rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

XPQ22's One Year "State of the Game" 2016

It was around this time last year that I got my first bang since joining the forum. It feels like forever ago! I thought I'd take a moment to look back and reflect on how things have gone, think about goals for the future, and perhaps by way of example give other guys starting out some insight into what they might be able to reasonably expect.

I don't keep exact statistics in a journal or anything, but as my notch count isn't into the stratosphere by any means, I can pretty easily remember most of the relevant details.

So, without further ado:

Me: mid-30s white guy in Eastern Massachusetts.

Number of lays: 10. Okay, it's actually 9 if you want to be technical, but I'm counting one girl who would do everything except actually stick it in because of...reasons...as 1. She was really cute. Sorry.

Number of girls I made out with/got a bit of titty sucking/groping with but finally couldn't close with due to various issues: add another dozen or so.

Number of first dates: around 50.

Number of phone numbers taken from night game: around 20.

Number of girls whose numbers I took from night game who flaked/ghosted: all

Number of lays from night game: 1 (SNL)

Number of phone numbers taken during the day: maybe a dozen, if that.

Number of girls whose numbers I took from day game who flaked/ghosted: all

Number of lays from day game: 0

Most productive online game app: OKCupid.

Number of opening messages sent on that site alone: over a thousand, at least.

Number of women who opened me in a year: perhaps 30. Less than 10 were 6+.

Lays from me sending the first messsage vs. them: about 50-50.

Least productive online game app: POF. Only one lay from there, single mom, barely a "6" on a good day. For probably 100+ openers sent. Most of the time it doesn't seem like anyone there is even paying attention.

Shit I still haven't tried: Tinder, Bumble, Match.com, SA.

Most attractive girl I closed with: "8." Wow!

Least attractive girl I closed with: "5." Bleh. Sorry.

Number of girls I banged who were using online dating to cheat on their LTR: One certain, at least one more probable.

Number of girls I met with who were likely DL working girls rent-seeking: At least three, probably four.

Number of girls I met with from online who were clearly crazy to any rational observer: around a quarter. No, Girl #1, you can't steal the fucking "sweet glassware" from the bar, for Chrissakes! They need that to put the drinks in! No, Girl #2, your wild stories of inflatable kiddie pools full of sex toys don't impress me. Jeez, Girl #3...where do you buy a Tazer dildo, anyway?

Farthest I went for a date: 100 miles, round trip. Was worth it.

Closest I went for a date: 4 miles, round trip. Not worth it.

Farthest I drove, and had to swing the car around and head home because she got pissy with me via text for running late: 60 miles, round trip.

Shortest date: ~5 minutes.

Longest date: 6 pm to the break of dawn. [Image: banana.gif]

Number of lawyers met with: 2

Number of lawyers banged: 0

Number of stealth SJWs met with who complained about pronoun usage on the date: 1

Number banged: 0

Number of times I was tricked by a SIF: 1

Best month: February 2016 around V day; two lays and a makeout/grope session with three different girls in the same week.

Longest dry spell: November to January. Nothing worth mentioning that I can recall.

Number of girls I didn't bang on the first date, but fooled around with and then managed to close with on the second: 2

Number of girls who I didn't get any action from on the first date and hit me up for a second: 1

Number of girls who I didn't get any action from on the first date and eventually banged: 0

Most common profession of the girls I banged: education/healthcare/nerdy librarian

Race/ethnicity of the girls I banged: all white. I'd like to change that.

Number of girls of the 10 I ended up banging regularly: 3

Longest time I banged a plate/"mini-LTR" regularly for: 5 months

Most number of girls "on rotation" at any time: 2

Current number of girls "on rotation": 1

So that's about all the interesting stats I can think of right now. It's been a fun ride, no doubt about it. I wish I could've done better; mainly wish I could've pulled a couple more attractive girls than I had, on rotation for longer than I did. As other forum members have pointed out, what I'm probably really looking for at this point in my life is not giant notch counts, but a solid (hot) girl, with a personality that isn't unbearable, for a satisfying LTR. Unfortunately, she hasn't appeared yet. But I won't stop working at it.

Thanks, guys.

Congrats on a great year! Now bang 40 more.

- Clint Barton

delete

This is pretty inspirational for me man, thanks for sharing it.

What was your game level at the beginning of this? How much would you say the above experience has improved your ability? What were your main sticking points and what were you already pretty good at when you started?

XPQ, good numbers -- what do you think you could do to improve your game/numbers? Are you good looking/in shape/average/ugly? Are you in a good area for meeting women?

"To be underestimated, is an incredible gift." Rackham

Great stats, very interesting and thanks for sharing that.

Interesting stats, thank you for sharing this. Your end goals seem quite similar to mine.

I'd like to ask two questions:

1) Did you do any social circle game during that time period? I see you don't mention this anywhere in the sheet.

2) What do you think is the reason for that enormous flake rate from day/night game?

Excellent breakdown.
Age range of girls banged and some observational data to that end?

100% flake rate from night game numbers.
100% flake rate from day game numbers.
There's something wrong there. I'd focus on what I was doing wrong and fix it.
Is it logistics, am I coming across as low SMV, am I not building enough interest, is my follow up game shit, who am I coming across as?
These are number closes, not just approaches. You should at least get some dates from them.

It's good to see a realistic breakdown of the numbers like this. I realize that there's no way I'd have the energy to do what you did.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Quote: (08-26-2016 05:06 PM)HonantheBarbarian Wrote:  

This is pretty inspirational for me man, thanks for sharing it.

What was your game level at the beginning of this? How much would you say the above experience has improved your ability? What were your main sticking points and what were you already pretty good at when you started?

I'd say the things I was good at to begin with were just being naturally extroverted, having decent social skills and maybe what one might call calibration. I worked in customer service/shipping/logistics for several years when I was in my 20s, and got a lot of experience with talking with all sorts of people from around the country and around the world. The boss would often be like "Hey, this package didn't arrive at so and so's. Call DHL in Germany and figure out what happened." And so I'm suddenly on the line with a bunch of my German counterparts in Hamburg.

If you can deal with an irate Serbian screaming at you in heavily accented English that you can barely understand, wondering why his $5000 shipment was delayed in customs (shit, did I tick the wrong box on the form?) you can certainly brush off the stress a snotty college girl in a bar might feel like laying on you without getting riled.

Game level: Not good. I'd been out of it for several years due to a serious illness, and for much of that time relationships were the last thing on my mind. It was getting to doctors appointments, physical therapy, trying to make ends meet without being able to have consistent employment. Prior to that, I'd been pretty much in a couple of LTRs that in hindsight, were with women I settled for and were not healthy.

I frankly had more "game" in my high school and college years than I did in most of my 20s, though of course I didn't know a term for it then. I got laid for the first time at 17, three weeks after I left home for school. Had two girls in my bed for the first, and so far only, time a year later.

At a liberal arts college with a 60-40 m/f ratio, with no social media or even cell phones, and being a long haired rocker kid who could strum a few chords on a guitar, in those days the level of "game" you needed to get laid with free-spirited art school girls circa 1997 was shockingly low. Even so the "80-20" rule still seemed to apply. My notch count over four years probably wasn't more than 5 or 6, but I did spend several of those years with the same girl.

But I knew many guys who weren't getting anything at all. It wasn't that they were hideously ugly or completely unbangable; I think they could've had decent success if they'd put their minds to it. But for whatever reason they just didn't have the social skills or were too intimidated to go for the kill. Couldn't deal with the rejection - and there's always going to be rejection.

I was using the Internet (and by Internet I mean America Online on a dial-up modem) to pull a girl here and there in my early 20s, long before online dating went mainstream. I was much more introverted back then, often went through periods of depression, and spent (wasted?) a lot of time in chat rooms. Ironically, I think those "skills" have worked to my advantage on sites like OKCupid. I never relied on canned openers or shit like that, after using the site for several hours each week for a few months I got my "system" for taking a shot a girls pretty much down to a science...I can click on a profile, check out her pics, skim the profile and bang out a clever/interesting first message that's specific to her in about 90 seconds tops.

But I wasn't kidding about 1000+ first messages sent. I think many guys get discouraged with online dating because they don't get just how much work it can be to pull a girl from one of the apps to the real world - and that's actually the easiest part. The first girl I banged from online a year ago was a mid 30s "6"...pleasant enough girl but would never set the world on fire, saw her about 5 times as fuckbuddies until she broke it off, hit her up one weekend about a month later on the weekend and she was drunk and invited me over, banged her one more time, and then she cut me off for good. I could've probably seen her regularly for longer, but looking back I made an enormous number of mistakes, just as a result of being very rusty.

That first lay from online game took me the better part of two months fucking around on the site every day, probably 100 or so openers sent, three first dates which were blowouts, tons of go-nowhere conversations, me doing dumb shit like being super-needy, sending chicks walls of text, not moving the fuck along and pitching the meet ASAP when I closed on a number and ending up in texting hell, etc. I could punch myself because I know I lost out on some lays due to inexperience. OKCupid's talent level and response rate in this area as I recall was much better last summer than now. Girls were tossing me their #'s each week, and I was fucking it up just as fast. I could type some decent lines at them like a chat room, but I just didn't have the other skills.

Other main sticking points, once I got a girl in front of me, I think were the same as many other newbies I see in this section: escalation and closing! First, how to tell fairly quickly when going in blind if a chick has genuine attraction that I can work with, or if she's just a serial dater or otherwise disinterested, and second, if there is genuine attraction, how to push forward appropriately so that I have a good shot at banging her, or at the very least keep her hot enough so that she wants to see me again, if it's not on the table the first time out.

I wasted a good amount of time chasing after girls and finishing out 4 hour long dates with leads who were finally just not interested, and also by not going for the kill and trying to "take it slow" with girls who definitely didn't want to take it slow! Screening is a big part of it, too. After I'd had a few successes I started comparing the "feel" I got with a new girl to the "feel" I had with the previous. Almost like a bit of a sixth sense, I learned to trust my instincts on that. A date with a new girl where there's genuine attraction and there might be a bang in my future has a certain feel to it. If I'm not getting that feel pretty quickly, I start planning my exit; I definitely don't spend 4 hours entertaining chicks anymore. I had to put aside my worry about not being a "nice guy" and become a bit of an asshole about that. Timewasters are stealing from me - stealing time that could be spent with someone who genuinely likes me.

I had to get accustomed to how dating has changed since a decade ago, and how ruthless women can be about it. I found it really odd that I could have a fantastic makeout and grope session with a cute girl and then she wouldn't even want to talk to me anymore. Or even ones I banged. But I thought it was a sure thing! Definitely not. That kind of behavior would've been almost unheard of back in the 90s, and I had to grudgingly start to accept what is conventional wisdom here: nothing is a sure thing until you're having sex with her, and even then the long-term outcome isn't set in stone. I'm still not completely comfortable with it and probably never will be...banging a random girl in a strange apartment two hours after meeting her isn't always my idea of a good time.

I'm getting older and sometimes I'm just not physically up for it. Sometimes I'm tipsy or tired and I know my performance will probably be shit. Sometimes I just don't feel particularly attractive and don't want to pull my clothes off in front of a chick I barely know and act like it's going to be something special. To not have to spend a good chunk of time before every meet looking at Google Maps and thinking "Where should I take her? Where does she live in relation to me? Could I make the logistics work? How is she getting there? Could I work an angle where I could suggest driving her home if we're near her place in the city? Do I have condoms in my car, if there aren't any options and it comes to that? Is my fucking nutsack trimmed?"

Sometimes all I'd like to do is sit down and have an old fashioned dinner date with a new girl, relax and "take it slow" and talk over a couple of hours, build some attraction and be guaranteed that she'd at least show up for a second because there's no doubt in her mind that I might have a place in her life, in the same way that it worked for me years ago. Apparently those days are gone, which makes me sad.

There are other things I could go into, like the fact that my day and night game results are terrible and it's enormously frustrating to me, but this post is already getting into TLDR territory so I'll stop for now. Hopefully it's helpful to some other guys, and it's helped to clarify things in my own mind as well.

Quote: (08-26-2016 05:57 PM)Chowder Head Wrote:  

XPQ, good numbers -- what do you think you could do to improve your game/numbers? Are you good looking/in shape/average/ugly? Are you in a good area for meeting women?

I'm a big bearded balding guy. [Image: blush.gif] Not big as in significantly overweight, just a large build, like a football player. Twee hipsters often mistake me for a bouncer outside bars or clubs when I'm just standing around. No, I don't want to see your ID, thanks.

Fortunately the hair loss isn't severe and I've been able to keep it in check with minox. Unfortunately, without professional work the days of rocking anything but a buzz cut or high and tight are pretty much over.

I keep in decent enough shape by doing some cardio each week and keeping my calorie intake down, but could definitely use a ton of improvement. If I could commit to a serious lifting routine, I could probably be a monster.

When I was younger I was probably above average, at this point I'd say I'm just average appearance-wise.

Some girls absolutely will not go for the "bearded tough guy" masculine look in a million years. And there are others who wet themselves over it. That's OK though, I think it's better to be a "10" to some and a "1" to others instead of a "6" to everyone.

Quote:Quote:

2) What do you think is the reason for that enormous flake rate from day/night game?

100% flake rate from night game numbers.
100% flake rate from day game numbers.
There's something wrong there. I'd focus on what I was doing wrong and fix it.
Is it logistics, am I coming across as low SMV, am I not building enough interest, is my follow up game shit, who am I coming across as?
These are number closes, not just approaches. You should at least get some dates from them.

Enormously frustrating. I think there are several issues at play. First is poor logistics...I'm currently living in the suburbs and there are no "night game" venues to speak of here. The nearest bar or club that I can hit up on a weekend where you might encounter decent single women is at least 30 miles north or south. That's a real logistical problem, because competition for girls is already pretty fierce just among guys who live directly in the cities. So a girl might be interested, but I can't do much with it except take a phone number. And then what's the plan? I'm sure some are asking themselves why exactly they'd want to go for a day 2 with a guy who from their perspective might as well live on the moon.

With online game I faced similar problems. Looking at a girl's location has been an important part of screening, there are certain urban areas that I just totally gave up on because I realized that the entire reality of the girls there was the downtown area. If you lived more than 10 miles away, you simply didn't exist...every guy they could ever want was already next door. Overall I did the best with girls who didn't live directly in the city and faced similar issues - poor logistics, lack of available men.

Most of my nights out have been solo, which has upsides and downsides. I think it's been mostly a downside here because the problem has always been isolation. Girls never go out by themselves, it's always minimum a group of two or three, and sometimes many many more. If I'm honest I'd say most of the numbers I took were just weak leads to begin with. Rushed setups, not enough attraction built, simply what I was able to grab because that happened to be the girl whose friends fucked off for just long enough that I could have a ten minute conversation in relative private.

I think Boston is a poor area for night game overall as well, and I've made posts to this effect as. Similar to Toronto and DC in many ways (though the women are in my opinion much better looking.) But many conventionally attractive guys with baller jobs on the prowl, women are often standoffish, cuntish, and insular, poor ratios, the majority of good looking girls you'll see on a weekend will have at least one guy in tow and often more than one, overall too many cocks chasing too few pussies.

I think Roosh's "Approachable Girl Metric" is a pretty solid idea:

http://www.rooshv.com/the-approachable-girl-metric

And it's completely common to check out venues that on the surface seem like they should be pretty good, but you do the mental calculation and realize that there might be at most two approachable girls in a bar of 100 people.

Younger, college-age guys might do a lot better at dance-floor oriented clubs with the college girls. But I'm too old for it, and would definitely feel like the weird old guy in the club. It's not really my scene.

I've had some really harsh blowouts at night. But I'm not doing anything significantly different than take the same tack that gets me laid with girls just as attractive when I meet them one-on-one from online. It's a downer and a self-reinforcing cycle: lack of success makes me reluctant to approach.

Quote: (08-27-2016 02:16 AM)Khan Wrote:  

Interesting stats, thank you for sharing this. Your end goals seem quite similar to mine.

I'd like to ask two questions:

1) Did you do any social circle game during that time period? I see you don't mention this anywhere in the sheet.

Not much. Though I grew up here, I just moved back to the area for family reasons last summer. I don't know many people here anymore and most of the solid people I knew from high school and college live elsewhere now.

It's difficult to reboot a social circle when you're a stranger at the best of times, and New England's peculiar insular nature doesn't help things. It's been hard to find a niche. I don't feel a lot in common with the guys I encounter in their mid-30s out in the 'burbs, married with 2 kids and a mortgage and doing the 9-5. They're on that program, and I decided a long time ago that wasn't going to be my program. But Boston is one of the most heavily liberal and feminist cities in America, so I don't feel a lot in common with many of those college-educated tech guys (that's my industry), either. They're better company to throw back some beers with than the townies, but they're on that program. They're friendly enough, but due to their deep internalized "blue pill" reality, I simply don't trust them.

Around here the social circle I seem to fit in best with is what it's always been since I was a teenager: the goths/punks/local metal bands/Burning man aficionados/artists/DJs/club security/bartenders/biker crowd. The freaks and geeks. I've made at least casual acquaintances with some local promoters, DJs, and bar owners that I get along pretty well with. I've accepted that unfortunately, Facebook has to be an integral part of any "social circle" game around here. I post stuff occasionally, pictures of me doing interesting things, and when it's "liked" (ugh) by one of these guys with huge numbers of followers I've noticed that the "likes" from women in their social circle follow right behind.

I haven't yet been able to leverage anything out of this, though. Again, the problem is that at the end of the day, I'm a player and most of these guys are mostly not, or at least not openly. If I bang a girl in their social circle and things go south, I wouldn't trust them not to undercut me.

From what I've heard from you and other people I know well, Boston seems to be an awful game venue. And you live in a poor logistical neighborhood.

Have you ever used Hotel Tonight? Many girls are turned on by going to a hotel [seen as much safer than your place] with a guy they just met and are horny.

This is a great write up of stats and your experience.

More men on this forum should share their experiences in a constructive way where other men can learn from.

Exactly why I make my annual review guides.

Keep the updates coming, you can only get better from here man !

Quote: (08-27-2016 11:15 AM)DonnyGately Wrote:  

From what I've heard from you and other people I know well, Boston seems to be an awful game venue. And you live in a poor logistical neighborhood.

It is tough. The fucked up thing is that on the surface, at least, it seems like it should be awesome. 200,000 college students? A booming medical/education industry that attracts women from all over the country and the world? As one out-of-towner mentioned on another thread, spend a summer afternoon walking through Copley Plaza or a weekend evening in Central Square and you'll spot dimes everywhere. But it's that glittery slot machine that in my (admittedly limited) experience, just pathologically refuses to pay out.

The simplest explanation is that for every dime between 18-35, there are 2.5 ballers willing to drop everything on them for a shot. And this plays out in the attitudes you encounter. Unlike NYC, the women are simply not at all thirsty.

The good news is NYC is right down the street.

Have you ever used Hotel Tonight? Many girls are turned on by going to a hotel [seen as much safer than your place] with a guy they just met and are horny.

AirBNB is how I managed to pull the one SNL from night game I got. That was Providence, a city that I've had the best night game experiences in overall; it has provided. If I had to pick a diamond in the waste for game in New England, I think Providence would be it.

I may have to stay in this area for another year or so due to family obligations (elderly parents.) If that's the case, my plan is to sublet a place closer to one of the cities. Logistics is crucial, and that's issue #1 in what's killing me. If it comes to even just leasing a $350/mo small office or "artist's space" downtown (which I actually could use as I'm a technology contractor) that I can put a futon in and access after hours, then that's what I'll do.

Quote: (08-27-2016 02:43 AM)Chetthebaker Wrote:  

Excellent breakdown.
Age range of girls banged and some observational data to that end?

Youngest was 26. Oldest IIRC was 38. If I had to guess a mean age, it would be 30. Via online at least, the demographic I do best with is definitely around 28-35. Most interest, highest response rate. I had a couple online dates set with 21, 22 year olds but they either flaked or they just weren't into me in person. In person with night game it's a different story; most people are surprised when I tell them I'm headed towards 40, and not more like 29. At bars I can chat up the younger girls and they don't seem uncomfortable at all,l if I'm not offering up the intel that I was born in the dying days of disco unprompted. I'm sure I could get away with knocking 5 years off my real age online without trouble, but I don't feel comfortable doing that at this point.

Strangely, I found that I got flaked on/blown out by the few women in their 40s that were interested online almost as bad as the early 20s. If I'm remembering correctly I had around 6 dates scheduled with women 40+; four flaked, one of them was that cuntish chick via text before I even arrived and I headed home to keep my dignity, and the last a few weeks ago was pleasant (even paid my dinner tab as a consolation prize) but not into any escalation whatsoever.

For some reason I got it in my head that I wanted to go for the MILF lay, but so far it's never happened. I'd try again but it seems 6 women exhausted the entire population of attractive 40+ women in a 50 mile radius, on OKC at least. You'd think it would be easy, right? Guess not. Competition for those wall-dodgers must be cutthroat as they seem like fair game for everyone from 25 to 90. Makes me a bit concerned for my own future.

If the intelligence I gathered from a couple girls it worked out with that I let briefly peek at my OKC account can be considered reliable, even as difficult as it seems my response rate etc. is, in their professional opinion, significantly better than average compared to whatever they and their pals have seen in the past. I think in this area if one is able to bang even a couple attractive new girls a year from Internet dating, it means that one is at the very least in the top 20% of the enormous amount of dick flooding the sites.

In this town I'm sure the top 10-5% of conventionally attractive men with game using online dating are absolutely cleaning house like gangbusters. I'm sure there's a Boston version of the famous "Hebrew Hammer" MD from NYC that's laying 50+ new girls a year from Tinder. Unfortunately, that's not me, or most of us.

Final thoughts. Whatever your situation, whatever your location, whatever your race, whatever your experience, whatever your age, whatever your looks, whatever your "logistics", whatever your income, whatever your status, don't let anyone tell you it can't be done.

If you've got a few functioning limbs, a working dick and a brain, it can. I know it to be true.

This is awesome. Reminds me of Kaotic's annual reviews, which are also great. I know flakes are the norm now, at least from online, but that seems crazy that all the daytime/nighttime leads disappeared. Also, the 50 dates --> 10 bangs seems a bit of a low conversion rate. Don't mean to be a dick here but these seem to be two areas that with a bit of effort you can squeeze out several more bangs a year.

I encourage you to get on tinder/bumble/happn/coffee meets bagel. They all have a better ROI right now than OKC. I'd also be shameless and lower my age if you can pull it off. However, it truly sucks if you find a relationship quality girl and your relationship is grounded on that lie.

You ever going to travel abroad? I feel like every other guy that has a similar posting record/age to you has been pretty focused on foreign girls.

So basically all your 10 lays have been from online dating?

Do you have an estimate on how many daygame and nightgame approaches you have done?

My game blog.

Quote: (09-03-2016 05:48 PM)future Wrote:  

So basically all your 10 lays have been from online dating?

Yep. All except one lucky strike.

Do you have an estimate on how many daygame and nightgame approaches you have done?

Well, more than 25, less than a hundred for each. Certainly more for night game.

Sadly, I have to admit that after a while my number of approaches started to decline. After I hooked up with an "8" from online game earlier this year, and banged two girls from online in the same week in February, I thought...why am I bothering to drive 30 miles into the city and spend money and grind away at it for few results, when I could just use that time to spam 100 online openers?

When I was seeing two girls from online regularly earlier this summer, I didn't even bother approaching girls regularly in bars. What's the point? They were just places to hang, drink, and BS with the couple of male friends I have in this area.

Decline begets decline.

Damn dude, it sounds like this has been a full-time job for you, all to bang 9 women well past their prime whom you don't even like? Time to think about whether the return on setting up countless dates with older and/or obviously damaged women is worth the hassle. You say that you'd like a satisfying LTR above all else, so why not focus on meeting quality over quantity? I've taken said approach, and while I don't get new lays nearly as often as you, I do manage to find a young, likable, relationship-worthy girl every now and then. Oh, and I'm also left with much more free time than you probably have going on 50 first dates a year, the thought of which makes me want to [Image: puke.gif].

Quote: (09-07-2016 09:48 PM)Delta Wrote:  

Damn dude, it sounds like this has been a full-time job for you, all to bang 9 women well past their prime whom you don't even like? Time to think about whether the return on setting up countless dates with older and/or obviously damaged women is worth the hassle. You say that you'd like a satisfying LTR above all else, so why not focus on meeting quality over quantity? I've taken said approach, and while I don't get new lays nearly as often as you, I do manage to find a young, likable, relationship-worthy girl every now and then. Oh, and I'm also left with much more free time than you probably have going on 50 first dates a year, the thought of which makes me want to [Image: puke.gif].

Yup. The medium-term goal right now is to build up my finances and get everything in order so I can leave.

Just change Washington, DC to Boston in the following post and everything applies the same (except the overall attractiveness is probably slightly higher, and the HIV rate lower):

http://www.rooshv.com/15-reasons-why-was...s-for-guys

Unless you're something extraordinary you'll work your ass off to bang a 6 (paraphrasing another Roosh post), as you might guess from my post. Oh, and every college-educated white girl is a feminist of some fashion, to a one.

I met a few okay girls who were worthy of longer-term investment, but mostly trying to enjoying the decline until it's time to bounce.

You're that far from any kind of nightlife? You must live somewhere shitty and irrelevant like Acton or Hudson or some sleepy town in the northshore like Boxford or something. Good and realistic recap. I imagine your year with dating/hooking up looks very similar to most dudes starting out in the game and in this community.

If I had to take a stab in the dark, I would guess most of your number closes are the "get in/get out" variety? One of the biggest reasons numbers don't lead anywhere is when there is not sufficient comfort/connection built prior to getting the number and ejecting. A lot of this is cultural also, though. Females in the Boston area rely heavily on social circle and dating apps to meet people. Meeting strange men naturally and organically is weird/creepy. There was a girl I was dating back east for a while that told me she outright hated being chatted up by strange men when she was out. Take it for what it is.

Quote: (09-09-2016 03:25 PM)General Stalin Wrote:  

You're that far from any kind of nightlife? You must live somewhere shitty and irrelevant like Acton or Hudson or some sleepy town in the northshore like Boxford or something. Good and realistic recap. I imagine your year with dating/hooking up looks very similar to most dudes starting out in the game and in this community.

Yeah, a town to the west very much like those. [Image: blush.gif] At this point in my life I find there are some nice parts about it, I hate dealing with traffic and high rents and prices for everything and living on top of three people and all the bullshit that goes along with living in a major city. Unfortunately, Boston real estate and rents are so expensive that even renting a studio pad n some dump like Allston that I just can use on-call is out of the question. Providence would be doable, but I still haven't determined if that town is really worth anything. And much of the nightlife is literally very gay.

On the other hand, there are a couple advantages, a girl who you hook up with that you have to drive some large number of miles to see knows that there's pretty much no choice but for things to be casual just because of the distance involved. I think it's fairly miraculous that I can even pull city girls from time to time when I'm at such a distance. Lots of dudes but lots of lame dudes, girls don't want things to get around to their social circle which is so important. So there's that. But lots of girls wouldn't even consider meeting up with a guy who lives outside the same neighborhood as them, much less nearly outside 495.

If I had to take a stab in the dark, I would guess most of your number closes are the "get in/get out" variety? One of the biggest reasons numbers don't lead anywhere is when there is not sufficient comfort/connection built prior to getting the number and ejecting. A lot of this is cultural also, though. Females in the Boston area rely heavily on social circle and dating apps to meet people. Meeting strange men naturally and organically is weird/creepy. There was a gir I was dating back east for a while that told me she outright hated being chatted up by strange men when she was out. Take it for what it is.

Yep. I know pretty well from a little research and talking to people that neighborhoods with the highest concentration of young women, like Cambridge/Somerville etc. are basically just big incestuous Tinder/OKCupid-fests. I feel sorry for the dicks of most guys there because it's likely the 80/20 rule taken to an extreme: the top guys (top hipsters) are slamming a new girl or two a week, while the rest have to settle for being the omega in a "poly" relationship with a girl who's already banging two other guys. Seems like almost every other girl's profile on the sites you click on says she's in or looking for an open-relationship, it's unreal. Open hypergamy is definitely open here.

Areas with a large population of perpetual serial online-daters tend to create a snowball effect. Besides, girls in Boston are just sooooooo busy with their careers/school/social life to meet guys so they "need" to "resort" to online dating or just meet dudes through friends or work.

Quote: (09-09-2016 05:06 PM)General Stalin Wrote:  

Areas with a large population of perpetual serial online-daters tend to create a snowball effect. Besides, girls in Boston are just sooooooo busy with their careers/school/social life to meet guys so they "need" to "resort" to online dating or just meet dudes through friends or work.

It's hilarious how many women will tell you some variant of "I haven't been doing online dating long" "I just signed up a few months ago" "I'm recently separated from my husband and started trying this out" "I just moved to the area" "You're the third guy I've met" and so on. LOL, tell it to someone who buys it. You've been using the apps since Moses was a baby.

I've gotten pretty good at walking out on serial daters: very mercenary hustlers, these Boston gals. For right now though, I'm taking a well-deserved weekend off!