rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I had a heart attack

I had a heart attack

So I've been out of commission for a few week cause I had a heart attack. I'm in my late 50s and got fucked, well that's what happens to many men.

I'm not writing this post for sympathy, no really, don't say anything because it's actually irritating to get the sympathy bullshit. I'm a man and I take my lumps and fight back.

But I want to warn you guys: as you get older, the more shit you eat (especially from asshole backstabbing lying deceitful incompetent lesbian cunt bosses, see my prior posts on that topic) the more that eating shit eats away at your body.

Here's the thing: I work out, a lot, religiously. I eat great. But I still got fucked, because I've been in a crappy career for the past 5 years that has eaten away at my soul.

When you get older, the destruction of your soul WILL destroy your body too. They are linked, and anybody who doesn't know this just hasn't gotten fucked by it yet. You'll get cancer, heart problems, ulcers, or a million other problems. They are all primarily rooted in anger and your inability as a man to control your own destiny. Seen it happen to MANY of my buddies.

Being and alpha man who is trapped in a beta life will kill you dead. Don't work for women managers. Don't sacrifice your pride for money, uniess you are building something so great you are willing to die for it.

Remember this post.

I had a heart attack

As I get older, I realize how much of a slave I am of this fleshy body. Your post hit home.

Stay strong brother.

I had a heart attack

Thank you for saying this.

I had a heart attack

Is what "eats at you" stress? Is that what you are referring to?

Keep us updated, keep going

I had a heart attack

Great post. Real honesty.

I had a heart attack

Quote: (05-25-2016 03:51 PM)Kid Twist Wrote:  

Is what "eats at you" stress? Is that what you are referring to?

Keep us updated, keep going

Yes. Every man should watch this movie at least once in their lifetime. It changed my life and my attitude towards many things.

[Image: stress-portrait-of-a-killer1-300x450.jpg]

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

I had a heart attack

I'm in my early 30's and I know how you feel. It's scary to know no matter how well you check the health boxes, so much is out of your control.

A few things I've noticed contribute greatly to my stress levels:
-Poor sleep. I can go three days without eating standing on my head. A poor nights sleep kicks me in the ass.
-Alcohol. If I tie one on I'm up all night listening to heart palpitations once the alcohol leaves my system. Anxiety throughout the next day. I like drinking but god damn sometimes I pay for it.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

I had a heart attack

Thanks for posting, there is so much truth to this. Some people are working jobs and living lifestyles that are literally killing them....

I was looking for a gif about truth. An for some reason I stumbled upon this one. I mean no disrespect with it. You just had a serious ordeal. But with the look on this bitches face, and the dagger through the heart... I just found it to be kind of fitting
[Image: GIF-EVIL-QUEEN1.gif]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

I had a heart attack

Glad to hear you're alright

I had a heart attack

Amen brother. Just turned down a job offer not too long ago after finding out I'll be working for a woman. Best of luck. Excellent thread.

David took his men with him and went out and killed two hundred Philistines and brought back their foreskins. They counted out the full number to the king so that David might become the king's son-in-law. Then Saul gave him his daughter Michal in marriage. 1 Samuel 18:27

I had a heart attack

I always have underestimated stress because of the "victim" complex certain types attach to it to justify their shitty behavior and/or their absolute failings.

That said, stress - combined with a bad diet and lack of exercise killed my grandpa at 54. I've seen stress turn strong men into reduced corpses who look exhausted mentally and physically. Can I really tell them to "Get over it?" Mike is right about mindset and about how your emotions can effect you physically.

If you don't find an outlet, it will effect you.

That is what we do here - we find outlets to prevent stress from fucking up our lives. Instead of avoiding the problems, we confront them, and master them. Brother, may God be with you.

I had a heart attack

What's the course of action for treatment after the heart attack? Stents? Bypass? Swallow a handful of BP and cholesterol pills daily for the rest of your days? How much heart damage? A lot of people have an epiphany after having their first heart attack. I knew one guy who served his wife divorce papers 6 weeks after he had it. TV tells us that when you have a heart attack you fall to the floor clutching your chest and quickly lose consciousness. In reality, many people become overwhelmed by a really shitty feeling in their body and may or may not have substantial chest to go with it. This guy had the latter and wound up taking himself the emergency room because he wife regarded his comments about not feeling well as something that didn't warrant her time or attention. That's despite the fact that he was a workaholic type who came home early or didn't go in because he felt too bad. Needless to say, he was deeply resentful of her afterward because she never acknowledged the seriousness of the problem. He knew he made the right choice because he said he felt a lot better after serving her than he had in years (six weeks after a heart attack.)

I had a heart attack

Respect, and timely reminder

WIA

I had a heart attack

I had never thought of stress as having an actual impact on the body itself, whenever people would complain to me about being stressed out or getting sick from stress, I always thought they were exaggerating.
Thank you for the heads up and grounded reality of it.

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""

I had a heart attack

No doubt, chronic stress will destroy your body. Chronically elevated cortisol, increased blood pressure, poor sleep are just a few of the physiological manifestations of chronic stress which cause the body to break down. Not to mention the psychological toll that constant stress takes. Much of what happens in life is out of one's control. The only things you can control are how you think, how you act and how you feel. Nothing else.

Mr. Lemon, often times, heart attacks happen suddenly, out of nowhere. I just had a female colleague of mine drop dead of one last week. Did you have any physical warnings signs prior to it? Any family history of it? Any info you feel comfortable sharing I think would be of great value to us all here. God bless you man and hang in there.

I had a heart attack

All good and salient points, but to bring the discussion to brass tacks, OP have you gotten your bloodwork checked? Somewhat comprehensively? Having a good diet and lifestyle are fundamentals that can't be ignored but damage can still accumulate quietly and it is still a good idea to see if what you are doing is working.

I had a heart attack

Thank you for this great wisdom!

Only work for a female boss if she think you are attractive and wants to fuck you or wants her daughter to fuck you and gives you massive leeway.

Guys talk about sun, processed food, cigarettes, drinking.

Stress is the number one ager and killer for men especially. Number two is lack of good consistent deep sleep. Three is lack of young hot pussy. Working out and juicing kale and ginger is a like putting up a waist high sand bag wall against a 12' wave. Won't work in the long run, need to fix the root problem.

Gonna sound like a hippy though I bet Gio will agree:

1) Swimming
2) Smoke a little weed and get creative
3) Sunlight on bareskin
4) Yoga
5) Young pussy

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

I had a heart attack

Quote: (05-25-2016 06:58 PM)Travesty Wrote:  

Only work for a female boss if she think you are attractive and wants to fuck you or wants her daughter to fuck you and gives you massive leeway.

Stress is the number one ager and killer for men especially. Number two is lack of good consistent deep sleep. Three is lack of young hot pussy. Working out and juicing kale and ginger is a like putting up a waist high sand bag wall against a 12' wave. Won't work in the long run, need to fix the root problem.

1) Swimming
3) Sunlight on bareskin
4) Yoga
5) Young pussy

I think this can be simplified / modified but you have the right idea:

1) Cardio
2) A healthy vice
3) Sun
4) Meditation / Reflection
5) An active sex life

It's also important to learn to manage your work stress so that it doesn't consume you. I used to come home completely wiped out... elevated heart rate and feeling heavy in my neck and chest, but not anymore. I just don't let the bullshit that happens at work get to me. Also, for the guys in their early 30s - don't be afraid to go to the doctor and get on blood pressure medication if you are in decent shape and have high blood pressure. The earlier you start managing it the better. The longer you go with even Prehypertension(120 – 139 over 80 - 89) the bigger the chance you have problems (including heart attack) as time goes on.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

I had a heart attack

Quote: (05-25-2016 06:58 PM)Travesty Wrote:  

1) Swimming
3) Sunlight on bareskin
4) Yoga
5) Young pussy

Fuck man, I could write a book on this. I'm in my mid-30s and have spent the past ten years slaving in a cubicle. I developed a chronic illness (part infection, part autoimmune disease... not AIDS or hep) and I know stress and lack of fulfillment are the root cause.

I had a heart attack

I am glad to hear you are ok and can share your perspective for us younger bucks. My dad had a heart attack in 2002, and I drove him to the hospital. He ended up having a 5 bi-pass, yes 5. It came out of nowhere, a life of no smoking or drinking, sports and activity, and he was slim. He has rock and rolled ever since. He works now on his feet all day, but loves his job, and is just getting to the point of slowing down for real.

A few things I would recommend is travel. Time off. Pussy. Fun. I am not in your shoes, but that always makes me feel like a million bucks, despite whatever incompetent attilla the hun is above me. For the last few years I went through this; but gaming, travel, and friends have always been a nice remedy.

I had a heart attack

So banging plates all week and doing blow on weekends is bad ?

I kid.

I don't go out much and drink, vodka/water/lemons for me, I don't smoke anything.

Granted I have a trip coming this weekend, which involves copious amounts of booze, blow, and potential women. Which of course makes me happy. (I usually only do shit like these a handful of times a year)

Working 7 days a week can cause stress, but my weekend job is actually fun, my M-F job isn't exactly stressful, but it's a good work environment.

I'll probably enjoy my weekends more if I have them off.

I definitely need some more sun, which is one of my goals this year.

I hope you get better Lemon, godspeed !

I had a heart attack

I litterally lasted months working for a Shit Cunt manager before I almost lost my mind... and you lasted YEARS... that's what I call Alpha Male courage!

I was ready to go back in the Belly of the Beast... but thankfully your post gave me my final indigestion. The path won't be easy, but it'll be worth it. Stay strong my friend!

I had a heart attack

MrLemon, thank you for sharing this with us. It resonates with me, because I've been thinking a lot recently about my long-term future. I think it's important for every man to work on his 'exit solution', whatever that may be. Working your ass off by being an office slave into your 50s, or even your 60s, is simply not worth the money. I've seen major shit happen to several men I know who practiced such lifestyles - they're mentally dead now. All the money in the world couldn't help their battered souls.

I had a heart attack

Healthy mind, healthy body indeed.

I had a heart attack

This post really hits home.

As men, we're expected to have a stiff upper lip and "soldier on" through adversity, disregarding the emotional toll that a stressful working life (and other everyday stress) often entails, because to do so can put our masculinity into question and attract a shameful "quitter" label.

We do this because we have a sense of honour, pride and duty that is hard-wired, not to mention the very real financial/familial implications that can result from leaving a post, particularly in the current economic climate.

Often this stress isn't even brought about necessarily by the job being arduous (but certainly compounds it), but more about the inner turmoil caused by the people that you have to answer to, especially when there is a lack of respect and disagreement with their decisions/policies. Airing such concerns is often impossible (or counterproductive) which results in shit getting bottled up. Well, that shit needs to dissipate in some way, shape or form.

I remember a friend telling me a while back why he left the firm he worked for. He told me "it was like being force-fed a little bit of cyanide each day. No one particular dose will kill you, but over time it will."

The key is to know the signs of stress and manage it properly (as others have mentioned). If that doesn't work, then having the balls and self-belief to take yourself out of that particular toxic environment may be the only answer.