rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What is the earliest / latest you should call someone?

Bit of a rant, and a question...

It's 7:45am and I'm at my house, drinking coffee, and reading the paper. I intend to get to the office around 9:30am.

My cell starts blowing up today at 7:30, and when I don't answer, the same person calls again, and then sends me a text message. To me, this seems a bit early, as I'm still getting ready. I try not to take calls prior to 9am.

I have noticed that with the advent of cellphones, clients will literally call me, text me, Facebook message me, or try and communicate with me virtually any time - weekends, nights, early mornings, you name it. It's part of the reason I hate lawyering, and no longer give out my cell number.

What's the earliest and latest it's acceptable to call someone, barring an emergency?

I would say the earliest should be when work starts. If it is a friend then I would not have a problem if they text or call from 8 am. Doesn't mean I will respond in time, but I won't get annoyed by the call.

Whatever replies you get here remember this:

These guidelines or "rules" on calling/contact times only apply to men.

I've had chicks I just met once reply my to my texts or missed calls as early as 6:30am and as late as half past midnight, without any shame.
I usually don't reply at those times unless its a guaranteed bang/dtf scenario.

I try to avoid calling people before 9am and after 8pm.

Agreed, as a realtor I have a 9-9 policy. Won't answer calls or texts unless emergencies until I'm out of the gym in the morning.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

Quote: (05-04-2016 08:49 AM)Khan Wrote:  

I try to avoid calling people before 9am and after 8pm.

That's a good general rule if you don't know the other person's schedule. I make a point of asking contacts what their schedule is, then I put it in the "Notes" field for that contact. That way for the early birds, I hit them up early, and for the night owls, I don't feel guilty calling them at 11pm. You can tailor your approach if you individually ask people as you go. You come across as courteous and also increase your chances of actually avoiding the dreaded voicemail tag game.

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein

When I saw the thread title I wondered "is Johnbozzz back?"

Phone calls I do from 9-7, I'll text a few hours either side to see if they're awake/free to take a call.

With close friends or chicks I'll text/call even later though.

If it's not a friend or family member (business related), I think it's unreasonable to call before 8:00am and after 6:00pm.

If it's a personal call from someone familiar then I'll answer if I'm awake, but I think its unreasonable to call at red-eye hours.

If someone wants to give me their business then I will take a call at 4am half asleep if needs be. I'll take calls, turn around proposals, come and meet people etc on the weekends, on national holidays, in the evenings, early morning, whatever works to get the deal done.

Your idea of reasonable/unreasonable must be entirely subjective and commensurate with your own individual ambitions. I want people to be calling me at 7 am because it suggests my business is growing quickly and that demand may be outstripping my ability to supply, but then I have a very clear idea of where I want to be 5 years from now. There is simply no way I will get there on a 9-5 Monday to Friday schedule. I also enjoy what I do and am fascinated by the things we are working on, so it's really no hardship. Much of my downtime is spent learning relevant maths and computer science for pleasure and with an eye to its long term usefulness. It's not a chore for me to do what I do, or deal with the people I need to deal with.

iPhones have an automatic do not disturb that I have switched on during my quiet hours. If a person that is a favorite calls repeatedly it'll break the silence but other than that it's quiet all night!

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

I don't have a business phone/work phone, so I don't have to deal with calls like that (unless early morning conference calls).

I get to the work around 8:30, I'm on the phone until then and off the phones at 5ish.

I can't remember the last time a dude hit me up early morning, unless we were doing something. A morning a courtesy call to wake me up to get ready.

For females, I won't text them until after 10am, I don't text or call them after 9. That's a hard rule, UNLESS she asks if she can come over.

Any texts I get after 9pm I reply after 10am the next day.

It totally depends on the person.

I try to do my calls between 8 and 10pm. Texting is whenever. I won't expect a response though if I text them in the morning at like 8am, they are getting started with their day.

Calls after midnight scare me, especially from family. They seem to never be good.

Unless it's family, I don't ever answer. No matter the time.

WIA

8am - 5pm for routine business calls. If I'm a client or really need a question answered, I might call until 7pm. Beyond that, I text a message to call me.

11am - 10pm for family unless they're expecting my call.

All bets are off for booty calls.