rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Medical Device Sales

Medical Device Sales

Does anyone know anyone that is in the Medical Device Sales industry. I was in an uber the other day and this guy was telling me how he has had people in the industry ride in his car. The people were saying how they made anywhere between 500k-800k. Ever since I heard that I've been applying for those type of jobs.

Anyone here know anyone in that field. If so are they making a killing like that?

Medical Device Sales

Pays well.

You don't just walk into a 5-800k role however. From what I hear the companies usually want a college degree and previous business to business sales experience.

Last I heard the comp may have been down a bit, but I may be mistaken on that part.

Medical Device Sales

To make that much you need experience....and most times a pussy.

A great deal of sales folks in the medical industry are women.

With baby boomers dying left and right, the healthcare industry is going to grow, grow, and grow! The problem is that the fucking baby boomers don't have jack shit saved up to cover their expenses and medicare reimbursement rates are crappy as they are.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Medical Device Sales

My cousin is a rep for implantable defibrillators, and makes mega bucks. Apparently they are the wave of the future.

For years he sold strictly this ngs relating to ambulatory care. Yes he drove around with a trunk full of fake legs and walkers.

I don't know much about the business, but its gotta be depressing. Your dealing with people that are sick and dying all the time.

You also gotta go to hospitals all that time, and you are gonna pick up some illnesses yourself.

Aloha!

Medical Device Sales

Dated a med device sales rep from San Diego, and can confirm a lot of what was said above:

1. mostly female and attractive. many of them were approached during career fair days at SDSU and these girls had degrees in communications, sales, marketing, and science-related degrees.

2. they prefer you to have a medical or science related degree. you need to be able to explain shit in medical terms to the doctors you will be selling that shit to.

3. you spend most of your days on the road.

I don't know where the 500-800K numbers are coming from, but I guess it does depend on the type of devices you are selling. Prosthetic legs won't get you as much as a CT or MRI scanner. The girls I knew were maybe 2-4 years in the industry and started off at 50-60K with bonuses for hitting specific targets that could bring their overall take over 100K. The 500-800 must be the people who've been in the industry at least 5 years (but more likely 7-10) who have a lot of repeat clients and sell the expensive stuff.

Medical Device Sales

I currently work in Healthcare IT as an independent consultant. If there is megabucks to be made like I heard the other day then I definitely want in. I've been applying on indeed all weekend.

Medical Device Sales

I was banging a girl briefly who sold a few specialty tech products, she was making a living but definitely not a killing. She did it for about a year and I don't think she was anywhere near six figures. Was former military and college educated. Found out she quit after accidental text led to brief convo but didn't get any details. Wouldn't bet the house on that career though.

Medical Device Sales

Ditto what most of the other posters said: for the big bucks, being an attractive white female with a degree is basically like a prerequisite. I'm guessing the $500k+ paydays are in really high end devices for medical/dental. Close friend is a 10 year FDA veteran doing medical device review and now consults for companies applying for patents and he told me the average profit margin industry-wide is 30-35%. That's a lot of fucking money left over.

Alternatively, if you're willing to grind, lower tier/higher volume shit like catheters, urine bags, adult diapers, etc might be the way to break into the industry. Have an acquaintance who does just that - and he looks like he lives a pretty decent life. Always got top shelf hooch at his condo at the W in Atlanta, taking his mom on fancy vacations, company just got him a Boxster for meeting sales goals. He's got a degree (Sociology so not related) but he definitely puts a lot of hours in.

On a related note, maybe look into Medical ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software sales, or just ERP in general. Less advantage in being a woman because it's semi-tech, and they also do very well for themselves.

Medical Device Sales

Quote: (07-23-2016 05:15 PM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  

To make that much you need experience....and most times a pussy.

A great deal of sales folks in the medical industry are women.

With baby boomers dying left and right, the healthcare industry is going to grow, grow, and grow! The problem is that the fucking baby boomers don't have jack shit saved up to cover their expenses and medicare reimbursement rates are crappy as they are.

I really don't get this line of thinking. I have heard that:

Private insurance = big profits since private insurance pays the most
Medicare = slight profits
Medicaid = losses since medicaid pays almost nothing nut expenses stay the same

If margins go down due to the shift from private insurance to medicare/medicaid in the coming years, then how would expanding the volume help the healthcare industry? It seems like it would be much more work for less money.

Medical Device Sales

You need successful sales experience at a prior company to break into the more premium sales fields like Medical Devices/pharmaceuticals/electronics. But you can lateral after one or two years of cold-calling if you are near the top 10 to 20 percentile at your company. It doesn't really matter what industry your first job is in. If you can sell, you can sell anything. As long as you can understand basic concepts about medical devices, etc you should be fine, although I am sure it wouldn't hurt to have a degree in the field.

I've got a few friends in medical sales, they are definitely not making 500 to 800k (although I am guessing that's possible for upper management with 10+ years experience). They are breaking six figures for sure, though.

It's true that there's a ton of hot girls in this industry but if you are a "bro" and have the frat vibe you should fit in well and have a good chance to make it in sales.