rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Counter intelligence: strategy and tactics

I've been doing some research on COINTELPRO and FBI infiltration. It seems like they are known to subvert any group that shows anti government leanings, even if they profess non violence.

Do you know of any resources (books, articles, videos) aimed to defend against infiltration and spying? I'm certain that the manosphere and alt right is on the FBI's radar.

There is a sub-sect of the upper echelon patriot/2A/prepper movements that has some former intel guys who blog on intel collection. Some of them have books, podcasts, and even do classes, have mock FTX's based on actual events, etc. Hope these help, they are more geared toward collection, but you can work backwards from that pretty easily.

Forward Observer
Western Rifle Shooters Association Edit: This is more of an aggregator blog but they have a pretty legit blogroll.

Quote: (06-04-2016 11:34 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

I've been doing some research on COINTELPRO and FBI infiltration. It seems like they are known to subvert any group that shows anti government leanings, even if they profess non violence.

Do you know of any resources (books, articles, videos) aimed to defend against infiltration and spying? I'm certain that the manosphere and alt right is on the FBI's radar.

It may seem trivial, but, to understand spying, a first step would be, reading the phenomenal John Le Carre. (Allegedly) a former high-ranking "spy" himself, Le Carre is THE man when it comes to vulgarizing intelligence activities and people.

Note that a female ex-head of the MI5 (lady S. Rimington) tried to write books "similar" to Le Carre's, and, in my opinion, mostly failed, infusing her books with political-correctness and feminine lovey-dovey stuff. Still, Rimington's books might be of interest pertaining to modern surveillance techniques. Just put aside her (sometimes annoying) sugarcoated love-plots within the plot...

Another great, well-informed writer on surveillance and counter-intelligence things, is (Israel-friendly) Daniel Silva, who (maybe?) was a Mossad guy when posted as a UPI Middle-East correspondent.

PM'ing

Quote: (06-04-2016 12:28 PM)Going strong Wrote:  

It may seem trivial, but, to understand spying, a first step would be, reading the phenomenal John Le Carre. (Allegedly) a former high-ranking "spy" himself, Le Carre is THE man when it comes to vulgarizing intelligence activities and people.

Le Carre's real name is David John Moore Cornwell (he published as Le Carre because he was still working for the government at the time, who forbade agents publishing under their own names). It's not certain whether he was a high-ranking spy, but he certainly was a spy: his MI5 and MI6 service are both matters of public record, accessible in his Wiki bio. His cover was blown by Philby turning over British assets' names to the KGB.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

Quote: (06-05-2016 05:42 AM)Paracelsus Wrote:  

Quote: (06-04-2016 12:28 PM)Going strong Wrote:  

Le Carre's real name is David John Moore Cornwell (he published as Le Carre because he was still working for the government at the time, who forbade agents publishing under their own names). It's not certain whether he was a high-ranking spy, but he certainly was a spy: his MI5 and MI6 service are both matters of public record, accessible in his Wiki bio. His cover was blown by Philby turning over British assets' names to the KGB.

His cover was blown by Philby turning over British assets' names to the KGB, which explains Le Carre's obsession, and profound disgust of course, with moles and every kind of traitors. (see for example Tinker tailor soldier spy)

It's not certain whether he was a high-ranking spy: oh but he was: he was acting as "Second Secretary" in the British Embassy in Bonn during the cold war! Meaning he was the top Brit spy during Germany's cold-war times... sensitive and high-rank posting enough. (Note: it probably made him not really a spy but an intelligence officer with diplomatic immunity, not the same)

If I where a CIA recruiter, I would mine this very forum.

Think about it, where else are they going to find charismatic assets that are well travelled, versed in languages as well as the cultural nuances of latin american and eastern european nations, and has an on site network of well connected professionals that keeps him well informed with up to date files on the economic, social, political and cultural happenings in almost every major city in the world?

This forum acts as an intelligence network on its own. A better, independant one. I doubt the CIA keeps a detailed dossier of the hottests clubs right now in Buenos Aires. We do. A man armed with the information we so freely give out in here could infiltrate any relevant group in any relevant city in the world.

If there are any company men in the forum, its not to subvert it.

Now we all should chip in and buy Roosh a volcano lair somewhere.

The resources you probably want to look at will oddly enough be resources created by so-called SJW's. These groups are heavily infiltrated to keep tabs on them, undermine them and to cause them to engage in acts that lead to their ultimate demise.

Profiles of Provocateurs

The manosphere has already been picked apart, dossiers included, long ago. If you ever posted here, you are accounted for. Comes from weak server access and mostly superior agents. We're all outed. Now find the posters that have 200 rep points, never meetup, and still post, and are accepted. The moles start there. Every time a PM was sent to a high repped member that no one met, that had a blog? Caught. Welcome to the basics. Now what are you going to do about it?

Quote: (06-07-2016 07:36 PM)iRONIN Wrote:  

The manosphere has already been picked apart, dossiers included, long ago. If you ever posted here, you are accounted for. Comes from weak server access and mostly superior agents. We're all outed. Now find the posters that have 200 rep points, never meetup, and still post, and are accepted. The moles start there. Every time a PM was sent to a high repped member that no one met, that had a blog? Caught. Welcome to the basics. Now what are you going to do about it?

They are at the meetups. Don't kid yourself.

Quote: (06-07-2016 02:26 AM)germanico Wrote:  

If I where a CIA recruiter, I would mine this very forum.

Think about it, where else are they going to find charismatic assets that are well travelled, versed in languages as well as the cultural nuances of latin american and eastern european nations, and has an on site network of well connected professionals that keeps him well informed with up to date files on the economic, social, political and cultural happenings in almost every major city in the world?

This forum acts as an intelligence network on its own. A better, independant one. I doubt the CIA keeps a detailed dossier of the hottests clubs right now in Buenos Aires. We do. A man armed with the information we so freely give out in here could infiltrate any relevant group in any relevant city in the world.

If there are any company men in the forum, its not to subvert it.

Now we all should chip in and buy Roosh a volcano lair somewhere.

Exactly. The sooner guys stop looking at this forum as a game forum and as more of a networking place, you really start to see all the talent we have here.

I've met so many guys here who legitimately impressed me with their expertise and experience. I am not easily impressed, so I really mean that.

But that also means we need to be careful. There are people out there who are jealous and would destroy this forum out of spite.

That is why I think that when guys push too hard for meet ups that they actually open up the forum to massive doxxing.

What's to stop some white knight from lying a shit load on the forum, hosting a meet-up, getting all the numbers and then doxxing all the guys involved?-
Let the meet-ups happen naturally. meet up with guys you want to meet, but always be careful. Didn't something like this happen to Linux?

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

^well, that's terrifying.

*10/11 +1 reps from in person meet-ups

I'm not trying to fearmonger, but I think we should take our safety into consideration more often. This forum is definitely watched and we should remember that.

Continue to meet up and chill, but remember: perfect paranoia is perfect awareness.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Roosh,

These books might contain the information you are looking for. At the very least, they are useful background reading.

Parker Philip, The Cold War Spy Pocket Manual: The official field-manuals for spycraft, espionage and counter-intelligence (Havertown: Pool of London Press, 2015).

Richard Cutler, Counterspy: Memoirs of a Counterintelligence Office in World War II and the Cold War (Dulles: Potomac Books Inc., 2014).

Darren E. Tromblay, The U.s. Domestic Intelligence Enterprise : History, Development, and Operations. (Boca Raton: Taylor & Francis, 2016).

Blake W. Mobley, Terrorism and counterintelligence: how terrorist groups elude detection (New York: Columbia University Press, 2012).

Jeffrey T. Richelson, The U.S. intelligence community (Boulder, CO : Westview Press, 2016), 7th edition.

I would also suggest reading books by Glenn Greenwald and Luke Harding on Ed Snowden; and listening to Snowden's interviews etc. He's the one person in recent times who has seriously fucked with the American government and lives to tell the tale.

There's a couple of Youtube videos of Yuri Bezmenov, an ex-KGB officer/propagandist, pretty much spilling the beans on the strategies employed by the KGB.

For example (excerpts from "Deception Was My Job", circa 1984):

“As long as you are going to be thinking anyway, think big.” - Donald J. Trump

"I don't get all the women I want, I get all the women who want me." - David Lee Roth

OPSEC (Operational Security) is what you are looking for.

HACKER OPSEC
http://grugq.github.io/resources/
http://grugq.github.io/presentations/

PRIVACY
Additionally, taking steps to protect privacy would also be in order. JJ Luna has written perhaps one of the best books on privacy in the real world (as opposed to online). He gained his experience while working in an underground movement opposed to Spain's Generalissimo Franco (JJ Luna is an elderly man). The book is "How to be Invisible", ISBN 978-1250010452. I believe his practices would make doxing much more difficult.

Haven't read, but on my list for a cold war dream project I am slowly writing:

https://www.amazon.ca/Handbook-Intellige...0415777836

https://www.amazon.ca/American-Betrayal-...0312630786

Quote: (06-08-2016 06:08 PM)Mr. D Wrote:  

There's a couple of Youtube videos of Yuri Bezmenov, an ex-KGB officer/propagandist, pretty much spilling the beans on the strategies employed by the KGB.

And here's another one, more like a lecture

“As long as you are going to be thinking anyway, think big.” - Donald J. Trump

"I don't get all the women I want, I get all the women who want me." - David Lee Roth

Quote: (06-07-2016 07:36 PM)iRONIN Wrote:  

Now find the posters that have 200 rep points, never meetup, and still post, and are accepted. The moles start there.

[Image: laugh3.gif]

Yes, when The Lizard of Oz writes a typically beautiful and original treatise on the pinkness of a young caucasian girls asshole he is actually sitting in a government office park in Virginia.

Says the new guy with 10 posts who wouldn't know anything about anything here.

And you're going to talk about other guys meeting up?

Ok.

Americans are dreamers too

Quote: (06-08-2016 06:08 PM)Mr. D Wrote:  

For example (excerpts from "Deception Was My Job", circa 1984):

[Image: mindblown.gif]

Hes describing the whole of the SJW/Buzzfed-news/#InstaLatte generation.

From the horse's mouth, there is the story of Mark Kennedy, UK policeman who spent 7 years infiltrating environmental groups in England. There was television show about him, including interviews with him, where he describes how he infiltrated the group:

From the sounds of it, he was more of an undercover intelligence gatherer than an agent provocateur, so he just went along with whatever the group did, and if he found illegal activity, he would secretly report it to his colleagues.

From a Guardian article:

Quote:Quote:

"My role was to gather intelligence so appropriate policing could take place," Kennedy says. "It wasn't to prevent people from demonstrating. I met loads of great people who would go out every weekend and show their concern and demonstrate. Then there were other people who would want to take things further and maybe want to break into somewhere or destroy things, and then you start infringing on the rights of other people to go about their lawful business."

The account in the tv show is interesting because he actually became friends with the activists, and the lover of some of the women, and it seems like he kind of regretted in the end spying on people who he sympathized with to a large degree:

Kennedy experienced heavy-handed policing first-hand. In 2006 he was beaten up by officers on the perimeter fence of the Drax power station. He says he was trying to protect a woman being hit on the legs with a baton when he was jumped by five uniformed officers – they were there only because he had tipped off his handlers. "They kicked and beat me. They had batons and pummelled my head. One officer repeatedly stamped on my back. I had my finger broken, a big cut on my head and a prolapsed disc." There were plenty of other incidents, he says. "I experienced a lot of unjust policing. At times, I was appalled at being a police officer."

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2...l-activist

There is also a pretty interesting interview with one of the women he had a relatioship with when he was undercover:

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2...al-tactics

Obviously she felt betrayed, though what is interesting to me about her take is that she wasn't really convinced by his act, it was more just that they were an accepting group:

She said: "He always had money. He obviously had an income that he never really explained. He told me once that him and his brother made beds out of scaffolding – to sell – and that is how he made so much money. At the time it seemed like a bit of a strange thing to me."

She added: "He was a bit different from all of us. He ate meat, he had a pick-up truck, and just not very hippy in a way. Nevertheless people trusted him, and I think people in this movement are generally accepting and open to people being different.

On a practical level, it seems like an infiltrator like this is really of no harm to a group that is staying within the bounds of the law.

An agent provocateur is another matter. I was involved in environmental activism in the early 90's, and although my group was small and local, we were always on the look out for agent provocateurs because of what happened to Earth First! activists in an FBI operation called Thermicon, in which an FBI agent infiltrated the group and actually convinced them to do something illegal that they wouldn't have planned on their own:

Meanwhile, a group calling itself the Evan Mecham Eco-Terrorist International Conspiracy (EMETIC), sabotaged a ski lift in Arizona. The members were Mark Davis, Margaret Millet, and Marc Baker. The FBI mounted operation THERMICON and was able to recruit a friend of the three as an informant and infiltrate an agent, Michael Fain, as a member of the group. After two years of planning, the group decided to topple a transmission tower in the Arizona desert which carried power from the Palo Verde nuclear plant. There are claims that the idea was instigated by the FBI agent provocateur, and that the FBI even offered to obtain explosives for the purpose. There is no doubt that the FBI was keen [pdf, large] to implicate Earth First! founder Dave Foreman in the group’s activity, in spite of the fact that his involvement was limited to a passing acquaintance with the group’s members.

http://www.writingsonthewall.net/earth-f...nd-the-fbi

In 1987 a Prescott, Arizona group calling itself EMETIC (Evan Mecham Eco-Terrorist International Conspiracy) sabotaged the ski lift at the Arizona Snow Bowl. The FBI infiltrated the group and through an agent provocateur convinced them to attempt to sabotage power lines in 1989, for which the four were arrested and prosecuted. During the infiltration the FBI desparately attempted to implicate Earth First! in EMETIC's actions, even arresting Earth First! co-founder Dave Foreman and charging him with "conspiracy" for giving two copies of his book Ecodefense: A Field Guide to Monkeywrenching to the undercover FBI agent. The FBI agent, Michael Fain, was caught on tape saying that Dave Foreman "isn't really the guy we need to pop, I mean in terms of an actual perpetrator. This is the guy we need to pop to send a message. And that's all we're really doing. Uh-oh! We don't need that on tape. Hoo boy!"[6]

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Earth_First!

None of this is specific to online activities, and the Earth First! infiltration, for instance was years ago, and it was all hands on, in person activity.

Doubtless things have changed now, and everything is so much easier, still, the lessons from these two examples hold true.

1. Don't plan anything that is against the law.
  2. Don't let anyone convince you to do anything that is against the law.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Best way to learn would probably be to read first hand accounts of agents who regularly go undercover to infiltrate organized crime and radical groups. This means studying the cases where guys infiltrated cosa nostra, the way the DEA and CIA put guys in the cartel, the various ways that white supremacist groups and biker gangs were broken up.

RvF is nowhere close to being radical or criminal but I would not be surprised if the FBI uses similar surveillance tactics on this group as it has with all other "subversive" groups it keeps a jacket on.

Keep in mind this forum has attracted the attention of the ADL which probably does work with various intel organizations on the down low to discredit people and groups it doesn't like. Not to mention the global political talking heads are kneejerk enough about this site to make it a thing in the media.

This means we know RvF is significant enough to also be watched constantly.

The FBI and police agencies are big on using agent provocateurs though if they want to destroy a group. They insert in moles who suggest ideas or actions that will either expose the group to criminality etc.. to invalidate it or subject it to legal or financial scrutiny.

The next step would be outright framing of someone for criminal misdeeds. This is the part where Roosh probably needs to be wary of. These agencies are very sketchy and pulling a Julian Assange type frame up is not beyond them if they think you are dangerous enough.

Of course the other tactic commonly used is co-opting the entire movement itself. The good old fashioned astroturf. Where they buy off the leaders of various groups and then reshape it to their own agenda. I doubt this would happen here but I would not be surprised if lots of popular manosphere figures get hit up by "sponsors" pushing agenda suggestions.

Quote: (06-11-2016 04:32 PM)debeguiled Wrote:  

1. Don't plan anything that is against the law.
  2. Don't let anyone convince you to do anything that is against the law.

This. I can't stress this enough. Our enemies are well funded. Example: Germany spends 100 Million Euros (tax money) against "right wing extremism". This money goes to leftwing groups. So our weapon is truth and positive propaganda. I'm certain that healthy family, a healthy nation is the best message. The "leftists" who are undecided will see what their policies lead to. And feel it. The struggle is long and hard.
Don't do anything illegal. Creative actions are fine.

Paranoid's Bible
https://paranoidsbible.tumblr.com/library

Provides a lot of good information on Dox-prevention as well as OPSEC.

The Dox Guide
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheDoxClub/wiki/doxguide

Reddit guide to Doxing.
Another useful resource.