rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

James Franco to Play Pick-Up Artist in "The Game" (Neil Strauss)

Quote:Quote:

Originally published in September 2005, The Game was written by investigative reporter Neil Strauss based on his personal experiences with the seduction community of pick-up artists (including his enigmatic mentor named Mystery). The book enjoyed considerable acclaim upon initial release under the full title of The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists, and remained on the top of the New York Times Bestseller List for two months after publication. The book subsequently saw another resurgence in popularity in 2007 after the VH1 TV show The Pickup Artist aired.

Bound in black leather and bookmarked with red satin in a fashion similar to the Holy Bible, Strauss’ autobiographical expose of the the art of seduction has been the center of certain attention over the course of the book’s eleven years in print. Picking up on its storied legacy, a feature film version of The Game is officially slated for pre-production – with one Hollywood actor already attached in a lead role.

According to Deadline, actor James Franco and producing partner Demian Gregory have just signed an exclusive deal with one another to produce four feature films with individual budgets between $15-20 million, including their first film, The Game. Franco is set to star as Strauss’ real life pickup artist mentor Mystery, with Gregory in charge of financing the film through Aristocracy Group and Composite Media Capital (in addition to Franco’s own Rabbit Bandini Productions). The film is being fast-tracked to begin shooting in 2017, with a supporting cast and director currently being sought. Speaking to his own process in writing the book upon which Franco and Gregory will base the new film.

Source: http://screenrant.com/james-franco-pick-...ame-movie/

I wonder if they will whitewash things or present a real deal red pill perspective. We shall see.

So they're going to have a good-looking actor play a balding nerd trying to learn how to seduce women with magic tricks?

^ Franco will play Mystery, not Strauss. That could work, Mystery isn't an ugly guy.

They'll definitely white wash this as a love story or some bullshit.

I doubt they'll let half of the book fly on screen.

Agreed. I've read Strauss's follow up book 'The Truth' where he eschews the red pill because he can't keep his dick in his pants. I wouldn't be surprised if they really emphasize the parts where Mystery and Strauss get in trouble - "see, this is what happens when you try to manipulate girls - you try to commit suicide"

Not happening. - redbeard in regards to ETH flippening BTC

"The Game" is a great read. I really liked it for the characters and the story and always felt that it would make a great movie, but in today's cultural climate I'm not sure how it would be received by the public. I'm thinking of a reverse "New Ghostbusters" situation, where lefties and liberals gang up to take it down.

I guess it all depends on what exactly the movie is going to be about. Franco is a solid actor, so no worries there, but everything else (script, direction, etc) is up in the air for me.

Quote: (09-07-2016 04:44 PM)Valentine Wrote:  

^ Franco will play Mystery, not Strauss. That could work, Mystery isn't an ugly guy.

No, that can't work. James Franco is a full half foot shorter than Mystery and way better looking.

James Franco is talented, no doubt, but this is another cash grab and it's likely to end up resulting in huge departures from the book.

Read My Old Blog - Subscribe To My Old Blog
Top Posts - Fake Rape? - Sex With A Tranny? - Rich MILF - What is a 9?

"Failure is just practice for success"

Oh no, the indirect street spammers and club clowns are already starting to piss their pants in hesitation of being found out.

I love it

Can't say this will effect me or most of the other guys from the forum. But you new guys might be out of luck.

^ Are you kidding me.

Do you know how many guys will be Mystery for Halloween or buy a new magic set for Christmas?

They aren't going to be scared of being found out, they will be coming out in a parade.

We may have a new harassment law put in place after all the new converts come out.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

Quote: (09-07-2016 05:21 PM)Travesty Wrote:  

^ Are you kidding me.

Do you know how many guys will be Mystery for Halloween or buy a new magic set for Christmas?

They aren't going to be scared of being found out, they will be coming out in a parade.

We may have a new harassment law put in place after all the new converts come out.

Gotta increase that DHV bro.

[Image: purple-pimp-dog-costume.png]

Quote: (09-07-2016 05:24 PM)LINUX Wrote:  

Quote: (09-07-2016 05:21 PM)Travesty Wrote:  

^ Are you kidding me.

Gotta increase that DHV bro.

[Image: purple-pimp-dog-costume.png]

[Image: 3I9KjMk.gif][Image: lLUb55K.jpg][Image: XfWypdd.gif][Image: 14e.gif]

If I see two guys dressed as Mystery and Style on Halloween I am going to go up to them and give them the Best Friends Test and reply with, so you're both clueless now go the fuck home.

Or

The final nail in the coffin of 2000s pickup.

Did you know 93% of women masturbate in the shower? The other 7% sing. Do you know what they sing? Ahhhh that means you're one of the ones who masturbates then. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Careful I'll start "negging" you guys my l33t PUA skillz.

Will probably end up being a Hitch remake

So he's gonna end up wifing up Amy Schumer or something

I already see rejects with no game trying too hard. Seeing a few more wont change things too much.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

^ Don't worry she'll lose 10 lbs for the role.

Or

Quote: (09-07-2016 05:19 PM)LINUX Wrote:  

Oh no, the indirect street spammers and club clowns are already starting to piss their pants in hesitation of being found out.

Out of interest, Linux, how do you approach?

Doubtless Neil Strauss stands to make a pretty penny out of this. But I'm divided. More guys should know game, but not this gameshow, monetised crap.

Shit dudes! How am I supposed to k-close a HB5.5 in the clerrbb after this movie comes out? I guess I'll have to find another opener that makes me seem more R selected than "did you see those two girls fighting outside"?

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis

The PUA industry really messed me up

I remember being 15 and getting into that shit with my buddy. We were going to go to the mall to get pink boas when we turned 16 and got our licenses... Thank God that never happened

Looking back like
[Image: facepalm3.gif]

Dude you're k-closing HB5.5s? Pshhhh, I h-closed a HB9.76579 last night. Get on my level.

Honestly though, the book itself was a pretty good read and I can see it being a compelling movie if they do a narrative that's sympathetic to the men becoming PUAs. If they go SJW on it though I see a risk that it'll focus too much on a plot where Neil joins the club, gets oneitis for that chick in the book, and then the other PUAs are so evil they turn on him or whatever fantasy they have about PUAs being misogynists.

Fuck yeah, I'll go to the opening. Anybody know what's the best eyeliner to use when wearing my goggles with my snakeskin blazer? I can't wait to use my best shotgun neg and opinion opener on the HBs waiting in line....

Full Mystery Attire. Good Luck James Franco!

[Image: mysterypua.jpg]

Wonder who's playing the others in the book like....

Ross Jeffries:

[Image: 1527_rossjeffries12_1288844109.jpg?w=470]

Tyler Durden:

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Papa:

[Image: Papa%252520Album%252520Al08%252520Papa%2...20Pick.jpg]

Matador: Hey Kaotic, I think you got a job!

[Image: 1382_jamesmatadorpuartist_1372183006.png]