rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

People who mess you around

So I was at a wedding yesterday and I shook hands with a man right at the start.

5 hours on, this man wanted to talk to me, he said he's been talking to someone and my family has been invited to a wedding, he kept explaining and from then on he said can I have your mobile number, he kept persisting where can I get your number from? Can I ask your friend for your mobile number.

Why couldn't he tell me this earlier? He lives 40 metres away from me, he could easily have come to my house or even phoned my father before and told him over the phone.

I feel this guy messed me around and the fact he kept asking me for my mobile number, instead of my house[/align] number and email, I feel this was a give away.

What are your thoughts on this situation?

Quote: (07-11-2016 04:44 PM)Atom89 Wrote:  

So I was at a wedding yesterday and I shook hands with a man right at the start.

5 hours on, this man wanted to talk to me, he said he's been talking to someone and my family has been invited to a wedding, he kept explaining and from then on he said can I have your mobile number, he kept persisting where can I get your number from? Can I ask your friend for your mobile number.

Why couldn't he tell me this earlier? He lives 40 metres away from me, he could easily have come to my house or even phoned my father before and told him over the phone.

I feel this guy messed me around and the fact he kept asking me for my mobile number, instead of my house[/align] number and email, I feel this was a give away.

Give him your number, accept a wedding invite, go and have a good time. What's the big deal? Are you worried he's gay and grooming you for deviancy? Maybe 5 hours into a wedding he and you were drunk and he's repeating himself because that's what he does when he's drunk.

If he messes you around again, throw shit on him.

Bruh he's secretly finessing you to steal your life savings. I wouldn't trust him if I were you.

Quote: (07-11-2016 07:38 PM)steezyy Wrote:  

Bruh he's secretly finessing you to steal your life savings. I wouldn't trust him if I were you.

Yep...

Not enough information here to conclude much of anything.

Thanks guys.

I told my dad if their is supposedly meant to be a wedding and he said he's heard of nothing, funnily enough the guy hasn't even come to my father to invite my family to a wedding, why was he so desperate for my mobile number? Moreover, he didn't even tell me who the wedding was. All of this tells me is chatting crap.

Quote: (07-12-2016 03:10 AM)Atom89 Wrote:  

Thanks guys.

I told my dad if their is supposedly meant to be a wedding and he said he's heard of nothing, funnily enough the guy hasn't even come to my father to invite my family to a wedding, why was he so desperate for my mobile number? Moreover, he didn't even tell me who the wedding was. All of this tells me is chatting crap.

"Chatting crap" like what? He's trying to chat you up? This does not sound like a very common theme for RVF guys who don't know how to handle the chatting of other guys. Are you sure that you are not a girl?

I have some guys that try to "chat me up" because they are asking for money, and recently, I had a guy that started throwing some shit around because he did not like my response to his request for money, and I tried to be polite.. but that seems like a scenario different than what you are describing, no?

Sometimes, in social circles, some guys will try to get to know you, because they want to get an "in" with your friends, but that does not seem to be what you are describing, either, or is it?

I think he was telling a lie to me, that is what I believe. I'm unsure as to why he was so desperate for my mobile number, as opposed to my home number. or other methods of contacting me.

I recently had a number of prank calls to my phone, one in particular where their was a fake call from the government stating I owe them hundreds of thousands of pounds and I'll end up in jail, where the other person just listens to this conversation silently on their phone.

In a sense, you can never know how this person would use my mobile number.

Quote: (07-12-2016 03:47 AM)Atom89 Wrote:  

I think he was telling a lie to me, that is what I believe. I'm unsure as to why he was so desperate for my mobile number, as opposed to my home number. or other methods of contacting me.

I recently had a number of prank calls to my phone, one in particular where their was a fake call from the government stating I owe them hundreds of thousands of pounds and I'll end up in jail, where the other person just listens to this conversation silently on their phone.

You still are making little to no sense to me.

If you haven't noticed, most people use mobile phones these days, and it is not even very common for guys to even have home numbers, except if you are still living with your grandparents. So I don't understand what your big fucking hang up is regarding someone insisting to get your mobile number rather than getting your grandma's number, so she can call you up from the basement.

Regarding, government phone calls and ease dropping of agents, you are getting into some nother level of nonsensicality, here to suggest as if RVF guys can relate to situations in which they are trying to avoid laws and tax men.. Is this some kind of recent theme that I am missing in RVF culture? Probably not, so maybe you should explain why your scenario is one that is relateable to RVF guys?

Sounds quite peculiar have never experienced anything like that a guy chasing me for a phone number, might be a one-off.

Quote: (07-12-2016 04:33 AM)Stadtaffe Wrote:  

Sounds quite peculiar have never experienced anything like that a guy chasing me for a phone number, might be a one-off.

Yeah, still trying to figure this shit out, and thinking that some weird ass situation is being described by OP just to troll us.... which is beginning to seem like the most likely and reasonable conclusion.

There is no larger issue to discuss from your anecdote.

This is a very specific, individual, random incident- as well as being inconsequential. It should have gone in the lounge if anything, not thread worthy.

Americans are dreamers too

Quote: (07-11-2016 04:44 PM)Atom89 Wrote:  

I feel this guy messed me around and the fact he kept asking me for my mobile number, instead of my house number and email, I feel this was a give away.

My thoughts? Well if you must know, when I read your post I thought: You ain't from Mississippi, kid. Cuz down there they say "dogged me 'round" instead of "messed me around."

And then I found myself humming a little tune.

Well, I'm not looking for no trouble
But nobody dogs me 'round.
Ah, when the kid hits Alabama, people
Don't you try to dog him 'round.
'Cause if you people cause me trouble,
Lord, I've got to put you in the ground.

Quote: (07-12-2016 03:47 AM)Atom89 Wrote:  

That's not a prank call, that's an increasingly common but random scam call, usually by scam artists from India or Africa who prey on gullible senior citizens and immigrants.

“Nothing is more useful than to look upon the world as it really is.”