rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The TV Series Thread

The TV Series Thread

I know there are separate threads on different tv shows. Right now there are myriads of series available it is hard to know what to invest time on. Any shows you recommend or dislike you can post here. I have been meaning to watch the following

Marco Polo
the Last Kingdom
New Girl

Thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

Don't debate me.

The TV Series Thread

Marco Polo has some of the hottest AZN girls outside one of those honda civic car shows. Do they have a second season yet?

The TV Series Thread

I've been watching The Americans on a binge lately. Its about sleeper KGB agents posing as a normal american couple in the 1980's.

There are nitpicks, but it's pretty good if you can suspend your disbelief during the occasional girlpower (eg woman beating up multiple male FBI agents.) They really didn't need to do this to show how 'strong' women are as they have good depictions of women seducing and manipulating men which is much more realistic.

Good spy series anyway.

The TV Series Thread

At porscheguy. The only reason I watch Marco Polo is for the hot asian chicks. And yes they have a second season.

Don't debate me.

The TV Series Thread

Peaky Blinders - if it's good enough for Snoop Dogg, it's good enough for me.

The TV Series Thread

Is anybody watching Narcos? I thought it was good. Cant wait for season 2.

Don't debate me.

The TV Series Thread

Pride male ..you speak more then one sentence??????

The TV Series Thread

^I am a man of few words.

Don't debate me.

The TV Series Thread

Person of Interest. Two episodes left of the series (went five seasons, and was allowed a proper ending as they knew the fifth would be the last one). First season is mostly procedural action/crime, though I still found even the first season great, but with the second season - and hints of it in the first - it turns very heavily serialized with a series spanning arc.

The Last Ship. Season 3 starts tonight.

Z Nation. If you might like hilariously campy, over the top and excessively gory zombie apocalypse shows. Season 3 starting in the Autumn.

The TV Series Thread

Anyone watching Black Jesus? People like it but I thought was boring.

Don't debate me.

The TV Series Thread

Watching season 2 of Marco Polo. As someone with a raging AZN fetish I have to say the lack of nudity is disappointing this season. I'm 5 episodes in and haven't seen a single titty or bare ass.

How bad is my fetish? I haven't banged a round eye in months, and I don't miss it.

The TV Series Thread

Nice thread. I am about to finish Mad Men and will need something new to watch until football season starts back. The Americans and Person of Interest sound pretty good.

For anyone with Netflix or other streaming option I'd recommend Mad Men, The Sopranos, Justified, The Shield, The Wire, and Breaking Bad if you haven't seen them, they are all better than whatever else is currently airing. Californication and Eastbound and Down are entertaining comedies worth watching as well and both have plenty of nudity.

Other than The Wire and Breaking Bad every one of these shows has strong male leads who dominate their worlds and get lots of pussy so there are many scenes that resonate with the type of guys around here.

As for current shows, I'm looking forward to Narcos S2 this summer and Longmire S5 this fall.

ETA: The Night Manager is a mini series that was released on BBC in the spring and AMC a few months ago. Only 6 episodes but a quality show.

The TV Series Thread

I've just started watching Rick and Morty. Good times.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

The TV Series Thread

Narcos is brilliant. Marco Polo has weak acting and script. Hot Asian girls are the only redeeming quality.

Don't debate me.

The TV Series Thread

In addition to the shows Chauncey mentioned, I'd throw in 24 and Fargo.

24 has a strong male lead and is the closest thing to watching an action movie on TV. There are a lot of ridiculous parts but the show is incredibly addictive and entertaining.

Fargo is a crime series. Arguably the best show on TV right now.

The TV Series Thread

^what did you think of 24s ending?

Don't debate me.

The TV Series Thread

Narcos
Person of Interest
12 Monkeys
Alone
Blacklist
Vikings
House of Lies
Suits

Also just started watching the Americans per a few posts in threads like these.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

The TV Series Thread

Recently been watching Blacklist, Bloodline
And Friday Night Lights on Netflix. I didn't think I would like Bloodline but I'm glad I stuck with it.

The TV Series Thread

Banshee is an amazing serie too. It's about an ex-con who steals the identify of a small town sheriff.

Plenty of nice fight scenes, plenty of nice women, and yeah, the protagonist fucks most of them.

Give it a try :

The TV Series Thread

I stopped watching TV shows a few years ago because of the noticeable gender shift. Only show I try to watch is "Supernatural".

The TV Series Thread

Quote: (07-02-2016 04:20 PM)Dantes Wrote:  

Recently been watching Blacklist, Bloodline
And Friday Night Lights on Netflix. I didn't think I would like Bloodline but I'm glad I stuck with it.

I saw that it had four stars on netflix but the description seemed boring (though netflix show descriptions are useless most of the time).

I'm glad you mentioned it. I'll give it a try.

Quote:Quote:

24 has a strong male lead and is the closest thing to watching an action movie on TV. There are a lot of ridiculous parts but the show is incredibly addictive and entertaining.

It's also the worst possible show to binge-watch in the world.

So many people end up being in the bad guy's pocket you're left wondering why he doesn't just walk in at episode one and say "I'm running the show, since you all work for me anyway." [Image: tard.gif]

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

The TV Series Thread

Hoenstly it's tough for me to find TV lately that doesn't bore me.

Loved shows like the Sopranos, Breaking Bad, and thought Sons of Anarchy was pretty cool; most of the other TV shows I've tried to watch within the last year or two (e.x. the Blacklist) just ended up boring me or feeling like a "seen it all before kind of thing".

Feel the same way with movies too, maybe it's just my perception but they're feeling too scripted and predictable; tried to watch the new Rocky flick but got bored within the first 30 minutes; just didn't feel a thing like the classic Rocky films to me, but I'd be willing to give it another watch.

The TV Series Thread

Quote: (07-02-2016 10:45 PM)EDantes Wrote:  

Loved shows like the Sopranos, Breaking Bad, and thought Sons of Anarchy was pretty cool; most of the other TV shows I've tried to watch within the last year or two (e.x. the Blacklist) just ended up boring me or feeling like a "seen it all before kind of thing".

Feel the same way with movies too, maybe it's just my perception but they're feeling too scripted and predictable; tried to watch the new Rocky flick but got bored within the first 30 minutes; just didn't feel a thing like the classic Rocky films to me, but I'd be willing to give it another watch.

Have you tried Better Call Saul? It's actually quite good too for those who enjoyed Breaking Bad.

Saul Goodman was my favorite character in Breaking Bad, so I'm glad they made a serie about him.

The TV Series Thread

Didnt see what was great about Sons of Anarchy. The script and the acting was sub par. I think I will rewatch Spatacus and Breaking Bad.

Don't debate me.

The TV Series Thread

Quote: (07-02-2016 10:56 PM)Soyouz Wrote:  

Quote: (07-02-2016 10:45 PM)EDantes Wrote:  

Have you tried Better Call Saul? It's actually quite good too for those who enjoyed Breaking Bad.

Saul Goodman was my favorite character in Breaking Bad, so I'm glad they made a serie about him.
I watched one episode of it and enjoyed it, I might catch up on it, thanks.

Quote: (07-02-2016 11:10 PM)Pride male Wrote:  

Didnt see what was great about Sons of Anarchy. The script and the acting was sub par. I think I will rewatch Spatacus and Breaking Bad.
I agree, I enjoy crime and 'mafia' oriented shows like the Sopranoes, so I naturally liked it - the acting overall was pretty stiff and there weren't any really memorable characters except for Ron Pearlman's character.

Haven't found one which matches the Sopranoes in terms of good acting and dialogue; Breaking Bad was more suspenseful though.