rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Haircuts - How much $$ and how often?

Like the title says, how much are you guys spending per cut/trim and how often are you getting your hair "done?"

It's not as much the dollar amount you spend, but finding someone who cuts your hair the way you like it and then going back to that same person. In my experience, men seem to do a better job of cutting other men's hair.

My hair has all kinds of cowlicks so it has to be cut a certain way or it grows out uneven. Took me like a year to find someone good.

After a haircut is finished, if you look in the mirror and say to yourself, "ahh oh well it'll grow out in a few weeks and look better" then that means you should keep looking for someone else to cut your hair.

You have to wear your hair every day so why not make sure it looks as best as it can? I spend $55 plus tip about every six weeks.

around once a month for 18€. but thats only the cut. i refuse to pay more for any unnecessary extras like gel, conditioner, etc.

but i go to the same one every time and he knows whats up.

Do you guys have different experiences with male/female hairdressers? In my experience males do a way better job

Your location is going to impact the price, but I think it's reasonable for a man to pay $40 and up for a quality cut. If you're trying to not only look professional for work, but also more attractive to the opposite sex -- you don't want to go to a place like Fantastic Sam's or Supercuts, where you'll likely have your hair hacked up by recent beauty school grads. I'd advocate finding a quality barber shop, they still exist and if you find a nice one, the ambience is pretty cool, too. It's one of the few places in modern times you can go and find only men. Barbers are professional, but if an F-bomb drops while cutting your hair or giving you a shave, no one's "offended".

As for how often you should go, it depends on what look you're going after. Obviously, a nice fade would have to be attended to on a more regular basis. They'll tell you to come back every four-to-six weeks, but that's really not necessary if you're just looking for the occasional clean up and not a high-maintenance style. Barbers/stylists only say that so they can continue to pay the rent.

You might think hair products are a rip-off, and some are, but there's a world of difference between how your hair will feel if you wash it with a quality shampoo versus some Suave crap you picked up in the discount aisle at the supermarket. It's worth the few extra bucks.

Been cutting my own hair since I was 19. So whatever a pair of clippers and guards cost spread over 4 years.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

I get my hair cut once a month for $25 + $5 tip.
I use a set of clippers, scissors, and trimmers with all the accessories to maintain things in between haircuts.

Interesting thread. I pay £10 once a week for a trim. My barber actually only charges £6 and I always tip him. I keep telling him to raise his prices.

A fresh haircut for a man is a cheap and convenient way to dramatically improve and maintain an attractive appearance.

$12 USD plus $2 tip once a month for a local traditional Barber Cut and Foam straight razor shave around the ears and back of the neck.

In winter I let it grow longer and Trim my own hair with the fingers hold and trimmer method - can go three months or so between barber visits and still not look too shaggy.

Lots of new latino, urban and White Man beard shops popping up for $16 to $20 cuts with a free bud beer plus tip of course.

The Man beard look full beard plus a German SS Army cut - close buzz cut around ears and neck with longer 6 to 8 inch Gel held hair combed back and to one side on top quite popular as well.

Quote: (06-17-2016 10:44 AM)TheFinalEpic Wrote:  

Been cutting my own hair since I was 19. So whatever a pair of clippers and guards cost spread over 4 years.

Awesome! I have also been cutting my own hair for about the same amount of time as you, last 3 to 4 years.
It is a very enjoyable hobby and you learn a lot about yourself doing this. Takes a steady hand/keen eye and is actually a skill that develops over time.
When I cut my hair now, the cut is so much faster and nicer looking than when I first started.
Looks way better than the ones I use to pay for and I can touch it up whenever/however I want.

I'm still working to improve at cutting the back of my head hair, gets tricky doing the hand-mirror/bath-mirror thing.

Once a month, I pay around 10 Euro, + tip.

Since my hair is a huge asset to me, I only allow stylists to come near it.

I go to same dude every time, he does a great fade. $20 and I tip $5-10.

Here in Mexico I spend about $1 USD on a haircut. Of course, the place has a sign saying that children with lice are not accepted.

Even back in the US, I never noticed a strong connection between quality and price in haircuts. I tell them to cut it a certain way, avoiding my cowlick, but they don't. I try again somewhere else and get the same result. More expensive cuts just take longer.

$12. Low taper once every 2 months or so.

Did the low fade for 28 years only recently did I discover the low taper looks better IMO.

Nothing under $40 dollars. Including shampoo and scalp massage. I'm growing my hair out so I go about once a month. If you've got short hair, once every 2 weeks.

$18 plus tip, every 2 to 3 weeks.

$20 bucks plus occasional tip to my friend who is a stylist and owns her own salon.

What I get:

Haircut that makes me look good.
Fun conversation ([Image: gay.gif] but actually I do enjoy talking to her. Last time I talked politics and it was damn fun)
Cold beer
Straight razor to the back of the neck
Shampoo/scalp massage

The only downside is she moved. Her salon used to be within walking distance.

Read My Old Blog - Subscribe To My Old Blog
Top Posts - Fake Rape? - Sex With A Tranny? - Rich MILF - What is a 9?

"Failure is just practice for success"

I cut my own hair. I've always hated the annoying small talk you're forced to engage in at hair salons.

I cut my own hair as well, once or twice a week, I like my bald fade to stay bald so if I have to line up the back of my neck its time for a reup. I paid around 120CAD for a good set of clippers and liners, and use an old Gillette DE razor for balding and to finish up the line ups.

Doing a bald fade on yourself has got to be really tough. Do most barbers even cut their own hair? Mine takes at least 10 minutes just on my fade.

$15-20 AUD every 2 weeks. I use to cut my own hair using clippers for a few years, but recently realised I look better with the top longer and sides faded and blended in.

For the record, most barbers are absolutely clueless when it comes to the bald fade. There always ends up being some kind of line.

$9 + $3 tip, every 2-3 weeks.

I saw signs for uber cheap haircuts posted in my local city's Chinatown, and the ambulance chaser part of me said "I gotta check these out". Turns out they did a good job so I've kept going back :-)

15 USD every 3-4 weeks. My hair actually looks better cut down since it's curly but never actually gets very long.

After a lot of trial and error I found this Russian guy who charges me 15$. Great conversations about girls, Russia and el amigo Putin and great military haircut.

A little advice for my balding friends out there keep your hair short.

Nah Adrenaline, I know a real bald fade, thays why I cant imagine doing a real one yourself, especially on the back.

I cut my own hair, once a week on Monday mornings.

You can buy this basic kit on Amazon ($22) and it should be all that you'll ever need.

I get up early on Monday and use a 22mm clip, and spending 10-15 minutes cutting my hair in a basic, easy style. It looks really good. I keep it short and simple.

It automates the process. I don't even think about it, it just happens and I don't have to worry about - worry about when I'll need to get a haircut, when I should go, etc.

Unless you want a specific style of haircut that a professional should be doing for you, I don't see why going to a hair salon/hair shop is, on the whole, more beneficial than cutting your own hair once a week. You save money, time, and worry. Cutting your own hair is not hard if you just use the basic 22mm clip, and run the clipper over your head in various places for 5-10 minutes. Afterward, sweep up the floor and step into the shower. I take a cold shower after I cut my hair and I feel great when it's all done.