rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"Wonder Woman" most feminist superhero movie ever: attacked by feminists. Strategy?

"Wonder Woman" most feminist superhero movie ever: attacked by feminists. Strategy?

Interesting top post on Reddit this week:

Wonder Woman - the most feminist superhero movie ever - attacked by feminists

http://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/c...ero_movie/

The Wonder Woman trailer released two days ago has already been viewed 14 million times on YouTube and who knows how many more on other sites.

Looks like feminists are trying now an opposite strategy than with Ghostbusters reboot flop.

Now the feminists are attacking the movie, so that an inverse effect
than what happened with Ghostbusters, will come out as a result,
and more millions of people will go and see Wonder Woman.

All I have to contribute is that Gal Gadot is a STRONG WB for me. One of the rare exceptions where I would not pull out.

[Image: tumblr_o4w00pSrfr1qfpmv9o4_r1_400.gif]

[Image: Cblcj8F.gif]

[Image: tumblr_o4w00pSrfr1qfpmv9o2_500.gif]

Her being attractive might be a big trigger for the feminists indeed

Are these fake NSFW photos of her, or real?

http://leakedcelebritynude.com/gal-gadot-celeb-nude/

Quote: (07-31-2016 06:56 AM)The Black Knight Wrote:  

All I have to contribute is that Gal Gadot is a STRONG WB for me. One of the rare exceptions where I would not pull out.

^ You are misunderstanding the feminist mindset.

If it is a hot sexy feminine woman, then by default she cannot be a feminist hero. The only exception would be if she were a dyke like in the Ghostbusters the only bangable woman.

However the actress appears still feminine despite wearing armor, a shield and sword.

[Image: gal-power-gal-gadot-thekit.ca-feature.jpg]

What feminists don't get is that we men don't mind "strong" women, we just mind women who try to behave like cartoonish men.

Besides - the movie does not strike me as particularly feminist, because she plays the character of a mythical semi-goddess - kicking ass is natural for her.

Men also did not mind Sigourney Weaver in Alien - but it was a believable character display and not some kind of strange setup as with the Cuntbusters where the women behave like men are supposed to be all crazy scientists and oust anti-male garbage 24/7.

Clearly Wonderwoman has a love interest in a strong male character in the movie - she just happens to have superpowers and he doesn't. She still strikes me as a kind of girl who would let you have your way with her despite being able to rip you in two by sheer strength. Those are feminine virtues - the joy of submission and service that women inwardly like.

I was trying to think of a heroine played by someone that nailed the epitome of being a warrior-woman without being a complete try-hard.

[Image: latest?cb=20071223054557]

You can't really explain it. Hell if I know how you'd coach someone to replicate it. But there it is.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

WW is awesome. A legitimately strong woman who maintains her femininity and vulnerability. Immortal, yet completely un-jaded and loves unconditionally and self-sacrificially.

And Gal Gadot isn't far from an ideal wife. She married young (23), served in the Israeli military, had a kid and didn't get fat, reportedly refused the advances of both Vin Diesel and Paul Walker.

[Image: WKEgI9D.jpg]

Gal Gadot is dope, However Gina Carano still should of been Wonder Woman

[Image: 61ab62ed60d3dfa3826739bd96ec942f.jpg]

mmmmmmmm

"You either build or destroy,where you come from?"

I'm bummed they didn't go back to Adrianne Palicki who was cast for a Wonder Woman tv series that never got off the ground. But at least we have these promo shots to remind us.

[Image: Wonder-Woman-2011-pilot.jpg]
[Image: ww-new.jpg]
[Image: -2011-a-p.jpg]

"Nothing comes easier than madness in the world today
Mass paranoia is a mode not a malady"
Bad Religion - The Defense

Quote: (07-31-2016 06:40 AM)seniol Wrote:  

The Wonder Woman trailer released two days ago has already been viewed 14 million times on YouTube and who knows how many more on other sites.

Looks like feminists are trying now an opposite strategy than with Ghostbusters reboot flop.

Back to your topic...why would femenists support ghostbusters but not wonderwoman?

Simple. Look at the cast of ghost busters and look at the star of wonderwoman.

1. Wonderwoman is hot, ghostbusters are not.

Fat ugly femenists have nothing to gain by supporting hot women.

Feminism is about "empowering" ugly women only, but no one will tell you that.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Quote: (07-31-2016 10:40 AM)Avon Barksdale Wrote:  

Gal Gadot is dope, However Gina Carano still should of been Wonder Woman

[Image: 61ab62ed60d3dfa3826739bd96ec942f.jpg]

mmmmmmmm

She looks the part, but unfortunately she can't act. Watch the movie Haywire to see how much of a stiff she is:

[Image: large_9Phekw0wsdeBpZtcbHE26UfjlF5.jpg]

The creator of Wonder Woman William Moulton Marston invented the Lie Detector, and was in a polygamous relationship with two women.

Quote:Quote:

Marston intended his character to be "tender, submissive, peaceloving as good women are", combining "all the strength of a Superman plus all the allure of a good and beautiful woman". His character was a native of an all-female utopia who became a crime-fighting U.S. government agent, using her superhuman strength and agility, and her ability to force villains to submit and tell the truth by binding them with her magic lasso.

He was also into BDSM:

Quote:Quote:

Marston's "Wonder Woman" is an early example of bondage themes that were entering popular culture in the 1930s. Physical submission appears again and again throughout Marston's comics work, with Wonder Woman and her criminal opponents frequently being tied up or otherwise restrained, and her Amazonian friends engaging in frequent wrestling and bondage play. These elements were softened by later writers of the series, who dropped such characters as the Nazi-like blond female slaver Eviless completely, despite her having formed the original Villainy Inc. of WW's enemies (in Wonder Woman #28, the last by Marston).

Though Marston had described female nature as submissive, in his other writings and interviews[citation needed] he referred to submission as a noble practice and did not shy away from the sexual implications, saying:

The only hope for peace is to teach people who are full of pep and unbound force to enjoy being bound... Only when the control of self by others is more pleasant than the unbound assertion of self in human relationships can we hope for a stable, peaceful human society... Giving to others, being controlled by them, submitting to other people cannot possibly be enjoyable without a strong erotic element.

One of the purposes of these bondage depictions was to induce eroticism in readers as a part of what he called "sex love training". Through his Wonder Woman comics, he aimed to condition readers to becoming more readily accepting of loving submission to loving authorities rather than being so assertive with their own destructive egos.

About male readers, he later wrote: "Give them an alluring woman stronger than themselves to submit to, and they'll be proud to become her willing slaves!"

For research purposes, here's photos of the original TV Show Wonder Woman (Lynda Carter):

[Image: lynda-carter-running-wonder-woman.jpg]

[Image: 88c6ac84a6de34733302a8261a38a422.jpg]

Timing will be everything on this one..

[Image: SWOc7jH.gif]

Quote:Darkwing Buck Wrote:  
A 5 in your bed is worth more than a 9 in your head.

The movie does have a feminist vibe with lines like...

"What I do is not up to you"

"Where I am from its called slavery"

Despite this, feminist hate her because she is feminine.

Looks like good stuff. I actually liked her as Wonder Woman when I first saw her in Superman v. Batman. I've also thought she was hot since first seeing her in the Fast and Furious series. Hearing that she actually seems to be a feminine decent woman is just icing on the cake.

Quote: (07-31-2016 06:40 AM)seniol Wrote:  

You're giving the Tumblr morons far more credit than they deserve. A moron who uses big words to defend his position is still a moron.

It's pretty simple. The Ghostbusters team were fugly, Wonder Woman is "hot".

Granted it's possible that the directors are smart enough to think of something like that. However they also have too much hubris to ever intentionally refer to something that they've done as anything other as a brilliant masterpiece.

She's really hot - can't stop looking at that gif. As for the film, saw the trailer a few days ago and there were definitely a few 'yo go girl-isms' thrown in there, but I'm sure it will be low on the propaganda with it being a big mainstream piece of the DC universe.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

They should've done this movie before the Batman v Superman movie.
I watched BvS, and wonderwoman comes in and is invincible or something, her shield and sword do wonders against doomsday, and she seems fine with the situation. The first time I watched it, it was too much of a shock to see all this without any explanation.
Why is she invincible? Is she an alien too? Why is her shield so powerful? Why is her sword cutting off a kryptonian's arm? What the fuck is going on? For the first 2/3rds of the movie she just kind of wanders in and out, some rich chick messing with bruce wayne, oh ok she is wonder woman, oh wait how is she fucking up doomsday?
So really, this movie should have come out before BvS, to explain why she is what she is, what her actual powers are, why her roman era equipment is so extreme, etc.

edit, like what marvel did with their movies, give back story and put the characters into context.

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""

Quote: (07-31-2016 08:15 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

I was trying to think of a heroine played by someone that nailed the epitome of being a warrior-woman without being a complete try-hard.

You can't really explain it. Hell if I know how you'd coach someone to replicate it. But there it is.

According to modern feminism, Sarah Connor is not a feminist because her biggest motivation is to save her >>>>>SON<<<<<.

@WalterBlack

Yea I know she really can't act.
If I remember correctly wasn't Angelina Jolie the same way,
until she started taking acting classes to make herself better,
could be wrong though.

"You either build or destroy,where you come from?"

Quote: (07-31-2016 01:04 PM)Sam Malone Wrote:  

Timing will be everything on this one..

[Image: SWOc7jH.gif]

Jeezes - you made me spit my tea all over my monitor... best laugh I had all day. Plus I concur with the general sentiment.

"The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."
– Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

Still say they should've cast this chick.

[Image: NpQ5zxM.gif]

[Image: ZsVc6.gif]

Quote: (07-31-2016 03:28 PM)Latinopan Wrote:  

According to modern feminism, Sarah Connor is not a feminist because her biggest motivation is to save her >>>>>SON<<<<<.

Right because if she was trying to save a daughter, the feminists would love that, but since it is a son, they can't have that.

Ghostbusters fiasco was start as way to deflect the blame of the current movie tanking in the box office. If Feig shut up and Sony stop gaslighting the SJWs, they would have made more money compare to the dismal earning at moment. As for this movie, it seems that some SJWs are complaining that Wonder Women is Israeli. There nothing to see with that argument.

The most interesting thing about this movie is Wonder Women has her origin in line of the old 1st and 2nd wave feminism. She can trade punches with big boys like Superman, but still see herself as a female. She may scream in the comic she needs no man, but she is not trying to become a man. Lunatics in the 3rd and 4th wave branches of feminism, want women to be men. Women Wonder goes against their narrative.

Personal, I want to see if they make a good movie out of the material. DC needs a hit for their movie franchise.

Gal Galdot: WB

Quote: (07-31-2016 06:15 PM)eradicator Wrote:  

Quote: (07-31-2016 03:28 PM)Latinopan Wrote:  

Right because if she was trying to save a daughter, the feminists would love that, but since it is a son, they can't have that.

Sarah Connor is the only female character I can remember that has a good intention to be cool and badass that does not involve "showing she is as strong as the guys".

Her progression from T1 to T2 is perfect because she is totally weak and vulnerable in T1 and need Kyle Reese to save her, in T2 she is stronger but still vulnerable, she does not go hand to hand against the T-1000, her character spend both movies running away trying to escape.

This is why the new Terminator sucks, by making Sarah Connor a badass that can go and fight head to head against a more superior Terminator the character loses its humanity.