rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Another White Knight Killed Intervening in A Domestic Dispute

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world/...-shot-dead

Quote:Quote:

The concealed carry permit holder was trying to intervene in a domestic dispute, trying to disarm the fleeing shooter, trying to do the job ordinarily reserved for police.

Instead, he was killed.

Just before noon on Monday, 35-year-old T.J. Antell, who had served in the Marines, watched the unfolding of a domestic dispute between a man and a woman outside a Walgreens in Arlington, Texas, authorities said. The man, a soldier stationed at Fort Hood, allegedly fired a gun twice, one bullet burying into the ground and another striking the woman. He then climbed into his truck in the parking lot and attempted to leave when Antell tried to stop him.

Antell, a father of three and CrossFit gym owner, retreated to his vehicle, grabbed his own gun, and approached the shooter, Arlington police said.

Wife says:

“He went into protective mode. He’s a father, he’s protective by nature,” Antell’s pastor, Marc Lowrance, told reporters Monday. “And he thought he could help everyone involved, and tragically it went a different way.”

Antell, Lowrance said, “sacrificed himself for this family, much the way he sacrificed himself for strangers today.”

Not a good move in my opinion, with kids at home, to be trying to take down an armed suspect...Crossfit is not a superpower.

I don't hold it so much against this guy that he white knighted, but that he approached an active, armed and obviously hostile person at point blank range. WTF??? As an ex-Marine and a concealed carry holder, surely you're supposed to know better.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

If the guy is fleeing, why would it be a smart move to try and shoot him in the back as he goes off?

That's bound to get you into legal hot water, if not be a fatal mistake as has proven the case here.

He could have instead done nothing, let the guy speed off and then take care of the woman who has been shot. To try and kill the perpetrator is just ego getting involved.

Quote: (05-03-2016 04:30 PM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

I don't hold it so much against this guy that he white knighted, but that he approached an active, armed and obviously hostile person at point blank range. WTF??? As an ex-Marine and a concealed carry holder, surely you're supposed to know better.

Ex-Marine, crossfitter, crossfit gym owner. His ego wasn't doing him any favors.

It wouldn't surprise me if he had been a commissioned officer in the Marines. Lots of military officers (and non-commissioned officers) start believing that they carry more authority, exude more leadership than they actually have. Whereas their subordinate soldiers follow them only because they have to, and not at all out of conviction. So Captain W. Knight marches right up to an armed, violently dangerous man who has just hurt someone and expects that guy to stop, surrender, and do as he's told because Special Snowflake, Leader of Men Edition told him to. Yeah....about that.

My thoughts go out to his family and loved ones. I don't mean to talk shit. I just wish he had the sense to mind his business and not get involved in a violent scenario he did not have to directly get involved in.

The article says the killer slapped the gun out of his hand before shooting him. Obviously if you're pointing a gun at someone approaching you shoot them before they can get into melee range, so I'm guessing the guy wanted to be a hero and chickened out when it was time to pull the trigger.

Could have been fear of a Michael Brown style trial by media that kept him from pulling the trigger, given the ethnicities involved.

During these split second decisions the thought of media fallout/attention is never considered or thought about, which is why sometimes people do the most bizarre things sometimes.

Never get into domestic disputes. The woman here suffered a graze would, the White Night is dead. Three kids do not have a father, a wife is without a husband, and the situation was stupid to begin with. If you ain't fucking her, or related to her, for the love of god don't fight for her.

Delicious Tacos is the voice of my generation....

I don't see why copying the guy's license number and calling the cops is so out of the question.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Quote: (05-03-2016 05:42 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  

Never get into domestic disputes. The woman here suffered a graze would, the White Night is dead. Three kids do not have a father, a wife is without a husband, and the situation was stupid to begin with. If you ain't fucking her, or related to her, for the love of god don't fight for her.

Also 9/10 times the bitch turns on the white knight in favor of the abuser.

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis

CoSign with Atlanta Man.

This isn't about alpha/beta this is about risk avoidance.

You aren't pussying out if the problem was never yours to begin with.

Bringing guns into it escalates risk further (even your own).

The murderer literally slapped the father's gun away like BP said - how in the hell do you get that close to someone where they can reach for your weapon ?

That's common sense.

While none of us know how we would react in that scenario - it's telling - ego definitely played a role. Some guys itch for action and to use their gun.

There's a larger issue here. You can't help people and you can't change them...unless they specifically come to you for help (and even then most people are unable to change).

If you pry a woman away from an abusive man, she'll just find another one. If you convince a woman to stop dating an alcoholic, she'll find a junkie instead. And so on. This guy's intentions might have been noble, but odds are he wasn't really going to help the woman in the long run.

I think the pop psychology buzzword for these kinds of women is "co-dependent," but for me it's just personality. I'm not saying people can't change, just that it's unlikely to happen coming from the outside, no matter how good the intentions are.

Every man is a potential White Knight. But we're not in Medieval times anymore. It's a relatively affluent, free society we live in and people have choices, including women.

So, in essence, when you try to "save" a woman, odds are you're saving her from her own decision, not some sinister outside force. Good luck with that.

(To any high schoolers reading this -- please re-read it and try to soak it in. Then find a 1983 movie called "The Last American Virgin" and watch it all the way to the end WITHOUT reading the plot description first. You'll thank me someday.)

So, in essence, when you try to "save" a woman, odds are you're saving her from her own decision, not some sinister outside force. Good luck with that.

Preach!

Good to hear that a white knight was removed from the gene pool. No offense to any current or former jarheads out there, but many marines have huge egos that often get them in trouble. I've seen it at bars, and a couple of times at an MMA gym. Being a marine doesn't make you invincible, and there's always someone who is bigger, more skilled, or more brutal. If you go around looking for trouble you'll eventually find it.

"Those who will not risk cannot win." -John Paul Jones

I wouldn't consider this white knighting because a guy like this would probably do the same thing if it were a man who had been shot. He was a former Marine, crossfit owner, and from the sounds of it was kind of a bad ass with a big ego who wanted to be a hero. What he did was definitely foolish but when a psyco pulls out a gun I'd sure as shit rather have a couple of these types of guys around than a bunch of skinny pants wearing hipsters.

Quote: (05-03-2016 05:54 PM)mpr Wrote:  

Good to hear that a white knight was removed from the gene pool.

He had 3 kids. This is how the white knight gene carries over.

The woman has probably been choosing violent thugs her whole life and, of course, doesn't think there should be any personal responsibility for it. Instead of rethinking her life, I guarantee she's at home - with another thug - thinking, "How great am I that a man died for me! I must be amazing!"

This is just an ego boost and sympathy play for a woman who probably isn't any better than the shooter.

Taking the license plate number and calling the police was definitely the rational option here, but hypothetically if he wanted to be a hero he should have gone in gun blazing before the other guy even got out of his car. At that point it had been established that the assailant was an armed and dangerous lunatic (he just shot an unarmed woman, he still had the gun on him).

I'm guessing the dude yelled at him to get out of the car, the nut got out with the gun in behind his back in his pants or something, approached the white knight saying something like "bro let's talk about this" or some other distraction, and once in range slapped the white knight's gun to the side while simultaneously pulling his out and firing a point blank headshot.

You have to at least appreciate that the nut used good tactics.

delete

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Even prior to this article, my time on RVF convinced me to only protect family and friends.

A stranger's life is not worth yours.

No matter if you think you will get the abused hooker to fall in love with you, it won't happen. Your life is not a movie.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

I guess white people are gonna riot now, right?...

Quote: (05-03-2016 07:13 PM)R_Niko Wrote:  

I guess white people are gonna riot now, right?...

Shit's about to go down at Whole Foods and spin class.

Stupid tragic stuff. Life is precious and this guy who probably thought in his head he was doing the right thing lost his life in matter of few minutes leaving three children fatherless and a WB wife. His decision might have been more than just white knighting as he probably decided he has to stop an armed shooter but these actions normally do not end well as how they do in movies.Unfortunately his action though in a way courageous was brash and reckless.If he just didn't try to play superman, then not only a loss of life could be avoided but also the shooter's life would have had a chance to be not wasted away as it will now when he gets charged with murder.

Moreover, at the end the article reports similar gun killing incidents and forms a narrative how such incidents have increased while gun carrying permits have also increased. Some of the incidents reflect the same stupidity and split second decisions as this incident. It just shows its not the guns but it's the people bearing them that cause all this. A man should always have the right to bear arms but he should also not be heedless.

"CrossFit gym owner"
You know that idiot fucked himself up with kipping pullups, what with his brain being rammed forward and back.
Stupid, stupid. Leaving 3 kids without a father.

Edit: Maybe that was a little too harsh, but still a huge waste.

I found it painfully imagining just being shot in the head . and after his gun was slapped out of his hand? I just don't get what he was trying to accomplish by taking this unrelated matter into his own hands. It says alot already that he shot his girl in the foot (its not fatal in any way) just to teach her a lesson, so he himself was crazy and I think he tried to give that guy a chance given that he was close enough to get his gun knocked out of his hands and shot in the head.

Its tough and I wish their family well and sorry for their loss

Adam says to God, "God, why did you make women so soft ?"
God says, "So that you will like them."
Adam says to God, "God, why did you make women so warm and cuddly?"
God says, "So that you will like them."
Adam says to God, "But, God, why did you make them so stupid?"
God says, "So that they will like you"

I wasn't there, so I won't judge. But me being me there's no way in Hell I'm losing a gun fight when I'm already holding a gun. And I've seen that you've already shot someone. This guy was a Marine, but I'm willing to bet he wasn't a 0311 (Infantry). RIP Devil Dog.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Do you think his last words were "I just want to say, I do crossfit"?