rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Fat and Gay Feminists Still Not Allowed to Spread Dysfunction in China

Apparently someone or something (probably government related) intimidated a fat and gay feminist book author from flying to China. Someone even detained her Chinese counterpart. I wonder if she was beaten or just detained. Who knows.

http://beijingcream.com/2016/03/acclaime...-festival/

Picture of the American feminist that was scared off

[Image: roxane-gay-2-300x199.jpg]

Picture of this group:

[Image: CdUH_U2UEAEv6tM.jpg]

Quote:Quote:

Acclaimed Feminist Roxane Gay Cancels Visit To Beijing Literary Festival

By RFH March 13, 2016 11:54 am Comments: 0

[Disclaimer: BJC editor Anthony Tao is an organizer of the Beijing Bookworm Literary Festival and was not involved in writing this post. We'll continue to keep things impartial, freewheeling, and, yes, indolent in our coverage at the Cream]

Some disappointing news for this year’s Bookworm Literary Festival, which launched on Friday: headline act Roxane Gay, an American writer, critic and literary figure whose books include the bestselling Bad Feminist, has cancelled her much-anticipated visit, citing “personal reasons.”

roxane-gay 2
Author Roxane Gay, whose books include Bad Feminist and the novel An Untamed State

Roxane was scheduled for a solo talk today, talking about gender activism and her recent novel, as well as a forum on March 15 addressing race, gender, identity, and cultural marginality. The latter, though, will proceed as planned (The Bookworm is refunding all ticket holders for the Sunday talk, and offering the same deal for anyone not wishing to attend Tuesday’s panel).

Last week, Roxane had tweeted concerns about how she might be received in China

Follow
roxane gay ✔ ‎@rgay
Also, theoretically I am going to China in 6 days. I keep hearing horror stories of how fat people are treated there.
11:16 AM - 5 Mar 2016
1 1 Retweet 39 39 likes
Follow
roxane gay ✔ ‎@rgay
So I am in a constant state of panic and dread about the trip.
11:16 AM - 5 Mar 2016
Retweets 25 25 likes
Although… being “plus size” in China is an aspiration to many.* Subjects that might be considered taboo or tricky elsewhere – education, salary, medical history, career prospects, home ownership, whether you’re interested in investing in a third cousin’s startup – are sometimes used as ice-breakers in the PRC.

“Hi, good to meet you – are you married? Why not? Did you attend Harvard? OK, see you later” is a conversation we’ve all had, or overheard, or had a few times (by the way, if you’re ever in a desperately awkward social situation: mention that you don’t “get why people have kids, ever,” suggest all property is really theft, or boast about the cartel of Japanese nationalists you befriended last week in a Mongolian nightclub. Problem. Solved).

Big picture, though – times are tough for women. Last year, five were detained by police for handing out leaflets discussing sexual harassment – they were only released after an international media backlash. Those same women have since been sharply warned to keep their mouths shut while Beijing hosted the annual political meeting this month. Meanwhile, officials celebrated last week’s International Women’s Day with an… ethnic fashion show. And just yesterday, before the Bookworm Literary Festival’s morning event called Women’s Rights Around the World, this happened to Beijing LGBT center executive director Ying Xin (a.k.a. Xiao Tie):

View image on Twitter
View image on Twitter
Follow
The Bookworm ‎@BeijingBookworm
An empty seat for Xiao Tie, who was intercepted by cops on her way to her event this morn at The Bookworm #BLF2016
8:35 PM - 11 Mar 2016
31 31 Retweets 15 15 likes
11 Mar
An empty seat for Xiao Tie, who was intercepted by cops on her way to her event this morn at The Bookworm #BLF2016 pic.twitter.com/g6WSf5MiHy
Follow
To be clear: not detained, just not allowed to participate in event Women's Rights Around the World with Bidisha, Clare Wright, Lijia Zhang
8:38 PM - 11 Mar 2016
5 5 Retweets 1 1 like
China already has many bad, bad feminists ­– just look at the All China Women’s Federation. So be well, Roxane: you’re probably needed here. You’ll certainly be missed.

* OK, mainly men. Many men. There’s definitely a tranche of Chinese fellows who’d argue Jabba the Hutt is a jovial wealth creator, simply a KTV-loving slug who makes his own rules. When Jabs is then cruelly betrayed by Princess Leia in Jedi, the lesson becomes ever-clear: Never the trust a woman you’ve kidnapped and sexually demeaned. Right?!? These men should be avoided at all costs, but can be swiftly identified by their pompadour hairstyles, loose polo-and-slacks combo and insistence that you get blind-drunk with them at midday.

As you can see China is still fucking up feminists and has not slowed down one bit. They monitor Twitter and all communications, phone, etc. These women cannot operate coyly enough to evade that. They are not intelligent enough. I bet the Chinese have bugged that stupid bookshop too and they are too dumb to notice.

It's also strange that Anthony that runs this website has become a male feminist after living in China for so long. Maybe he was always a lame beta, who knows. He took the wrong side though. I would not be surprised if his site suddenly disappears along with him. He rarely posts new articles anyway and anything good is even more rare.

I wish Americans would stop trying to export dysfunction in all forms to Asia, but that will never stop. I just hope that Asia does not give up on stopping this stuff. The effects are very detrimental if left to fester.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

The guy running the blog as well as this "widely" acclaimed (ahem) author are caricatures of SJWs and feminists.
Roxane "Gay" for godssakes. "An Untamed State" my ass. More like an Untamed Appetite.

Most Asian countries are devoid of these in rampant form. I'd imagine it's virtually non existent in China.

Just remember, under democracy a fat ugly antisocial blame-everybody-else smug sexually defective piece of crap has just as much power as you. "Best system ever tried"!

Quote: (05-12-2016 09:55 AM)Phoenix Wrote:  

Just remember, under democracy a fat ugly antisocial blame-everybody-else smug sexually defective piece of crap has just as much power as you. "Best system ever tried"!

Ouch! Would make for an interesting thread (if it does not exist already in the deep subforum) to discuss a comparison of different political systems and their effects on feminism.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

The Bookworm is the most famous hipster expat spot in all of China. These kinds of places and events tend to attract disproportionate amounts of Western loserdom.

It's a bit rich as well, because China is miles ahead of most of Asia when it comes to actual "gender equality", but neither gender wants miserable and ugly Western trash parading lifestyles they view as grotesque around their country. In fact, it's the Chinese women themselves who are probably the most ardently anti-feminist in the entire mainland.

Thank god that they're preserving their culture and the femininity of their women and keeping this:

[Image: Girl_in_Muyuan_in_Jiangxi.jpg]

from turning into this fat, disgusting, piece of shit:

[Image: roxane3.jpg]

Preserving the natural gender roles and keeping women in check is the key to a healthy civilization. Here's Black Pigeon Speaks on how feminism destroy's cultures in case anybody hasn't seen it. It's incredibly interesting.

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd Make America Great Again!"

Thank goodness.

I'm the King of Beijing!

They should have let her come to China, then expelled her right back and made her pay for 2 seats on the flight back.

“Nothing is more useful than to look upon the world as it really is.”

I talk shit about china, a lot, but I respect that they give 0 fucks about western ideologies. I respect a nation willing to take a stand for the wellbeing of its people. I do accuse china of being a big daddy government, but I love when they do shit like this.

[Image: laugh3.gif]

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.