rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Memes of Historical RVF Ancestors

This thread was not my idea, but inspired by nomadbrah's response to my post (below) in the "Swedish music festivals hit by reports of rapes by migrants'" thread.

He thought it'd be fun with a thread dedicated to memes of people from history that, in essence, could be forefathers to the RVF way of life. I agree and relish the idea; I know there is a surplus of outrageously funny and historically savvy people here.

General Guidelines

I recommend using this meme generator: Meme Generator (Imgflip). You'll be able to make a meme in less than a minute.

Feel free to add an anecdote conveying who the person you're memefying is. Quintus Curtius routinely namedrops people I've never heard of for example, which I'm grateful for.

Stay classy.

My original post:

Quote:DarianFrey Wrote:

Somewhat derailing, but as an addendum to Milkshake's impressive summary of Swedish/Nordic history I'd like to again point to Rurik, the father of the Kievan Rus Empire which became the ember of Russian culture.

Rurik came from the Rus people, a tribe most historians place in the middle of Sweden (Uppland and the Stockholm archipelago). The name of the people, Rus, is Old Norse for "the men who row". He and his relative Oleg incorporated this legacy in the name of the Kievan Rus Empire, or as it was known during its existence... Russia. The Land of the Rus.

(Perhaps Rurik and Oleg went in search of Poosy Paradise anno 860 A.D?)

So, the currently most non-cucked nation in the West owes its name and culture to its currently most cucked nation. History is equal parts bizarre and enthralling.

[Image: 17axxv.jpg]

Let's see what you guys conjure up.

[Image: popcorn5.gif]

[Image: 17b23p.jpg]

[Image: attachment.jpg32516]   

I couldn't come up with a good enough short description. Sorry. I really find the guy's feats inspiring. Not really a man that had good game I think but awesome nonetheless.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_III_Sobieski

The allies were now ready for the last blow. At around 6:00 pm the Polish king ordered the cavalry attack in four groups, three Polish and one from the Holy Roman Empire. Eighteen thousand horsemen charged down the hills, one of the largest cavalry charges in history after some ancient charges.[23]:152 John III Sobieski led the charge[16]:

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Fiat Jiustitia, et pereat mundus
They can be white, black, nice, fat, just need a crevasse to put my pipe at."- Tech n9ne

"Just because there's a bun in the oven doesn't mean you can't use the stove" - Dain_bramage.

[Image: 17b7g2.jpg]via Imgflip Meme Generator

Another great forum ancestor:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Martel

[Image: 17ba4t.jpg]via Imgflip Meme Generator

Quote: (07-12-2016 08:52 PM)Panokko Wrote:  

Another great forum ancestor:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Martel

[Image: 17ba4t.jpg]via Imgflip Meme Generator

I agree so very much. Very much so. I was in a medieval Europe class in my last semester I was in. To keep it short Charles Martel was mentioned but not a focus and the Battle Of Tours was barely touched upon. These are good so far. I like them.

Maybe a Otto Von Bismark meme or Frederik the Great?

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Fiat Jiustitia, et pereat mundus
They can be white, black, nice, fat, just need a crevasse to put my pipe at."- Tech n9ne

"Just because there's a bun in the oven doesn't mean you can't use the stove" - Dain_bramage.

[Image: 17cta8.jpg]

That's all i got

[Image: 17cxz8.jpg]

This man has too many achievements to fit into one meme. His autobiography should be required reading for new members here. Truly deserving of the epithet "The First American" as he arguably encapsulated and propagated the American idea of hard work to his fellow men, or industriousness as he called it way back when. It was this mindset that took him from humble beginnings to founding a nation.

At age 22 he wrote his own epitaph...

Quote:Quote:

The Body of B. Franklin Printer; Like the Cover of an old Book, Its Contents torn out, And stript of its Lettering and Gilding, Lies here, Food for Worms. But the Work shall not be wholly lost: For it will, as he believ'd, appear once more, In a new & more perfect Edition, Corrected and Amended By the Author.

... which would ultimately not make onto his gravestone 62 years later (20 000 people attended his funeral). Yet it serves as a glimpse into the early workings of a fascinating and odd mind, and hints at a certain urgency in how he lived life henceforth.

As any great man, he was complex and not without scandals during his life. He frequently appointed friends and family to high positions, for example. No doubt he surrounded himself with great men, but it stung the eyes of his contemporaries.

All in all, the prototypical self-made man.

The founding fathers were all boss, my favorite probably Thomas Jefferson though as multi-genius with taste for both the countryside life and the urban international. The same man spent countless hours mapping the minutia of the landscape of his estate with the fervor of an engineer while simultaneously being the main writer and philosopher behind the Declaration of Independence. He was also an architect and philisopher skilled in classical literature, a non-practising Christian, spoke several languages and in addition to all this found time to be a practical political figure.