claim the super high income are bullshitting. they are mainly semi- pyramid type companies like Primerica and World Finance Group. Dont beleive their hype.

What I want to do at the minimum (with this licence) is have a website made and try and do some online marketing at a very basic level. Atleast it would get more hits for my dad and I would get some comission lol.

Selling Life Insurance

Life insurance as a career only makes sense of you are a huge networker and love meeting new people all the time. Potential clients won't come barging down your doors, you have to go find them. It requires a long grind to build your book of business that pays off in the long run. New agents are often starving until they start closing deals. You have to be in it to win it and really love the profession to make a profit out of it. The best agent I knew was this tiny Indian woman that was always networking with other Indian doctors, lawyers, etc. She cleared $500k a year working for New York Life. She's an exception, not a rule, but if you find your niche and are well-networked, you can make it. Just make sure you have enough bankroll to fund you for a year or more as you build up your business.

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein