rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Miss Japan 2016 Priyanka Yoshikawa is half Indian

Miss Japan won by half Indian Priyanka Yoshikawa

Quote:Quote:

A half-Indian woman has been crowned Miss Japan, the second year in a row a biracial person has won the beauty pageant.

Priyanka Yoshikawa, 22 and who also has an elephant training licence, said she would use her win to "change perceptions".

Last year's Miss Japan, Ariana Miyamoto was the first mixed-race person to win the pageant.

Critics complained then that a "pure" Japanese should have won.

Only about 2% of babies born every year in Japan are biracial, or "haafu", the Japanese word for half.

"We are Japanese," Ms Yoshikawa told AFP news agency. "Yes, my dad is Indian and I'm proud of it, I'm proud that I have Indian in me. But that doesn't mean I'm not Japanese."

She credited her win to Ms Miyamoto, saying she had helped show "mixed girls the way".

"Before Ariana, haafu girls couldn't represent Japan," said Ms Yoshikawa. "That's what I thought too. Ariana encouraged me a lot by showing me and all mixed girls the way.

"I know a lot of people who are haafu and suffer," she said. "When I came back to Japan, everyone thought I was a germ."

"Like if they touched me they would be touching something bad. But I'm thankful because that made me really strong."

Indians say 'get over it': Geeta Pandey, BBC News, Delhi

A few years ago, a woman of Indian descent, Nina Davuluri, faced Twitter abuse after being crowned Miss America. Some called her an "Arab", some a "terrorist", and some an "Arab terrorist". Indians, in large numbers, came to her defence.

Now, Ms Yoshikawa is being criticised for having an Indian father and some Indians have taken to social media to advise the Japanese to "get over it". One Twitter user said she won because she "must have deserved it" while another said "after Gautam Buddha, Ms Yoshikawa is the only Indian to make it big in Japan".

In Ms Yoshikawa's case - as in Ms Davuluri's before her - the biggest complaint seems to be the "lack of purity". But some are wondering whether this debate over purity has any relevance in today's globalised world.

As one Twitter user said: "Talent cannot be controlled or ruled by caste, colour, gender or country of origin."

The pageant winner, also an avid kick-boxer and qualified elephant trainer, said that she hoped to change perceptions.

"When I'm abroad, people never ask me what mix I am. As Miss Japan, hopefully I can help change perceptions so that it can be the same here too."

'I feel Japanese'

Ms Yoshikawa's win did not trigger the backlash that Ms Miyamoto received on social media.

There were however, several on Twitter that expressed unhappiness.

"It's like we're saying a pure Japanese face can't be a winner," said one user.

"What's the point of holding a pageant like this now? Zero national characteristics," another complained.

Ms Yoshikawa however, was not letting the doubters get to her.

"There was a time as a kid when I was confused about my identity," she said. "But I've lived in Japan so long now I feel Japanese."

[Image: YGHBGLK1PZJapanNews.jpg]

[Image: Japan4.jpg]

What do you guys think? I'm Indian, but I feel that this woman should be nowhere near a beauty contest, let alone the winner. I also prefer a non-mixed Japanese woman's looks.

The other contestants are hotter than her:

[Image: 00300339723_69a54b5b.jpg]

I gotta disagree a little bit. She is pretty enough (face wise) to be in a pageant anywhere. Is she the best in Japan? If we are basing it on the 3 others next to her, maybe not. The one on the far right has the most face talent. The one second to the left has better hair. The one on the far left looks like a dolled up 6. Honestly if that was the best Japan has this year, that's saying something in a way. Maybe it's just a down year for them.

I would like to see the winner's body. Her arms look very long especially the ones holding her biceps. Not a deal breaker, but just noticeably long. Not a big fan of moles, but I can dig it. She looks to be quite tall as well.

Maybe they are doing this as an attempt to win the universal competitions by throwing a mixed exotic wildcard. Who knows.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

There's finer Japanese women that could have won. An interesting event in an otherwise xenophobic culture.

But final verdict: WB

[Image: Jay-Z-so-so.gif]

The half black one last year was hotter IMO.

She's the third prettiest girl in that picture. It must have been the elephant training that put her over the top.

WB, but the two chicks next to her in that pic are hotter.

Hang on fellas.

There might possibly be a "hidden donkey" on this winner. Some Indian women around the world have very serious asses.

I see a little bit of curvature in these two shots.

[Image: PriyankaYoshikawafinal.jpg]

[Image: priyanka_yoshikawa_3_1473.jpg]

Those granny dresses on the competition photos are hiding us from the real aggregate score... Maybe the judges had a peek somewhere else and cleared their throats when looking at each other.

Get your rock climbing gear out fellas, this one looks tall.

[Image: climbing_gear.jpg]

1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

She's pretty, I like the way she insists that she's Japanese. Here, contestants openly say that they're proud of their Mexican (or African, Asian, whatever) heritage instead of simply saying, "I'm proud to be American." and leaving it at that.

That being said seeing her talk and in motion could change everything.

WB. Mixed race chicks can have a really interesting hotness. They are usually fucked up in the head though because they don't feel they belong to any one community. Source: years of dating mixed race chicks.

Weebs will be in fear that their precious "Nihon" is falling to the scourge that is SJWism. But A) Japan has checks and balances in place to ensure that doesn't happen and B)progressiveness isn't bad in and of itself as long as it doesn't run rampant. I like that Japan (or at least the pageant judges) is at least acknowledging that there is a contingency of mixed race people in their country and allowing them to be represented on the world stage. I don't think any other 'first world' Asian country would even consider doing that.

Absolutely WB but her face is not doing it for me. I don't think she is the most attractive of the ones on stage in that photo, but I guess there are other things they judge. Good for her about being nationalist (i.e. Japanese).

She's a definite WB but I don't see anything particularly special about her. She also doesn't seem to fit the profile of what most Japanese find attractive either which is kind of interesting too. She actually looks very Thai to me.

I wonder who actually greenlights these candidates. I'm going to guess it's someone who has a very western upbringing.

I don't see very many indian/ne asian mixes but I imagine most just end up looking southeast asian anyways.

Quote: (09-06-2016 12:01 PM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

Get your rock climbing gear out fellas, this one looks tall.

[Image: climbing_gear.jpg]

I'm a leg man way more than an ass man and I can tell she's got a nice pair when she's dressed up.

Would be fun to lift them right onto the shoulders and plow her like a nihonjin rice farmer tilling the fields.

Hapa's dominate magazine models, they have for ages actually.

Indian women tend to be tall, have long legs and can have bangin asses. Pair that with Japanese women's ability to stay thin until death, their tight smooth skin, and dolphin stomachs we could have a winner.

Maybe not this particular chick, WB obviously, as I have seen much hotter mixes running around Tokyo. I wish I could post the pics of some of the girls I have met at Hapa parties there.

But we on RVF understand the world a little better than most, so we can say with authority that there is major pressure THE WORLD OVER to push for feelzguud SJW news.

Not really feeling this one, looks like your typical southeast Asian chick. I liked the half-black one from last year better.

Honestly though, it's already become a pattern for chicks who aren't close to the best to win these pageants. The only thing to do is shrug when these results get announced.

Quote: (09-06-2016 01:38 PM)Swooper Wrote:  

Not really feeling this one, looks like your typical southeast Asian chick. I liked the half-black one from last year better.

The halfrican girl didn't look Japanese at all to me. This girl comes a bit closer.

Quote: (09-06-2016 11:52 AM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

I gotta disagree a little bit. She is pretty enough (face wise) to be in a pageant anywhere. Is she the best in Japan?

Need to call you out. Haven't you been on a Texas college campus somewhere? I lived in a college neighborhood where I would see 5 girls just going for a walk in the morning that beat her out like Dennis Rodman on the glass son!

In SoCal this girl is toast. A wet rag. A 3 day old muffin.

What's your motive here?

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

I'm surprised they picked her considering she's an elephant trainer. The Peta folks will probably have an issue with that.

Licensed or not, there's no friendly way to train elephants. You got to whack and poke them with sharp sticks.

The talent portion of the contest could be interesting.

Aloha!

Quote: (09-06-2016 01:45 PM)Kona Wrote:  

I'm surprised they picked her considering she's an elephant trainer. The Peta folks will probably have an issue with that.

Licensed or not, there's no friendly way to train elephants. You got to whack and poke them with sharp sticks.

Aloha!

I really doubt she trains any elephants for real or at least without someone handholding her through the whole children's version of being a mahout.

It's just something fun to list on her resume like other adventurous girl stuff like hang gliding, eating kidney pies, surfing, and backpacking.

I bet she has lots of experience playing with snout shaped things though.

Need to see her body. Face wise she looks like a Thai middle class mom. Better than that of last year with the huge forehead.

Ines Ligron is the director and originator of Miss Japan. She is jewish and has published many times that she viewed the Japanese women in need of liberating.

In 2014 she writes:

See… more you mix bloods, more beautiful you can get!
My children have European Jewish-Polish & French bloods mixed with Japanese blood. And I am sure they have some Arab blood as well, because my dear Father looks exactly like Saddam Hussein!
Result: My youngest sons just shot the worldwide campaign for one of the top leaders camera brand, yeah! It’s good to be “mixed”.

Nothing wrong with that of course, unless you decide it is not ok, not to be mixed.

Quote: (09-06-2016 02:23 PM)nomadbrah Wrote:  

Need to see her body. Face wise she looks like a Thai middle class mom. Better than that of last year with the huge forehead.

Ines Ligron is the director and originator of Miss Japan. She is jewish and has published many times that she viewed the Japanese women in need of liberating.

In 2014 she writes:

See… more you mix bloods, more beautiful you can get!
My children have European Jewish-Polish & French bloods mixed with Japanese blood. And I am sure they have some Arab blood as well, because my dear Father looks exactly like Saddam Hussein!
Result: My youngest sons just shot the worldwide campaign for one of the top leaders camera brand, yeah! It’s good to be “mixed”.

Nothing wrong with that of course, unless you decide it is not ok, not to be mixed.

I see.. that explains a lot then.

The whole pageant process has been infiltrated by Mrs. (((Ligron))) which explains a lot of what we've been seeing.

How wonderful. A jewess whose father looks like Saddam Hussein spreading enlightenment to asia via the wonders of western cosmopolitanism.

Note the shoutout to her arab ancestry too for extra +++ cultural enrichment.

"Ines Ligron is the director and originator of Miss Japan. She is jewish and has published many times that she viewed the Japanese women in need of liberating."

Yeah, this is social programming. I've dated hotter Japanese chicks than her, and I don't even hold a candle to some of the real pickup guys on this forum. I doubt guys like Phoenix would even give her the time of day.
Why the hell isn't Miss Japan being chosen by Japanese people? Why do they need some ugly Jewish woman to do it?

#OutOutOut, it's not just for America anymore.

Quote: (09-06-2016 01:44 PM)Travesty Wrote:  

Quote: (09-06-2016 11:52 AM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

I gotta disagree a little bit. She is pretty enough (face wise) to be in a pageant anywhere. Is she the best in Japan?

Need to call you out. Haven't you been on a Texas college campus somewhere? I lived in a college neighborhood where I would see 5 girls just going for a walk in the morning that beat her out like Dennis Rodman on the glass son!

In SoCal this girl is toast. A wet rag. A 3 day old muffin.

What's your motive here?

You calling me out means exactly what now? You are the Resident RVF Hardass. Everyone knows that. If you score her a 4/10, no regular here will blink twice at that except for the new members that do not know you.

[Image: 5741511+_2e531c809c6dc9fb548ee0151862bbd2.jpg]

Quote: (09-06-2016 01:45 PM)Kona Wrote:  

Aloha!

In what way? The way she handles trunks? [Image: treehugger.gif]