rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Women fearful of brotherhood?

I want to share some observations I've made lately concerning male bonding and brotherhood and the way women react to it. The church I attend has a mens group one day a week where we do some light scripture study and just talk about whatever, fishing, whats going in the world etc. and this came up in casual conversation with my Mom, and out of the blue she blurts out is it a gay church? She quickly tried to down play it and said shes never heard of a men only group at a church. Tried act like she was joking but her tone and the way she said it indicated otherwise.

Another similar instance was at my place of work where I was simply exchanging hellos with a male coworker and inquired where a certain employee was. There was a woman right next to us and she randomly said ''get a room''. Wtf? makes no sense. Are women so afraid of brotherhood or comradery that they'll try to shame us or imply we must be gay or something wrong with us? Is it all the gay pushing in the media and in society in general that has women paranoid that any showing of male bonding could be a sign of gayness? Please share your own similar stories.

They aren't afraid, they're mad they can't be apart of that group so they can be the center of attention.

She thinks she's a special snowflake AWALT.

Women have been trying to get into men's institutions for decades, the workplace, sports, etc.

They don't want to just join these men only groups, they want to dominate and make those men bend to her will.

Your mom was probably making a joke of it, but it sheds some light on her thinking. You could've counter with her being a homophobe.

If a woman in the workplace said get a room, you ignore an attention whore. But honestly I would've jokingly said that to anyone in passing because that's my personality.

Agree with kaotic, I don't think individual women are fearful of brotherhood per se, they just can't stand being excluded. It's just part of being a woman, you tell her she can't go somewhere and that's the only damn thing she wants to do unless you are her alpha, and even then she rebels sometimes.

Also, male-only environments are so rare now women might just think they're weird and wrong and comment because of that. Don't bother asking them why women-only environments are just peachy, though, that's a waste of time.

Feminism fears brotherhood, but that's more something that's tangential to their general hatred of (and desire to destroy) masculinity.

Quote: (08-24-2016 03:24 PM)LionHound Wrote:  

I want to share some observations I've made lately concerning male bonding and brotherhood and the way women react to it. The church I attend has a mens group one day a week where we do some light scripture study and just talk about whatever, fishing, whats going in the world etc. and this came up in casual conversation with my Mom, and out of the blue she blurts out is it a gay church? She quickly tried to down play it and said shes never heard of a men only group at a church. Tried act like she was joking but her tone and the way she said it indicated otherwise.

Another similar instance was at my place of work where I was simply exchanging hellos with a male coworker and inquired where a certain employee was. There was a woman right next to us and she randomly said ''get a room''. Wtf? makes no sense. Are women so afraid of brotherhood or comradery that they'll try to shame us or imply we must be gay or something wrong with us? Is it all the gay pushing in the media and in society in general that has women paranoid that any showing of male bonding could be a sign of gayness? Please share your own similar stories.

The only women I know who fear brotherhood are women who fear their unquestioned pass in life is about to be over.

Every church I have ever attended had mens group. The understanding is as old as life itself, that when women become part of a close group of men, authenticity drops to near zero.

No, most feminine women have no issues at all with mens groups, and in fact most support it.

I'm sure this is not the case at your church, but...

I was fucking some religious girl a few years back. I went to the men's club meeting with her brother.

Those guys were gay as easter baskets.

Five or so of them had range/land rovers and a few baked cakes.

I think they just liked the whiff of homosexualness without sucking a cock.

Aloha!

Women's snarkiness about mens groups is often down to simple jealousy.

Men can get together and have a rollicking good time.

When women get together it's a seething cauldron of poison every time.

Sad really.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Women are weak in a character sense and very insecure. When they see dudes enjoying themselves and genuinely letting their guards down (they can't do this because they're insecure) they go a little haywire. Perception management in an all dude environment goes out the window.

Also, if attention is diverted to dude on dude bond strengthening and a theoretical "titanic" incident happens or there is a toss up between tickets to MNF football or staying at home with honey during :red rover red rover, send my overembelished pms symptoms over", will she still be in the #1 spot? God forbid she has to go get her hagen das for once.

I see this with my sister in law. She always looks to have sometype of wedge, however subtle, between my brother and I.

Pretty sure its unconscious behavior on their part.

In other news, don't take them serious, you'll smile more.

Bitches will invariably have a problem with anything that you do that doesn't involve them.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

This is not a new thing. In 16th Century London women were trying to get coffeehouses shut down because men were gathering there and interacting.

Quote: (08-24-2016 07:26 PM)greekgod Wrote:  

Women are weak in a character sense and very insecure. When they see dudes enjoying themselves and genuinely letting their guards down (they can't do this because they're insecure) they go a little haywire. Perception management in an all dude environment goes out the window.

Also, if attention is diverted to dude on dude bond strengthening and a theoretical "titanic" incident happens or there is a toss up between tickets to MNF football or staying at home with honey during :red rover red rover, send my overembelished pms symptoms over", will she still be in the #1 spot? God forbid she has to go get her hagen das for once.

I see this with my sister in law. She always looks to have sometype of wedge, however subtle, between my brother and I.

Pretty sure its unconscious behavior on their part.

In other news, don't take them serious, you'll smile more.

Wise words man, I'll be sure to keep it in mind during my dealings.

Women are afraid of the brotherhood, or mens groups.

They know what men are capable of when we get together, and share a common goal.

It all has to do with access. It isn't enough for a woman to be a fireman, she's gotta be the first fireman in her state. They have a transgressive aspect to themselves. They love shattering moulds and conventions, especially if those moulds exclude them in some way.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

They don't understand it well enough (as in, from their guts) to copy us, but they do understand that brotherhood helps us, and envy us for having it. The feminists at least.

I'd explain it like this: A group of men can make an alliance to hunt an animal, or to found a business, or to fight their enemies, or to pick up women, and share the spoils afterwards.

But women? They want two things after all: children, or a (better) male for their children.

Can you imagine some women agreeing on hunting an alpha male and sharing him "like sisters" afterwards? Let alone a mother of several children having so much pity with a barren woman who'd be willing to give her one of hers? It simply doesn't work out.

Quote: (08-24-2016 03:55 PM)weambulance Wrote:  

Agree with kaotic, I don't think individual women are fearful of brotherhood per se, they just can't stand being excluded.

Dalrock calls it "feminine territory-marking," which is apt, since they do their damnedest to piss on everything.

Лучше поздно, чем никогда

...life begins at "70% Warning Level."....

An offshoot of this is the growing number of men without male friendships.

The matriarchy, rampant with single motherhood, has created a world of feminized men. They grow up around their mothers, noting how these women don’t value a friendship. Then as they get older, they spend their time floundering through a series of failed relationships. And by the time they’re 40, they have no male friends—in that way, they’re similar to the women that crafted them—solitary creatures. Thankfully for them, Facebook has come to rescue. It provides them with the illusion of brotherhood. These men can now sleep better at night, believing that somebody who likes their profile picture is a genuine friend.

So unfortunately, now we have two things - women that are fearful of brotherhood, and men who are lacking in it.

"Action still preserves for us a hope that we may stand erect." - Thucydides (from History of the Peloponnesian War)

I'm in a fraternity.

1. Some women really want to be part of the organization. I've had girls call themselves 'honorary brothers'. On the FB page of one of my fraternity chapters, you can see all these girls excited about recruitment and joking about how excited they are we're letting in girls. Amusingly enough I've seen women start their own sororities because their boyfriends were in mine and the girls had no special group of their own.

2. They genuinely fear the power of brotherhood. Look at who the media always targets when it comes to campus rape - fraternities. We are the eternal enemy, regardless of how well we behave. We're also the last bastion of male-only communities at the college level. And it will not stop until all fraternities are co-ed, at which point the value of these organizations will cease to exist. Fortunately, many fraternity alumni also donate significant amount of money to the colleges, so they have a bit of say. But for how long, who can say? Already, fraternities are buckling and eliminating their pledge process, and in the process removing what may be the only right of passage young men in college have today.

I've gained tremendously from my fraternity, the brotherhood and mentorship were invaluable. And I strongly dislike those who hate on Greek culture without understanding the benefits.

Not happening. - redbeard in regards to ETH flippening BTC