rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Guys please help-Was she LEGIT hitting on me or not necessarily?

okay guys, first things first. I want you to be BRUTALLY HONEST in responding to my question. I just want you to use your instincts and your knowledge about women to give me your HONEST OPINION on whether or not she was hitting on me.

Okay, so long story short - there is this girl at the gym I have been sporadically "checking out/staring at" whenever we are both at the gym at the same time. I think she has probably caught me "peeking at her" once or twice because I am so damn obvious when I check women out. Like I legit, just stare at them for an extended period of time. Anyway, one day last week I was on the seated row machine working out, when I look up and see her walking past. I assume she is just going to completely ignore me as she walks straight past me without missing a beat to wherever she is going, but to my utter SHOCK, she actually stops right next to me, turns to face me and says: "hi, I noticed the other day that you were wearing a UNLV (University of Nevada-Las Vegas) shirt, and I was wondering if you went to school there or if you were just a fan of the school."

I was stunned that she talked to me, so I just gave her a lame response of: "ummmm. yeah, no I just had friends who went to school there." She then remained standing next to me, smiled and said,: " oh okay, I was just curious because that is actually where I went to school." and then I responded by saying: "ummm no, I just had friends who went there." And then she just smiled and said bye and left the gym (she was already dressed and on her way out when she stopped off to talk to me as I was still working out).

So, guys, in your BRUTALLY HONEST BEST GUESS opinion was she LEGIT displaying interest in me OR was she merely curious in whether or not I went to UNLV since that was her alma mater and she doesn't run into too many people who went there? Your thoughts?

Who cares. Always go for the kill.

I'll be brutally honest. Don't over think this so much that you decide to write so much about it. You had a chance. She was interested, yes. She opened you. Nothing more happened. It's up to you to take action and ensure that something does happen.

It's interesting that you're looking to us for validation rather than asking us for actionable advice.

Looking for validation here will help you marginally. Go back to that gym and when you see her ask her out for a drink. Report back and then we can start giving you real advice. Otherwise, our "thoughts" are useless.

Cobra, so if I read your message correctly, you DEFINITELY DO THINK she was LEGIT INTERESTED IN ME? Correct?

You should have said " let's grab a coffee /( drink) and we'll talk about it. I know a great place just across the street".

If she talked to you then assume that is an IOI. Then go on a date with her and find out!

Then game on!

How did she react when you popped a boner in the squat rack?

come on CodyB, don't be troll, bro.

Assume the sale.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Fortis, yeah I get that, but I am just asking based upon your experience with women, and based upon what I described, was she legit hitting on me or not necessarily? If you had to guess.

lol! We weren't there, we don't have access to her brain, we can't be sure (no one can.) What's clear is that she walked up to you and started a conversation. Maybe she would like to get to know you, maybe she just wanted to know whether you two went to the same school, maybe she's a lesbian and lowkey hates men. We don't know. But you blew your chance to find out...that's for sure.

Quote: (06-06-2016 09:53 AM)DaveCordeiro99 Wrote:  

Fortis, yeah I get that, but I am just asking based upon your experience with women, and based upon what I described, was she legit hitting on me or not necessarily? If you had to guess.

We don't know.

And there's only one way for you to find out.

Initiate some small talk the next time you see her and then cut the conversation short because "you both need to time to do your work-outs," but suggest talking later some time.

If she says something along the lines of "sure," they say, "I don't have your contact info."

If she's interested, she's offer up a phone number.

Why are you wasting our time asking for the answer to a question that we can't possible answer with any level of worthwhile accuracy?

I'm the King of Beijing!

oh come on guys...all i want is your honest opinion on whether or not she was legit giving me an IOI or not. that's all. I thought it was a pretty straight forward question. [Image: sad.gif]

She wasn't interested in you. She was interested in your shirt.

I sense a ban coming on.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Didn't bother reading your initial post because it's irrelevant if I did or didn't. In every situation assume she's interested and roll with it until you can tell by the way she's talking that she no longer has any interest.

IOIs don't mean shit. A girl could just be doing something to fuck with you. I know plenty of cold hearted girls that wink at guys or do something else to "indicate interest" then proceed to treat them like shit for daring to talk to them for fun.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

Yes she indicated interest.

However from the tone of your post you seem to think this is a really important event. You also seem to think that it's really important to know for certain if she indicated interest. It is not. What's important is whether or not you got her contact details and have a date scheduled.

If it ever happens again (don't count on it), prolong the conversation, then ask for contact details, then schedule a date, etc. Get this obsession with the 'indication of interest' out of your head. It's not necessary, it also doesn't indicate "a sure thing", and you will get more success if you are the one opening conversations not the other way around.

You should write her a HEARTFELT love poem and have it ready in case you see her again. The most important thing is to capitalize all the letters in the words you want to EMPHASIZE.

Seriously, just read the previous posts in this thread again until you understand why everyone is saying you need to look at this situation from a different angle.

Quote: (06-06-2016 10:40 AM)Suits Wrote:  

I sense a ban coming on.

"oh come on guys...all i want is your honest opinion on whether or not she was legit giving me an IOI or not. that's all. I thought it was a pretty straight forward question."

Did someone just call 1800 444 TROLL?

you guys are mean.

Quote: (06-06-2016 10:35 AM)TornadoByProxy Wrote:  

She wasn't interested in you. She was interested in your shirt.

^^Thanks for your dose of brutal honesty, TornadoByProxy. Honestly, I assumed as much. I appreciate it.

This thread is a trip.

DaveCordeiro99 - my honest opinion is that you started this thread because you wanted someone to validate your opinion (she wasn't interested in you) and not because your wanted to know the truth or learn anything

why do you say that, birthdaycat?

[Image: troll.gif]

"When in chaos, speak truth." - Jordan Peterson

The forum is drowning in content regarding what you might have done in the situation.
Your overall tone here comes across a bit suspect.
Perhaps not a definitive smoking gun analysis but I'll just leave this here.

Quote: (06-06-2016 01:50 PM)DaveCordeiro99 Wrote:  

why do you say that, birthdaycat?

A girl approached you and you didn't make a move so rather than accept that you handled that situation poorly, you rationalize that she wasn't interested in you and you seek validation from others to confirm that idea.

What is also likely is that you are a female, you went to talk to a guy at a gym, and he didn't make a move on you. Rather than accept that he wasn't interested in you, you rationalize that he didn't realize you were flirting with him and you seek validation from others to confirm that idea.