rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Meetup.com Shutting Down PUA/Dating/Singles Groups

I have always recommended that guys over a certain age attend Meetup.com singles groups events. It's an opportunity to meet lots of single women at one time. It's also a huge time saving over online dating. Finally, such events almost always have far more women attending than men.

But Meetup.com is closing a huge number of groups. Most of these are related to dating events and anything related to PUA. The details are here:

http://www.meetup.com/help/article/2426608/

Here are some quotes from that policy announcement:
Groups primarily intended for scheduling dating events and all dating-related service offerings are no longer permitted on the Meetup platform including, but not limited to: Speed dating, date coaching, matchmaking, and date clinics.

Pick-Up Artists and Seduction Guides
Meetup does not support groups that involve ‘pick-up artist,’ seduction techniques, or ‘wingman’ tactics.

Guiding principles
The shared practices and principles of these groups were determined to not be in alignment with Meetup’s values to support local communities built on civility, respect, and mutual consent — not only towards their own members, but towards the outside community as well.

http://www.discussmeetup.com/forum/gener...ng-groups/

It's important to note that Meetup.com has a "Trust and Safety" department within its organization, just like Twitter.

Quote:Quote:

Meetup does not support groups that involve ‘pick-up artist,’ seduction techniques, or ‘wingman’ tactics.

"Feminism's end goal is to release all restraints on female sexuality while maximizing restraints on male sexuality"

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis

Cover story is "commercial" activities using meetup as medium to make cash.

Rebrand as a men's fellowship and camaraderie group.

Call it the pet shop boys.

Quote: (05-23-2016 04:57 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Rebrand as a men's fellowship and camaraderie group.

Call it the pet shop boys.

I see what you did there.

However, such a group would be invaded by Sensitive New Age Guys (SNAGs) urging men to be in touch with their feminine side.

Quote: (05-23-2016 04:50 PM)RatInTheWoods Wrote:  

Cover story is "commercial" activities using meetup as medium to make cash.

In other words a crackdown on pimps who work through meetup.com.

I 100% believe that story, though I'm still mad they'd throw out all the legitimate groups with a careless broad strokes measure just to crack down on some criminals.

First wingmen I had I met off of a meetup.com pua group three years ago. Some sucked, some needed guidance like me, a couple were very good. Met my main wingman and best friend from there. It's not surprising, outside certain parts of the internet pick up isn't understood properly.

In the discussion section was a long comment. Here is a directly relevant paragraph to Roosh:

They are not prohibiting singles events business from having groups. They want all the dating coaches and matchmakers gone.

The reason they're cracking down on this is because of the bad press they got a few months back when that PUA guy organized a rally that basically suggested that rape should be legal. That was the impetus to the change. They got a ton of bad press for allowing such a group to exist on their platform.

Was Roosh even ON Meetup.com?! I thought he was just using the term "meet up". Perhaps this commenter is just confused. (The full comment is here)

Quote: (05-23-2016 05:58 PM)Private Man Wrote:  

In the discussion section was a long comment. Here is a directly relevant paragraph to Roosh:

They are not prohibiting singles events business from having groups. They want all the dating coaches and matchmakers gone.

The reason they're cracking down on this is because of the bad press they got a few months back when that PUA guy organized a rally that basically suggested that rape should be legal. That was the impetus to the change. They got a ton of bad press for allowing such a group to exist on their platform.

Was Roosh even ON Meetup.com?! I thought he was just using the term "meet up". Perhaps this commenter is just confused. (The full comment is here)

Or how about that it wasn't anything resembling a rally, and neither the organizer nor any of the attendees actually believed rape should be legal?

It gets me livid when people have such detailed "knowledge" of misinformation, yet somehow stop absorbing anything once true information comes out.

"PUA" has sort of an image problem. Simply rebrand it as "The Neomasculine Self-Improvement and Romantic Relationship Management Seminar" and nobody could say you're wrong.

Keep in mind that the narrative in the mainstream media is that PUA techniques mean teaching men how to rape.

What's funny is that learning game has actually improved my relationship with women so much. I have more lady friends than ever now.

Quote: (05-23-2016 09:52 PM)HankMoody Wrote:  

Keep in mind that the narrative in the mainstream media is that PUA techniques mean teaching men how to rape.

What's funny is that learning game has actually improved my relationship with women so much. I have more lady friends than ever now.

It's funny how the mainstream narrative is that women are strong, intelligent, and empowered..and yet somehow a guy who learns a few techniques at a two hour seminar is then possessed of sufficient Jedi mind tricks to "manipulate" a poor unsuspecting woman into having non-consensual sex with him with a few corny lines.

When has anyone, without the misuse of massive quantities of drugs or alcohol, been able to use his Williams Jennings Bryant style oratory skills to "manipulate" a woman into doing something she wasn't in some sense considering already? Right, it's never happened.

"They don't come on the lot lest they wants to buy."

Quote: (05-23-2016 10:18 PM)XPQ22 Wrote:  

It's funny how the mainstream narrative is that women are strong, intelligent, and empowered..and yet somehow a guy who learns a few techniques at a two hour seminar is then possessed of sufficient Jedi mind tricks to "manipulate" a poor unsuspecting woman into having non-consensual sex with him with a few corny lines.

When has anyone, without the misuse of massive quantities of drugs or alcohol, been able to use his Williams Jennings Bryant style oratory skills to "manipulate" a woman into doing something she wasn't in some sense considering already? Right, it's never happened.

The only part of PUA I can think of that they could be referring to as "teaching men how to rape" is that idea that you shouldn't stop pushing for sex if she says no. Apparently the ideology that "fucking loves science" doesn't know or care that the concept of token resistance is scientifically demonstrated.

The shared practices and principles of these groups were determined to not be in alignment with Meetup’s values to support local communities built on civility, respect, and mutual consent

So let me get this straight… Now, game is another area which is actually 'rape'… Because men use their voodoo mind tricks to con women into sex?

[Image: q3iCWqE.gif]

The information provided by TS should be added to the Anonymous Bosch Thread:

The Increasing Rise Of A Sex-Negative Narrative In Australia thread-50531.html - Yet another piece of evidence to add to an increasing sex-negative culture.

These "Singles" or "Young Professional Social" groups on Meetup are sausage fests anyways

Big Picture Question:

So let's simplify and assume that mainstream entertainment and most young women (e.g. SJW, teenagers in general...) want to keep men away from the dating pool, or at least make it harder for them to date girls. However, heterosexual girls still want to get laid, or find a partner for life after they're used up.

How does that make sense?

If you were in their shoes, wouldn't your macrosocietal goal be to have the largest number of men available to you in order to increase your supply pool?

Quote: (05-23-2016 10:48 PM)Brosemite Wrote:  

These "Singles" or "Young Professional Social" groups on Meetup are sausage fests anyways

Perhaps in that demographic, yes.

In my demographic (old fucker), such groups are clam bakes.

Quote: (05-23-2016 10:48 PM)Brosemite Wrote:  

I've found that most local single Meet Up groups are run by a woman. Presumably these geographical or age-based singles groups are going to be deleted too.

Meet Up and Citysocializer traditionally have a good male to female ratio at the bar-based social events. My lay rate has been higher using these quasi-online sites.

The region where I live is a notorious cock fest and I recently have noticed the amount of 'Girls' Night Out' events increasing. "Where have all the good men gone?"

The Meet Up website is horrible.

Actually, the best groups on Meetup are the ones that women flock to. Yoga, book clubs, "Women and coding".

Why would I want to meet up with the fedora dudes? If you want to meet up with men to soak up on game, use the forum.

Quote: (05-23-2016 11:36 PM)germanico Wrote:  

Actually, the best groups on Meetup are the ones that women flock to. Yoga, book clubs, "Women and coding".

Why would I want to meet up with the fedora dudes? If you want to meet up with men to soak up on game, use the forum.

Eh, what type of woman wants to date / bang a guy who is into yoga and book clubs?

I've never understood the whole anti-PUA narrative espoused by the mainstream that it's teaching men how to rape. There's a comedian in the UK called Dapper Laughs who even had his show pulled (in which he helped shy guys try to meet women) because it was "teaching men how to rape" and "promoted violence against women."

Really?

You don't need to teach men how to rape any more than you need to teach men not to rape. It's a crime, and like all crimes only a small percentage of the population commit crimes, particularly violent crimes. Even if they weren't crimes, we have an inherent moral centre. The majority of us are civilised people.

"Teaching men how to rape" is laughable in its illogic. Is there any kind of skill involved?

Quote: (05-23-2016 11:41 PM)HankMoody Wrote:  

Quote: (05-23-2016 11:36 PM)germanico Wrote:  

Eh, what type of woman wants to date / bang a guy who is into yoga and book clubs?

Well, generally they don't from my observation. When you go to these events, as a more self-developed masculine male, you really, really, stand out and the women all want to talk to you. Or they give IOIs. The general climate is pretty beta at most groups.

I do a little yoga and read a few books from time to time. I also lift, shoot guns, do martial arts, etc. I really stick out, I think in a good way, when I go to meetup groups.

Also, I never go to all the meetings in a group, only every third or fourth one.

If I'm into it, it's cool.

I would make yoga, world of Warcraft, cake decorating, wombyn's rights cool because I'm in it.

If chicks wanted "manly" men, you'd expect them to be flocking to the woodworking meet up.

They're arguably herd animals. Sheep are both minded by dogs and eaten by wolves.

WIA

No strings attached pussy is always rape, it threatens the social fabric. One way or another pussy must be paid for.

Found on ancient scroll in Western Ch'in: Man who cold approach, laugh at meetup.com

[Image: XiaozhuanQinquan_sized.jpg]