rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Does anyone game at music festivals?

I went to an outdoor EDM music festival recently, and found it to be particularly difficult to game.

There are two main areas. The campground was 25 minutes from the festival, and the music venue itself.

--

I noticed most girls went there with their boyfriends. Seemed like 70% were with a boyfriend. If you’re a girl, there’s a good chance that if you’re going to go to a festival with your boyfriend, and if you don’t have a boyfriend, you probably won’t go. Which might explain why there were…

…A lot more dudes at the festival, probably 2:1 ratio. Not that any of them had game. I saw one guy at the food stands near the campground, kneeling in front of chicks and fake proposing, as an opener. Someone teach these men game.

There were very few girls who were walking alone at the venue. The couple that I did approach, I noticed there were two types. They were either in a rush searching for a friend, or wandering aimlessly in search for a friend. Neither was in the mood to chat for very long.

While I went at it alone, which is how I usually operate in nightgame and daygame, I think music festivals might be the one venue where it pays to have a wingman.

I couldn't approach a two-set solo, chat with them a bit, and invite them to a party at my campground later. If I had a wingman, this could be a more viable offer, but on my own, it wasn’t realistically an option.

In retrospect, I might have had more success asking them what they were going to do later, and tried to arrange to meet them at THEIR campsite. But we all know how difficult it can be to meet up with someone later that same night after they’ve gone off, back to their friends.

Girls at the festival without boyfriends were in pairs, or threes. I think these would be the best targets to approach. And I did talk to a couple two-sets. But when it’s just you, talking to a two set, it can be extremely difficult to keep the conversation going.

At the end of the day, the most difficult part about an outdoor music festival is logistics.

--

The campground was a 25 minute walk from the stages.

Once you left the music venue, you couldn’t re-enter, so people didn’t leave until the end of the night.

After the sun went down, and the headliners came on, I made a ton of approaches at the main stage both nights, until I found a girl who was down to dance, and we danced dirty, but getting them back to the campground was extremely difficult.

Because of the crowds, drugs, and poor cell phone reception, the friends of these girls were extremely sensitive to a guy moving their friend to another spot. The cockblockers insisted they keep their friend in sight at all times. In other words, extreme cockblocking.

Also, like club game, it’s very hard to have a conversation unless you stepped outside. Because it was an outdoor show, there wasn’t really anywhere to go unless you walked way off, which again, most friends wouldn’t work for.

I was mostly there to see the music anyway, as were the girls, so it was hard to approach in the middle of a DJs set. But because it was outdoor, it wasn't as loud as a club, so you could actually have a conversation during a DJ's set.

The time between sets was very short usually like a minute. In a live music show you might have a good chance to talk to a handful of girls in the 15 minutes while the other band gets set up.

Gaming in the campground might have worked better, but nobody was really there until after 1 am, and again, everyone was in large mixed sets, it was dark out. I myself was pretty tired myself after a full day of partying, but if I had more energy, I could see this being a more viable option to approach sets of people outside their tents hanging out.

If I were to game again at an outdoor music festival, having at least one other person with me (could be a girl or a guy), and approaching two and three sets during the day at the music venue. It’d be possible to invite them to a party you’re having at your campsite later, and collect numbers. Then most of them will flake, but maybe one or two would be down to come to your campsite, and there you’d have a chance to build comfort, attraction, and seal the deal. Maybe someone else has experience with this succeeding, because that’s how I’d do it if I were to go to something similar again.

Anyway, this wasn’t meant to be a data sheet, it was more post your experiences here.

There were a lot of very cute girls, young girls who like to party, but I couldn’t quite figure out how to crack this one.

Quote: (07-13-2015 04:02 AM)Suits Wrote:  
If you're serious about self improvement and make real effort, this forum will always have your back.

In my younger days I sure as hell did. I was a downright raver! These were my early PUA days, absolutely perfect stomping grounds. Maybe once again someday...

Let me offer my two cents because I go to 3-4 music festivals a month every summertime (I'm literally broke because I spend most of my money on this). I can speak on this with absolute confidence but I'm sure some people will disagree with a few things I say but thats only because YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY.

So yo answer your question, yes but you can't run your suave pseudo-intellectual james bond turning her on with your words and intellegence type game.
You have to roll with your boys. Hopefully your boys are cool. Hopefully some of them are naturals and not just a giant group of machine gun approaching PUA's in training.
It helps if you are muscular with tattoos or tall and good looking. It helps if your friends are cool and it looks like your group is high energy and having a good time.

I totally agree with you that most girls go with their boyfriends. Also, it seems the sluttier and more skin-revealing their costume is, the higher the chance of them showing up with their boyfriend. No idea why, just a trend I've noticed.
Your main target should be groups of girls. They all planned that trip together looking to get fucked up and have a good time and get taken down by some "hot" and, more importantly, COOL guys.
Alcohol is your best friend in this type of environment. As much as I hate using alcohol as a crutch to approach girls, music festivals and raves are where I break this personal rule and I get really fucking drunk.

If this is your first time doing drugs such as MDMA, you will probably be overwhelmed by it and not be able to effectively game or pull a girl. Thats okay, just enjoy the experience for what it is. This is partly why I recommend alcohol over other drugs. Also, I have taken girls back to my hotel room from festivals before only to have my dick not get hard or randomly go limp in the middle of sex because of MDMA. That being said, Im sure there is someone on this thread that will comment telling me I'm wrong and that MDMA makes you pull like a god and whatnot. When it comes to drugs, your mileage may vary.

I will stress one more time because of how important this is: roll with a group of COOL guys. There can be girls in the group too, but try and make sure the girls don't secretly have a crush on one of the guys in your group because the resulting drama wont be worth it. If you can find cool good looking and easy going girls (lol) to join your group, then by all means have them tag along. The power of the rat pack is important for one other reason: fights. Ego and testosterone runs high during raves especially. Fights break down all the time. 99.9999999999% of these fights are over a girl / girls. the other 0.000001% is because someone accidentally bumped into someone but was too "alpha" to say sorry and the other guy was too "alpha" to let someone bump into him and not say sorry (there has to be girls in the area though for this to flesh out into a fight though).

If you are going to any music festivals / raves in western Canada, PM me. I go to almost all of the major ones in Alberta and BC.
Cheers.

Grant me serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference

Isn't that the point of them?

Quote: (06-24-2016 01:53 PM)LINUX Wrote:  

If I could go back to my 20's and I drunk, did drugs, had game, and had a decent body...

I would hit up every major EDM/techno/Trance festival in Europe, Croatia spring break, Ibiza, Spain. I might end up dead to be honest.

I know I would put up close to 100 notches a year and have some unbelievable stories.

Latin America,Asia, Etc.. isn't going anywhere.

Take advantage of your youth before you lose it. Going to a third world country and spending all day banging chicks off tinder is for chumps.

LINUX seems to agree. 100 notches are quite a lot though.

Camping is also mandatory. I went to Mysteryland for the first time but only stayed one day. It was my first festival too

*unsubscribes from thread before people start posting crazy stories to make me jealous* [Image: tongue.gif]

Where is the EDM festival? In England you could probably get laid at one just by turning up if you had a pretty good physique, although it would likely be in the 5-7 range. I'd guess in Australia the same level of physique would just be a prerequisite.

I go to a few festivals every year - Coachella and Stagecoach being 2 of them. A rave and a rock festival being the other.

Yes people do couple up - but plenty of girls go with their friends and girlfriends.

Making sure you have a place to crash at the venue or near the venue is key.

For example, Stagecoach has their own camp grounds right next to the entrance for the festival, we have our spot on lock where all the people walk by, have a horseshoe parking (3 RV's in a horseshoe) with a dancefloor, kegs, smuggle booze and drugs.

For Coachella, camping, or renting a condo or house on AirBNB kills it.

We've pulled plenty of girls, having great wingmen makes things even way better. But bringing girls you aren't fucking can help immensely in convincing girls to come party with you. Even friends girlfriends help, these girls usually are fucking someone else but wanna party with other girls and guys also.

Girls love a great place to party, drugs, and booze. Then it's basically don't fuck up game once you drop bait about what you got, where you're staying and that you're down to party.

Back in college I used to hit up alot of festivals more in the jamband realm. Honestly IMHO the girls and people in general in that scene are a totally different crowd, attitude, etc than the club crowd. I see many girls in that scene thinking guys who game are "dooshbags", etc. With that type of crowd quite honestly your best off just chilling, having a good time, getting fucked up and you'll wind up hooking up. If you try to hard or try to run game it will completely backfire. Now with the rave, EDM, etc scenes it's a bit different but if your talking the Bonnaroo, Phish, Widespread Panic, Umphreys Mcgee etc type crowds I almost feel like the harder you try to worse you'll do.

Bro did you just get back from EDC Las Vegas?

I know how you feel but I stopped going to raves because now more and more people are going fucked up on drugs and I got annoyed by a bunch of people ruining my fun dancing with friends and a cute girl by stopping me to ask me if I have molly.

I've been to Hard Summer, Nocturnal in Wonderland, Escape from Wonderland etc...

It's a shame that the prices have been going up riduculously fast nowadays.

I quickly saw how amazing it was to be at those raves with beautiful women basically naked dancing around acting slutty which made it extremely easy to make out with random girls, and due sexual activities with them. But now the raves are so packed and trying to bring random bitches who are not fucked up on drugs back to your spot has become difficult especially like said earlier a lot of them come in big groups of friends or with their boyfriend who most likely paid for her ticket and will be mate guarding heavily.

I started weighing out the cost of attending these events: Tickets, Transportation, Logistics, and Food versus just going to a bar/nightclub and found that raves aren't a very cost effective place to find a get bitches to fuck anymore.

You are so much better off using that money for other miscellaneous activities while getting similar or better results at a nightclub/bar.

I could have gone to EDC a few weeks ago but then I thought to myself that I could easily use that money to rent a mansion on airbnb, rent a luxury car from the turo app, buy a bunch of food and alcohol and invite a bunch of friends and bitches to the mansion to have a huge party on the weekend and charge a small entry fee since it's at a mansion to recoup some cost.

Not only would my social status go up, I can fuck more bitches freely without getting cockblocked or worrying about logistics, and I would gain a few new fuck buddies in the process.

Quote:[b]Bacchus Wrote:  
Your goal is sex, not a phone number. Numbers are worthless.
They are the lotto tickets of game.
They might occasionally produce a winner, but don't count on it.
[/b]
If you are in Los Angeles and want to link up with me
and/or other members to do some approaches please contact me.Thanks.

The waifish allure in the abstract of the hippy on pingers is, in my experience of festivals, overwhelmed by the stark exposition of reality that is the western female after 3 days in a mud pit with no sleep, limited food, excessive dancing, and at best the injudicious application of a baby wipe across their danker regions.

Another thing about the rave scene in recent times, that a good friend brought to my attention:

Fags.... Fags everywhere.

There are less and less hot girls to approach and more and more gay couples frolicking around.

It isn't the early 2000's anymore. The scene has become commercialized and saturated beyond being worth it for pickup purposes.

I'm visiting Montreal during Jazzfest right now, got a few numbers but no ass yet. It started last night and I just started going early this afternoon. It's certainly possible here; I just stick my chest out like a lion, excrete my pheromones, and start conversations with girls who I see giving me approach invitations.

Agree with H1N1. Imagine what most of those girl's pussies smell like after dancing and sweating relentlessly in the heat at a one day festival. I can't imagine how dirty they would be after a 3 day/night event like Tomorrowland. Gross! Then again, maybe you filthy animals don't care [Image: wink.gif] I have an overly sensitive nose and am big on hygiene.

Quote: (06-30-2016 03:24 AM)LA Savage Wrote:  

Bro did you just get back from EDC Las Vegas?

Wasn't EDC but a similar festival, about a third the size.

I think e_man is right, it's what I realized too while approaching—rolling with a group of cool guys or a mixed group, is the most likely way to succeed.

Good spot on including the LINUX post, I'd agree with him, the solo playboy would be just fine in festivals/parties in Europe.

To finish off this thread, I found a relevant quote from GManifesto, about Ultra Festival down in Miami.

Quote: (03-21-2013 03:15 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (03-21-2013 12:44 AM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

That was a problem I ran into as well during ultra. Lots of girls but they were all too busy being fucked up on moly or had other plans with their friends and didn't want to be separated.

Yeah, that is the trick at gigs like that.

Many times you have to bring two girls back to your crib because they don't want to separate.

Plus, it's a lot of girls on Spring Break or tourists making it tougher to separate.

Certainly a challenge for the Solo Playboy.

Quote: (07-13-2015 04:02 AM)Suits Wrote:  
If you're serious about self improvement and make real effort, this forum will always have your back.

Where has Gmanifesto NOT been to? [Image: icon_lol.gif]

A very good read for music festivals. How about smaller scale local festivals, where there is a band playing in public and food, beverage and souvenir stalls lined up along the street?

I was thinking this would be a good day game spot. But going solo, I agree that couples are prevalent and also girls rolling in groups. Not much competition as the guys are out to enjoy the music and try out the local beers and ciders.

A few challenges I realised:

1. Girls want to hang around listening to the band, eating or walking up and down the same street. It would feel weird if you open while the band is playing and she doesnt want to move. They are not open to isolation.

2. Very few solo girls and guys around. Would it be a huge DLV going solo to these places?

3. Going in the morning would mean more couples and families. Going in the evening means girls might have plans to hit up the bars later esp if its a weekend. Bad overall.

I propose going straight for the solo girls who would be a very small minority. But, what would be the best time in these festivals where girls might come solo just to have a look? Any good openers for a lone girl wandering around by herself?

Almost every time im rolling at one I hook up with a girl it's super easy. A lot harder to set up a bang later unless its a camping one though.

I was just at EDC Orlando this past weekend. Got about 5-6 numbers. I actually live not far from the festival, so wanted to pick up more local plates. Got a few numbers/instagrams. Maybe 1-2 will come out of it. Met up with a couple plates as well and just reinforced social image, etc. Social reinforcement on snapchat/insta. I didn't get any strangers that I picked up, but maybe some of the numbers lead somewhere. But I also didn't commit to one girl because I wanted to maximize how many leads I could get.

Quote: (11-15-2017 02:33 AM)True Balla Wrote:  

I was just at EDC Orlando this past weekend. Got about 5-6 numbers. I actually live not far from the festival, so wanted to pick up more local plates. Got a few numbers/instagrams. Maybe 1-2 will come out of it. Met up with a couple plates as well and just reinforced social image, etc. Social reinforcement on snapchat/insta. I didn't get any strangers that I picked up, but maybe some of the numbers lead somewhere. But I also didn't commit to one girl because I wanted to maximize how many leads I could get.

I was there too haha. Hooked up with two girls and gonna try to meet up with one who lives in Tampa at some point (I live near Orlando/Tampa)

Quote: (11-15-2017 02:28 PM)bigolteddies Wrote:  

Quote: (11-15-2017 02:33 AM)True Balla Wrote:  

I was there too haha. Hooked up with two girls and gonna try to meet up with one who lives in Tampa at some point (I live near Orlando/Tampa)

Hello!

I absolutely believe it is easy for you, but maybe you could give us extra details, such as if you have good looks (definitely helps), if you rolled with a (cool, like in OP) crew, and maybe some strategies you used to extract yourselves from the festival without her friends cockblocking.

I plan on going to some festivals the upcoming months, and would like to use that to my advantadge.

Thanks!

I wrote about this in another thread...

If you want to game at a music festival, rent an RV for the weekend. Single women are mostly poor and suck at camping. Chances are they didn't bring enough water, they've been roasting in the heat, not showering, and they're sick of using port-a-potties. An RV fixes all these problems, plus you should have a mini fridge, tons of water, snacks, beer, alcohol, etc.

Meet some cute girls at the festival, and ask them if they want to go back to your RV to... whatever. An RV is like a luxury hotel room at a festival.

I think the RV cost us $1000 when I went to Firefly. Split it with two other dudes, and it became a palace of debauchery.

Negative - the girls you bang will try and "move in".

All that aside, if you're roughing it with the commoners in a tent, festivals are a tough situation to game.

Quote: (11-15-2017 02:51 PM)mikado Wrote:  

Hello!

I absolutely believe it is easy for you, but maybe you could give us extra details, such as if you have good looks (definitely helps), if you rolled with a (cool, like in OP) crew, and maybe some strategies you used to extract yourselves from the festival without her friends cockblocking.

I plan on going to some festivals the upcoming months, and would like to use that to my advantadge.

Thanks!

Yeah of course man. So in terms of looks I think i'm decently attractive, maybe a 7-8. My face is good, brown hair, green eyes but have an overbite that hurts my jaw a bit but it's still defined. I'm 5'7 and am muscular. But there are plenty of guys more attractive than me, and I usually do terribly cold approaching at clubs because of my height.

So the thing with festivals are, these girls are some of the freakiest and horniest girls you'll ever meet. If you haven't been to any before, there's an amazing vibe and feel to them of freedom, happiness, good vibes, etc.. Everyone's just so fucked up on molly and cid in the crowd, no one is judging you at all. The girls are usually either super ugly or super hot.

So I did roll with a cool crew, but since they were tripping the whole time they were no help. That's why I specifically only did molly and phenibut both days. Your best bet is to roll, and then just enjoy the music. You'll look around and most likely see a bunch of hot girls around you giving you strong eye contact and smiling because they're rolling too. And since you're in such a good mood from the molly, approaching and talking to them is cake. A lot of times it's best to just start dancing as an approach or start grinding on her. From there it's just a numbers game because most of them will be pretty horny and if you can act decently sexual when dancing and make strong eye contact you're gold.

I lost count of how many girls I danced with, and I was genuinely just having a good time listening to the music. Girls can sense this and it makes everything so much easier. In the beginning I was more focused on approaching and I didn't do well until I decided to let loose and have fun regardless of outcome.

The first girl I hooked up with was alone when I approached her. I used Roosh' line "you look like you're having the most fun out of anyone here" (sarcastically) and it went from there. Kissing a girl and feeling her up on molly is a great feeling, second to only sex on it.

I would say that you'd want to run game a little bit differently at these festivals. Most of the girls don't have their bitch shields up at all, and you wanna be a lot more touchy, make strong eye contact, smile and laugh more etc... At least for me this makes it a lot easier, and I only remember one group of girls that I approached acting bitchy to me. you can still neg just not nearly as much or else you'd just look like a dick.

The other girl I hooked up with was kind of the same thing, I said something stupid to her then had her grinding on me while I fingered her in the crowd five minutes later. She was even jerking me off lol but she was probably a 5 so I ditched her.

If you've never done molly before it may be a bit overwhelming and you'll most likely just want to dance, but just go with the flow and see what happens, everytime I roll i end up making friends that are rolling, and the same with tripping haha. If you're not about the drugs you can absolutely still do it, i'd recommend at least taking phenibut and getting a little drunk too, and adderall is very good as well.

Like I said, hooking up is easy, the hardest part is logistics. I've only ever banged one random from a non-overnight festival and it was a pain to figure everything out. Best thing you could do is go back with her to 'post-game', even better if you know of any parties. Just say you lost your friends. It's a lot harder to just take a number and try to meet up with her the night of, as once she's out of the moment and coming down she is going to be more hesitant to meet up with a random guy, especially considering she's with her friends.

Hope this helps.

Don't "approach", hover around the girls and dance around them. Make good eye contact and wait for the opportunity. You can move around in festivals, you don't have to stay in one spot. Pick the spots that is good, know the areas. Front are the guys that are rolling hard, middle are the people who are half n half (alcohol and some other combination of drugs), behind are the people chilling or looking for people or sober. Move around assess the situation are they in a group with guys/girls or girls only. Are they friends/boyfriends? You can do anything in a festival, in and out in a minute. Just be cool and have fun.

Only game for the first day usually after that they're just dirty, think about it their drinking a lot so they're constantly pissing in them shitty portacabin toilets coupled with bad or no shower facilities (some stay in hotels but no real way of telling first off).
I've been to one before so in my experience game first day enjoy the rest. Don't know if things are different where you guys are from.
Also I'll refrain from a fucking intents pun....