rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Vilnius, Lithuania 2016 Datasheet

I was in Vilnius from August 7th to 17th this year. My trip was plagued by a lot of bad weather, which put a damper on the nightlife scene. I was with a couple of friends, who spent an extra 5 days and they said it got better as the weather improved (after I left, of course [Image: huh.gif])

My blog got picked up by the Lithuanian news portal, Delfi--same one that Roosh trolled a few years ago, if I recall right. They actually told my story in a fair matter, which I was shocked about. So that was kind of neat.

Story is here.

I spent most of my time fighting off a bit of a family trip hangover (6 cities in 14 days), meeting some new friends, and of course--exploring the shampoo commercial that is Vilnius (more on that below).

ABOUT ME

24 years old, now-retired computer engineer turned professional blogger, dark-skinned (half Asian half white), 5'9". There's pics of me all over my site (see signature). I'm decent looking but not a model.

My most recent US home was in Los Angeles, but I also spent significant time in San Diego. So I'm pretty battle hardened from the SoCal game scene.

Travel experience: I've spent this entire year in Europe after quitting my job, and have traveled consistently the last 3 years.

LOGISTICS

Vilnius is small. Like, really fucking small. You can walk from one side of the city to the other in less than half an hour.

So really, anywhere in the main area. If at all possible I'd try to get as close as I could to Vilnius Street (Gatve). That's where most of the bars and clubs are, as well as the most populated streets for daygame.

[Image: Snip20160905_3.png]

THE GIRLS

MOST of them have hair like this. Not kidding. At all.

[Image: Cpm_HRAVWc_AAP3_DC.jpg]

It's really like being in a shampoo commercial. It is truly something.

I spend the majority of my time in Kiev these days, so naturally I'm spoiled rotten by the beauty here. And frankly, Vilnius doesn't hold a card to Kiev. Part of this is simply a numbers game. Kiev is a city of nearly 3 million, whilst Vilnius barely has half of 1 million.

But if you just compare them based off of quality, they're not SO far off. They are slim and pretty--English is excellent, as well. However, you won't find a huge variety. The vast majority are some form of blonde with blue eyes. Very few redheads for those of you who like those.

They're definitely colder personality wise than Polish girls, but more thin. Downside is that they have very little curves to them--both the good and bad kind.

In a nutshell, using Poles, Ukrainians, and Russians as examples:

Ukrainian and Russian girls are hotter.
If you like slim girls Lithuanian girls are hotter than Poles.
If you got a sickness for the thickness Poles are better.
If you like warm personalities Polish girls are better.

SPEAKING OF ENGLISH...

The English is excellent. My friends were trying to find their apartment one night, and a 70 year old granny helped them out in perfect English.

You can expect nearly everyone you deal with to speak English if you spend your time in Vilnius. Even when I ventured an hour or so out of the city that was still the case.

NIGHTGAME

Salento gets a LOT of hype but I have no idea why. It's a shitty Latin club with a bunch of Turkish dudes running amok. Add in the shitty hostel and pub crawls and it's just not a good time. Also, it's way far out from the other places.

Cocainn was probably my favorite club. Good dance floor, a few quiet areas to talk, and some really good talent on Friday and Saturday nights. Doesn't get going until well past midnight, so plan accordingly.

Paparazzi Bar is a cool spot, but dress well. I got face controlled one night because of a guy I was with one night (he heard me talking to the reporter for Delfi and we ended up hanging out).

Vasamos Terasa is near the end of Vilnius Gatve. Be aware, there are three of them with the same name. This is the one you want: https://www.google.com.ua/maps/place/Vas...25.2795065

Most of the pubs on Vilnius Gatve are easily walkable from each other. Talent varies night to night. The best two are probably Republic and La Birra. All of these are so close you can walk to and from them easily and pick whatever's best.

DAYGAME

Vilnius is so small that I have nothing to say other than to walk around the main areas. You could EASILY burn this place out though, so be aware.

DATE VENUES
  • Carre Bar & Lounge
  • Studio 9
  • Vasamos Terasa (summer months only)
  • Republic (wouldn't be my first choice but worth mentioning, could use as a second venue or in a pinch.)
  • Alaus Biblioteka
  • Cheers Pub

FOOD
Nothing special, very similar to most other Eastern European countries. Lot of oily meat and potatoes.

As a side note, I drank the tap water (supposed to be okay) and I was NOT okay. Switched to bottled the last part of the trip and all problems evaporated.

I'll mention a few places to eat:
  • Jurgis ir Drakonas (great pizza)
  • No Forks (Mexican fast-casual like Chiptotle, good for quick meals)
  • Alaus Biblioteka (Different menu every night and great beers on tap)
  • Meat Lovers Pub (self explanatory)
THINGS TO DO

The two must do's in my opinion are Trakai Village and Uzupis.

Trakai is about an hour out of Vilnius and is just a cool experience. I posted a bunch of photos on my travel blog if you want an example. It's like seeing a toy Lego castle. Really excellent traditional dumplings and food in this area too. Dedicate a whole day to it.

Uzupis is a republic located in Vilnius. Admittedly, it's small. But it's cool to think that they have their own constitution and whatnot. Don't need more than a few hours for this.

Other than that, man--there really isn't a ton to do in Vilnius. It's pretty small, and you can do all the tourist stuff within a day if you set your mind to it. I spent more time than I'd care to admit just lounging in cafes and drinking coffee.

QUALITY OF LIFE & CONCLUSION

Vilnius is a cool place, but personally I can't say that I'm keen to go back. But...I like the big cities. Hustle and bustle. Kiev is home to me now. I also love New York. So that tells you a bit about me.

Overall, Vilnius is a modern city with a lot of amenities. The quality of life is pretty good, and will probably continue to get better in the coming years as they get more acclimated to the Euro (assuming the EU doesn't implode).

If you're the calmer type of person who doesn't like that kind of craziness, I can say that the quality of girls in Vilnius is not too far off the top tier. If you jive with the city, I could see a stay for either short or long term to be pretty well worth it. If you get bored easily and like the hustle--you'll likely end up bored, like I did.

Oh, and if you like really nice hair, then it might be worth a jaunt.

Thanks for the data sheet, it is mostly on the spot. As a fluent LT speaker it is interesting to me to read how negative the comments are to thisistroubles article that appeared on Delfi. One cannot properly comment on a capital city or whole nationality just by spending a week in a place. IMHO, to do a well thought out article about a certain country's women requires at least a one month visit. Also, based on my multiple trips to LT I do not agree with thisistroubles note that LT men are desperate and need to get drunk to approach women. On the contrary since most guys are tall and stylish and since there are more women than men in the capital Vilnius they actually have their pickings of women and just need to show up at places to get numbers. Most LT guys have no clue what the term "game" means and interactions do come "naturally" via social circles.

Finally, I must add that the list of night-life places would not be complete without adding Pabo Latino night club. It is a slightly better version of Salento with a Latin theme albeit only open Th-Sat.

Quote: (09-05-2016 09:24 PM)TripleG Wrote:  

Thanks for the data sheet, it is mostly on the spot. As a fluent LT speaker it is interesting to me to read how negative the comments are to thisistroubles article that appeared on Delfi. One cannot properly comment on a capital city or whole nationality just by spending a week in a place. IMHO, to do a well thought out article about a certain country's women requires at least a one month visit. Also, based on my multiple trips to LT I do not agree with thisistroubles note that LT men are desperate and need to get drunk to approach women. On the contrary since most guys are tall and stylish and since there are more women than men in the capital Vilnius they actually have their pickings of women and just need to show up at places to get numbers. Most LT guys have no clue what the term "game" means and interactions do come "naturally" via social circles.

Finally, I must add that the list of night-life places would not be complete without adding Pabo Latino night club. It is a slightly better version of Salento with a Latin theme albeit only open Th-Sat.

I would say that it is completely missing the best place in town, "Kokteilių baras Pantera". Got lucky there in 2013 (on 2nd date) with a really nice lady, half Ukrainian though.

I also banged a slut from Salento...

Buddha 311 can be good too, depends on the night, I had fun there some nights. Funny note, my friend who has a latin/arab look, got face controlled, and managed to get in when I nodded to the bouncer that he was with me.

Another positive thing of the city, and though not like in Tallinn, but I saw some Finnish tourists, a group of 5 was DTF and by pure stupidity we let them go unharmed...

I like Vilnius, amazing city, very quiet and historical, nice people and the garden across the river with the families and pretty girls walking by the sunset it's something that heaven should be like.

The major turn-off for me is the English proficiency.

@This Is Trouble: Did you get your flag?

Quote: (09-05-2016 09:24 PM)TripleG Wrote:  

She actually took that part out of context. I had said they do seem to drink, but that they didn't "need game" due to the way the social system operated there.

@Rocha: Yeah it's not a perfect sheet. I didn't check everything out admittedly. But there's not a lot of data regarding Vilnius out there!

@This is Trouble

It is indeed a really nice sheet with good info, and thank you for it.

I remind another great place in Vilnius, SkyBar at the top of the Radisson hotel. Excellent for a date with a high end girl, and to bar/cocktail lounge game. Magnificent view of the city.

Also liked the Russian disco, Marushka. It was an agressive place, both times I have seen fights ensuing on the inside and in the outside areaa, but as long a guy does not mess with the wrong ladies, there is a good chance of hooking up.

Thanks for the info.

I'm moving to Vilnius next week to study. I'll be there for a while.

Gonna go ahead and bump this thread.

I have the option of studying in Vilnius for a year as part of the student exchange program.

There is also Budapest, Prague, Lithuania and Bulgaria in EE.

If anyone has any advice that'd be cool

Vilnius good : you missed Borsch and Sue's Indian Raja, the two best restaurants I came across in the city

Quote: (10-09-2016 03:46 PM)mrganteng Wrote:  

Gonna go ahead and bump this thread.

I have the option of studying in Vilnius for a year as part of the student exchange program.

There is also Budapest, Prague, Lithuania and Bulgaria in EE.

If anyone has any advice that'd be cool

I'd personally take Budapest or Prague instead.

Better weather most of the year. Little bit bigger and more vibrant city. Especially if you're studying abroad--you're gonna want to party.

Everyone in Vilnius speaks english?? No way in hell.

You will get into trouble every now with language and then so don't expect people to be happy about you speaking in english all the time.

I think Lithuania has one of the hottest women in the world, along with Sweden. They speak English much better than most countries. It's cheap but city is very small. I want to spend more time there, I want to give it a try for a month there.

Quote: (11-29-2016 03:19 AM)MCMV Wrote:  

I think Lithuania has one of the hottest women in the world, along with Sweden. They speak English much better than most countries. It's cheap but city is very small. I want to spend more time there, I want to give it a try for a month there.

Don't go at this time of the year. It was cold and rainy in August--can't even imagine what it's like now.

^ If it's like here in Gdansk (which is pretty close) then it's still rainy, but colder, with the sun setting by 4.

You can't let weather determine your game. Poland gets 3 months of decent weather per year and it doesn't stop people from going out. It's probably worse if you do day game but at night it's better because everyone is inside and most popular places are packed. I don't recommend December because of Christmas but months like February and March are not bad at all.

Quote: (11-29-2016 05:19 AM)This Is Trouble Wrote:  

Quote: (11-29-2016 03:19 AM)MCMV Wrote:  

Don't go at this time of the year. It was cold and rainy in August--can't even imagine what it's like now.

I know, I've been there shortly already but not enough time to discover everything. I think if you stay in Vilnius for 2 weeks, you'd know the city as same as local Lithuanian who was born there.

Weather sucks, I agree but most hot countries don't have beautiful girls, I don't know why but usually cold countries have most beautiful girls. I learned to use the weather on my advantage, since if it's cold or rainy, you'd have extra reason to tell the girls to chill at the house [Image: wink.gif]

Quote: (11-29-2016 05:49 AM)Pointer Wrote:  

You can't let weather determine your game. Poland gets 3 months of decent weather per year and it doesn't stop people from going out. It's probably worse if you do day game but at night it's better because everyone is inside and most popular places are packed. I don't recommend December because of Christmas but months like February and March are not bad at all.

Of course it determines WHERE you should game.

If someone is location independent (sounds like he is) and considering spending a month in a place where there's likely to be snow, there's no reason they wouldn't choose a better option for that time period where the weather is better.