rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Chris Evans Quits Top Gear

Not sure how many of you guys are/were Top Gear fans but you may have heard about Jeremy Clarkson getting kicked off the show last year after punching his producer and calling him a lazy cunt. Who handled it exactly like a cunt would by running off and and filing a complaint with the BBC. What preceded all that is a sordid story in itself but it basically boils down the BBC finally getting its long awaited opportunity to get rid of Clarkson after years of internal conflict. No matter the ratings, no matter that tens of thousands of Top Gear fans supporting Clarkson and asking the BBC to bring him back.

Of course after ridding itself of Jeremy the BBC didn't even have the decency of simply retiring the show. No, an example had to be made, proving to the world that a more politically correct Top Gear without Clarkson would be even better. Apparently the producers, in their infinite wisdom, thought they could simply ditch Jeremy NoFucksGiven Clarkson and replace it with THIS:

[Image: article-1386599-0BFABB2900000578-36_468x650.jpg]

His name is Chris Evans and I think the picture tells you all you need to know about the guy. Well, it should come to no big surprise to anyone on this forum that the show's ratings have been tanking as fans are leaving it in droves. After one single season of ridicule and negative feedback Chris Evans today decided to throw in the towel and leave the show.

I wonder what the BBC will try next. Three female (multi-culturally balanced) presenters perhaps?

"The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."
– Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

I think that Matt LeBlanc really hated him too, and gave a "him or me" type of ultimatum to the showrunners.

You don't get there till you get there

Not to be an ass but we already got a Top Gear thread.

thread-32784...t=top+gear

Quote: (07-04-2016 12:01 PM)Slim Shady Wrote:  

I think that Matt LeBlanc really hated him too, and gave a "him or me" type of ultimatum to the showrunners.

what? Joey Tribbiani finally landed an acting job?

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

[Image: attachment.jpg32411]   

I have no idea why this ponce and LeBlanc were tapped to present. Sabine and the rest all have some sort of car cred, either in racing or new media auto journalism. Those two? Nada.

It has to do with historic sexual allegations. Apparently the ginger minger loved to expose his white-washed, ginger pubed pecker to some unfortunate women in the 90s. Probably the tasty Denise Van Outen off Big Breakfast but she doesn't strike me as a girl who'd tolerate some limp dicked ginger flashing her for laughs.

Matt Le Blanc should make the show his own. He appeared in the old Top gear a few times and Jeremy liked him.

Matt LeBlanc is actually a true blue car guy, and from what I inderstand he was the fastest celebrity around their track when he guest starred back in Clarkson's days.

OP, do you have any info as to the background leading up to Clarkson's termination? Was it the licensce plate incident in Argentina?

Quote: (07-04-2016 01:16 PM)HonantheBarbarian Wrote:  

Matt LeBlanc is actually a true blue car guy, and from what I inderstand he was the fastest celebrity around their track when he guest starred back in Clarkson's days.

OP, do you have any info as to the background leading up to Clarkson's termination? Was it the licensce plate incident in Argentina?

Allegedly, after a long day of filming, (16+ hours), the crew were given a plate of sandwiches (a subway platter) instead of a sit down meal by one of the producers.

Clarkson wasn't happy at that, so he punched the producer, who complained to the BBC management, who sacked Clarkson over it.

With Evans gone (good- he should stick to radio, better at it than his TV work), might get something more original now in Top Gear, the series just finished tried to copy the Clarkson/Hammond/May model but just couldn't do it, let the presenters do it in their style.

Quote: (07-04-2016 01:16 PM)HonantheBarbarian Wrote:  

From what I remember, it was related to a physical altercation when he was in a tirade.

How Jeremy Clarkson Got Himself Fired, and What Happens Next
Quote:Quote:

March 30, 2015 at 4:20 pm by Bob Sorokanic

Last week, car fans and casual BBC watchers alike got the bad news we’d all been bracing for: Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson will no longer appear on the show. It’s an ignoble, unfortunate end for the man who was instrumental in making Top Gear the show that it is today. But how did we get here? And what happens next?

The “fracas” that led to the BBC not renewing Clarkson’s Top Gear contract first came to light on March 10, but by that point Clarkson was already skating on some very thin ice. In January of this year, show producer Andy Wilman looked back on 2014 as “an annus horribilis” for the show, thanks to three separate large-scale controversies that all had Clarkson at the center.

A recap of Top Gear’s rough year: In March 2014, Clarkson was accused of making an anti-Asian racist “joke” on the show’s Burma special, triggering a lawsuit against the BBC. Two months later, unaired rehearsal footage leaked that appeared to show Clarkson uttering the N-word. Clarkson offered an uncharacteristically sincere apology but admitted—presciently, now that we’ve got the benefit of hindsight—that another screw-up would likely cost him his job.

And then there was the October 2014 riot that chased the Top Gear crew out of Argentina. Locals claimed that the license plate on Clarkson’s Porsche 928 made a veiled jab at that country’s defeat by the British in the 1982 Falklands War, still a very sore subject among Argentinians. Though producer Wilman insisted the plate was an unintentional coincidence, the international incident it sparked caused major rancor for the BBC.

2014’s controversies were hardly Clarkson’s first. Over at Jalopnik, our friend Patrick George tabulated an extensive list of Clarkson’s many hot-water moments since Top Gear’s relaunch in 2002. They run the gamut from silly stir-ups—like when Alabama hillbillies threw rocks at the crew for having “Hillary for President,” “Man-love rules OK,” and “NASCAR sucks” painted on their cars—to truly stupid instances of Clarkson knowingly courting controversy by running his mouth. Read the full list here.

So when, as the BBC’s internal investigation reports, Clarkson unloaded a 30-minute fanatical tirade on Top Gear producer Oisin Tymon, followed by a 30-second physical altercation that left the producer with a busted lip—all because Tymon told Clarkson that the hotel kitchen was closed and he couldn’t get a hot meal—the BBC had an untenable situation on its hands.

Forget about the one million e-signatures from Top Gear fans, symbolically delivered to BBC headquarters by a half-assed knockoff Stig in a rented tank. The BBC had no choice but to can Clarkson. If he was any other, lesser BBC employee, Clarkson’s firing would have been amazingly swift and entirely unquestioned.
You and I can’t get away with throwing hissy fits and decking our co-workers and hope to keep our jobs.

But since Clarkson is the most popular man on the BBC, and since Top Gear is that organization’s most profitable product, and especially since Clarkson’s boorishness had his job prospects hanging by a thread already, we got the drawn-out, tabloid-fueled circus that we’re all, frankly, a little sick of hearing about.

And just because Clarkson has been dismissed, that doesn’t mean the ugliness is over. Idiots on the internet have taken it upon themselves to fling harassment, blame, and death threats at Oisin Tymon, the producer that Clarkson attacked, as well as at BBC general director Tony Hall. Never mind that it was Clarkson himself, not Tymon, who reported the incident to BBC leaders. Never mind that Tymon has stated publicly that he will not pursue any kind of criminal charges against Clarkson. Never mind that Clarkson’s manbaby tirade was so long, loud, and expletive-ridden that it could be heard by numerous other hotel guests just trying to enjoy a quiet night. The head of the BBC is now under police protection following said internet threats.

Clarkson’s the one who flew off the handle. Clarkson’s the one who made his superiors aware of what happened—though he also took the opportunity to hurl insults at his employer while his career hung in limbo. And oddly enough, of all the people whose careers were put in flux by his unhinged outburst, Clarkson has got the least to worry about when it comes to future employment.

Because despite the man’s penchant for cramming his own foot into his mouth, and despite an unraveling personal life that Clarkson admits is wearing him down, Jezza is still a highly desired personality. He left the BBC no choice but to fire him—and thus he becomes the most eligible free agent in the TV business.

There’s talk of Clarkson going to Netflix, where he would be given “full control” of an automotive program—and, importantly, where he wouldn’t have to worry about pissing off advertisers, a crucial freedom that working for the BBC allowed him and that essentially exists nowhere else in broadcast TV. It’s also not hard to imagine Clarkson ending up at a premium network that doesn’t have to abide by broadcast’s rules of decency and political correctness, the way Bill Maher found a home at HBO after going too nuclear for network TV. Or, frankly, Clarkson could just cool his heels for a bit, wait for this storm to blow over, and return to broadcast as largely the same guy he always was, like Don Imus did.

The BBC has committed to continuing Top Gear without Clarkson. It won’t be the same. At best, it will be a shell of itself, a Hammond-and-May collaboration that comes across like a plate of side dishes missing its steak. Or it might return with a whole new cast of hosts—Hammond’s and May’s contracts are up for renewal this year, and the thought of snapping up all three Top Gear alums in one swoop must make network executives go all drooly.

If Top Gear gets a clean sweep, coming back for its twenty-third season with a whole new trio, there’s a slim chance it will succeed. With the right combination of talent and the clear-eyed realization that they’re starting from scratch, a successful Top Gear relaunch isn’t entirely impossible.

The sadder, more likely outcome is another halfhearted Top Gear spinoff, a British version of the American version of the deceased British icon that started the whole cavalcade of export shows modeled after Clarkson, Hammond, and May.

As our pal John Krewson over at Road & Track so eloquently put it, Clarkson made Top Gear what it is today, then ruined it. His brash, overblown personality was responsible both for the show’s rise to success and its eventual undoing. Whatever we get in the aftermath, it won’t be Top Gear. And that’s a shame. Because while Clarkson’s increasingly outlandish and eye-roll-inducing antics did nothing but hasten the demise of his Top Gear career, when Jezza was at his best, he spoke to the enthusiast in every one of us.

Poach Vicky Butler-Henderson from Fifth Gear and have her and Chris Harris in the studio. Matt Le Blanc for the films (tone down the "I don't get you crazy Brits" talk), Rory Reid too. Ditch Sabine Schmitz and Eddie Jordan, it's just not working.

We're never going to get the same Boys-club-camaraderie thing going, but that was a one-off. It can still be a quality programme but in a different way.

Clarkson is an alpha, he doesn't care about what people say or think about him. The controversies are the best part of the show, and I'm sure others will agree with me. Hammond and May were like the mint to go with the lamb, they just made it even better. My favourite controversies:

Says striking workers should be shot in front of their families.

On truck/lorry drivers

In vietnam

Thanks for the replies above guys, but I was referring more to the background of what happened before the punching incident (which was epic, classic Clarkson). For instance I heard there was lots of tension and fallout prior to that, which was what I was inquiring about.

Also, I gotta say after viewing 3 episodes of the new season that the problem really is Evans. He is way too try-hard to the point of being cringe worthy, especially during the parts where they stand in front of the crowd with the cars.

LeBlanc, on the other hand, is much smoother with his delivery and this makes him much better of a presenter. His film segments were also much more enjoyable for this reason. Evans comes across exactly as he looks, a pale ginger snobby little cunt.

I think Clarkson, May, and Hammond are doing a show for Netflix, but I can't find anything concrete on it.

edit; Amazon Prime, not Netflix.

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""

[Image: lol.gif]

I have to see this Burma special... Obviously some kind of Bridge on the River Kwai thing going on. "Be happy in your work."

I haven't had BBC for a few years. The Botswana trip and Vietnam motorcycle trips were epic.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

I haven't watched any of the new episodes, despite liking Matt LeBlanc and knowing he's a proper car fan. Waiting for the new Amazon Prime show.

Some folk just want to make everything about them... (Brexit)

If they end up with Matt, Chris Harris and Rory the show would be ok.
Though I respect her skills as a driver Sabine, as a presenter is unpleasant whenever she talks (I don't mean the accent).
Eddie could be an annoying side kick/nemesis, but nothing more.

Chris Evans puked like a pussy after the mean car went too fast.

BBC producers make next to nothing. So when Clarkson, a guy worth over $50 million, punches one, he should take the payday and move on. In every form of entertainment, producers are treated to this kind of abuse daily. It doesn't involve punches very often but, when it does, it's like winning the lottery for them.

Quote: (07-04-2016 11:52 AM)redpillage Wrote:  

I wonder what the BBC will try next. Three female (multi-culturally balanced) presenters perhaps?

Nah. They'll cut their losses and double down on Matt as head honcho. It'll be good for his image. The Brits love an under-dog remember.

I don't share your opinion of Clarkson I'm afraid. I find him an over-opinionated, odious shit. He is crass and a bad example abroad of how a true English Gentleman should behave. Then again, he speaks his mind, and gives the 0 fucks, so there is that about him, granted.

As for Chris Evans. Well, where to start about Chris, eh?

Let's just say, I went out with a BBC Producer for a little while (not very long at all), who knew him. She worked with his contemporaries and with people even more famous than him, to a UK audience. Great gal she was. Even used to lift! Which is probably why it didn't last that long. But I digress.

Chris Evans used to quite often expose himself to his underlings. It was a powerplay for him. The man is a power-drunk. This is common knowledge, and the information is out there on many reputable websites. I can say this with impunity as it is public domain.

The lady I used to go out with at the time, told me about what a 'total boys club' the BBC and particularly the 'Comedy' part of it was, back then. Even though she ended up working on some of the most successful female comedienne's comedy shows a little later on. In fact, I just heard they were in one of the biggest films of all time UK wise. No idea. Whatever. She was a player. I liked her a lot. (I got to bang a few of her mates in the TV game and in the Record Industry before I got busted. What can I say? It was fun while it lasted?)

I'm not making a critique of male-dominated TV at that time. I'll let that stand. A lot of women did very well out of it. Very very well. Another time for all that.

I know one thing. If I ever got into a work environment with that 'person', he would have made my life hell. The man is a power-monger.

I don't watch Top Gear. I don't have a TV.

Chris Evans did it for the money, knowing it would end badly but he would be paid well. The BBC did it to save face. Not a marriage made in heaven.

I've nothing personal against the guy. I just don't like him. And I know I wouldn't like him if I met him, coz he's so stuck up his snobbish British arse. I went to school with his girlfriend/wife? as well, in the Middle East, where her father was a serious diplomat. Think on that.

These people seem to come out of nowhere, but they always have an angle. Again, no hate for that on my part. Just the facts, ma'am, just the facts.

And even though Clarkson might be an odious shit who I believe deserved to lose his job, guess which one I would rather go drinking with to down a few beers? Yup.

Not chrissy boy and his amazing wandering penis. To be fair, he did used to go full nekked and not just whip it out to frighten the animals, sometimes. It was seen as a rite of passage. It was seen as our version of 'hazing'. It was something you just 'had to get on with old boy because it is character building'.

But fuck him. Don't know the bloke. Don't wish him harm. Just know the type. Don't have any love for them. Not borne by bitterness. Just too many few rare precious moments in life to share with people who will benefit you and make your world better. Chris ain't one of them.

Clarkson, however!

Btw, loved the critique of his two fellow muppets by Steve Coogan, the famous comedian and actor and sports car enthusiast. I think he called them 'pathetic toadies' or some such. Ouch!

At the end of the day, I just resent having to pay for these idiot's salaries that range into the millions. Clarkson, Evans et al.

I'll have to save the real gossip for the drunk late night meet-ups that never happened. All of what I have said is just opinion and hearsay and no one should take any of it seriously, m'lud.

Such is the state of the UK.

At least now, Chris will probably stop whipping his todger out to new interns to 'show them who's boss'. Not a grass, not a SJW. Just someone who doesn't lick the boots of those that wouldn't piss on him if they were on fire. Let's just call it 'class war' for now. </joke>

Sorry for the gossip. I do try to be superior, but sometimes...

I have no knowledge of, and make no allusion to, any on-going criminal court cases in the UK. This is purely anecdotal on my part.

Cum grano salis.

[Image: CnmJn_vXgAEE80d.jpg:large]