rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Spinster "writer": My daughter was sexually assaulted and it cost us $100,000

Spinster "writer": My daughter was sexually assaulted and it cost us 0,000

Been seeing this one make the rounds on FB, with the usual predictable responses:
http://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/latest...100000.ece

"We need to teach boys not to rape"
"Rapists should get more than 6 months"

etc etc ad nauseum

Some lovely details abound in this example of extreme competitive hamstering:

Quote:Quote:

In the spring of 2013, my daughter, Willa, was raped by a fellow student at her college in Washington, D.C. A freshman at the time, she did not tell anyone until a year later. Meanwhile, she developed post-traumatic stress disorder, panic attacks, depression and an addiction to alcohol. And while she chose not to file criminal charges — out of fear of being traumatized again — she struggled so much after the attack that ultimately she had to leave school.

First of all, congrats on attention-whoring through your daughter.

She developed PTSD over the course of a year because of a rape...
[Image: bullshit-1.jpg~c200]
There certainly was no rape. What's entirely likely, is Willa here got caught up in the typical higher education experience of partying and drunken sex with too many partners. PTSD? Panic attacks? Depression? Sounds like a number of young women I've been with that needed to drink before having sex.

Willa is an alcoholic slut. Not a rape victim.

The financial burdens of an attack can be overwhelming. A 2014 White House report noted that the cost to survivors (of all types, not just college students) can range from $87,000 to $240,776 per rape. While the numbers are staggering, they seem abstract until your family is the one paying the bills. In our case, they were on the higher end of the range, and included:

Someone at the White House gets paid to generate these "reports"?
Fuck, we need Trump BAD.

$105,000 Cost of three years of lost wages, starting now, that Willa would have earned if she had graduated on time in May. I’m assuming that a college-educated woman would have earned at least $35,000 a year.

35k/year. Let me guess; electrical engineer? Business administration? Neurosurgeon? For 35k a year I'm guessing Art History Major working part time as a Starbucks barista. For fuck's sake the servers I work with make 60-80k per year with zero education required.

$40,000 Cost of lost wages, me. This is also an estimate, but during the time that Willa struggled with severe PTSD, I had to turn down assignments, cancel trips and take days off to care for her.

Loss of $40k over 3 years...if this isn't a case against being a mainstream media writer then I don't know what is.

$23,491.98 Cost of a 45-day stay at a residential treatment center for trauma and addiction (the latter of which Willa developed after her assault, as a way to numb the pain). The upfront cost was $54,300, and Willa’s dad and I had to cover this. We received $30,808.02 in reimbursement from our insurance company.

$23,400 Cost of a six-month addiction rehab after-care program, which included $1,900 per month for living expenses, and $12,000 to cover the remainder of our annual health insurance deductible. The program accepted our insurance for the rest.

$22,408.68 Cost of lost tuition for one semester, one attempted semester and one summer school session that she attended, all after her attack. During this time, Willa earned credit for just one class. Life is wildly complex, so I can’t say with certainty that Willa’s sexual assault caused her academic decline. Before the rape, however, she had a 3.6 grade point average and was on the dean’s list. After it, she routinely earned F’s and incompletes. As she struggled through these last three semesters, we paid $23,528.68 (and also received financial aid). For the last summer session, the school reimbursed us $1,120.

Alcohol is a hell of a drug. How nice to have a scapegoat in the form of an anonymous young man somewhere to blame your daughter's alcoholism on. The lack of accountability here is astonishing.

$12,328.71 Cost of therapists’ bills, for our daughter to see four different therapists as we tried to find the right match. We paid $20,546, and insurance reimbursed us $8,217.29.

$8,400 Approximate cost of travel for me, for three emergency trips to Washington from my home in California, and four trips to Arizona, where our daughter went to rehab.

$4,823.98 Cost of psychiatrists’ bills, for Willa to see two psychiatrists. We paid $6,985, and insurance reimbursed us $2,161.02.

$3,630 Cost of attention-deficit disorder testing. Before Willa told anyone about the rape, she was unable to concentrate on her studies, and asked to be tested for A.D.D. The upfront cost was $3,750; insurance reimbursed us $120.

$1,840.28 Cost, after insurance reimbursement, of the several trips Willa took to the emergency room for panic attacks.

$250 Cost of a visit to a dermatologist, unreimbursed by insurance, for a “hair loss” consult, after Willa lost half her hair from stress.

The amount of outpouring of support for this financially irresponsible psycho is shocking to me. Actually, it isn't. PTSD, ADD, you sure that's it Supermom? So nice to know that Obamacare is being used responsibly here. To think that millions of Americans are penalized for not buying into a Healthcare plan when money is being used like this for damaged-goods party sluts that belong firmly in the reject pile.

I should be clear: I would have done anything, made any financial sacrifices, to see the light again in my daughter’s eyes (which is there now, thanks to Willa’s hard work and the many caring professionals who helped her). I recently went through a divorce, however, and my former husband and I are writers, not investment bankers. These are big costs for us; at times, we had to borrow from family or retirement funds, or use proceeds from the sale of the house we gave up in the divorce.

A-HA! NOW we get to the meat of the article. The lost light in a girl's eyes...have we discussed that before? The dead stare? The 1,000 cock stare? Mom here recently went through a divorce and sold the house this girl grew up in. Let me guess, there was no spark in the marriage anymore, dad has no balls, daughter has no solid father figure. I'm just going out on a limb here.

But there's no possible way that has anything to do with this girl's mental issues. Zero. None.

This fall, Willa will start her sophomore year, at the age of 22, at a different school. In addition to tuition, we’ll be paying $3,500 a month for her to live in a sober dorm nearby. It’s approximately $25,000 more than we would have spent if she lived in a regular dorm for two semesters, but the structured environment will provide the extra care and support she needs as she returns to a place she’s hesitant to go: a college campus.

22 and a sophomore to land that sweet sweet gig at Starbuck's. Ouch. This deluded hamster needs to take a serious account of possibilities for her daughter, rather than writing her a blank check to make more terrible decisions.

Also, $3,500 a month to live in a fucking dorm? Does that include a private chef and maid service? $3,500 a month in L.A. gets you a sick 2 bedroom apartment in Marina Del Rey with hardwood floors like this one. GTFO with that shit, when I was 22 I shared an apartment for $450/month that I paid myself.

This article is a prime example of exactly what's wrong in this country today on so many fronts. First step in Making America Great Again is not giving a voice or credibility to utter nonsense like this drivel. For what it's worth I would love to see a hit piece on ROK on this "writer":

[Image: Screen-Shot-2013-07-03-at-4.10.57-PM.png]

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

"Muuuuuuuum. I need some more money!"
---"Is this for your treatment, honey?"
"What? Oh... yeah. It's the whole rape thing. The rapeyness. It just won't go away..."
---"Oh my poor, sweet, innocent baby. I'll call your father and have him write a cheque. Who should he make it out to?"
"Umm, cash. It's this new rape Doctor and they... umm... say they haven't got their accounts set up yet so it's cash only for the moment..."

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

I like your use of the word "spinster." Notice how women have "culturally appropriated" the word "bachelor" into "bachelorette" as everyone knows being a single male means total freedom and endless economic opportunities, whereas being a single woman often means.......

"In the spring of 2013, my daughter, Willa, was raped by a fellow student at her college in Washington, D.C. A freshman at the time, she did not tell anyone until a year later."

If you choose to believe she lied, that's bad. The only thing worse is if she was telling the truth.

Because if she was, that means there is now a rapist running free.

Why wouldn't the parents or any trained professional bring this up? Why would no one tell her she has to inform the police because the guy could rape again?

There is enough legal apparatus in place that victims don't get victimized by the court system like they used to. And since she's not attending the college anymore, it's not like she's around the guy day-to-day.

If the girl is spending that much time telling her folks and therapists about this, it's not like she's too ashamed to discuss it.

I'm not getting why anyone in this situation would spend countless dollars on therapists and the like, but not spend a few thousand on a lawyer and get this into the legal system -- where it belongs. Letting the situation play out like this is irresponsible parenting. Unless, of course, what the guy did didn't meet the legal definition of rape. Then it's a different story.

Think about how insane it is that she spent $100,000 on this and what it implies. Meaning that in American, the cost of therapy for one chick having drunk sex and regretting it is now worth the collective wages of hundreds of adult Peruvian laborers, feeding hundreds of hungry mouths. That's just fucking pathetic, and I proudly do not give a shit.

I was listening to Camille Paglia and she really hit the nail on the head with what's going on these days on campuses: the institutionalization of neurosis. Women are already emotionally hypersensitive but if the goal was to create robust, emotionally stable people then this sort of shit wouldn't be happening. Instead they're encouraged to wallow in their unpleasant experiences, encouraged to make mountains out of mole hills, and rewarded with sympathy for behaving like unhinged sluts. The favoured language ("rape culture," "victim blaming," "slut shaming," etc) all runs counter to emotional stability and maturity. Girls are going to university and regressing. They come out the other end more like unaccountable children with emotional issues than they were going in.

Quote: (06-27-2016 08:50 AM)Veloce Wrote:  

In the spring of 2013, my daughter, Willa, was raped by a fellow student at her college in Washington, D.C. A freshman at the time, she did not tell anyone until a year later. Meanwhile, she developed post-traumatic stress disorder, panic attacks, depression and an addiction to alcohol. And while she chose not to file criminal charges — out of fear of being traumatized again — she struggled so much after the attack that ultimately she had to leave school.

Having your mom make money off of your "rape" isn't re-traumatizing? Talking about it incessantly to any shrink who will listen isn't? Explaining to everyone why you're in the alcoholic special dorm isn't?

Come on, this chick and her mom are probably talking about it with anyone who'll listen. It's probably become her defining characteristic - like the way gays or vegans or crossfit trainers can't stop talking about their little snowflakeness.

I see many instances of parents pouring infinite money on their daughters after high school without any common sense. Spoil them more seems to be the governing philosophy. It ends in a spectacular crash with their first job or marriage.

Rape Insurance!!!

If someone wants to put together a business plan for this, I'd be willing to invest.

What's a few extra student loan dollars to know that all your PTSD treatment is covered.

This is a gold mine.

Aloha!

Quote: (06-27-2016 11:12 PM)Kona Wrote:  

Rape Insurance!!!

If someone wants to put together a business plan for this, I'd be willing to invest.

What's a few extra student loan dollars to know that all your PTSD treatment is covered.

This is a gold mine.

Aloha!

"Miss, we will be more than happy to honour your claim as soon as the rape in question is proven by gaining a conviction against the alleged offender."

[Image: lol.gif]

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

I wish we could put our replies, or our own women hit pieces in the mainstream media with the regularity and ease that feminists have access to it.

Posters like the OP would annihilate the crap that goes on, as above.

Quote: (06-28-2016 02:17 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

Rape Insurance!!!

This is a gold mine.

Aloha!

"Miss, we will be more than happy to honour your claim as soon as the rape in question is proven by gaining a conviction against the alleged offender."

All they have to do is have a police report with the full rape kit.

There will be a 5k deductible, after that all medical and psychological services are covered. We'll even provide legal representation to assist with civil suits, and to help deal with the cops.

We will then offer prepaid legal services to male students accused of rape.

It will be the same as dorm/renters or student medical insurance. Everybody will have to have it.

The only name I can think of so far is Rapeco, or SAINSCO. That's all i got.

Aloha!

Quote: (06-28-2016 06:36 PM)Kona Wrote:  

Quote: (06-28-2016 02:17 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

Rape Insurance!!!

This is a gold mine.

Aloha!

All they have to do is have a police report with the full rape kit.

There will be a 5k deductible, after that all medical and psychological services are covered. We'll even provide legal representation to assist with civil suits, and to help deal with the cops.

We will then offer prepaid legal services to male students accused of rape.

It will be the same as dorm/renters or student medical insurance. Everybody will have to have it.

The only name I can think of so far is Rapeco, or SAINSCO. That's all i got.

Regretsafe™

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (06-28-2016 09:45 PM)Suits Wrote:  

Regretsafe™
Rapebusters - "We're ready to believe you!"

I wonder if rape is just about getting attention. It seems to be that way. But more and more, we have become a society that celebrates victims more than it celebrates heroes. We need to celebrate men and women who accomplish great things. This will inspire others to become great as well.

Quote: (10-16-2016 04:17 PM)puckerman Wrote:  

I wonder if rape is just about getting attention. It seems to be that way. But more and more, we have become a society that celebrates victims more than it celebrates heroes. We need to celebrate men and women who accomplish great things. This will inspire others to become great as well.

I've noticed that women are usually only declared "brave", "strong", etc when they've survived something traumatic, not when they've achieved some form of greatness.

It's because it takes so much less effort to get attention and praise for surviving a fake-rape than it does to earn a doctorate.

If I was famous, I'd make a video response to this twat hamster rape hysteria responding "Who the Fuck Cares?"

People losing their jobs, people in Flint Michigan drinking water that is more contaminated than water in war zone Somalia, thousands of 10-year-old females in corrupt regimes are forced at gunpoint to make clothing for American women...

But a privileged woman who can afford over 100,000$ cash on her daughter after a night of drunk sex is viewed as a "victim"?

Ain't no one got time for dat...

[Image: 4bb3e3b2ce89cc694b762bdf0c957647.jpg]

"post-traumatic stress disorder, panic attacks, depression and an addiction to alcohol"

Sounds like every snowflake's problem at college.

PTSD = daddy isn't here to make everything go away immediately. It takes a few more days, and the university administration tries its best to mollycoddle me, but I need more, immediate support telling me everything will be ok. That Guatemalan I clipped with my Audi A6 driving home from the frat party really made me scared...about my future. OMG, like, if he would have died, I would, like, couldn't go to Europe until after graduation.

Panic Attacks = I'm the next Marissa Mayer/Elizabeth Holmes rolled into one, bitch. My group of super sweet Chinese or Japanese or whatever lol and Indian friends (they're sooo cute muuuah lolol) won all the Robotics awards in high school. What? My individual project is got a D? WTF?!?!? My professor is soooo a virgin I'm sure. Oh no! Midterms are next week it's not a group presentation!

Depression = I'm not brilliant. These classes are too hard. I didn't come to college to spend all my time working. I'm changing majors to Gender Studies. What's that? Every failure I've encountered has been out of hands and the responsibility of the patriarchy? And there's nothing we can do against the tide of female oppression shown in forms of less poverty, more college degrees, more medical research and funding, innocent until proven guilty in the legal court and court of public opinion. It's a bleak future that none of us has control against.

Alcoholism = I'm not pretty anymore.

Quote: (06-29-2016 12:14 AM)Captainstabbin Wrote:  

Quote: (06-28-2016 09:45 PM)Suits Wrote:  

Regretsafe™
Rapebusters - "We're ready to believe you!"

I'm happy this thread came back up.

Has anyone written up a plan for the rape insurance company?

Uncle Kona's Rape Insurance isn't a very catchy name, its a working title.

Consentico? Rapeway?

Please help. If there's a crowd funding expert, as well as a marketing dude let's here your thought.

Aloha!

Snowflake Insurance LTD

Quote: (10-16-2016 04:31 PM)Captainstabbin Wrote:  

I've noticed that women are usually only declared "brave", "strong", etc when they've survived something traumatic, not when they've achieved some form of greatness.

It's because it takes so much less effort to get attention and praise for surviving a fake-rape than it does to earn a doctorate.

That's because these women are simply human ammunition used by the wreckers of western civilisation.

They get loaded into the catapult. Someone pats them on the shoulder. "So brave..."
The cord is cut and they launch into the air. For a brief moment they reach the apex of their flight. Everyone can see them. So much attention! So brave!.

Then, they plummet and slam into the fortress walls, dislodging another brick and falling into the murky obscurity of the moat below, irreparably damaged and of no further use.

Soros signals for the catapult to be reloaded, and they trawl for another woman to come forward and be...

...so brave.

If her daughter was truly raped she should have reported it to the police... why wait 1 year?

The woman just needs something or someone to blame for her daughters problems.

Quote: (10-17-2016 04:18 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

That's because these women are simply human ammunition used by the wreckers of western civilisation.

They get loaded into the catapult. Someone pats them on the shoulder. "So brave..."
The cord is cut and they launch into the air. For a brief moment they reach the apex of their flight. Everyone can see them. So much attention! So brave!.

[Image: giphy.gif]

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung