rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The 4 Hour Body - The Results

Man dedicated 2 years to The 4 Hour Body book.

[Image: week%201%20vs.%20week%2087%20front-XL.jpg]

His dedication to the program respectable. The guy tracks everything but after 1 year, you'd think he figured the program isn't working. Goes to show there is no short cut to fitness. Imagine if he didn't buy into the hype and used a real muscle building program instead.

He should eat something.

Quote: (08-04-2016 01:44 AM)Stickman Wrote:  

Man dedicated 2 years to The 4 Hour Body book.

[Image: week%201%20vs.%20week%2087%20front-XL.jpg]

His dedication to the program respectable. The guy tracks everything but after 1 year, you'd think he figured the program isn't working. Goes to show there is no short cut to fitness. Imagine if he didn't buy into the hype and used a real muscle building program instead.

Looks like he did a bit better than one would think by glancing at that pic: http://projectbulk.wadekwon.com/

Shoot it in the head before it eats someone's brains.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

I'm a long-time fan of Tim Ferriss. I tried the testosterone protocols in the 4HB as well and, like this guy (http://projectbulk.wadekwon.com/2014/11/...vitamin-d/) they didn't work for me either. And I can't put in words how much I hate cold showers.

Some of the theories I've heard about the 4HB is that, since Ferriss had the muscle weight before (he used to wrestle and was a kickboxer at one point), it was much easier for him to add it back using his protocols.

Me, I'm the doing it the ol' fashioned way -- 5x5 and TRT. Enjoy it while you're young, guys.

"I'm not worried about fucking terrorism, man. I was married for two fucking years. What are they going to do, scare me?"

Tim Ferriss has some gems here and there

but mostly a charlatan internet marketer similar to most PUAs

That is, don't bother listening. For the 10% of good stuff you get 90% garbage in your brain

New Post:
Men’s Style Guide: For Guys Who Want to Get Laid

You aren't getting laid because you still believe in "game".

Here's how I went from being a 21-year-old, videogame-addicted, Asian virgin to banging too many girls to count (no PUA bs):

https://whiteknightrises.com/start-here

BTC: 1A5WUGDNGnsxGJ62CXadV6T2oapKfFu4T3
ETH: 0x9019d135dD1FFA06f0CC53C5942cBce806a943dd

(If I miss your reply PM me)

I read a fair bit of Tim Ferriss' work, some of the concepts here and there are worthwhile but I simply can't take everything he writes too seriously.

And well the dude lost 11% on BF% so that's one upside.

I feel bad for the guy. I'm sure he tried really hard but the program isn't for him. After a certain point, it's time to cut your losses and change program. The Tim Ferris kool-laid is strong. Gotta give it to the guy, him and Tai Lopez is a marketing genius

Damn.

What this guy doesn't realize is that he has the best body type to make muscle gains.

With a solid training program and good nutrition, he could pace himself at a net gain of 2 pounds a month and be a monster in a year. His high metabolism would ensure that his fat gain is minimal.

Squandered opportunity..

Used to follow Tim Ferriss on Twitter.
You'd expect a guy with a profile such as his to at least be savvy enough to deal with weird if not 'problematic' responses.

He wrote a Tweet (& subsequent article) about the 'practical ways in which to deal with suicide'.

I responded, yeah. You cut down the length of the arm, not across the wrist.
He blocked me as a result.

Guess the 'headstrong', self-help guru can't take a joke...

What a surprise that a workout called "The 4 Hour Body" yielded no real results.

Relevant quote:
"Don’t look for an easy way out. Nobody wants to work hard these days. The 20 minute abs, the 10 minute this, the 10 Minute that. Fuck that! Come to the gym, work your ass off. EARN it!" – CT Fletcher

This guy would have gotten further if he did Bryce Lane's 50/20 for chins/dips and backsquat or deadlift.

It still could have been the 4 hour body but it would actually have been hard.

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Quote: (08-21-2016 11:33 AM)Hannibal Wrote:  

This guy would have gotten further if he did Bryce Lane's 50/20 for chins/dips and backsquat or deadlift.

It still could have been the 4 hour body but it would actually have been hard.

Even though he probably wasn't pushing it in the gym, I would argue it's his DIET that fucked him over. He's posted his entire food log (only tracks protein & calories) here:

http://projectbulk.wadekwon.com/measurements/

Looks like he was eating 100-150g protein/day, and except for his epic cheat days where he was barreling down 4000 calories of pizza and ice cream, he was eating 2000 calories/day. 150g x 4 cal/g = 600cal, 600cal/2000cal = 30% of his caloric intake was protein (on a good day), which isn't terrible, but he wasn't eating enough! I haven't read the book but glancing at the food log, it seems Tim Ferris is advocating certain superfoods (brazil nuts, eggs, lentils, etc.) to increase testosterone and gainz.

Brazil nuts and testosterone are cool but this guy was not eating enough protein. If he focused on eating a shit ton of meat and vegetables on the side like a normal human instead of "hacking" his way to success with superfoods, he would've lost the fat AND gained some muscle, instead of just losing his belly. Look below, his arms look exactly the same despite doing a halfway decent routine.

Project bulk or project cut?

[Image: week-53-vs.-week-87-side-M.jpg]

The 4 Hour Body is targeted at lazy people who want an excuse to work-out as little as possible. Its as ridiculous as most fad diets/exercise plans.

There's a reason most high level strength requiring athletes train for 5-15hours a week, and not 1 hour a week, and thats decades of sports science. When it comes to who I'm going to take fitness advice from if its Tim Ferris vs an NFL/high level rugby/etc Strength&Conditioning coach I know which one actually knows what hes talking about.

By far the best way to pick a workout regime in physical fitness is to look for an athlete with the body type you like. Then find out what their training regime is and copy it.

Not necessarily man.

Just to give an example, copying Chris Jones' high-volume bodybuilding routines got me results for a while but then I stalled out hard. Only after cutting it down to a 3 day a week PPL split did I break the plateaus and make progress again. High volume bodybuilding splits work for a lot of people and I'll probably do one again for 1.5 months during bulking season just to shock the body into growth, but even CJ himself doesn't recommend that everyone do his specific routine.

What works for others won't nessecarily work for you.

It looks like he lost 20 pounds of fat on his second year. Good job. He did a bulk the first year, and a cut the second year? I never understood that, just do a cut.

Doing a cut or a recomp before a bulk is essential. Real dumb early fitness mistake on my part.

Bulking when you're over 17% body fat - especially the uncontrolled "fawkin' 5000 calories a day bro!" type of dirty bulking that you see so much - is a recipe for digging yourself into an even bigger hole in terms of fat gain and the need to diet (to the point of catabolism which defeats the purpose of the bulk in the first place).

Just read the last guys post in his blog. He seems to thinks there's a significant difference and recommends you buy the Tim ferris book through his aff link.

Would be interesting with the amount of details he's put up if he did something crazy like go on steriods and hit only arms 6 days a week. I'd be genuinely interested in seeing that journey.

Jesus Christ, what is it with that guy's posture? Are there no pulls in the 4 hour body?

@Redbeard

Yes, he wasn't eating nearly enough. I see this a lot with guys who weigh 130 lbs and they claim to "eat everything" and not be able to gain any weight. It's funny because they remember eating this one big ass meal and then they basically fast for a day after that.

This guy would have been fine if he drank a glass of milk with each meal and slammed a shake before and after working out.

The only thing of value I ever got from Ferris was his T handle article, everything else is just overanalyzed bullshit. Whenever I stumble upon his blog, this is basically how I read his shit.

Drink a glass of dry red wine before bed to boost fat burning whateverthefuck!

Do 28.27854 seconds of high intensity cardio by running up the stairs and then doing a calf raise at the end to synergistically increase muscle gains!

Place ice packs on this one weird area to stimulate brown fat and get lean in ten days or your money back!

Set up the whole goddamn gym with calculated weight percentages on every machine based on that one time you were in the gym lifting weights to do full body antagonistic supersets for cardio and strength.

A full body workout done in 7 minutes and it's guaranteed to make everyone at the gym hate you!

Don't want to put in any work but still want to say you go to the gym? Say no more, have I got the product for you.

I'm sure some of his stuff works, but his whole "30 lbs in a month" transformation was clearly a clone of the Viator feat with the nautilis machine.

Ferris is a smart man though. He markets his shit to people who don't want to lift weights but still want to say they do. It's the kind of information that makes for some very irritating fan boys.

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

It's not even that hard to eat a lot either. My bulking macros when I start will be 3200 cal, 320c, 215p, 90f and that won't be hard to hit at all. Would be even easier for a guy that dude's size. My maintenance macros probably = his bulking macros.

Tim Ferriss is a guru. No more, no less. Like any guru, you have to give credit where credit is due.

Books like The 4 Hour Workweek and Rich Dad, Poor Dad definitely changed my life for the better.

They allowed a mindset shift to occur where I actively sought out books to teach the concepts in theirs. They motivated me and let me see that there is more to life than what we were brainwashed to believe.

Is Tim Ferriss or Robert Kiyosaki a sellout? Yes. But did they inspire thousands of people to unlock a part of their brain and follow their dreams? Yes.

These dudes are first and foremost marketers. But the magic is that they allow people to view the world in a different way, in order to buy more of their products. But something interesting happens. Normal people read those books, get inspired, and find websites like BiggerPockets or RVF. Then the real magic happens. People start making moves, starting businesses, buying properties.

I probably wouldn't have found this corner of the internet if it weren't for books I read from "gurus".

Quote: (08-21-2016 08:26 PM)wi30 Wrote:  

Tim Ferriss is a guru. No more, no less. Like any guru, you have to give credit where credit is due.

Books like The 4 Hour Workweek and Rich Dad, Poor Dad definitely changed my life for the better.

They allowed a mindset shift to occur where I actively sought out books to teach the concepts in theirs. They motivated me and let me see that there is more to life than what we were brainwashed to believe.

Is Tim Ferriss or Robert Kiyosaki a sellout? Yes. But did they inspire thousands of people to unlock a part of their brain and follow their dreams? Yes.

These dudes are first and foremost marketers. But the magic is that they allow people to view the world in a different way, in order to buy more of their products. But something interesting happens. Normal people read those books, get inspired, and find websites like BiggerPockets or RVF. Then the real magic happens. People start making moves, starting businesses, buying properties.

I probably wouldn't have found this corner of the internet if it weren't for books I read from "gurus".

Fair point. You give credit where it's due and then you call them out on their bullshit. We are after truth here after all.

He skipped Genetics Day

Isnt the four hour body mass-gain protocol pretty conventional bare-bones bulking?

Except for the the weird super-slow lifting I suppose. but it's still intense, decent time-under-tension, and weekly progression, right?

Should get results. Feel like this guy missed something... protein, or something about intensity/progression on the lifting.

I sure hope the four hour work week believers are fairing better than this guy.
He could have done 100 Push ups, 20 pullups, and 40 dips every other day and got better results.
Typical "I worked out hard and ate a ton" guy when you look at their unathletic body and ask how long the stayed with the program and if they have any athletic experience. The answer usually is "Like two whole months and know I have never done anything slightly athletic ever."
It is easy to get back in shape when you have been in shape.
Anyone who I could monitor 24/7 exercise and diet I could gaurantee visible results within 90 days that would encourage them to continue.
People just want easy answers, not hard work and rersults.