rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Odessa, Ukraine 2016 Datasheet

I lived in Odessa from June 1st to July 14th this year, so here's my thoughts and some information about the city on the Black Sea.

ABOUT ME

24 years old, now-retired computer engineer turned professional blogger, dark-skinned (half Asian half white), 5'9". There's pics of me all over my site (see signature). I'm decent looking but not a model.

My most recent US home was in Los Angeles, but I also spent significant time in San Diego. So I'm pretty battle hardened from the SoCal game scene.

Travel experience: I've spent significant time in Europe and a bit in South America. I'm now living in EE full time so I'm not on any balls-to-the-wall bang trips, mostly living a normal life.

LOGISTICS

You've got two options as to where to stay.

1.) In the summer, you've got the Arcadia/beach party district area. Again, this is only during the summer.

As for the months, I noticed that things definitely seemed to pick up a bit more in the later parts of my stay, so even during June might not be a great idea to stay here.

2.) City Garden/Center area. This is where I was staying, literally about a 30 second walk from the City Garden entrance.

It really just depends what you want. If you want to party every night and mix with some tourists (should note that the majority of tourists are NOT English stag parties/solo slutty travelers, they're Ukrainian/Russian/Turkish on holiday)--stay in the beach area.

If you want to kind of live a bit of a normal life, get some work done, and have more quaint places to eat it--stay in City Garden.

THE GIRLS

Definitely the same beauty levels as Kyiv, but they definitely seem a bit darker skinned (just a shade) in Odessa. This also might be a seasonal thing.

And if you haven't seen the beauty levels of Kyiv, it's basically like walking into a catwalk show every time you step out onto the streets. It's unbelievable. The difference is that Odessa has them in fewer quantities, and the English is generally MUCH worse.

SPEAKING OF ENGLISH...

The level of English in Odessa is very poor. I flew my girl from Kyiv in for a week and she was kind of disgusted at the level of English; she believes that all younger people should at least know it.

She had no idea how I survived.

Most of the restaurants will have an English menu, but the overall level of the English bad. If you need to really communicate, they'll have to find the one person who works there who speaks a bit of English, and have them wait on you.

If you go to the beach district and the clubs you'll definitely find people who speak English, but in City Garden and surrounding area, it's quite poor.

NIGHTGAME

If you want to nightgame, stay in Arcadia. Your options will be far better, and you can go out most nights of the week.

IBIZA: The big boy that everyone on this forum probably knows about by now. It's a great club. I particularly enjoyed it on the weeknights when it wasn't absolutely packed to the brim.

ITAKA is right next do to Ibiza and is generally considered the little sibling. It's not quite as big and popping but still worth a visit at some point (provided your stay is long enough).

WESTERN is a bar/club down the street (heading North) that I really enjoyed, but your milage may really vary at this one.

Other than that, you can really just walk around Arcadia and see what looks good and what doesn't.

CITY GARDEN NIGHTGAME

Basically nonexistent during the week. Odessa is a sleepy place.

The good news is that it's all walkable, but there simply aren't a lot of options. If you are planning a night out and it blows you can just hop in a $3 cab to Arcadia and give that a shit.

SHKAF is a cool little hipster that leads underground. Cheap beer, live music, good food. I know other datasheets have mentioned this place, too.

BOURBON is a rock bar that I enjoyed. Not a ton of girls, but it's a cool place just to hang out and you may get lucky. There's also a tattoo parlor in the back [Image: tard.gif]

CITY BAR would be a tough place to pickup due to the huge amounts of groups, but on some nights this place can get really popping. The dance floor could hardly be considered such, but when the live band is playing it can get really good. I went there to smoke shisha with my Russian buddy and his girlfriend on one of the last nights and we were blown away.

Other than those, you truly can just walk up and down the main drag of venues and poke your head into what seems good. I was mostly disappointed by it.

DAYGAME

I feel like I keep harping on this, but it's really true--you've got two options.

Walk around City Garden, or walk around the beach areas.

More fun would be to just lay at the beach (rent a bed and umbrella for $10) and hope that some cute girls sit by you.

DATE VENUES

There's so many little cafes and pubs in the City Garden--almost any of them will work just fine.

You must switch your mindset from that of the West, and realize that you do NOT have to bang on the first date. Or hell, even try. I would say it's counterproductive to try.

Girls WILL see you again even if you don't kiss them or if you don't make a move. Just be charming, cool, and they will go for a second date. Therefore, it's really not of the most utmost importance that you pick a bar with good seating that you can physically escalate. Simply because it doesn't matter.

Sometimes you can just go for a walk and it'll be just fine.

But if I had to pick a couple venues:

Traveler's Coffee is a cool little shop with a mix of everything.

Lebowski's Bar has good seating and cocktails (though a bit pricey).

Shkaf or City Bar would both work if it was a quieter night (though the live music is cool!).

For second dates and beyond, I couldn't recommend heading to the Dolphin Beach/Lanzheron Beach area. You can bring a bottle of champagne or wine and just sit and watch the water.

The dolphin show is pretty cheap, too.

FOOD

Odessa's food is better than Kyiv's I thought.

Olio's for pizza and Italian. Good steaks too.

Kompot for quick lunch and drinks.

Kumanets has great traditional food.

Maman is in a cool environment in the Royal Garden. Food is good. Shisha as well.

Safieri is next to Maman and has better food. One of the better meals I had there. Not sure I spelled it right.

QUALITY OF LIFE/CONCLUSION

Personally, I hated Odessa.

I've realized that small beach towns just don't gel with me, for one reason or another. There is a reason I left San Diego, and then left Santa Monica. Not that those are small, but the beach vibe just doesn't mesh with my personality. It makes me lazy and unhappy. See this: http://thisistrouble.com/2016/07/21/lazy...ork-ethic/

I much preferred Kyiv.

The English is bad, public transit is awful, and it's really hot in the summer. HOWEVER, the talent is still off-the-wall, and even though *I* wouldn't go back, I'd still recommend it to other guys.

Just plan carefully when, and where you stay.

And brush up on your Russian.

Any questions, drop 'em below.

Cheers.

Thanks for that great information. I think about going there end of August.

Would you say that Odessa is more of a travel destination for couples? Or for families? Did you meet any single girls or group of girls there on holiday?

How skeptical are girls towards one being a sex tourist? Have Turkish travelers already ruined the place?

Great datasheet man!!! +1 How about the prices of Odessa compared to Kyiv? Did you notice any difference in woman's attitudes in Odessa?

Quote: (08-04-2016 02:54 AM)This Is Trouble Wrote:  

Personally, I hated Odessa.

+1 for the datasheet.

I beg to differ nonetheless. I have fallen in love with Odessa.

I felt that it's everything I want and would give me an ideal lifestyle (I personally enjoy the "small city" vibe). It has all of its old history spread around it, there's wonderful parks (as you pointed out, Palais Royal Garden is superb -wonderful place to simply sit back, order a cappuccino, smoke a cigar, relax, and be in the moment),countless charming cafes and restaurants with outdoor terraces, it's very walkable, there's a highly enjoyable "by the beach" vibe in summer, great high-end beach clubs, ect - that said, as soon as you leave the historic center, it's a kolossal shithole.

I've read recently a blog about Odessa, and will quote this part, on which I particularly agree:

"...Above all, Odessa’s special spirit is a cosmopolitan alchemy familiar to many seacoast metropolises—think Hamburg and Marseilles—but of an especially concentrated and exotic type. New Orleans, say, is a peer by this standard, and the parallels are intriguing: both cities enjoy temperate climates, both have endured multiple sovereigns, both feature sharp contrasts between diverse peoples, and both became known for a tolerant, louche, café-culture atmosphere in which arts and entertainment flourished......"

About restaurants, I liked Maman, and I'd add Klarabara, Jardin - both in City Garden, Tarverneta, Datcha (the most romantic restaurant in Ukraine), and Steakhouse of course. Kumanets, so-so.

Dacha: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_R...blast.html - http://www.dacha.com.ua/en/photo-album/panoramas
Jardin: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_R...blast.html (quite expensive venue)
Klarabara: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_R...blast.html
Tavernetta: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_R...blast.html

Edit:Bourbon Rock bar is indeed a cool place, my fav in the center (and furthermore free from Turkish whoremongers), but it's the headquarters of the local Bandidos chapter -Ukrainians are on the whole peaceful guys, but still, better not get drunk as a skunk there to avoid problems.

Nice write up!

I have been to Odessa three times last year and this year for weekend trips. Now I decided to stay the whole month of August. I think liking or disliking Odessa depends a lot about how much money you are willing to spend.

If you can spend around $150 on a day in Ibiza during the day you will have a blast and you will meet girls sooner or later especially if you have a "I don't give a fuck" attitude and if you are with a group of a few cool guys. Same applies for nightgame in Ibiza or Itaka. Having a table helps a lot.

Just a few venues I went over the couple of days and might be worth to add:

Bono Beach
Smaller beach club next to Itaka in Arcadia. Only has two pools and no beach area but is cheaper than Ibiza and a bit more relaxing. Good place to go with a girl.

Lukas Beach
This is a beach area before Arcadia. Its a quiet small marina with a beach deck with a restaurant serving food and drinks. No pool but sea water quality seems cleaner than at Arcadia. Also more a place to go with a girl. Although saw a few cute girls but Ibiza has much better quantity.

Nemo Resort
This is a huge hotel and Spa resort almost in the center of town. It has pools and jacuzzis and also beach access. The highlight is the dolphins they have there. Swimming for 10 minutes with them costs 2500 Hriwna. To expensive so did not do it. Also here might be boring to go there alone.

One more question I have. Does anyone has any good advice on nightclubs or bars with dancefloors in the city center and not in Arcadia?

Nice to have some info on Odessa. Please note though, City Garden is not an area, it's a small park off the main tourist street which is Deribasovskaya.

Girls actually speak very good English In Odessa, it's a tourist city so you get girls coming form all over many of which won't speak.

The public transport is like everywhere in Ukraine, you're in a poor country.

There is no bar called Lebowski, you mean Bukowski

There is no bar called City Bar, you mean Central Bar

Dark skinned girls in Odessa has not only to do with tanning, it's mostly down to ethnic diversity in the city, mixed blood, Italians, Greeks, Turks, Romanian etc.

Quote:Quote:

The level of English in Odessa is very poor. I flew my girl from Kyiv in for a week and she was kind of disgusted at the level of English; she believes that all younger people should at least know it. She had no idea how I survived.

If all the 70yr sex tourist guys from Texas can survive, then it should not be difficult

Walk around City Garden, or walk around the beach areas

In a city of 1 million there are better places, try the food markets where normal girls go grocery shopping

You must switch your mindset from that of the West, and realize that you do NOT have to bang on the first date. Or hell, even try. I would say it's counterproductive to try.

If you are in Odessa on holiday you better escalate, time is of the essence, and many girls wont respect you if you dont make a move

Quote: (08-04-2016 04:36 AM)weener Wrote:  

There is no bar called City Bar, you mean Central Bar

I guess OP was talking about the (only) pub at City Garden (hence the "City Garden nightgame" paragraph), which is in fact named Beer Garden (Пивной сад). Excellent craft beers BTW, and huge summer terrace right in the Garden.

https://www.google.fr/search?q=%D0%9F%D0...20&bih=955

Thanks for the report.

How did you do with the women there? What was your frequency of going out and what did you try? ( day game/ night game / online). Curious as the place has been on my radar as well.

Quote: (08-04-2016 06:38 AM)griften Wrote:  

Thanks for the report.

How did you do with the women there? What was your frequency of going out and what did you try? ( day game/ night game / online). Curious as the place has been on my radar as well.

For most of the guys I know (including repped posters from this forum) who have rather high standarts, Odessa has been a huge failure when it comes to women ..that said, for the guys who accept to lower their standarts, there's certainly a lot of Moldovian or Belarussian (or Ukrainian girls straight out from the village) skanks or 5's/6's who will be happy to have a relationship with a "rich" and "interesting" foreigner ...but you might be lucky and find an attractive and "good" girl - a member currently on site can testify [Image: smile.gif]

Anyway I won't elaborate, they can do it if they feel like it.

That said, as Supershashlik (lol) said, if you can spend around 100 €/day at Ibiza or Itaka beach clubs (entrance, beach chair, lunch, sangria jugs, ect) during the day and if you have a "I don't give a fuck and I simply enjoy life" aloof attitude, you will have a blast and will meet top-level girls sooner or later.

^ I don't get it, so say you love the city but it's crap to get girls...

Quote: (08-04-2016 07:29 AM)Phoenix Wrote:  

To live somewhere (or simply to spend two or three months), I give more emphasis to culture, well-being, gourmet pleasures ect than to girls.

So BYOB? [Image: biggrin.gif]

Quote: (08-04-2016 07:29 AM)Phoenix Wrote:  

I think once more and for Odessa this feels even stronger you need to make a differentiation between a Ukrainian 7- and a Ukrainian 7.5+

I feel that the 7s in Odessa are not much more tricky to get than the 7s anywhere else in Ukraine. I went for drinks with one of them yesterday and if I want to follow up (not sure yet) I could get her after three dates.

On the other hand there are the 8s and 9s and with these kind of girls feel even more demanding and gold diggerish than in Kiev and let alone the East of Ukraine. I was out with one of these chicks on Monday and Tuesday. She will be almost impossible to crack if I am not willing to spend money on her.

This is just my personal opinion. I am average looking guy with average game so someone with better game and better looks might do better within the 8 range but for me I would be willing to spend money if I want anything better than a 7.

Also note a Ukrainian 7 would be considered at least an 8 in most western countries especially if she dresses nice. When talking about 8s here in Odessa you are talking about model material.

A few other observations I have so far from Odessa

Girls and photos
This is absolutely insane here. When you go to Ibiza during the day you will notice 100s of girls posing around in various positions taking selfies, having their friend or boyfriend taking pictures of them in the pool, on a beach hair, in the sea etc etc
You will even see mothers telling their 5 year old daughters to pose on a picture meaning putting one leg in front of the other and form their lips like kissing someone.

Turkish and Arab guys
I saw this question coming up before. At Ibiza club there seem to be many Arabs during the night. However for me I dont see them as a problem or competition. The "good" Ukrainian girls would not go for them anyways and many of them seem to look more for p4p anyways. Having said that for someone with Arabic features this could be a disadvantage even if you are from the US or from South Europe girls might assume that you are Arabic.

Type of tourists
I also saw this question before. I think you get all three types. You get families, couples and single girlfriends. Usually the single girls are more on the public beaches or in Ibiza on the beach area and not on the pool area. Another useful tactic is if you do nightgame to go to Ibiza and try to find the single group girls tourists. Most of them are from Kiev and some from Kharkov or Dnipro. If you only visit for a weekend and usually stay in Kiev you can get quite good leads and get these girls out when u back in Kiev in case you don´t manage to get them home the same night.

Vronski, you can't really give anything you say merit because no matter what anyone says about some place in Ukraine you fire back with how awesome it is, but then throw in the caveat of it being a shithole.

Then you say how awesome the food is at the $100 a plate restaurants. Then you say how you need splash boatloads of loot and you'll have the 9s and 10s.

I'll take a stab in the dark and say you're speaking to a very small percentage of people on Rvf.

I've spent a month in Odessa and found his sheet to be very accurate.

Quote: (08-04-2016 08:04 AM)Cambodian Creamsicle Wrote:  

Vronski.... you say how awesome the food is at the $100 a plate restaurants.

[Image: huh.gif]

You say that because when you claimed in The Ukraine thread that (in Kiev) "they sure as fuck don't know what scrambled eggs are!" (which was an absurd statement), I simply pointed out to you some good places where you can find delicious scrambled eggs ?!?

[Image: rolleyes.gif]

If, for budget reasons, you ignore the upper-end, posh and wealthy side of Ukraine, I can understand, but no need to make (wrong) general statements like if was the only truth.

Quote: (07-18-2016 01:50 AM)Vronski Wrote:  

Quote: (07-17-2016 05:05 PM)Cambodian Creamsicle Wrote:  

I'll add that they sure as fuck don't know what scrambled eggs are!

Depends where (it's just as for service I guess - better place, better eggs [Image: wink.gif]).

There is a great "no limit breakfast" on weekends (with scrambled eggs) at Gastrorock for 150 grv (a steal!!!). Craft beer is also included lol. You need to book a table, it's most often full ("posh hipster" clientele).

https://www.facebook.com/GastroRock/?fref=ts

http://borysov.com.ua/en/events/gastroro...breakfasts

You also have a good beakfast menu at Kanapa for 80 grv. One dish (including delicious scrambled eggs with fried smoked salo, tomatoes, mushrooms, ect), tea or coffee and fruit juice. Their red fruits vareniky (another dish on the breakfast menu) are to die for BTW. Highly enjoyable terrace on Andrevsky Descent, and another one in the back with city view. A great way to begin the day.

https://www.facebook.com/restoransalonKanapa/

There's surely a lot of good venues for breakfasts in Kiev, those are the ones I know (I'm a regular at Kanapa, be it for breakfast, for lunch or for dinner) and that are near my apartment.

Quote: (08-04-2016 08:29 AM)Vronski Wrote:  

Quote: (08-04-2016 08:04 AM)Cambodian Creamsicle Wrote:  

Vronski.... you say how awesome the food is at the $100 a plate restaurants.

[Image: huh.gif]

You say that because you claimed in The Ukraine thread that "they sure as fuck don't know what scrambled eggs are!" (which was an absurd statement) and I simply pointed out to you some good places where you can find delicious scrambled egges (and not at "$100 a plate venues") ?!?

Quote: (07-18-2016 01:50 AM)Vronski Wrote:  

Quote: (07-17-2016 05:05 PM)Cambodian Creamsicle Wrote:  

I'll add that they sure as fuck don't know what scrambled eggs are!

Depends where (it's just as for service I guess - better place, better eggs [Image: wink.gif]).

There is a great "no limit breakfast" on weekends (with scrambled eggs) at Gastrorock for 150 grv (a steal!!!). Craft beer is also included lol. You need to book a table, it's most often full ("posh hipster" clientele).

https://www.facebook.com/GastroRock/?fref=ts

http://borysov.com.ua/en/events/gastroro...breakfasts

You also have a good beakfast menu at Kanapa for 80 grv. One dish (including delicious scrambled eggs with fried smoked salo, tomatoes, mushrooms, ect), tea or coffee and fruit juice. Their red fruits vareniky (another dish on the breakfast menu) are to die for BTW. Highly enjoyable terrace on Andrevsky Descent, and another one in the back with city view. A great way to begin the day.

https://www.facebook.com/restoransalonKanapa/

There's surely a lot of good venues for breakfasts in Kiev, those are the ones I know (I'm a regular at Kanapa, be it for breakfast, for lunch or for dinner) and that are near my apartment.

I have not been able to quite put my finger on Ukraine after two brief stays. The dialogue in this thread and the Ukraine III thread are a microcosm of this mystery. The reports inevitably contradict each other. Oh well, I hope to get a clearer understanding for myself next week.

Odessa died on the 2nd of May 2014.

It was not good before, now, without russian ladies is even worse.

End of statement.

I find myself agreeing with Vronski on most his Ukraine observations.

Hes not even giving contradictory statements to anyone else's in his threads, he said that the girls are tough there but that he likes the city for other factors related to liveability and culture, etc...

So basically everyones saying the same thing more or less.

As for why so many view Ukraine in different lights, its not about the place as it is about the attitude of the man.

I guess Odessa and perhaps Ukraine at large represents that well.

I think some guys are quick to scorn at mentions of upper end places. ANy mention of those, in their mind, equals to a guy "paying for sex".

Theyre viewing other girls and other cultures with the eyes of their own.

For me, its normal that a beautiful 9 or 8 would want to hang out at the nicer places. I live in a country where people make 1000$ but spend 200$ on a bottle and 40$ beach entrance. Ukraine's high end still looks cheap to me, even though i make a lot less than other members here.

Others are used to much cheaper venues. So when they see the higher end venues in Ukraine, they dismiss girls in them as gold diggers or guys who go there as "paying for it".

Thats simply not the case. YOu have to bend your standards to the place youre in, and not carry your own into it.

I think as a cheap destination you can still have a lot of fun in the lower end ukraine and meet a hell of a lot of cute girls, but if you really want to be making the most of places like Odessa and reach the higher end of girls there, youre gonna have to go to the nicer places with an open attitude and shut down the calculator part of your brain a bit.

I find that when i stop being so on my guard, i meet a lot of girls who id have dismissed as high maintenance or bitches, and you often discover that theyre actually pretty cool, just wanna have fun, and not looking to milk you dry.

Quote: (08-04-2016 09:50 AM)Beirut Wrote:  

I find that when i stop being so on my guard, i meet a lot of girls who id have dismissed as high maintenance or bitches, and you often discover that theyre actually pretty cool, just wanna have fun, and not looking to milk you dry.

Yeah sure, agreed with all of your post except... not in Odessa.

Even many locals go pick their wives in no more no less than...Kiev.

Excuse me guys, but or you are a Gianluca Vacchi kind of foreigner or you use other kind of sponsoring tactics. Wich to be fair I have nothing against, but to each its own. No other way to reach to 8+ over there. Where it be a local girl or other vacationing in a group. Everyone in FSU knows the name of the game in there and it is money.

For me, its normal that a beautiful 9 or 8 would want to hang out at the nicer places. I live in a country where people make 1000$ but spend 200$ on a bottle and 40$ beach entrance. Ukraine's high end still looks cheap to me, even though i make a lot less than other members here.

Fully agree with you. Odessa is dirt cheap compared to similar venues. I spent about $150 on Tuesday for a girl and me at Ibiza for beach bed, two bottles of wine, some soft drinks and lunch plus some desert snacks. The same kind of day in a similar beach club in Ibiza or Miami might have cost me $500 or even more.

Think you are wrong here on Odessa and I agree with Rocha. Girls in the 8+ here seem to be more gold diggers than anywhere I have been in Ukraine but again I am generalizing and speaking only from my experience. But as long as you are able to control it and don't fall in love with one of these girls I don't see anything wrong to spend some money on a nice dinner or on a day at the beach with a hot girl you would have never have access to in the west.

I havent been to odessa in particular, i was more commenting on where people who often disagree with vronski are coming from.

But i have had the same remarks and skeptical attitudes in numerous other places in ukraine and fsu and elsewhere and ive often found it to be negative and not as accurate as they think.

Odessa might have a much higher frequency, ill take you guys word on that, but either way i would not go there and expect quality without being rrady to hit its best places. That was my point.

For all their reputation as cold hearted gold diggers, ive often found fsu girls to be ones that yearn for fun the most, not necessarily money. The problem is the two are often correlated.

I would never give girl money (well outside of p4p) or take her shopping or pay a bill, but if i meet a beautiful girl, im taking her to a nice place and not thinking twice about it.

Quote: (08-04-2016 10:17 AM)superschalk Wrote:  

I spent about $150 on Tuesday for a girl and me at Ibiza for beach bed, two bottles of wine, some soft drinks and lunch plus some desert snacks.

As a side note, I personally hate Ibiza - the arrogant and "couldn't care less" attitude of the staff is unbearable. Itaka is IMO much more friendly and relaxing (and bit cheaper) - and staff is really efficient. The clientele is different also, less showy and snobbish.

Quote: (08-04-2016 10:49 AM)Vronski Wrote:  

As a side note, I personally hate Ibiza - the arrogant and "couldn't care less" attitude of the staff is unbearable.

Not only snobby but cheats. Every barman pretends he has no change and hopes you'll walk off and let him keep it. The Kalyanchik brings you kalyan and says as he presents you with the bill 'you know that I expect a tip right?'. Terrible behaviour. Hopefully the management sort it out.

Ibiza is highly overrated anyway.

Odessa is not a bad place, but has a seedy and rotten vibe sometimes due to it being a port city, also the girls are very spoiled compared to other cities in Ukraine, sailors have been visiting Odessa for centuries, the local sluts like them as when they come back to shore they will throw their money around , then go back to sea. Then she has another boyfriend while he's away

Also, probably due to being a port city again, Odessa has the some of the highest drug use in Ukraine, you will sometimes see some very fucked up people on the street

Then we move on to the sex tourists, chiefly retired American guys who come in search of that beautiful 20yr old that's "needs rescuing from her Ukrainian hell", those of us that have spent time there know that pretty young women don't need rescuing from anything, only older women that have rode too many cocks on the carousel and well beyond their expiry date.

You will see a lot of these sex tourists congregated at the Irish pub with some dubious local "ladies", i've lost count of the times guys from there have been drugged and robbed by some of the local women.

The Turks are the absolute worst in Odessa, thousands of them arriving in Ukraine on ever increasing budget flights. You dare not leave your girlfriend unattended for 5 minutes at Arcadia, a Turk(or sometimes Ukrainian) will be asking her how much. The Turks create a pay for play atmosphere which is ruining the city, the girls get bombarded by crass messages from Turks on social media sites every day.

So all these factors contribute to a less open vibe from the women than you would get in other cities, very often girls' eyes only light up when you speak English because they see you as a walking ATM with a high daily withdrawal limit, the younger girls are very open to foreign guys at Arcadia, especially near the ticket booth to Ibiza club.

You have to be on top of your game, there is little in the way of eye contact that you will get on the streets, so be prepared to make cold approaches. If you are in shape I would recommend flaunting it on the beach, you can do all your pickups there or the transit routes in and out.

Night-life is very disappointing in Odessa unless you are more into high class clubs where you can seduce a local gold-digger with displays of wealth, for me that is akin to prostitution, I disagree with "the more money you spend the more fun you will have" theory, the Turks try that and we can see the kind of women they end up with.

Arcadia you can have fun if you are not the loner type, get a table, have fun first and foremost, if you get laid then great.

Deribasovskaya Street is a horrible place IMO. Absolutely packed every evening during summer, there is an outdoor market off the street called Yamarka where a lot of lower class Ukrainians like to feed themselves and drink, lots of smokes from Barbeques, many Turks also. Deribasovskaya street itself is just one restaurant after another, nothing particularly interesting.

My advice is to stay away from Deribasovskaya as much as possible, many normal girls don't go there, it's like a catwalk for them, if they don't have any fancy clothes then they will stay in the suburbs where she feels more comfortable in her old clothes. She also needs money to go there for coffee and dessert, as well as the taxi fare to get home.

The best success I have had in Odessa is walking around some back streets, night and day, all of a sudden a braless beauty comes around the corner, and she is more open to being gamed than on Deribasovskaya because nobody is watching her

Also, you are best focusing on non-local women, Kiev girls are the #1 target, big city girls looking to have fun and not necessarily jaded by foreigners.

Lastly if we are to compare Kiev and Odessa then Kiev wins hands down in my opinion, Kiev is an all year city which has a wide array of women, many of whom are not spoiled. Night-life is better in Kiev(although clubs seem to be dying everywhere post Maidan), you have a much higher standard of foreigners, beautiful parks, wide flat sidewalks in the centre, more cultural events, many flight choices from Zhulyiany and Boryspol, a extensive and cheap metro system, etc, etc

^^ Welcome!

Great post, you said it all about Odessa. +1