rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

would you guys be ok with this forum if it became huge?

Let's say it somehow starts receiving
national attention, would you still post here? If it did appear as if the traffic was heading that way would it be cool to have a private site where you needed an invite to join?

Even the two PUAs who received the most national attention--Mystery and Style--didn't get that much attention.

The pickup industry, by nature, is underground.

A national interest, even if garnered, won't last for too long.

I'd say keep posting here. It'll only garner more people, and that's good.

I think I'd still keep posting, probably less though. Generally, as forums get more bigger with more memebers, things start getting really shitty.

By the way kickboxer, loving the avatar haha. Priceless.

Roosh would just have to implement a forum test that you'd have to pass before getting in. [Image: icon_lol.gif]

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

I like what Gmac said.

That would never happen, but if it did the only thing that would change is a large influx of newbies asking beginner questions. It's not like the rules would change and I'd let in feminists and trolls.

Quote: (07-23-2011 06:00 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

That would never happen, but if it did the only thing that would change is a large influx of newbies asking beginner questions. It's not like the rules would change and I'd let in feminists and trolls.

I would hope if the forum got big we would get alot more data sheets and intel on places around the world!

But there would also be alot more of "Where do indian guys do the best" lol

My sense is that if that did happen, Roosh would have to do what a lot of larger, more mainstream online communities do: name a few "moderators" to help him police things, keep out trolls, and enforce forum rules (which would have to be spelled out even more robustly than they current are).

Newbies would have to be subjected to more stringent regulation. There would probably have to be a probation period (like on some of the old BBSs), where you needed to fill out certain information and meet a certain post count--without doing something stupid in the interim--to be "cleared." I remember sending in a photocopy of my fucking state driver's license to join this one board! I doubt it would get that ridiculous here, but it would require serious, though still reasonable, screening.

That said, healthy growth with quality members is always a good thing. But, one of the advantages of this community is that it isn't so big. This way, trolls can be dealt with with swift justice. And there aren't too many newbs diluting the product with lame, repetitive questions and whiny beta-pleas.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

state driver's licence? did they really wanna see that?

the nature of this forum is such that even fame wouldn't bring hordes of guys to join. being a player is frowned upon by general society, and most guys will write this forum off as a waste of time. there would be a temporary spike in the forum traffic, and then after the 15 min fame effect wears off, things would revert back to core members having a discussion. I'm sure there would be a shitload of newbs asking questions tho.

personally I hate the idea of these forums becoming huge, like somethingawful, the noise to signal ratio would become unbearable.

low-key is always best.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.