rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mike Tyson is aging badly

[Image: 569_mike-tyson-interview.jpg]

Hard to believe dude is only 45. He looks 20 years older than that. But good to see he's really cleaned up his life:

http://www.askmen.com/celebs/interview_5...rview.html

I think it's the drugs and the stress. I always thought he wasn't a bad looking dude but he just hit a point when he put that face tattoo on where he started to look really really fcuked up..

I've always been a fan of his though..his inside boxing game was tremendous in his heyday and his bob and weave was sicker than influenza...

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

He has lived more lives than many.

"Man, I've had it all. I've had money, I've had fame. If God invented anything better than pussy, he's keeping it for himself"

steriods?

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

no, boxing is self destruction.

Quote: (07-27-2011 01:33 PM)metalhaze Wrote:  

no, boxing is self destruction.

What are you talking about, bruv? There are many boxers that look absolutely fine, Bernard Hopkins, Lennox Lewis..etc..it's the drugs, mate, it's the drugs.

Check your sources

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards

This is what decades are hardcore partying will do. And not just minor league partying. Mike Tyson is on the level with rock stars.

He used to go on "benders" that would last 2-3 years. Cocaine, ecstasy, and booze every night.

And, he eats like shit and doesn't get good rest.

Like G said, He has lived the lives 100 men. His notch count is probably in the 1000's

Is it worth it? Only Mike knows.

One of the greatest boxers to ever live. And one of the most ferocious athletes I have ever seen.

Quote: (07-27-2011 02:02 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

One of the greatest boxers to ever live. And one of the most ferocious athletes I have ever seen.

Yeah. At his prime, he was the most frightening man on the planet.

Look at 4:00 in, lol.

I don't think Mike Tyson looks too bad, especially for being 45. The person who I think looks very bad for their (reported) age is the talk show host Chelsea Handler. That old whore claims she is 35 years old. There is no way she is only 35! (I could believe 45 or 50, but not 35.) If she is really only 35, then she's aging worse than anyone!!

"What are you talking about, bruv? There are many boxers that look absolutely fine, Bernard Hopkins, Lennox Lewis..etc..it's the drugs, mate, it's the drugs. Check your sources"

check out this documentary http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcZPxFQIxvg

I met this boxer once, Milford Kemp, google him, he told me that "Most boxers are addicted to pain because deep down they hate themselves, boxing is slow self-destruction".

I think he switched to the vegan diet. For some reason certain people who switch to that diet turn into nothing but skin and bones.

Boxing is dying anyway. Tyson was the most exciting thing to happen to boxing ever. Better than Ali.

Tyson is a legend and he does not look that bad at all, just the weight loss from the new diet makes him look to thin.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

"Tyson was the most exciting thing to happen to boxing ever. Better than Ali."

False.

Ali was the most recognizable man on the planet and greatest sportsman of the last century.

Tyson wasn't even the best of his generation.

Holyfield was.

Quote: (07-29-2011 10:41 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

"Tyson was the most exciting thing to happen to boxing ever. Better than Ali."

False.

Ali was the most recognizable man on the planet and greatest sportsman of the last century.

Tyson wasn't even the best of his generation.

Holyfield was.

Yea but Mike was more exciting to watch than Holyfield. He filled seats.

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards

Glad you conceded the "Better than Ali." part.

"Mike was more exciting to watch than Holyfield" and "He filled seats." are really two different points all together.

I will grant you the "he filled seats part".

And sure he as an exciting fighter to watch.

(Which of course is subjective. He was certainly a "easy" fighter to watch for the novice boxing fan).

However, how many great fights did he truly have?

Most of his fights were a real disappointment to watch. ie, quick KO, or a fighter constantly tying him up for 12 rounds.

Most of the fights during his prime were real snoozefests. (The Buster Douglas fight was sensational of course, but that is because of the magnitude of the upset.)

In fact, probably his two most exciting fights were with Holyfield, in a losing effort.

* "snoozefest" might be a little harsh.

I didn't say most recognizable or famous. I said most exciting. In that respect he was better than Ali. Tyson was an aggro Ali on meth. Most feared heavyweight of all time. Arguably the best inside left hook ever. In his prime, he would beat guys even before they stepped in the ring with him. The buzz around Tyson was much stronger than the buzz around Ali. He was so much more interesting to watch than Ali, because he was so crazy. Motherfucker spent 6 figures a year on his pigeons.

Ali was not the greatest, he just always said he was and people believed it because he was so charismatic.

Ali was entertaining to watch and did great interviews, don't get me wrong. But for pure raw entertainment no one beats Tyson.

If they were cities, Ali would be Berkeley, CA. Refined, educated, fun. He is more G's style and I could see why he likes him so much.

Tyson would be Bangkok. Dirty, gritty, and could rip out your soul if you aren't careful.

In the end, it's more of a matter of preference. I will always think Tyson is the most exciting fighter of all time. Others will think Ali. Others will say Marciano. Others will say Pacman. The list goes on and on.

Ugslayer, if Ali wasn't the greatest, who was? How do you determine the best? What of Ali's track record? Does it count for nowt?

Speaking of Tyson's wild shyt, let's not forget how much he spent on Bengalese tigers loll.

I can't forget when he came to UK to fight some guy (can't remember the guy's name). This was when he was just recently out of jail for the Desiree mishap.
He spent a cool million plus (pounds) on diamonds and jewellery and shyt.
Tyson = BMF (Blowing Money Fast)..Big Meech

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards

"I said most exciting."

See my post above.

"Most feared heavyweight of all time."

False.

Sonny Liston and George Foreman were. (Coincidentally, both lost to who?)

"Arguably the best inside left hook ever."

Arguable for sure. I think Joe Frazier might want to have a word with you. Or Joe Louis.

"In his prime, he would beat guys even before they stepped in the ring with him."

Sure did. Many guys did. Ali was of course the master of doing this to people who did it to everyone else.

"The buzz around Tyson was much stronger than the buzz around Ali."

False.

Ali was the most recognizable Man on earth. Not most recognizable boxer. Not most recognizable athlete. Most recognizable Man.

"He was so much more interesting to watch than Ali, because he was so crazy."

People said Ali was crazy when giving up his prime to go to prison for what he believed in.

"Ali was not the greatest, he just always said he was and people believed it because he was so charismatic."

He won the Heavyweight title three times. What more do you want?

I would study up on Ali. You will have a different opinion.

Well, he is the same guy that said boxing is dead. It might not be as popular but it won't ever die. I wouldn't be surprised if that ufc shit died down in the near future.

That's cool that you're so passionate about Ali. Like I said, you'll have your opinion and I'll have mine. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

When I said "best ever". It directly followed most "exciting thing to ever happen in boxing". It could have been taken as he was the best boxer ever, so I think you may have misunderstood what I was saying, which is understandable.

Now if we want to start a discussion on who was the best boxer ever, I'm sure Ali's name would definitely be in that group, but so would a lot of other boxers like Sugar Ray Robinson, Julio Cesar Chavez, Roberto Duran, Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano, the list is at least 10 strong and rankings would be debatable. Again, everyone has a different opinion when it comes to fighters so I'm sure my top ten p4p would be different than yours, but that's cool and that's what makes boxing so exciting. Or at least made it so exciting.

After Pacquiao and Mayweather fight, if that shit ever happens, boxing is dead. No one gives a shit about Klitchko and he's the biggest heavyweight draw right now. Zab Judah fought recently and nobody gave a fuck. It's sad, really, but MMA is swallowing up the talent, fans, money, venues, etc.

If boxing doesn't reform how it promotes, it will die. Believing otherwise is just wishful thinking. UFC does monthly events that have almost as many PPV buys as big boxing fights which only happen once every couple of years. And they have free events on cable television. They just bought up Strikeforce which has a deal with Showtime.

Don't get me wrong. I love boxing and I'm sad that it's gotten so ridiculous. Boxing has too many weight classes, too many promotions, too many belts. The belts mean nothing now unless you hold 5 or 6 of them. Boxers are getting too selfish demanding so much money and ducking fighters unless they have 3 or 4 belts of their own. It's ridiculous. Boxing isn't dying because boxing sucks. Boxing is dying because the system surrounding boxing sucks. MMA just has smarter business men.

Quote: (07-29-2011 11:42 AM)houston Wrote:  

Well, he is the same guy that said boxing is dead. It might not be as popular but it won't ever die. I wouldn't be surprised if that ufc shit died down in the near future.

Yea, I used to watch UFC in the 90's when they had no rules and no weight classes. I thought it was so sick. Nowadays, it seems rather trendy and you have all sorts of cauliflower eared cats on the bandwagon...

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards

I think Tyson gets underrated by the sports media because of how much of an animal he was outside of the ring. But this is also what made him so intriguing. If you saw one of his press conferences or interviews, you always knew he was gonna say some kind of crazy shit. Now he just plays with pigeons all day... you couldn't make a character like this up if you tried.

Between the mid 80s and mid 90s he was unstoppable. He would've probably beat Douglas in 1990 if he actually trained and didn't just party and fuck around in Tokyo up until right before the fight.

Tyson was a beast at his prime no doubt, however, Ali was on a different level than him or anyone else. Ali's charisma and talent were and still are unmatched. Ali had the power to stop wars in war torn countries as when he did when he went for a fight in Africa to Congo and had the soldiers of both camp watching the boxing match live seating next to each other with their weapons in front of them while both camp cheering for Ali. Unreal. If I were to make a comparison, I'd say Tyson would be Maradona and Ali, Pelé. Tyson had insane raw talent/strength and power that could take out anyone with just one punch just like Diego's left foot and acceleration were leathal. Ali had an all around much more complete package and was by far smarter than Tyson. Exactly between Maradona and Pelé. Both Maradona and Tyson let their "entourage" to basically almost ruin them and take all their money and waste it in drugs, partying and prostitutes while Pelé and Ali, thanks to their better upbringing and stronger family ties, were able to stay unaffected by the vices that come with stardom. Don King and Coppola, the respective "agent or impresario" of Tyson and Maradona milked their client to the max adn almost ruined them.

I don't know if it's true that I remember reading somewhere that Tyson, at one point, had lost it all and was so broke that he was working for a while at a car wash in NYC. Anyone knows if this is true or pure BS?

As to the most recognizable man on the planet, I'd say that Ali and Pelé are by far, not only the 2 most popular but also the 2 greatest athletes of all time. No wonder that they're both considered the King in their respective sport.