rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Modern Propaganda

Modern Propaganda

Does anyone else have a problem with the state of modern propaganda?
Do you not look at it and just think to yourself; "this is fucking trite?"
Its condescending, and, from my experience, tries to tell you what you should be thinking. Which is just bad propaganda!
The best way to run a propaganda machine is to convince people that theyre making their own decisions. Thats just common sense. If you believe something because someone has told you to, there will always be a measure of doubt, if you believe something because, in youre mind, you came to that conclusion yourself, even if it was influenced by someone else, youll be much more dedicated to that idea.
I'm not saying that i want better propaganda, undoubtedly it would be used to push narratives that are trying to be (depressingly with some measure of success) pushed already, just that i expect better.
What are your thoughts?

Modern Propaganda

It's all about the money - advertising, entertainment, news media, etc doesn't care if it's dumbing people down; most of it is sensationalist and misinformative, designed to appeal to people with low attention span, or to people who just need something to blame for why their lives are so crappy; which is essentially what the entire "social justice" fad is about - selling blame.

There's no money to be made in teaching people real values or telling them to think for themselves, because if they did they wouldn't be interested in 90% of the crappy products on the market.

In a way this mirrors with government, particularly the left-wing. This is why the majority of 'welfare' programs do very little to help a person get back on their feet, but rather just provided them guaranteed govt support for life.
Since if it actually helped them live independently they wouldn't need to depend on govt or democratic votes.

My personal solution is just to avoid the media as much as possible and be selective about what I consume; I don't even own a TV or cable, I use the internet to select what shows or movies I want to watch, and where to get my news.

I'm a big 'self help' literature fan, but self-help today is a billion dollar industry with many no-name 'gurus' churning out generic books filled with vapid advice; so when it comes to literature I look for authors who'd been around for ages before the modern media complex, such as ancient philosophers like Confucius or Aristotle.

Rarely listen to the radio either; personal opinion is that music was better circa the 80s and before, so I turn to free music apps like Spotify to get my fix instead of forcing myself to sit through the latest Nicki Minaj or Justin Bieber hit produced for 13 year old girls.

Modern Propaganda

manufacturing consent by chomsky

relevant.

Modern Propaganda

One of the most salient quotes about this is by Theodore Dalrymple (I think that this has been discussed elsewhere in the forum):

Quote:Quote:

In my study of communist societies, I came to the conclusion that the purpose of communist propaganda was not to persuade or convince, not to inform, but to humiliate; and therefore, the less it corresponded to reality the better. When people are forced to remain silent when they are being told the most obvious lies, or even worse when they are forced to repeat the lies themselves, they lose once and for all their sense of probity. To assent to obvious lies is...in some small way to become evil oneself. One's standing to resist anything is thus eroded, and even destroyed. A society of emasculated liars is easy to control. I think if you examine political correctness, it has the same effect and is intended to.

You can find Dalrymple's articles, which often address this theme, at Taki's Magazine. Of course he was originally studying communist countries, but, not surprisingly, the strategy applies just as well, or even better, in today's degenerate PC society.

Those in the upper half of IQ curve may come to the same conclusion that you do -- that this constant, puerile need to overtly beat society over the head with the same messages over and over again, across every aspect of our culture cannot possibly be effective -- but I suppose the left knows what it's doing. Many people don't want to make their own decisions, or are incapable of doing so, and would rather gravitate toward socially correct conclusions (that's true of almost all women and a large proportion of men).

And the left has succeeded in setting the tone for what we are allowed to express and even think, sanctioned by loss of career and social standing. This is really the definition of totalitarianism: politicization of everything through gaslighting and infantilizing the population.

We often talk here about a potential backlash as our cultural programmers overplay their hands. But recent experience gives me little hope that that will happen. Election of Donald Trump would be a nice salvo, but I think that our society is too far gone for him to have a lasting impact, especially as he and his supporters get mercilessly demonized throughout his term.

Modern Propaganda

Well to jump start this thread again Aaron Cleary aka Captain Capitalism recently just put this video out.

It seems the leftists of Hollywood are getting desperate, pushing a rallying cry to remotivate the low moral of their commrads. More drivel they are trying to push down the throats of regular Americans who are tired of it.

Chicago Tribe.

My podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr and Cobra.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic

Modern Propaganda

The early 20th century appeared to be the age of blatant propaganda. After a few decades, people started to be aware of it, and we're able to take it into account and think around it. Eventually governments stopped trying to use it so much, because it really wasn't working. The propaganda industry evolved into the modern public relations and advertising industries, and consumers can see these for what they are.

This is the current narrative, but I question it. First of all, 90% of the population accepts the worldview that's instilled in them with little reflection. Clearly this modern worldview has been designed by cultural marxists and a uniform message has been taught by media, schools, corporations, and Hollywood. The educated elite has absorbed this narrative even more that the commoners, despite the fact that their greater intelligence should allow more independent thought ND discernment.

I think the modern world is more steeped in propaganda than the usual examples of mid 20th century Germany or the USSR.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

Modern Propaganda

Quote: (11-22-2016 09:39 AM)RoastBeefCurtains4Me Wrote:  

I think the modern world is more steeped in propaganda than the usual examples of mid 20th century Germany or the USSR.

True, do you think that it's becoming more blatant, or just more widespread? Which makes it easier to see?

Chicago Tribe.

My podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr and Cobra.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic

Modern Propaganda

Quote: (06-13-2016 03:53 PM)ElricVorsch Wrote:  

The best way to run a propaganda machine is to convince people that theyre making their own decisions. Thats just common sense. If you believe something because someone has told you to, there will always be a measure of doubt, if you believe something because, in youre mind, you came to that conclusion yourself, even if it was influenced by someone else, youll be much more dedicated to that idea.

The propaganda machine is running just fine in the US, homeboy.

[Image: IMG_2106AA-2179.jpg]

[Image: trumpclinton.jpg]

[Image: 30BILLTRUMPjp-master675-v2.jpg]

But more importantly, WB and WB.

[Image: 160909161454-trump-clinton-3-super-169.jpg]

Modern Propaganda

Quote: (11-22-2016 06:04 PM)Snowplow Wrote:  

Quote: (11-22-2016 09:39 AM)RoastBeefCurtains4Me Wrote:  

True, do you think that it's becoming more blatant, or just more widespread? Which makes it easier to see?

I think the propaganda/public relations industry has gained experience, and has become more subtle, and more effective. I think the giant NGO foundations like the Rockefeller and the Ford foundations, and newer ones like the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, work with other power centers like the Bilderberg Group, or the Democratic think tanks. Instead of just using advertising and press releases, these groups have made a decades-long effort to infiltrate university education programs, so all teachers now view their primary purpose as instilling Social Justice values in their students. Now multiple generations have grown up in this educational environment, then have gone onto University to get education degrees of their own.

The coopting of the education system, the entertainment and media system, the non-profits, the foundations, the NGOs, the UN; all of these things are part of a comprehensive propaganda system.

So, when we see a public service ad encouraging us to view gay and lesbian couples with children as normal, it doesn't seem like blatant propaganda to most people, because it's consistent with the message they get everywhere else, from school lessons to popular sitcoms.

This same propaganda is being spread through all non-western countries right now as well, trying bring them to the same level of indoctrination that's been achieved in the West.

Hopefully, the manosphere and Trump are part of a backlash, as humanity wakes up and recognizes the line of bull they've been fed for the last 100 years.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage