rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Recognizing people on the street from back then

I want to get guys from the forum's take on this.

When I was younger, I wasn't too socially saavy - outgoing, yeah, but a bit of a dork and fuck-up. I recognize that.

In addition, I went to a very upper class high school - imagine Andover or St. Paul's. All the kids were incredibly spoiled, but really loaded and great networks - basically, they are the aristocracy in this country (I live in a small european country). Despite high intelligence, no street smarts, I couldn't talk the talk. I was definitely shunned.

We all live in the same city, so I run into these cats all the time. I lost my opportunity to make friends with them when I was a kid, too bad - I'm not going to beat myself up about it.

But what now when I see them all the time? I've come far in the world since then, so these days I can carry myself with confidence. But if you've got yourself in a negative box up in people's minds, that's nothing you can change.

I remember just about any face, so I always recognize them when I'm out. it's a small city, at least for people who have class and style, so I'll bump into some of them just about anywhere. Do I ignore them unless they stop me? Or do I try make verbal contact if I walk past them?

Open to ideas.

leave town

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

That's not an option right now.

Find an in.

Find the guy who'd overlook your past, and thinks you are a cool guy now, and will be your friend. Re-meet the others through him. With him to vouch for you, your chances of being accepted are much better.

OK. Sounds like you're suggesting just ignore most of them unless or until re-introduced. I'd go with that.

Most people don't really give a fuck about how you were back in the day. People grow and change.

It seems like you're afraid of falling into old behavior patterns when you see them or having their perception of you overtake your new identity. Don't worry about that shit and be friendly and have a good time. Be unreactive to their presence, and that means don't actively ignore them because you were a loser back in high school. If you have a strong sense of self, it won't matter what you were like years ago.