rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Debate: Cenk Uygur vs Dinesh D'Souza

I just finished watching this debate between the creator of "Hillary's America" Dinish D'Souza (must-see film) and TYT's Cenk Uygr, it's worth checking out.

The most interesting part about this was Cenk's inability to stick to the facts and construct a substantive argument. He spent the entire debate bashing D'Souza's character, throwing straw-mans and ad hominems his way, diverting the conversation and refusing to directly answer questions. It was yet another example of how leftists are incapable of engaging in political discourse without appealing to emotion and intentionally distorting opposing worldviews.

At one point Cenk responded to a question on why he is voting for Hillary despite claiming to be an advocate for getting money out of politics by, get this - asserting that Dinesh beat his ex-wife.

It was an absolute trainwreck for Cenk. He acted like a complete and utter fool, a typical left-wing smug piece of filth who doesn't even follow the same politically correct virtues he crams down everyone else's throat.

[/rant]

It's funny you say this, that sort of emotional argument is pretty standard for the young turks. I have tried watching their show, usually when someone links to them from here, but they never even bother trying to make any sort of substantive debate.

Actually now that I think about it, they never really do any reporting at all on TYT, they just offer commentary on a news or political event, always very emotional and one sided. Who is funding the young turks? How did that shit show ever come into existence? Is it just something Cenk created with his own time and money?

I can't make it even a few minutes into "debates" like this. I don't know this Dinesh, but Cenk comes off like a clown. A witless moron who can't think, he can only toe the party line. When he was intellectually honest, back in the 90s, the dude was actually moderately conservative. How do you so radically change your views in less than a year - around 2000?

Quote: (07-27-2016 01:39 AM)eradicator Wrote:  

It's funny you say this, that sort of emotional argument is pretty standard for the young turks. I have tried watching their show, usually when someone links to them from here, but they never even bother trying to make any sort of substantive debate.

Actually now that I think about it, they never really do any reporting at all on TYT, they just offer commentary on a news or political event, always very emotional and one sided. Who is funding the young turks? How did that shit show ever come into existence? Is it just something Cenk created with his own time and money?
Cenk started on MSNBC in 2010, his show there sucked so they dropped him. He went to Al Jezeera with TYT. They pulled the plug in 2013. Also had a show on XM. Now TYT is a Youtube show. He's a smug cocksucker who thinks he's better than everyone. In reality, he's a fringe journalist and a loud mouthed asshole.

I just looked him up on wikipedia. Cenk is a lawyer, went to ivy league schools like U Penn and Columbia. I don't get why his is running a youtube "news" show, he could make a decent living practicing law instead of making emotional arguments about current political events on youtube all day.

His shitty youtube show has gotten over 1 billion views. IIRC, that alone is worth decent income. There's probably a more simple reason why he doesn't practice: he's a shit lawyer. Just because you went to an Ivy league law school doesn't mean you're going to be a good lawyer.

Quote: (07-27-2016 03:56 AM)porscheguy Wrote:  

Just because you went to an Ivy league law school doesn't mean you're going to be a good lawyer.

Thats because he got into Columbia like Obama via affirmative action. Cenk is a muslim and a Turkish, underrepresented minority at a super liberal university. If he was Asian or White = no affirmative action, he would have been rejected. He will never reveal his low ACT/SAT score, like Obama.

http://www.politicalirony.com/2011/05/01...e-schools/

If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of.
– Bruce Lee

One must give value, but one must profit from it too, life is about balance

I never watched the Young Turks show but after watching this debate, I see no reason to. All throughout the debate Cenk twisted around Dinesh's words and would dodge questions. Not to mention that he used "conservatives are racist and stupid" ad hominem attacks constantly.

Dinesh at one point said that although slavery was evil, American blacks today are better than blacks living in Africa today. A true point. Of course Cenk goes on to say that this means that Dinesh thinks slavery was good! Dinesh make an analogy between Irish escape the potato family and Irish Americans today but it falls on deaf ears.

Cenk admitted that he never read Dinesh's books but for some reason knew what the books arguments were.

sadly far too many on the left debate like this.

It was about 10 minutes in when he went to maligning for effect, which is pretty sad ("You have a stupid audience" or "You just got out of jail") --- only scummy people do that crap, because he knows better.

The worst part (I didn't watch the last 1/4 of it) was regarding the budget crap, back and forth. Cenk asks Dinesh for the final Bush handoff deficit, then won't take an explanation of "context" or detail of what led up to that handoff for 8 years. When Dinesh very soon thereafter states that Obama doubles it (challenging Cenk that what proceeded was clearly much worse in any mathematical way) in the next eight years, he then provides context, immediately.

Within 1 minute he basically argued that only he gets to use context.

It was just weird. Beyond stupid. I wonder if people fall for this crap, or if we are all just "sided" and none of it matters at this point, the left is so crazy they would never grant any facts to anyone.

Cenk Uygur is too emotional and childish to handle a debate, he can't even contain himself when he speaks alone, the fact he had to bring a group of people to cheer for everything he said shows how unprofessional he is.

Steven Crowder made a video making fun of his emotional impulsive behavior.

I've never seen a media analyst with such inability to grasp nuance. Christ, Cenk sounds like a massively overgrown 8 year old the way he oversimplifies everything.

[paraphrasing]
Cenk- You were in jail for corruption!
Dinesh- No, I was in jail for exceeding campaign finance restrictions I was unaware of at the time. I never asked for any favors in return for my contribution and was never accused of corruption.
Cenk- Yea so you were in jail for corruption!

Then it got even weirder...

Cenk- In your book you argue black people should pay reparations to white people!
Dinesh- No, I argued that although the slaves themselves were made worse off by slavery, their descendants that are alive today are better off being American than if they were born in Africa. I never said anything about paying reparations.
Cenk- [oozing with smug sarcasm and condescension] Oh yea, I'm sure the slaves were soooooo happy to be enslaved in America!

Unfortunately, this style of rhetoric appeals to a massive demographic; young adults who want to feel superior to people far more intelligent without bothering to understand their point of view. It's the same playbook Jon Stewart used to become so popular, though he was much better at it.

Youtube recommended this video last night and I tried to watch it but that guy is such an annoying faggot. Once he said something like "C'mon big guy" to Dinesh I had to turn it off. He doesn't really understand what a debate is and should go back to Turkey and get his obnoxious ass run over by a tank. Dinesh doesn't have that great of body language but he obviously has confidence from his knowledge and it was great to see him wait for the other guy to finish his outbursts and calmly respond. Not sure where he draws that patience from. If you watch it on mute, you can see glimpses of insecurity by the other guy in his body language where he is looking at the audience for approval and cheers.

Also, props on your new Venezuelan wife, Dinesh. WLWIDTBHTBA (would let win in debate, then bang hard, then buy appetizers)

Here is a good one:

This is such a bad matchup because not only is DSouza classy, but he also debates honorably. I feel bad for his fans having to endure such a poor match of intellects.

Quote: (07-31-2016 09:56 PM)Herr Lucifer Wrote:  

Here is a good one:

For those interested, skip to 21:20 in this video for the good part.

I actually felt enraged watching that shit. While Karen calmly delineates a lot of interesting and little known history about voting rights, Cenk acts like a pompous dick and interjects with mean-spirited comments that add no value whatsoever to the discussion. It's unbelievable how constructive she is and how destructive he is.

I respect Dinesh and as an Indian American, relate to his story.

I didn't have a choice coming to this country since I was 12. My parents came because they thought me and my sister had a future. They worked very hard and multiple jobs at a time to put food on the table while not at all fitting in with the culture, often times shunned because their behavior came off abnormal. At the same time, while they had every chance, they didn't take a cent from the government in food stamps or free stuff.

I still remember doing marginally well in school and being given those "minority" awards just to make me feel good. There was not one white American person; I don't think the awards were available to those kids in the first place. I was also placed in certain programs for "disadvantaged" youth where we had these mentors (mostly older white guys that were nice enough to give their time up). While I appreciated much of this, it used to make me feel like I was different. Supposedly, I was so disadvantaged that I needed a boost, but instead of boosting me down, I was repeatedly told that I have to fight against the disadvantage I have. At this point, of course I know it was a joke.

Sure I faced racism, but who the hell hasn't been told they aren't good enough, some times because of their height, other times due to their weight, and I could go on. It took me a while, but I got over it. If anything, my problem is that people treat me too well and I can't even have a politically incorrect honest conversation with them, because they think they'll offend me.

I love this country for bringing different people into ITS fabric (nationalism). I don't like when people think they get to create their own fabric (multiculturalism). I served in the Navy for 8 years. No matter what background you were, you started at the same spot and got promoted for performance. I worked for more black guys and women in a position of authority than any sense you would get of this in the mainstream media. I enjoyed learning about their cultures and backgrounds, whether they were some pale white dude form Minnesota, or some big Samoan dude from Hawaii. We were there for a common goal and we all cared for each others' characters, nothing else.

I feel it's okay to be open to different cultures and still be nationalistic. Just don't flaunt you culture against American culture and values; that's what frustrates me. I wish the civilian world would be more like my military experience. In most of my sensitive conversations, especially with white liberals, I'm constantly telling them "it's okay," after they've said "sorry, I don't mean to offend you" about a million times. It doesn't make for a great debate when people feel like they have some type of privilege over you. I had a conversation with a late 20's young white girl that works with me, where she constantly indicated how she had privilege over black people and muslims.

After the Navy, I went to college, had a high GPA and worked for one of the largest Accounting/consulting firms in the world. After 10 years in both there and finance positions, I now work in sales; specifically, the division of our company that brings on over 50% of its revenue. I would say I'm the 3rd highest performer in that group. It's a sales role. About 95% of the company is white. My sales numbers are consistently high when I work hard and they tank if I don't. Nothing else matters in this business, not my culture, not my skin color and not the way I dress (actually the pocket squares help [Image: lol.gif]). It's the one reason I left my desk job to work here. I was in a tough spot a few months ago and my boss (a very red pill woman) and another partner really put their skin in the game to help me get back on track. Now I'm back on track and I owe them a huge deal of loyalty.

In a sense, because I was an immigrant and I had to assimilate, I probably worked harder than many others. However, did I have a disadvantage that was institutional or cultural? Maybe in the beginning, but I worked hard to assimilate and got over it. It's doable. In turn, I worked hard for what I have and I earned it fair and square. I love and respect this country for it. I wish more people would know that it can be done instead of thinking there is some rock tied to their foot.

Quote: (08-01-2016 12:28 AM)Cobra Wrote:  

I respect Dinesh and as an Indian American, relate to his story.

I respect Dinesh too, his gpa was 4.0 and his SAT is nearly perfect. Pure meritocracy, despite full discrimination going against him.

Dinesh is a brown guy, who work his ass off.

Male = real discrimination

Indian = Asian Discrimination

male + Indian = Full discrimination

Your Indian American Male = No Affirmative action in Govt/Military/Corporation/Higher Education = You are going to have to work hard and face full discrimination to the max.

You should of mark black or latino on your job or college application.

When I was teaching at a major university, I told all my white/black/latino/asian/Atlantis male student to mark down you were either black or Latino, to avoid discrimination.

Funny story, my white student won a Latino scholarship. LOL

Life is short, I don't have time to complain, its better to get out of the game and live abroad.

The US system becomes more corrupt like Asia each day, meritocracy is slowly disappearing in the USA.

– Bruce Lee

Quote: (08-01-2016 12:28 AM)Cobra Wrote:  

I didn't have a choice coming to this country since I was 12. My parents came because they thought me and my sister had a future. They worked very hard and multiple jobs at a time to put food on the table while not at all fitting in with the culture, often times shunned because their behavior came off abnormal. At the same time, while they had every chance, they didn't take a cent from the government in food stamps or free stuff.

This is something that most asian immigrants in the past had in common.

My parents were like this too they had way too much pride to mooch off welfare. They looked at it with total contempt like it was admitting defeat. I didn't even know food stamps existed until friends joked about it. My dad absolutely would not take handouts from anyone and even refused to declare bankruptcy when his first business went under.

When you have a wife and young kids that's either the ballsiest move or the stupidest move ever. Turns out he was right. It definitely made a lasting impression on me.

Our family was poor as fuck too until the 90's.

Cenk also try to spread the idea that the Armenian Genocide in Turkey, was not a genocide.

Its call mass murder Cenk.

All lives matter, killing millions of Armenians for no reason is genocide.

Uygur, Cenk (1991-11-20). "Historical Fact or Falsehood?". The Daily Pennsylvanian. Archived from the original on 2012-06-20. Retrieved 2012-06-20.

– Bruce Lee

Quote: (08-01-2016 01:27 AM)HOD Wrote:  

Cenk also try to spread the idea that the Armenian Genocide in Turkey, was not a genocide.

Its call mass murder Cenk.

All lives matter, killing millions of Armenians for no reason is genocide.

Uygur, Cenk (1991-11-20). "Historical Fact or Falsehood?". The Daily Pennsylvanian. Archived from the original on 2012-06-20. Retrieved 2012-06-20.

Dude's obviously a cunt.

You could tell by the way he went full kebab on Alex Jones. Alex won that exchange despite being spit on by a degenerate. Watch that exchange again and you'll see a very obvious smirk on Jones' face. He knew he had him. Absolutely knew it.

Cenk is full of himself. Low impulse control and weak frame. Lacks gorilla mindset.

He started to chest puff when he knew he had a full crew of backup dancers including little Ana Kasparian to come to his aid. He's not someone who would wade into the deep pool of any real political stance or hold his own in any actual debate.

He's all about chest beating and making monkey noises to scare off competitors.

I bet he's someone who starts shouting "DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM?" when a waiter fucks his order up too.

Like I said, fucking cunt.

Thanks for linking this. For a few days I was watching TYT to get an alternate view and balance out all the right wing stuff I watch. However it quickly became apparent that Cenk and the rest of his staff are exactly as you've described in your opening post, whether they are debating or simply covering a story. So as far as getting leftist viewpoints, I have settled on The Rubin Report (who had D'Souza on recently) and the Pakman show (he used to be on TYT, I think). I'll watch this debate when I get home, D'Souza was very good on The Rubin Report.

The Rubin Report is brilliant, love that guy but Pakman blew it for me when he did an obvious bait and switch with Vox Day. He asked Vox on for a Gamergate interview then spent the whole time trying to destroy him personally with nonsense about his views on marital rape and race issues.

I didn't know Vox and had only heard some of the shit spread about him so it was good to see him swat away the attacks and find out that he's a decent guy. Pakman though is slippery.

Agreed mate, the Rubin Report is brilliant. I sing its praises wherever possible. Dave's a proper liberal in the classical sense, not a progressive/regressive.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Yeah haven't been watching Pakman for long, but have been loving his takedowns of Reza Aslan. Interesting about that thing with Vox Day, I never heard about it. Vox Day is someone I've been reading for maybe 5 years now, probably longer and who I have a lot of respect for. I will have to go and find it.

Here you go. Check the votes and comments.